Thread: Landmark names and Moon names

Question Landmark names and Moon names

Can Funcom add a page on official websites with more geographical information on Rubi-Ka world. I like to learn the names of the three (or four?) moons of the Planet, the river names, the lake names.

This make the whole world living.

Talking oh yea

I think there's 3 moons (and why do they go east-west and the suns north-south ?), and I haven't seen names for them anywhere.
    Maybe we can name them ourselves. We could call that red moon 'Pinky', the big one 'Blinky' and the other one 'Inky'.
    If there's a fourth we call it 'Clyde'.

What are the names of the 2 suns anyway ?

Re: oh yea

Originally posted by reality

Maybe we can name them ourselves. We could call that red moon 'Pinky', the big one 'Blinky' and the other one 'Inky'.
    If there's a fourth we call it 'Clyde'.
    LOL

What are the names of the 2 suns anyway ?
    The yellow sun as Rubi and the blue sun Ka.

Loke the two suns of Tatooine, called themselves Tatoo I and Tatoo II
    Rosalyn "Akayonomi" Shelling, Omni-Tek Nanotech
    Unit Commander - Department X

Lightbulb Atlas

They should set the designer team that probably don't have much to do anyways to make a real Atlas, real as in an actuall book. Complete with names of areas, rivers, landmarks, outposts, the works.

This might take some fun out of exploring, but then just don't buy it. I for one would love a nice looking Rubi-Ka atlas for when I plan my field trips

Unfortunately the Planet is named Rubi-ka. I read the manual that came with the game.

"Rubi-ka" means "Red and dry"

Nice names for the moon though.

As to the E/W - N/S thing.

Axis of rotation and Axis of magnetic field are two seperate things, On Earth they are relatively close together however other planets do have a larger gap between their magnetic and axial axises.

On Rubi-Ka the axis of rotation is approximately through the E/W axis with the polar caps (If such exist) at W & E poles.

The N & S poles however lie along the equater of Rubi-Ka, this would result in at certain times of the day the North & South poles would be pointed directly at the sun, as many would know the magnetic field around a planet helps to protect it from cosmic radiation. The weakest points in such a 'shield' are at either pole. With the manetic poles pointed directly towards the sun you would expect to find both magnetic poles to be radiactive wastelands (at least during part of each day if not all the time), this would also account for some of Rubi-Kas wild radiation and ionization storms.

BTW I'm still uncertain as to wether Rubi-Ka is an actual planet, judging by the size of some of the nearer bodies it appears the iit is more likely that Rubi-Ka would actually be a moon.
    Ye Olde and Original Founding is BACK !

Australian Timezone - RK1