Thread: <Red Tape> Fact finding trip to Tir - Dissappionting!

Unhappy <Red Tape> Fact finding trip to Tir - Dissappionting!

I have to say that my fact gathering trip to Tir was rather dissappionting. Being a bureaucrat I though this would be an excellent opportunity to meet other bureaucrats that serve a portion of the populace that I haven't been able to get in touch with. Working for the good of the people requires an understanding of who they are and what their values are.

The first words I was greeted by when I gridded into Tir with my OT Diplomatic Assistant Droid was the shout "Omni scum" from a rather rude Clanner.

"Its probablly just a bad apple" I thought to myself until I was greeted by another clanner with a shout of "Go home omni." Now, that is just plain sad! I've been yelled at twice and these clanners didn't even have the curtesy to use a complete sentence! Has the clanner's education system degraded this badly since the amnesty?

I saw an interesting establishment called the "Happy Rebel" so I entered it to see how they lived. I was greeted by an atrox that tried to block my path. He simply said "Get out of here Omni." Well so I ordered my Diplomatic Droid to distract him while I sprinted past him and took a look around.

Their living quaters resemble more like a bathroom than anything else, rather depressing. By this time the forementioned atrox managed to get past my Diplomatic Droid and he tried to get me to leave again. Having finished inspecting the horrid living conditions I left without further comment.

As I left the building I saw a clanner in wearing...yes a bureaucrat suit! At last, I finally found a fellow bureaucrat to compare notes with....alas he stood by like a statue. He was oblivious to what is happening around him. Not responding to my verbal greeting I left Tir via the grid terminal again.....dissappionted.

I do not believe in generalizing from this encounter I've had with clanners that they are all rude obnoxious jerks. But this trip is one in a long series of experiences that is serving to verify a private theory I have. It is my hopes that it will not be proven correct in the near future when I visit Tir again.

Sincearly,
    Charles "Kithrak" Houston
    President of Red Tape
    Charles 'Kithrak' Houston - Equipment
    Administrator, Omni-Admin
    Bringing the politics of Rubi-Ka to life!

"He who fights with monsters should look to it that he himself does not become a monster....when you gaze long into the abyss the abyss also gazes into you..." -Friedrich Nietzsche-

"By denying support to the possibility of peace, the Council of Truth is guranteeing an outcome of war."-Administrator Houston-

What if you are proven correct?
    It would just solidify the picture of the clans that most OT employees have.
    Clan members are uneducated mostly, rude, unable to articulate themselves without using insults and do you know why?
    Because they are all immature - our own children stolen by the clans long ago raised in their degenerated system and now they are young, confused and unable to express their true intents. After all, all clanners just want to be part of the company again. Who would not want to be? A save life, a friendly corporation, friendly people around you - mostly... and a save income from Omni-Tek if you do your work well. I honestly dont see why the clanners would want to steal Rubi-Ka from Omni-Tek.. probably for their own purposes, and i dont want to know what those might be.
    Director "Meister"
    President, Omni-Pol
    Level 207 Omni-Tek Dictator
    Meister's Reinforced Suit - Bureaucrats may be gimps, but at least we know how to look good.
    Account Created: 2001-06-27 23:07:32

Upon gridding into Borealis one day, I was met with "Go home clanner!" and "Take your clanner skum outta here!". I wasn't on a fact finding trip, but even in a neutral city, I was met with rude, unitelligent Omni-Tek employees yelling curses and sometimes unintelligble remarks. If you think this is any type of Clanner-only thing, you are most certainly mistaken.

((OOC: As I think you know, it probably wasnt roleplayers that yelled at you. it was probably some l33t d00d, as was the case with my experience.))
    Bliqz: "anything Uwen says is a vicious and ugly lie"

look, its the same on both sides..i gridded into omni-ent the other day only to be met with "clanner DIE" or "clanner scum" so don't come accusing us of being immature without checking why they call you names
    Eldridge "Thewanderer" Shelling
    Clan Martial-Artist
    3305 Local Diplomat

IC: The rudeness of the people, on both side, are not new, it have been there since.... well... long ago, and it will still be there. even with peace. And remember that the guards are very trickker happy about right now, soooo, better get your butt in safty, i did not :P

OOC:Smashabasha, i am a RPer, send me a tell ingame, and i shall come and call you clan scum as mush as you like, then you can blow my head of

ooc: i want to kill all l33t d00ds urgh, they suck ass ack... ruining the game for everyone argh...

Talking Naming Rethought

(OOC Well I certainly know not to name my next character L33t d00d or 3L33t or any variation of that

If it salves your conscience and prejudice to characterize all of us "clanners" as ignorant and unwashed I can accept that.

Keep in mind though that for a bureaucrat you certainly use denigrating terms consistently throughout your "report". The quarters in the Rebel probably looked like bathrooms because you probably walked into the bathrooms. The Rebel is also a bar, not a domicile. Did you announce your arrival or schedule it so someone could meet you? No you grid in and expect a red carpet welcoming committee. This is diplomacy? Glad I am an Engineer.

Also it is very informative that Omni-Tek employees feel that all of us clanners (I like to term myself Freedom Fighter) were stolen as children from Omni employees. I was not whisked away from my parents. My father and mother worked hard to provide me the education I have to become the best Engineer I can be. Please, rather than disseminating propaganda to your employees it would be better to understand each other.

Although Omni-Tek may not understand this, they need the clans and although we hate to admit it, we need Omni-Tek. Corporations should stick to making money, people should be free.

It is sad that so many people are willing to sell their freedom for cheaper insurance and a pension. It is also sad that many people are willing to sell the future of a world for the anger of the present.

Dauhuai
    41st Level Engineer
    Freedom Fighter
    Educated Clanner Scum

On gridding into Omni-Trade the other day, I was...

Shot.

Rudeness is relative.