Thread: Reason for Mort and Newland maps

Reason for Mort and Newland maps

Recently I have heard alot of people complaining that any maps they found on a mission were Mort and Newland maps. Suddenly it turns out that these maps had to do with a story element.
    (I doubt this is an explanation for a mistake they did because if it was a mistake they would have fixed it easily)
    Now the zombies are planning and these maps are related and people are being advised to stay out of Mort.
    So people shouldn't be to quick to discover every little flaw and use it as evidence to prove that Funcom is a horrible company

Film director extraordinairre RandaZ's Avatar
    Interesting idea. I never thought about it that way. Makes you wonder because in addition to the maps, people have also been getting far more vehicles, trimmers and furniture.

Maybe in the future, we'll get furniture delivery missions into Mort that require us getting around massive amounts of cyborgs

I'm not saying that it's 100% a bug because I honestly don't know. And all kidding aside, it is an interesting suggestion and I like that lateral thinking. Now I'm going back to my desk and to ponder the significance of chest loot, Tasty Wheat, and chicken.

Tap
    Slotine Zembower
    R.U.R. Member (RK1)

Tappert Solminski
    Tailor of Rome-Blue (RK1) [currently MIA]

I finally gave in, upped my map nav to 300+ and uploaded a Mort map. Of course I had to BUY one, since they're never around when you need one. Next chest had one, of course.

Ofcourse on the other side it could just be that funcom have screwed up the treasure system and cant work out how to fix it so they invent a quick story to buy them some time

lol

Originally posted by reality
    I finally gave in, upped my map nav to 300+ and uploaded a Mort map. Of course I had to BUY one, since they're never around when you need one. Next chest had one, of course.

LOL I did the same damned thing. *kicks the mission chest with the map in it*

Derritch - 100 Trader
    Eowyyn General of Black Sun
    Doc in Training

Those maps, if they are part of the story, then why do I keep getting Cactuses? Are the zombies raising an army of cactuses to specificly kill me? Or why do I keep getting paintings with a bullseye over my face? I just don't get it!!
    -- Falling never killed anyone, its always the landing.
    -_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-
    RK-1
    |OT|
    Telgi-61 Solitus Enforcer
    Gauf-31 Nanomage Doctor
    Saruzi- -=128=- Opifex Nano-Technician.
    Manstien-44 Solitus Soldier

Your supposed to hide behind the catus and paintings while sneaking past the Zombies, haven't you ever watched Scooby Doo?

It's just a joke

The article about the zombies is just a joke, obviously the maps are a bug.

They are supposed to be spawning consumable items like treatment kits and ammo. (the next patch will apparently fix this - as you don't get tons of maps on test)

Why wouldn't Funcom do anything like this. The zombies are part of a story or they wouldn't be connected with the pumpkin headed guys. I do doubt this story is connected to the major story.

Originally posted by saveyourbutt
    Your supposed to hide behind the catus and paintings while sneaking past the Zombies, haven't you ever watched Scooby Doo?
    Zoinks! Where are Mama Cass and the Harlem Globetrotters when you need them?

The Zombie story is a cover up for the map bug and the walking dead bug. It may become part of the story one day but right now it is just smoke and mirrors.