Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Suggestion: RK1 events in US time, RK2 in Euro

Suggestion: RK1 events in US time, RK2 in Euro

Since Funcom has limited resources, how about doing the following (as other people have also suggested):

Schedule RK1 events on US time (meaning: when most U.S. players are online), and RK2 events on Euro time.

This way the max number of people would get to take part in story events, and nobody would be forced to stay up nights till 6am hoping for an event to happen - some of us have real lives *grin*

Right now RK2 is getting zero to none events, and the rare ones that happen(?) are during US times -> as a result, most RK2 players don't see anything, as RK2 is afaik more euro-player-populated.

Comments?

[Funcom: how about doing a poll on this if you are unsure about the player base opinion?]
    Last edited by Tedric; Nov 23rd, 2001 at 12:10:09.

Angry

There are many euro players on RK1, me included, who have no desire to leave our friends and guilds on RK1 and start from scratch on RK2.

Since FC accepts customers from many timezones, they should take that into account when scheduling events. On both dimensions.

I have also been staying up when I should be sound asleep to be able to participate. That cannot continue.

thbere are *many* non euros who play on RK-2, there are *many* euros who play on RK-1 (the inverse is of course also true).

they need to have events on BOTH servers, and they need to happen at varied times so that all players get a chance to participate.

if it ever becomes clear that the server i play on (rk-2) not only gets less events, and that it also only gets them at hours i never play....that would be the thing that could drive me away. I like AO, it has great potential, but i wont play it if Funcom decides to treat me like a second class citizen because i play on rubi-2 or because im a non euro on rk-2.

there must be some balance

ah

Ah, now I think I get it. The '2' in Rubi-2 stands for '2nd class'.
    <g>

Angry owww

I think so too....it suxx ! :/

Don't forget the Australia, New Zealand, Japanese, Korean, Singaporean, Malaysian etc players as well.

I for one (an Australian) play on RK1.
    Ye Olde and Original Founding is BACK !

Australian Timezone - RK1

BAD IDEA!

Most of the Europeans still play on RK1 and not in a ghost town called RK2.

So this will not do. We want equal amount of euro events on both servers and not forget people from Oceania either.

Zarch and bunch of other chars.

Talking ghost town

I wouldn't want to call RK2 a ghost town. There's plenty of people on everytime I log on.

Rubi 2 may not seem like a ghost town, but compared to Rubi 1 it is. What I do not want to see is a division of event times on servers. Check out AO Basher, currently the web site started a thread on this.

Reality pointed out to me that Funcom answerd a few lingering questions about events on Rubi 2. Somehow Funcom or the player community has this idea that European players make up the majority on Rubi 2. Well the reality of it is that more Americans I believe are on Rubi 2.

Why not hold events at Euro prime time and American prime time. Make events on both servers for both communities. Since European and American players are not on at the same time usually. Is this so hard to understand. Cater to the gamers...

Mistell
    Last edited by Mistell; Nov 26th, 2001 at 17:58:11.

The moment I can move my character between dimensions is the moment they can *consider* such a strategy.. until then, I've been playing on RK2 in the US since July and don't want to suddenly be left out because I chose RK2 over RK1..

They could just as easily spread events out.. not everyone has to make it to all of them.. I vote for smaller, but more frequent events over huge events than happen seldomly..

Agreed

there are *plenty* Europeans on Rk-1.
    Remember the game started in US and Scandinavia - and Scandinavia just happens to be in Europe. I'm in this Game from Day 1 and so are many other Europeans. Hey, we're even starting an Euro-Guild-Leader-Council on RK-1 now, to get our ideas represented.
    Have events on both servers and at times convenient for *all* players, like on weekend afternoons or such. Just about all could play then.
    My 5 cts.

Lightbulb

Yeah, take notice of Spacegipsy, she's very correct.

And someone suggests that all europeans move to RK-2 or are on RK-2?, what strange concoxions have you been smoking???? most european players have been playing since day 1, on RK-1. We're not about to leave our guilds, our hard earned credits, our characters, all the friends we've made... even if they do put up a dimension gate, I won't be going through, too many of my friends are on RK-1.

I am part of an international guild, with members from all around the world and you guys want to screw this up for a US only server? Heck no, i'd rather miss out on the story all together rather than leave all that I've built up in the past few months.

The biggest attraction to online gaming is the chance to meet people from anywhere, better know thier cultures and build a better understanding of the world. If you are going to perform this great feat, you must cater for everyone equally.

Thats my £120's a year worth.

Dairahn,
    CEO Omni-I,
    International guild, 1/12th storyline envolvement.
    Last edited by Dairahn; Nov 28th, 2001 at 11:49:54.

Lightbulb Kill RK2...

...and merge the character database on RK1 !
    Forgive my french english

I too am a part of a large international guild, currently Division 9 has over 200 members from Europe, North America, Australia and Asia.

I and many of our members would be extremly disappointed if it was attempted to make us choose dimensions based on timezones, we have established firm friendships and worked hard to unite our guild. We have invested alot of time, energy and a true sense of purpose in this game, our guild and in the storyline.

If anything merge the worlds rather than even consider such a hairbrained idea as seperate worlds based on timezones.
    Ye Olde and Original Founding is BACK !

Australian Timezone - RK1

*Nods heavily in agreement*

with Dairahn and Falcon.
    The idea of making Rubi-Ka1 and 2 separated according to timezones is the worst idea I've heard so far.
    Whereas our guild might be mostly Germans, I've made friends from all over, and I'm *not* going to leave them behind, period.
    Wouldn't the easiest solution be to do stuff on weekends?
    Like Saturday nights? Or Sunday evening (8-10 Europe Time), so still early enough for us and late enough for Americans?
    Gee.. there must be some solution...

I must be challenged

So to get a service i all ready paid for ."Story events!" I have to reroll my lvl 94 Fixer and my wifes 99 Adventurer because FUNCOM forgot to post when rolling "Rk-2 will not have story events" ( JUST FOR KICKS I ROLLED AN ENFORCER TO MAKE SURE IM RIGHT.. THERE IS NO WARNING!")

I dont think this was handled correctly in the first place and why should i suffer because of it. I have been really patent threw the bugs , bad patches, furbar backpack issue, and all my friends are slowly moving to DAoc. I have high hopes for Anarchy and love the game and hanging with the friend i still have.

LET ME REWORK THIS.

If i have to leave my friends on RK-2 and reroll . I might as well re-roll on daoc and have a quest to find my old friends and guild mates! Please FUNCOM fix the ship before we start swimming. Two more friends jumped off the boat in the last two days.

Firstly

JAKE MAN GOOD TO SEE YOU

next

WHO STOLE MY GHOST TOWN TRADEMARK (see sig)

next

Watch out, Im a monster.

and finally

I was playing the other day and I heard "there is a raid in borealus" and I was like 'HUH'? I knew there was no pvp zone there. So I go to east gat of Bor, and meet my friend (and about 10 people) and we hoof it to the burger stand in holes in the wall. There are 20 people there and I start to get excited because I am actually going to be a part of a storyline event. So we go trucking *swicky got us lost, but we found our way back* over to stret west and when we zone in there is an ARK there. Im so excited, this is the real deal! I am gonna be on Rubika news chanel! So we all follow the ARK (who was following vengenx I think) to an OT base (prison camp) where I would estimate 40 Clanners and a GM were already there!

I spoke (role played even) with the gm, but I never heard him utter a word as I tried to get some info out of him. The ARK said *greetings* to me when I hailed her, but that was about it.

To make a longer story shorter we all buffed, killed the guards there (they lasted about 2 seconds).. killed guards... buffed .. killed guards.. buffed... you get the picture.

After 4 rounds of buffing (1.5 to 2 hours) Finally vengenx (sorry if I got the name a little off) shouts something along the lines of this.

EVERYONE LISTEN, THE GM HAS TOLD ME THAT AT THIS TIME THEY DO NOT HAVE THE ABILITY TO HAVE PLAYER RUN EVENTS. THIS EVENT HAS BROUGHT THIS TO THEIR ATTENTION AND THE WILL SEE WHAT THEY CAN DO FOR US IN THE FUTURE.

That is not exactly it, but you get the jist of it.. bugger off

This is completely unacceptable. I was beta, started live first day (and I have not sold my backpack ) on RK1, built up a nice dual pistol wielding adventurer, got nerfed at level 48. I went to reroll, but they were asking players to go to RK2 to help reduce lag, so I did being that it would help. Now I have a 100 enforcer and a number of other characters on a server that gives us the ENGINE of the game, but NO STORYLINE. I tell you what, if some guy wanted to sell me a car, and told me it was in mint condition, and when I got there it was an engine on a block I WOULD NOT BUY IT. Thing is I took them on faith, and am starting to get upset.

I WILL NOT REROLL

LET ME ONTO RK1 OR GIVE ME THE GAME I BOUGHT ON RK2.

I am starting to make more and more friends on RK2 so if I were offered RK2 with a storyline or RK1 with a storyline thenI would have a hard decision to make, 50/50 right now. But with no story on RK2 and a *very* small population (esp if you like to pvp) I would .. no I NEED to get onto RK1, or this gravy train ends as soon as I can find something worth moving on to (thinking of playing pong).

nuff said
    I am Dnastyone Official Broom pusher for The Professionals
    Painmage my newest funnest guy
    PHEAR ME RK1 Yazule IMMMM BACK

I would have to say that this is an typicall example of how an flame should not look like. You need to think things through and calm down before you try to write an flame... Im sorry but I would rate this flame with an 1. Aggression is to high, grammar and cursing isnt to well planned... Maybe he has an point somewhere in there but I dont even want to find it. - Centurion3

ROFLOL

Cool Hi all

First off Hi ya D..

I have read somewhere that the reson no storyline has been added is "A limited population." I'm a little confused here.

Would the population decrease even furthur by not adding a storyline on RK-2 or is that the plan to reduce production costs by running people off the server?

I'd believe the intelligent answer to this would be :

Storyline events will be added to RK-2 based on a population scale. Meaning not as many NPC's will be out to get us as on RK-1, ECT. Lets have a little fun here.

Here take a look at THIS there is a post from cosmik
    I am Dnastyone Official Broom pusher for The Professionals
    Painmage my newest funnest guy
    PHEAR ME RK1 Yazule IMMMM BACK

I would have to say that this is an typicall example of how an flame should not look like. You need to think things through and calm down before you try to write an flame... Im sorry but I would rate this flame with an 1. Aggression is to high, grammar and cursing isnt to well planned... Maybe he has an point somewhere in there but I dont even want to find it. - Centurion3

ROFLOL

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast