Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: You have GOT to be kidding me...

Re: You have GOT to be kidding me...

Originally posted by Nietya
    Ok, guess what? You make me sick. Crawl back into your slimy hole and rot in your own feces.
    Not only do you need 14.2, you also need decaf. ;)

As a general rule of thumb Earthforce, unless someone's proven otherwise, just assume that they're stupid. It's scary how often this mantra will come through for you, and the worst case scenario is, you're pleasantly surprised. ;)
    You've experienced people proving otherwise? <boggle> Next time make sure you capture some of thier essence in a tube for experimentation.

Nietya, you're kinda right.

We don't play the game how it is intended to. I'm not for OE like big fat monster from outerspace ; I say a lil' overequiping is nice (like self buffs and clusters).

Now, of course, I understand ppl used to play lvl 15 car with lvl 200 guns. Things will change for them. But the hell with that, they'll get used to it and maybe we'll see more teams and more RP in there.
    Kheeze (MA) / Yunmei (ADV) / Nekroman (MP) / Shixiu (ENF)

(¯`·.,¸¸.·´¯` French Corp ´¯`··.,¸¸.·´¯)

Re: Re: You have GOT to be kidding me...

Originally posted by griemdaall

Not only do you need 14.2, you also need decaf.

Decaf maybe, but that was still one of the funiest things I've seen on these boards!!!
    Princess"Lashleigh" Tabledancer - Unit member of Nirvana

Yes, I had my own fan club. Behold the power of spam....

Re: Re: Re: You have GOT to be kidding me...

Originally posted by Revolutionary

Decaf maybe, but that was still one of the funiest things I've seen on these boards!!!
    Hehe, yep

have to throw my support in with this thread. I have many friends that are engineers and are upset, but I am actually looking forward to being able to do a 50%. Let me explain please.
    When I start my AO experience, I pick the profession that I always play in one guise or another: Doctor/Cleric/Medic. Okay I knew I would never be the combat monster like other professions, but all that I read lead me to believe that I can play and have fun. Came online and found other doctors and asked them what weapon I should use. Answer shotgun? no. Pistol? Yes the FA pistol would be my best choice. In fact get two! I am told. Off I go, pumping ip into pistol, multi-ranged...
    FC decides to remove that pistol, okay I deal, then the rise of the shotgun. Here i am with two PNG pistols dealing with the monsters impact ac, and the new doctors are using Vektor shotties and doing rad damage.

so bring on the 14.2 ipr and let us older doctors get into the shotgun train if we want to as well.

and Nietya, i forgive yoru re-clannish ways, you have to go where the profit marings are best.

You are right to expect change in OEing rules but please don't mess up good OEing changes and 14.2.

They are doing stupid maths a 14 year old mindless boy could do. Their system have far more mistakes than good points. I support an OE change but not as they wanna do in 14.2.

My post is page 79 in the big thread. I will probably do a new thread to expose clearly my mind. Also check out Scumbug posts, good ideas for a new OE formula.

Originally posted by Seloth
    okay I deal, then the rise of the shotgun. Here i am with two PNG pistols dealing with the monsters impact ac, and the new doctors are using Vektor shotties and doing rad damage.
    Vektors do energy damage BTW. not radiation.. =)
    Undercover Soccom Brother

Blackness confirmed!!
    Welcome to the Brotherhood.

Buying ql 161 Art of Peace nano

How on earth...

"Not only do you need 14.2, you also need decaf. "

You know, I was downing my coffee for the morning while at work, tired as all hell, looking at a grind of 5 hours straight of class, and I just kinda snapped after reading all those belligerent engineer posts...

Upon going back and readin(g) that post, all I can say is...

BUMP!!!!!1!

hehehehehheheheheehhe

Stupid mindless pet user whiners are one thing, stupid FC made formula and caps are one other.

I play mainly a Fixer and have no particular reason to whine about 14.2 because of the effect on my class. Also I am not particulary OEed, something around 20% OEed only.

And I would like to add that 20% OE is 25% skill over your skill, and no 20% as most of the players seems to consider.

BUT 14.2 is completly stupid, with caps and ridiculous formulas. I could explain later if you can't understand that. Sorry to be so harsh.

Arogant players who think they know all upset me also these days. I am depressed by their sheep attitude as well as by FC oh-so-great ideas.

Between, IPR is very good idea, allowing players to change weapon style or turn a high level char into a pure T&R char.

Can't understand however why IPR will allow reset abilities... Who the hell have got these brilliant ideas at FC ??!?
    Last edited by Zuh; Mar 15th, 2002 at 23:39:22.

Fc has always said OEing for this patch is defined as 20% increments of required skill.

But yeah, you're right - you OE when you blow over 25% of your skill.

Nietya - <3. Made my long day much, much better.
    Gunned down the young. Now old, crotchety, and back.

People are having enough trouble understanding the overequipping formula as presented in their current iteration, as Gaute mentioned in his article today... if Funcom implemented something more complicated, how do you think people would react then?

The stepped rules allow people to OverEquip to some extent, but harshly penalize the people that overequip to the extreme. What more do you think Funcom wants out of their system?

To be completely honest, I'd be happier if they used 5% increments and started immediately..but I can deal with the 20%.
    ChibiKawai - The KAYOOTEST Level 40 NT ever.

"IWANNASTUFFEDTEDDY AND I WANT ONE NOW!!"

To be honest, I dont think Funcom should punish people for being smart and creative and invest time and credit into overequiping.

Before you start ranting on me, understand that I do agree currently OE has ruined the balance of mid-low level plays (and I play a MA, so 14.2 will have no impact on me), seeing level 50 agent with 150 guns running around is sicking. But Funcom should NOT punish those people if the game allows it legally.

What I am trying to say it....instead of decreasing 25% effectiveness if you are over 20% OE, it should decrease 10-15% instead. This way people can still overequip all they want, and still do better than those who doesnt, but instead of doing 3 times as much damange then the casual guy you now only do 1.5 times as much. And if you are willing to invest your time and money into it I do think you deserve a little bit of edge over the other guys. (instead of being bashed by Funcom for being smart).

People are having enough trouble understanding the overequipping formula as presented in their current iteration, as Gaute mentioned in his article today... if Funcom implemented something more complicated, how do you think people would react then?

The stepped rules allow people to OverEquip to some extent, but harshly penalize the people that overequip to the extreme. What more do you think Funcom wants out of their system?

I don't see how a gradual malus for OE is more complicated than their "20% OE caps". A large part of people understood 120% of your skill and it is 125%. Do you find more complicated to just say "an OEed weapon won't be as effective as before" ? Then you give the formula for those who want to know, other would just understand that OEers won't be as uber as before. Actually we will have to do some calculations to be sure we can equip a weapon without OEing.

They place a caps, clearly, you can't use something that need more than 125% of your skill. Also debuffs becomes dramatics. Someone with a 21% OEed weapon is not always "guilty" of OEing.

There are to much bad points with their system...

Again

20% OE = 125% of your skill

The maths are weak, every 25% above your skill your gun is as efficient as a gun that need 100% of your skill. This is completly stupid. Add to that the insane effect of debuffs.

OEing gun should reward players, not as much as today for sure. Check out Scumbug thread about it in next patch forum, he s got good formulas : ). So a player could choose in one hand to OE a gun and in another hand to have multiple gun to switch between. What's wrong with that ??!? So Why make a so dumb system when players suggest much better ones ? No one whine about Scumbug formulas for exemple.

The pets, nanos and ncu issues are different ones from weapons and AC. I proposed also solutions for that in a post page 79 in the big thread.

Check all this proposal out and THEN whine about it. FC solution wrth nothing. There ARE good solutions to deal with OEing. Cz can't you tell me why my propositions or Scumbug ones are worste than yours ??

Also why IPR have to include abilities ?? That will bring only confusion and anyway you could add it later after you see how IPR affect the gameplay.

I find IPR is a very good idea but can't understand why you want to include abilities in it.

I will make thread about all my view so I can stop posting 5 times the same post...

That sounds like a good idea to me.

Nerf Stick

Powerwise:

Trader: Nerf hard.
    MP: Nerf.
    Doctor: Nerf.
    Engineer: Nerf a bit.
    Soldier: Nerf a bit.
    Agent: Fine.
    Enforcer: Fine.
    Bureaucrat: Fine.
    Martial Artist: Fine.
    NT: Fine.
    Adventurer: Ungimp a bit.
    Fixer: Ungimp.

Probably forgot a profession. Must be fine, :-). I really doubt they will outright nerf the people that need it, but who knows? Oh, and who had the bright idea of capping PvP damage but not capping PvP healing? Hello? Can we say instant uberify the Doctor?

Duh.

As MA, I'll throw a chip in. I'll probably be affected positively by this patch. After OE goes, they might soften mobs down a bit. You know, when a deep green doctor NPC sports over 6k hp to my ~3k... It just don't feel right.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast