Thread: is this pet bug?

is this pet bug?

I played an enginner and she's at 25 now....

this has happen for lots of time now but lately itsa getting to be a pain to lost your pet..

Sometimes /pet guard me or /pet follow me would result the pet to ...*run off* somewhere else far from me ...and no its not chasing my next attacker ..its just run away ...i have to chase it and use /pet behind to actually get it to follow me all the times (in missions using this command would leave the pet in the mission area still while we already zoned out and resulting in pet gone.....)

in mission area playfield, /pet guard me would often get the pet stay at one place and not following us ..even /pet follow would also do the same..though much lesser times.

Are the pathing in missions area or other playfield such as in Oasis known and still in working to be fixed? Ordering pet to attack would someimes make them run away to opposite direction and ...just gone. in Missions sometimes they just stuck at wall even though it was first facing the door and the target is right at the other room in front of the door.....

Please , Please Please let me know this is being fixed! Im tired to get killed due to my pet just wander off trying to attack my attackers (which is sometimes near me and where the pet was first time) but going outside the room or area I'm at with the attacker/s....

Another one is /pet hunt..though its works but i noticed it only hunting for a short period only in which then it wil resume on /pet guard mode.....is this as what the command designed to do?

Thanks for any replied

Sasax
    25th opifex Engineer
    Rubi-ka 2

Angry lock doors

I have a 155 MP and this is a big problem that I have been seeing with my pets. I think I have found the root cause of the problem - locked doors. When the pets seem to run off by it-self I almost always find it trying to run though a locked door. I think the pet pathing (which was suppose to be improved) needs adjustment. When I do missions I ALWAYS walk with the pets behind, but no matter what the pets sooner or later gets lost or takes off.

Imagine this happy scenario, you enter a long room with your pet behind you (in the same room as you) an ACE sees you and attacks - you issue an attack command, but instead of attacking the pet runs out of the room and goes 3 or 4 rooms away. If I live I will usually find him trying to run into a locked doorway.

Come on Funcom fix this! Or at least make it so we can terminate our (MP) pets from any distance.

Im tired of dying coz of this bug...

Im really tired to die so much because of pets sometimes run off out of room.
    I understand that the pet is trying to get to my atackers and that there are sometimes bugs on pathing in most games even online games. Heck even EQ had their problem like this before ..though not as bad and was used as exploits ...
    back to main issues...Funcom Please Please Please fix this pathing problem. I know you may be busy with other issues but at least let us know that you're working on this and dont put it out aside as not-so-important issues.

Let see. In AO there are ...3 classes that use pets?...Though i havent played other classes much but i know eng really dependant on their robot 80% of times since our other combat skills and defense skills suck as dodges or weapon skills can't match the dmg to mobs at higher lv due to lack of ip investment in those area. I dont know how many eng out there increase their combat abilit and try to make them fight as a soldier or enforcer but i want to believe that most eng will want to invest on the 2 prime attribute MatCre and TimeSpace to get much better pet and red ones. so this shows how eng majority will depend on the pets

You're description toward the proffesion also stated that we, Eng creates robots to do the hardwork or dirtywork...so the biggest problem for eng profession is pathing.