Thread: Save the animated series petition

Cool Save the animated series petition

I just finished talking to a gm who was very helpful but told me they were undecided on whether or not to continue the animated series of AO.
    I understand its alot of work for such episodes but let me explain something.

Both me, my wife and a core group of roleplayers left the game after the 12.6 fiasco we vowed never to return, tired of the promises broken and just plain fedup.

Most of them went on to Daoc or back to everquest.

About 3 weeks ago I decided to take a look at the site, many improvements had been made, then I decided to check out the storyline, the timeline.

I download the first episode, watch it, then dowloaded all three, I burnt it to disk and sent it to my 3 roleplay friends who lived far away, I invited the closer friends around and we all sat and watch it, talked on phone and in person and decided to grab 7 new accounts on the free trial, to check out the bugs and were pretty impressed.

Impressed enough to put the work in at building a character from the begining.

But what hooked us was those episodes, they may not appeal to the powergamers or pvpers but they appeal to the core roleplayers, Philip Ross isn't just a plot device, Rubika isn't just a leveling game they gave us abit of hope that there was more to this game, it wa an insentive to roleplay to get involved.

You guys could zip these up and offer them as episodes to cover disk mags as part of ongoing reviews. or just do it to help people feel for the place we are experiencing.

I don't play the game now as a leveler or looking for the next L33T piece of equip, my character has ideals and needs with moral ambiguity, I don't say ooo gotta level I say hmm what would my character do in this situation.

This virtual world needs roleplayers

Yes, we all liked the animated series.

And we have already went over the subject again, and again.
    we cant seem get anymore as of now.

So spam the ARKs would only get the same reply, over and over.

Mailing feedback is better, but i think the reply is the same, no more animated series as of the current time.

So, some of us made their own. Like Tappert did:
    http://rubika.no-ip.com/thehelpers/

Dl that, and see some cool stuff

Planing something like that my self

Uhm I didn't say anything about spamming arks, I was talking about a written petition here

ahhh okay, sorry about that, heck it was earlie :P

i got addicted to those episodes....so BUMP
    Eldridge "Thewanderer" Shelling
    Clan Martial-Artist
    3305 Local Diplomat

Film director extraordinairre RandaZ's Avatar
    A calm, collection petition list (not through the in-game system) is a good idea Sytrae. But a written might be a bit hard to do, considered that we're spread all over the world.

Does anyone know of any trusted third-party online petition list system? That is, one that checks for duplicate entries, etc? Like all other real petitions (not MMORPG) it must be verifiable otherwise its useless.

I understand having it though does not 100% guarantee that it'll return but at least we can show them that we're mature enough to tackle this in a civilized way and that we're organized and READY TO KICK SOME A..... oops sorry. I've been hanging around the mission terminals too long.

Tap
    Slotine Zembower
    R.U.R. Member (RK1)

Tappert Solminski
    Tailor of Rome-Blue (RK1) [currently MIA]

Bump! and put some more tweak into the game events related to the episodes, not only on rk1 possibly (and no, I do NOT play on rk2)
    Naima - Sorcerer of Atlantean, at the service of the Clans since 29475

*buimp*- but, death to eleena and corky!

-D
    ===============
    First Order S.S.S.C.
    ===============

bump. this is one of the very reasons i enjoy the storyline. i get to watch it and not read it.

How about putting Adds in the start of all of the videos? like the movie theatres have

would make some money to keep the animated series going. no?
    Jamie "Kamaekazae" Rage
    [Enforcer] - [Atrox] - [Rubi-Ka 1]

Rage - Is it in you?
    So excited that i kicked my mom RIGHT IN THE FACE!

Achiever 73% - Killer 66% - Socializer 46% - Explorer 13%

When they stopped it they did not say they would never ever start it again =)

I really enjoyed the animated series and I still aspire to become just like that shady crat character
    Charles 'Kithrak' Houston - Equipment
    Administrator, Omni-Admin
    Bringing the politics of Rubi-Ka to life!

"He who fights with monsters should look to it that he himself does not become a monster....when you gaze long into the abyss the abyss also gazes into you..." -Friedrich Nietzsche-

"By denying support to the possibility of peace, the Council of Truth is guranteeing an outcome of war."-Administrator Houston-

Animated series was great. I'd just like more of it. More more! I'd like to see lots. Maybe a full-length movie, hehe. That'd be the day. Go into a theater tosee an AO Movie/preview. Okay, I'm going a bit overboard. Whenever I doubt AO, I could go watch the movies. It rallies me up and I just pop right back in the game, though the excitment is greatly weakened.
    -- Falling never killed anyone, its always the landing.
    -_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-
    RK-1
    |OT|
    Telgi-61 Solitus Enforcer
    Gauf-31 Nanomage Doctor
    Saruzi- -=128=- Opifex Nano-Technician.
    Manstien-44 Solitus Soldier

YES

This is to me a very important subjekt still there are brave dedicated people out there that themselves make this game so mutch better.
    READ: like Tappert and Kirrana and a lot of other players.
    The roleplayers make this game what it is, the problem to me is to connect to the RolePlayers in game.
    But the animated series made me stay and I must say they make the most of the story. For right now you can with a little trubble get hold of player run events and get involved in player storylines.
    We need the animated series because currently you need connections and pure dumb luck to get involved in the official storyline. On this part the last week funcom have to me made a good change since almost every night my small guild got involved in an officialevent.
    So I say *BUMP* yes the animated series made us feel the world made us all get a visual of the change taking place and everyone could get to know about big happenings and feel a cryptic connection to secrets. We miss Eleena Oak! We miss mr Ross and mr Radiman! We miss Joshua Kahn, Eva Pourais and mr "Stranger". Give them Back FC! They are needed!
    Show us the change...

Player of:
    Areania second in command and general of Omni-tek Special Interest Department the OSID
    You must be the change you wish to see.

Thumbs up

Originally posted by Arila

So, some of us made their own. Like Tappert did:
    http://rubika.no-ip.com/thehelpers/
    Wow that was great. FC should hire Tappert to do the movies.