Thread: The Desert Paradise of Bliss

The Desert Paradise of Bliss

So eventually I surrendered and starting hunting with the rest of the Clan people lvl 25-40 out by Temple and bot mountain, which more of less means running around for five hours waiting for slow spawns and trying not to kill steal. Temple is not a great hunting area. Too many people, too few critters, maybe good enough to support one full team but definitely not the thirty or so people that always lurk there.

Meanwhile, The Desert Paradise of Bliss, lies virtually empty, except for the rare occassion that someone takes a mission out there. There are literally hundreds of scorpions and giant spiders out there, enough to support an army of lvl 30-40 hunters. Sure they add like crazy, but that means more xp for those brave enough to take the chance. It isn't really that far out along the longest road, not much more of a walk than tir to temple. So why can I never find a team there? Its also really hard to raise a team in a city and head out, cause people who want to hunt head out to popular hunting spots....

Fleapit - Rhino Cockpit - Temple. There is more to clan hunting than these three areas.

End Advertisement.
    "When you tread the path of the demon make sure you follow it to the end."

I support your advertisment for this resort area. The place has a save, Advanced Shops, and just looks really nice, with Adobe-Style architecture, and a pond in the middle. There seems to be masses at a time of various insectoids all throughout the surrounding desert area, and if you're up for a challenge you can go south down to the road and take on Hammer Bulls/Breeders, Scab Hyenas, Adult Gofles and Virulent Minibulls. You can even see a stray Ottous, although I wouldn't recommend attacking them...
    Last edited by KramerTheWeird; Mar 13th, 2002 at 12:27:28.
    Fatal Halcyon
    Amoth
    No guild, no longer playing until (if ever) things change for the good.

People are lazy, it's human nature. Give Bliss a wompa or grid, and the place would improve its appeal to hunters and missioners.
    Bret 'Bothead' Bannister
    Member of Rising Phoenix

MrGumby: Bliss is about the same distance from Athens as the Temple is from Tir City, as the Rhino Cockpit is from Newland. One problem is a map req of 140 to see the longest road..

Thanks for the support people

a) Yes, give Bliss a grid point. The biggest problem it that the longest road is really dull to walk down, although you can stop off for a cup of tea in Freedom on the way (also always empty, although the Freedom area is good hunting for lvl 20ish I think).

b) You don't really need a map for Bliss, although it helps. Its just very near the westerly zone border of athen shire (north west from the road as soon as you zone for interested people. Out of bliss if you head west you soon come to a massive spider and scorp spawn).

c) I just like the look of it too. Nice buildings and layout, and the advanced shops are a real bonus (compared to the basic shops in the temple area).

I've recently seen omni guards battling it out with clan guards there, don't know why. Someone said to me a while back that Bliss was the place which the war originally started over, not sure if that is true or not.....

I've come to the conclusion, from in game conversations, that most people just don't know about Bliss. Its the california of Rubi-Ka, and the gold rush is about to happen.
    "When you tread the path of the demon make sure you follow it to the end."

Your right..ive never heard of it..have to take one of my lowbie characters over there and take a look

Please - no whompa or gridpoint in Bliss! I like the solitude, it's really not that hard to get to. Are you really that dependant on whompa's/the grid/planes to get around? Can't you enjoy the journey in it's own right?

Here's how to find it: Go to Athen West. Follow the road. Keep following the road. Follow it some more. When you zone into The Longest Road, keep following it an looking to your right. Guess what - you can't miss it.

It's perfect for mid-level chars, and unlike most of the popular hunting spots it actually takes effort to get there, which greatly adds to it's value - it's not full of "it's the latest l33t hunting spot to gain 5 levels a night and stuff you if you don't want to support my levelling i'll kick you out of the team and find someone better than you you newbie" type people..

And as for the 'lowbie' comment - take one of your characters to the end of the Longest Road and tell me how long you last...

Originally posted by cro
    it's not full of "it's the latest l33t hunting spot to gain 5 levels a night and stuff you if you don't want to support my levelling i'll kick you out of the team and find someone better than you you newbie" type people..
    Unfortunately, that's what the entire game has become.

On the Omni Side, we have Clon**** and Andromeda. They are great zones to hunt in, but rarely does anyone want to leave the Lush Hills mutant-killing borefest. But, that's fine by me... I like being the only team hunting in a zone (it did take us a while to find people who were willing to go with us, though).

Just find a few other like minded people, and take them out there. Eventually, you'll build up a reputation and people will be more than willing to come with you. We have about 8 people to call on now when we want to do Andromeda, all because we managed to get a team of 3 out there one time, and word spread from there.

-D
    ===============
    First Order S.S.S.C.
    ===============

Kramer: I know perfectly well the location of Bliss, but the problem is not related to the 'physical' distance from a nearby town, but rather to the need for people to interact before and after missions, hunting or whatever (marketplace, buffing, teaming etc.) Bliss doesn't have any backyards, so people will familiarize themselves with Tir, Athen (Old) and Newland before they even know what TLR is. And a town without a puplic transport system will unlikely become major social arena, however beutiful and well-assorted shops it may have. Bliss is on the very outskirts of the current map of Rubi-Ka, meaning travel time from wherever your team or guild usually hangs out. For those who don't mind running the few extra miles, I would thoroughly recommend it for both hunting and missioning. Things might change alot when the new zones in the West are opened, that's my opinion (and hope).

Cro: I totally agree with you about not having the public access that would make it more of a social spot, I was only offering my theory as to why it's so quiet, in respons RedRazors question why it's so hard to find a team there. If I want a crowd, I go to Tir and Newland, no problem with that :-)

Edit: Freedom and Bliss used to be alot busier before Funcom killed some good spawns nearby.. The Bull Pastures used to be filled with Hammer Bulls and their kin, very good xp. Now.. well just a few Ottous left further down the road for the higher lvl people, but still plenty of scorp and spiders around.

Oh yes, if you want a REAL adventure (before lvl 60) use your legs and follow Cro's tip.... big suprise at the end of the road. You might want to save first tho (horray, a reason to go to Bliss
    Last edited by Bothead; Mar 13th, 2002 at 19:27:55.
    Bret 'Bothead' Bannister
    Member of Rising Phoenix

Originally posted by MrGumby
    Oh yes, if you want a REAL adventure (before lvl 60) use your legs and follow Cro's tip.... big suprise at the end of the road. You might want to save first tho (horray, a reason to go to Bliss
    Do you mean the forests of Lifebleeders, the glowing red wall at the end of the world, or something else entirely?

hmmm

Maybe the city of shades and their bileswarm pals?

eeek!

-C

Lifebleeders are peanuts compared to what you will find in the Dead Tree Forest - unless it finds you first. Calibraxis knows.
    Bret 'Bothead' Bannister
    Member of Rising Phoenix

Ahh... The Bliss of Bliss. I remember how I was running to one of my first missions in TLR when I suddenly saw a big structure a bit off into the desert. I can still recall the feeling of discovering such a beautiful new place. I still love going there. Places like that really make this game worthwhile. At 57, I've not been in many areas yet. I've deliberately not explored the entire planet, as I want to spread out the experience of finding new places over my entire life on Rubi-Ka.

Originally posted by cro
    Here's how to find it: Go to Athen West. Follow the road. Keep following the road. Follow it some more. When you zone into The Longest Road, keep following it an looking to your right. Guess what - you can't miss it.
    And even quicker is:
    From Athen West, head straight west. Don't follow any roads, just head west. Through Athen Shire, past the robot junkyard, always west. You may be "pushed" south a bit by the hard zone border, but otherwise, keep heading straight west into TLR. You should hit Bliss straight away.
    Vanguard Mharc. Self-equipper extraordinaire no longer. I'm back!

Ah.. the surprise.. I think you mean the swarms of spiders and scorps? Its reminiscent of Starship Troopers

Not for the light-hearted..

Northwest of the Academy is a village full of 'Ewoks'. Try them, they're deep red

I went to Borealis yesterday, got lost just after the zone at the end of the canyon. There's some reds there, a huge lumbering spider-linke thing and more of those 'ewoks'. Could be fun
    Last edited by Ntrox; Mar 14th, 2002 at 14:53:24.
    Gimme sammich!!1

Reborn Sammich

Viril minibulls

They are the reason Athen Shire is no hunting spot. I guess they are lvl50-60 and agro every think (even 200 chars). Got agroed at lvl90 once it was grey, not a big problem but 2-3 might have been... Why put lvl 50 monsters among 10-20 monsters? U cant really run safely from Athen West to TLR lvl 1-50.

You can if you use the route I described in my previous post. Nothing but a few reets on the way past the mountains. If you follow the road, there's much more danger than if you go through the desert.
    Vanguard Mharc. Self-equipper extraordinaire no longer. I'm back!

Question

Do I assume that that area is good for monster parts? If so what are the coordinates for this town?