Thread: PVP rules applied to NPC's affects Damage TYPES more than certain classes.

PVP rules applied to NPC's affects Damage TYPES more than certain classes.

My Experience.

Projectiles are nerfed against a lot of NPC mobs.

whereas the Vector ND shotgun seems to do just fine against these, one or two other mobs cause problems for the Vectors.

now pvp rules are set to halve the damage before an AC/evade check. so perhaps both weapons are having their damages halved. as does seem to be the case.

but then comes the ac and evades check.

ac cuts it even further. and for my mausser, evades stop the crits from happening.

however mob npc's seem to be having difficulty with their IP's as well because the vector is critting as normal, where my maussers crit's are toast.

not to mention the fact that the vector is a very heavy damage dealing weapon to begin with. so it becomes even more pronounced with this mob bug.

I would imagine people with vector's just aren't having it as hard as others with more traditional type weapons.

So i don't think it really has anything to do with a certain class, but rather weapon types.

the fact is, everyone is affected, but some less than others, or on different npc's then others. because the npc evades and ac's are all different for each class.

so listing mobs isn't going to do a lot of good, because for you, the mobs i have problems with may not be a problem unless we're both using projectile based weapons.

The problem is humanoid NPC's across the board. somehow the NPC database has been linked into the PC database for damage.
    thus causing the problem.

so when your fighting an NPC humanoid the game actually believes your really fighting another person. and thus the PVP rules come into effect.

Vektors defence skill is Duck whereas Maussers is Dodge.

Creep.