Thread: Good-Bye Too All

Unhappy Good-Bye Too All

Well to all I have met within this game I say farewell to you all. To those I haven’t had the privilege to have meet to you also I say good-bye. I have nothing negative to say about this game, I played since beta and it was I very first game I ever played online (I was a virgin ). It was a great experience for me. I guess I just lost interest. I tried to stay on for as long as I could but I can’t, it seems to me that all you do is missions and hunt. I liked the aspect of talking with people and helping the new players but you didn’t help you gain any experience just friends. I guess that’s why it’s so difficult to leave. Maybe in about 3 or 4 mouths I’ll check back and things will be better, I really hope so. I’ve actually started to play UO. This is my second online game (Now I’m just being a little hoe) I like it so far. There are little things you can do and you actually gain exp. who knows I might get tired of this too in about 3 or 4 months. Maybe I'm just a console kind of person. Well good luck to you all, maybe I’ll see you all again in about 4 to 5 months. And to that guy that made it to lvl 200…. Now that dedication! Good job!

In the words of Red Skelton:

The time has come to say good night oh how time has flown. We’ve had a laugh, we’d had a cheer, and now it’s time to say good year.

Talking UO

You'll get tired of UO quick too, I promise you ... been there. Not much to do besides hunt monsters, and PVP, if you're into that.

I wish you luck in finding an online game that will keep your interest. I've been looking for awhile, and I haven't had much luck. Anarchy Online is the best I've found so far ... and if you look around at all the complaining going on, apparently most people think it isn't all that great either.

I notice, though, that many people have a laundry list of complaints and problems with the game, but no real suggestions on how to improve it. Too bad. Whining is one thing, actually providing suggestions is another.

You'll get tired of UO quick too, I promise you ... been there. Not much to do besides hunt monsters, and PVP, if you're into that.

I used to play Uo for onwards of 2 years there was ALOT more to do than in this game, Housing... easier to RP etc...

This game is all about Hunting monsters and PVP... but its fun enough anyway so I stick at it

Dunno what hole you're hiding in when you play AO, Bebop, but I RP every night, and it's rather easy to find.

I love AO, strictly for the roleplaying value. I haven't even levelled in over a week.
    --The connections that enable us to learn are infinitely more important than our state of knowing.

Mirdok lifts a glass to TarryK.

TarrryK heres to the outstanding DJ service you bring to Reets.

Sad ot see another one go.

Hopefully we'll be seeing you back soon.

Actually, I just left UO for AO...

After two years of playing UO on both the Atlantic and Oceania shards, I had to give it up. I started right after UO:R was released, hoped that UO:TD would make things better, and was extremely disappointed when UO:LBR offered tons and actually produced ounces.

Yes, you can have houses on UO...nothing is quite as much fun as finding yourself in the suburbs in a supposed fantasy setting. But, dear friend, to actually be able to own a house is quite a different story...the going rate for even the smallest house is several 100K...a one room hovel. Furthermore, they clutter up the landscape. AO solved all of that by giving us each our own apartment...no need to tarnish the beautiful Rubi-Ka landscape with Sir Killsalot's freakin tower...but I would be a hypocrite if I did not add that I owned a house on both the shards on which I played.

And speaking of the landscape...you can travel from one end of Sosaria (either Trammel or Felucca) in about 30-45 minutes on a horse...in the short two weeks I've been on Rubi-Ka I have been lucky to see much beyond the major cities with whompas...Rubi-Ka is about--in only an estimate--12 times the size of the UO world.

As far as the missions of AO versus the dungeons of UO, give me the missions any day, any time, over the dungeons. No need to have to wait in line for a kill, no need to worry about who gets the loot, and no need to worry that some lamer is gonna lure every monster in the vicinity onto you. If you die in a mission it really is no one's fault but your own.

However, as I stated, I did play UO for two years. I did this mainly because the PC I used to have would have prohibitted me from playing AO. I did enjoy my time there, and I met some really great people. I remember when AO first arrived on the shelves many peeps left UO for the greener pastures here. About half of them returned to UO, filled with horror stories and the like. From what I have seen, so far, I believe those tales to be the product of a buggy release on the part of AO.

In the end, though, it's really about what YOU want from your game. I wish you the best of luck in UO.

Peace.