Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Decus Coats vs Tank Armor

*bump*
    Yeah, something must be done. Rubi-Ka is full of coats now.

Greetz
    Hax

IMHO Tank armor should have exactly the same AC as the Primus coat but keep the penalities.. Primus coats are supposed to be harder to get and can require camping (tired of seeing decus coats coming up 25 times in a row... GRRRR) of a mission terminal. Tank armor can be bought in stores/easily over equiped (already stated above).
    Oh another things... battle suits are good for something... duh!!
    for selling!!
    ideas?
    Undercover Soccom Brother

Blackness confirmed!!
    Welcome to the Brotherhood.

Buying ql 161 Art of Peace nano

I think Battlesuits should come with an Instakill beam that automatically kills any mob you point it at. I also think that tank armor should give invincibility to the wearer for 30 seconds. But you should only be able to use the ability once every minute or so to balance things out.

On a more serious note, tank armor and battlesuits suck right now. I think it would just be better if they simply really really cranked the AC on both without changing the reqs.

*cough* when's the last time you seen someone wearing a
    battle suit again? I remember half the time we couldn't fit threw shop doors.

It's nearly the same work to get a Primus Coat as Find-Item for a Mission, or a Tank Armor as Reward (remember, i get mostly Omni Tanks shown as reward and I am Clanner... at least my higher lvl MA) from ql 80+. Sure, you can buy a ql 100+ Medium Tank from a Shop, but that will cost you around 1 million Credits. If you want to buy a Worn very light Tank, you will need to spend ~400k to buy a ql ~70... How many Credits you pay for a ql 70 Coat from another player?

Greetz
    Hax

hmm

They should allow you to "augment" tank armor and battlesuits, and require players with high trade skills to modify them, and incur some significant material costs.

Some examples...

Tank Armor

- Force Field generators, reduce damage against whatever damage type the generator specializes in, powered by energy weapon cartridges.
    - Interchangeable armor plates. Reflective good vs energy, reactive good vs projectile, etc.
    - Nano-Capacitor: allows you to store like 1-3 (depending on NF's nano cost) full powered NFs (that doesn't suck from user's pool: its self powered). Once used, the capacitor is expended and you would have to install new ones.

Battlesuits

- Plasma generator: allow you to directly power your energy based weapons, and enable you to "overload" your energy weapon (e.g. 2-4x damage), but you can't do FAs or bursts.
    - Belt feeds: allow you to buy/use 200-2000rnd belts and interconnect it up to your respective cartridge-based weapon, allowing for longer bursts.
    - Exoskeleton modification: different types, only one type allowed at a time. Some would increase agility, some would increase speed, some would increase strength (thus melee damage), etc.

Just some ideas, plz don't berate me about game balance and all that jazz, or how they're not feasible, etc., thx.

I like the idea of a battlesuit increasing certain stats. In truth I think it would make a lot of sense for battlesuits to increase your strength. However, the idea of being able to modify battlesuits to up certain skills and not others is even cooler.

Whats funny about tank armor is that the 100% nano cost didnt used to be a hard cap. Before coats where added tank armor would simply use all the nano energy you had if the required doulbed cost of a nano was more than your nano pool. After they added coats tank armor was descreatly fixed or nerfed depends on how you look at it. (i dont recall ever seeing noticification in a patch message either which is disapointing)

I was dissapointed when i put tank on for fashon reasons that i couldnt cast my hot or team grid period... now why did they have to nerf tank armor even more when they allready added coats to make tank only viable as a fashon statement unless you have a godly nano pool, also funny sinse most tank wearers are atrox and they have squat for nano pool.

If your waiting on tank armors that do special things like skill bonus' or damage enhancements dont hold your breath, i would guess they wont come out till post OE nerf anyway, thats why alot of +stat items that have been added thus far just suck, they wanted to prevent massive OE.

The newest addition to the back slot is the sparkle pack in the fixer shop and i can attest... for 800k your better off going with a coat. Oh and for the guy who said tank is easier to get cause its sold in a shop well.... uh nothing is sold in a shop over 125 so 8P.

Melbringi 90 Clan Fixer RK2

oh and the fixer coats are better than primus but dont go over QL 100 so sempai coats suck now too

Originally posted by Azzazzimon
    I actually think that the AC on the decus coats are wrong.

Nano cloaks and Biomech cloaks have same reqs as decus coats but have 625 as max AC.

I think that decus coats was supposed to have that AC as well but FC don't dare to change it now.
    BUMP

Oh, also change it.
    Don't be lonely anymore.

Look at your post, now back at mine. Now back to your post, now back at mine. Sadly, yours isn't mine, but if you stopped trolling and started posting legitimate comments it could look like mine. Look down, back up, where are you? You're scrolling through posts, reading the posts your posts could look like. Back at mine, it's a reply saying something you want to hear. Look again, my reply is now diamonds. Anything is possible when you think before you post.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12