Thread: A Soldier's Ramblings...

Smile A Soldier's Ramblings...

I look across the climbing spires of Rome, the rolling hillsides of Galway, I walk between the great cliffs of the pass and I lay myself down on the riverbanks nearby. I gaze longingly at the distant flares of Notum Miners and the pulses of their surrounding towers, watch from the brush as agile Clan workers rush to defend their rightful claim to land from another Omni-Authorised onslaught.

Knowing full well i should hate them but not truly feeling so, and all the same deathly afraid that they would mistreat me if i attempted to join their cause, permanently scarred with this dark mark that is Omni-Tek birth, permanently set apart from the graceful neutrals and the violent but righteous clansmen, i am just another corporate tool. And it sickens me.

A Loyal Omni-Tek Soldier

Odd...you claim to be sickened by what others would call a glorious heritage, and yet claim to be a loyal son of the Corporation? I believe you should rethink where your loyalties do truly lie...there is no middle ground on this planet.
    Zack "Eternalforce" Craddock
    Professional soldier of fortune.
    Quote Originally Posted by dustynova
    ahhh Ao where the men are boys the women are men and the leets are very very nervous.

The Clans rightful claim to our lands? The corporation signed a thousand year lease on Rubi-Ka in 28709. Granted, they did get a limited lease on land in 29223 with the Clans Rights Treaty, but they have failed badly with their responsibility to end all future armed conflict and cooperate with Omni-Tek mining efforts. When the Clan government was shown to be unable, or unwilling, to control radical clans, the company moved to restore control over these areas, and a new civil war began.

This pattern continues through Rubi-Ka history. The current conditions are not unusual, and with time will pass.

If you are displeased with your role as a soldier for the company, may I suggest a different career? The corporation always needs support staff, such as secretaries and plumbers. Not everyone is cut out to be a soldier.
    Marisha Durousseau, War Dominatrix of The Honored Maidens

Resources exist to be consumed. And consumed they will be, if not by this generation then by some future. By what right does this forgotten future seek to deny us our birthright?--CEO Nwabudike Morgan, "The Ethics of Greed"

Read Marisha's Journal, and see what she's doing

Clanners will not, can not negotiate on Omnitek's terms for peace.
    This war is - to most of us - not about land.
    Didymus - Solitus Trader, Member of Instability

Question

I believe you are wrong. Didn't the ICC declare the mining of Notum on Rubi-Ka the responsibility of any party or group? Isn't that why the war is being fought? I thought that since the Clans and the Omni-Tek Detachments are staking claims to land and fighting for those lands, and the obvious ability to therefore mine Notum, there IS a genuine need for a peaceful settlement. We have been fighting for too long, there can be no victor.

The Loyalty is an irony. I work WITH the corporation, not FOR the corporation.
    A Loyal Omni-Tek Soldier

Omnitek's term for peace is that all clanners lay down their guns and return to the corporation.
    To me and many other clanners, controlling notum mines have given us a new arena
    and a new angle at wich we can fight the Omnitek Corporation. My primary priority when fighting
    for land is not the notum it gives. It is to take the land for Omnitek, reducing their influence
    and pushing the corporation further south. The war has been fought before lands were open
    to mining .. Now, it's a new way we can wrestle the planet out of the corporation's claws.

...your point being?

I merely stated my views on the war, generally that the motives of the Clans and Omni-Tek baffle me, and you're... saying... stuff about wrestling and claws. The War for Notum (the Notum War, not the Land War) is only fought by you clanners out of greed, this is what i have come to believe. The sumptuous salaries that the Corporation gives, aswell as great benefits and numerous quality of life bonuses, are not enough for the Clans, and you seem to choose to live in squalor and pestilence out of some warped pride.

I am a skilled soldier and can't picture myself doing anything else, but murder is not a soldier's weapon. Murder cannot be a tool for winning peace, it will only breed new animosities and hatred. I will not take criticisms about my career choice lying down - you clearly do not understand the Theology of the Soldier too well, if you can dare to say that I should be a secretary or some other menial labourer because i am at unrest committing murder for the corporation.
    A Loyal Omni-Tek Soldier

You, confused sir, are all over the place. Originally, you claim to be disgraced with your Omni-Tek background, and view the nuetrals as graceful, and the Clans as righteous. You even say you wish you could join the Clans, but believe they would turn you down. Then you pull a 180 and say the Clans are fools for turning down the Omni-Tek paycheck. Then you return to your original position, saying you are unsatisfied commiting "murder" for the Corporation.

I would like to first ask you to clearly state your position, and to stick with it. Second, I would like you to explain how the Clans, rebels who have openly declared war on teh Corporation, have any right to the land, and in connection the Notum in that land, that Omni-Tek has a rightful lease on. I would also like an explanation as to how Omni-Tek is commiting "murder"? I see a corporation looking after it's employees by protecting the cities and outposts, and putting down the vile rebels that have commited repeated terrorist acts against innocent civilians. How many headlines have started with "Explosion rocks Omni-1"? Too many. If you are such a great and noble soldier as you claim to be, get your head out of your arse and defend your faithful Corporation! Show the rebels the price to throw away that which was given to them, as a spoiled child throws away presents given to it by it's parents in a temper tantrum. This is why we fight a war; we fight for order, peace, and the Corporation.
    Zack "Eternalforce" Craddock
    Professional soldier of fortune.
    Quote Originally Posted by dustynova
    ahhh Ao where the men are boys the women are men and the leets are very very nervous.

Originally posted by GoliathUK
    ...your point being?

I merely stated my views on the war, generally that the motives of the Clans and Omni-Tek baffle me, and you're... saying... stuff about wrestling and claws. The War for Notum (the Notum War, not the Land War) is only fought by you clanners out of greed, this is what i have come to believe. The sumptuous salaries that the Corporation gives, aswell as great benefits and numerous quality of life bonuses, are not enough for the Clans, and you seem to choose to live in squalor and pestilence out of some warped pride.

I am a skilled soldier and can't picture myself doing anything else, but murder is not a soldier's weapon. Murder cannot be a tool for winning peace, it will only breed new animosities and hatred. I will not take criticisms about my career choice lying down - you clearly do not understand the Theology of the Soldier too well, if you can dare to say that I should be a secretary or some other menial labourer because i am at unrest committing murder for the corporation.
    We are not the only ones fighting this war and we are not the only warmongers.
    The only difference is that we're the ones currently winning, like it or not.
    If you don't want to fight it, then don't. What I fight is the corporation and anyone who comes in my way.
    Stay out of it, and I would let you be.

As for your corporation, you might be content with your life,
    but you are not free.
    We fight for freedom to do with our lives what we want, but we don't expect all employees to understand.

As for murder .. Death is not permanent.
    If you don't have the conscience or guts
    to fight this war, stay out of it.

My ideal goal is too important to let it be stopped by some employees
    heading back to the reclaim. You can call it murderous if you'd like.