Page 9 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567891011 LastLast

Thread: traders.....

Exotik, what do you do when a trader attacks you?
    Ouzzelle: It's an O damnit! not a Q!... and it's pronounced Weasel to you omnis.....

Clanners call me Ozzy

Duffer1: SOYLENT GREEN IS PEOPLE!!
    Riddance Jr.: Is it dead?

OMG im a fixer what do you think? Fixers have to run when they face any other class at my lvl in pvp!

Generally I dont fight people my lvl tho. If he takes the time to root me he may end up dead himself.... I have only lost 1 one on one fight to a trader.My duck evades were not high. Duck is over 800 now so I would definately like a repeat in the near future. I went toe to toe with Ransaak and he got the last crit. He can heal himself and everything and he still almost died... I was 5 levels higher than him at the time. That really has no bearing on this post tho. LIke I said its not the Trader that needs to be toned down. The other classes need to be brought into balance. Ransaak saw me first. I walked into his ambush and almost killed him for it. I feel that the battle was fair all in all. If it went the way you guys are describing traders I would have been plundered and shot 3 times ..dead. Not so. And like I said my evades were low on duck at the time, and he had a hard time getting a crit. Hopefully now that they are 800+ I should last long enough to get that extra shot. We both had Snakemasters. I think he had the Decranum MKII armor (+1100 hitpoints more than me if he had full set) where I was wearing a mix of flowers, obtru and Elite. I had just now started upgrading my implants to QL200..from mostly QL175-195 I have no idea what he had as far as implants go. Both of our attack skills are able to be raised 4 points per lvl. It was funny at the end.. he complimented me on my awesome burst.. I told him it wasnt a burst.That was an AIMSHOT.. he laughed and said no wonder you almost killed me you were using a snakemaster too! lol anyway Ransaak and I are good friends..we talked about the encounter, and looking back at the log he almost became the gankee instead of the ganker.

But back to the subject. 99% of the Traders on Rubika would be toast if they ran into a shotgun wielding 160+lvl fixer in a dark alley. I love ganking traders...makes me feel good even if they are lower level than me .... so to answer your question.

I USUALLY kill them

And I will tell you that it would be much easier to do if Fixers could buff themselves like almost every other class can do. I can buff my attack +27 points with SMG. I use a shotgun with an attack 100 points lower after buffing it +20 and I do more damage than with my SMG. Something is wrong there. If I could run around with a decent fast SMG with an attack of 1050-1100 then I seriously doubt lower or even same lvl traders would last long enough to kill me.
    An SMG mastery buff would put my SMG at an buffed attack of 1073 instead of 950'ish. Ok then give me a fast SMG (1 attack 1.5 recharge, 1-350(350) recharge, burst, Fullauto) and we could compete in PVP. Fixer would have near the upfront hitting power of a Soldier, but the lack of shielding wouldnt make us a serious threat to the soldiers supremacy (and our gun would only do 1/2 of the max damage of the soldiers AR). Instead we have very slow weapons to rely on.. either a 3 attack or 3 recharge is the norm. This makes the weapon unreliable in a quick confrontation like a pvp bout. Just lowering the recharge on the mauser to 1.5 and making it a fast weapon like its description says would be an excellent modification. Anyway I am off on a tangent again.

Everything about the Trader is deadly. His chosen weapon (shotgun) is Deadly if your evades are low. He eventually can overcome high evades by ransak/deprive. But not if he has ben bursted/flinged/ and full auto'ed by a soldier first He can heal himself, He can steal AC and hitpoints.. Hehe actually I would say that Fixers probably look up to traders.. They can buff complit and are definately better at using computers than fixers are. They ARE jacks of all trades. I would think that most of the traders drains would be "illegal" but yet fixers have no ability that is so nasty but yet we are masters of all things illegal. Illegal in Rubika means useless as obviously the only things out there that are illegal are illegal because they are useless! Our Fixer junk is just that total JUNK. I dont know why everyone has to put the "shopkeeper" label on all traders as they are obviously masters of a dark art (draining peoples skills and lifeforce) that are totally concerned with making money. Yes I would think an evil type like a trader could kill a soldier even toe to toe. I think A fixer could also do the same if Grid Armor actually worked in PVP. I do not think that the Soldier should be so awesome that he couldnt lose in pvp combat ..even toe to toe.
    IF the has a weapon like a flashpoint on him or some other AR with Full auto and gets a good FA and burst on you and then switches to a Nova to finish you off and you live.. you should have really good evades, a ton of hitpoints , be a soldier with MK up or be faster on the draw than he is! But anyway.. I used to burst, full auto, root and run against soldiers and it seemed half way effective as my ranged evades are always maxed out... sometimes he would still be there after I healed up.. then dead soldier... I must say almost 99% of my deaths in PVP have come from Soldiers, Docs and Agents oh yea... back in the DAV days Klim would kill us alot. It was very frustrating to be killed without even seeing Klim, but at the time that was the power of the NT....some day fixers will get thier turn.. most likely not before I hit lvl 200 tho.

Anyway nerfing traders or MAs or Soldiers isnt the way to fix this game. Only a small part of it revolves around PVP, and I think Funcom is making a huge mistake by letting the PVP whiners put them on a course to make such sweeping changes as to totally make our weapons and pets useless after debuff. I mean a overequipped fixer (the norm) will do less damage than an under equipped one after a ransack/deprive... lots of sense that makes..

Dont get me wrong I am not against the OE changes or even for them I am neutral to the matter but I lean towards not wanting them. I do think the OE rules will remove what little creativity there is left to the game. The mobs will still have uber hitpoints. I mean FC increased the mobs hitpoints for the very reason of over equipping. Now they reduce OE and now mobs are even more uber? I mean why can they not choose a standard? and create a combat system around it and stick to it... they should have never upped the mobs hitpoints in the first place. they should have never nerfed our burst. they should dealt with OE if it was OE that was causing a problem lvl caps/title caps/requirement checks could have been used to stamp it out in the early stages if it is OE that is the problem. This is a big see-saw. It will never end if they do not adopt and stick to a standard. It will not matter if the mobs have 20,000 hitpoints or 15,000 hitpoints if it is about the same difficulty to kill them in the end. Stick to a standard follow it and give your users a consistent environment. That is a major problem that software developers have these days. The games change so much between patches that you dont know what to expect after a patch is run. I totally hate that. And it really burns me up when a nerf to another profession indirectly affects me one of the weakest classes in the game. I am doing everything I can to adapt and make this a decent character. If this OE patch is anything near the fiasco that 12.6 was Omni-1 will be a ghost town. Funcom has a 0% success rate in pulling these things off so here we go....

Exotik
    163 Fixer
    The Dark Carnival

Hehe

Ouz, I finally went to see your thread.

I didn't bother to read the posts between page 2 and 9, so if u changed your first statements in there, so be it, hehe.

First, traders vs enfs...that is not fun...I liked your "hey, just root and wait"...well, cute...but it doesn't quite work like that at high level. Sure, I can root most people, and since fell rage etc doesn't break roots, it takes em a little longer to cast inexp and break the root. But, if u think that I can beat down 8-10k hp fast enough to easily kill an enf, u are nuts. Enfs are in my mind the best pvp-prof in the game, soldiers over ql 150 are close, and traders are close, but enfs have hp, a duck-weapon and flurry of blows.

Now, u spend alot of time at arena, I don't anymore, but we both know that u are not exactly built for tanking, so ANY high dmg class can rip u up. And mp's can kill any1, nanoshutdown, a demon and a healpet is a pretty decent combination...ofcourse people whine about them too now. But guess what, I don't want nerfs on any char, I want the weaker profs to be made better instead. Nerfing is the tool of morons (no offense Fc...hmm...well, maybe some), balancing a game by nerfing is dumb, plain and simple. Balance the game by doing the code right from the get go, and by making all profs strong!

140'ish trader...with agent, eng, fixer, ma, soldier and a few more chars in the bag...Q, u know who I am.

Don't forget to boost soldiers up a lil' before 150.
    Perfection breeds weakness.

Obergeist-Burning bright, Above the head ghost

Mdgprogram-Fearful symmetry <---beat the every lovin' crap out of a level 60 soldier at 49

Stronger, better, faster, push it

The Troll Corps want you!tm
    General in the Troll Corps tm

"btw the above post is meant for all traders below lvl 120

(xcept Mrink)"

it's on post #3 on the first page.

(Proffit?)

i still think CRIT buffs should be self, or team only though
    Ouzzelle: It's an O damnit! not a Q!... and it's pronounced Weasel to you omnis.....

Clanners call me Ozzy

hehe

Originally posted by Ouzzelle
    "btw the above post is meant for all traders below lvl 120

(xcept Mrink)"

it's on post #3 on the first page.

(Proffit?)

i still think CRIT buffs should be self, or team only though

1 problem with that...I don't use crit buffs too often, cuz I am too lazy...

so, Q-weasel, wanna duel? No outside buffs.

lol 50k on Gold.

Mdgprogram-Fearful symmetry <---beat the every lovin' crap out of a level 60 soldier at 49

if i fought you Gold, i'd be ritch... just bet on you ;P

btw common guys, almost 4k views for my post

Clanners call me Ozzy

"ok, don't nerf traders.

+_-FIX THEM-_+ that's right, Traders are broken.

Trader drains have a 190% CHANCE OF BEIN RESISTED, yet you'll get hit everytime with it... FIX traders

95% of trader debuffs have a 90-100% chance of bein resisted(including their root line), but you'll still get hit with it EVERYTIME.

FIX traders... that's what you want right? fix the classes?"

origionaly posted by me.

Clanners call me Ozzy

lil eng

"ok, don't nerf traders.

+_-FIX THEM-_+ that's right, Traders are broken.

Trader drains have a 190% CHANCE OF BEIN RESISTED, yet you'll get hit everytime with it... FIX traders

95% of trader debuffs have a 90-100% chance of bein resisted(including their root line), but you'll still get hit with it EVERYTIME.

FIX traders... that's what you want right? fix the classes?"

origionaly posted by me.
    Origionaly?

Mmmkay, hehe.

Well, ant-boy (internal joke), unless u were too buzy looting u might have heard me cuss LOUDLY over my plunders bouncing when we team? Divest hit almost every time, plunder like FREAKING NEVER.

However, I think engs are too uber, u can run off in a hard mission, looting and getting into a fight with a big mob, then u just let your pet take care of it. Even after OE, u will be able to cast big bots, that's just not right. Also, I think FC should make it so engs can't break calm on mobs, it would make my life so much easier.

Oh, btw...just so u know...our roots cost a load of nano, and do not hit every single time, far from it.

One last thing...traders are selfish and uber and we are all bastards. Lets show Q-weasel why we are the last atleast. To all traders reading here: Pretend u are n00b and that Q-weasel is a trader, pretend u are in Tir Grid area and see him. Give him a tell, u know u want to. Oh, and if he doesn't answer: give him some more.

"/tell Ouzzelle HEY, I WANT WRANGLER, GIVE ME WRANGLER, I WILL NOT ACCEPT YOUR PRICE, BUT GIVE ME WRANGLER, YOU SELFISH MEAN BASTARD YOU. I HATE YOU, SO GIVE ME A WRANGLER, CUZ U SHOULD, CUZ U CAN MAKE MORE MONEY THAN I. OH YEAH, GIVE ME SOME CREDS, U SELFISH BASTARD TRADER!"

Re: lil eng

Originally posted by Gold

Origionaly?

Mmmkay, hehe.

Well, ant-boy (internal joke), unless u were too buzy looting u might have heard me cuss LOUDLY over my plunders bouncing when we team? Divest hit almost every time, plunder like FREAKING NEVER.

However, I think engs are too uber, u can run off in a hard mission, looting and getting into a fight with a big mob, then u just let your pet take care of it. Even after OE, u will be able to cast big bots, that's just not right. Also, I think FC should make it so engs can't break calm on mobs, it would make my life so much easier.

Oh, btw...just so u know...our roots cost a load of nano, and do not hit every single time, far from it.

One last thing...traders are selfish and uber and we are all bastards. Lets show Q-weasel why we are the last atleast. To all traders reading here: Pretend u are n00b and that Q-weasel is a trader, pretend u are in Tir Grid area and see him. Give him a tell, u know u want to. Oh, and if he doesn't answer: give him some more.

"/tell Ouzzelle HEY, I WANT WRANGLER, GIVE ME WRANGLER, I WILL NOT ACCEPT YOUR PRICE, BUT GIVE ME WRANGLER, YOU SELFISH MEAN BASTARD YOU. I HATE YOU, SO GIVE ME A WRANGLER, CUZ U SHOULD, CUZ U CAN MAKE MORE MONEY THAN I. OH YEAH, GIVE ME SOME CREDS, U SELFISH BASTARD TRADER!"
    Bla bla bla, I dont care a sec if your plunders dont hit mobs... what we discuss here is vs players... against us it ALWAYS lands.
    Last edited by Garzu; Apr 6th, 2002 at 20:55:04.
    NT phone HOME!!

heheh Glod,
    sry bout the whole, breaking charm on RMs in misions ;D i was usually too busy looting. then i 'd run and try to find the group, see group, proceed to attack suspected target.(most of the time the orange "Charm" animation in't displayed, heheh sry.

and, EXACTLY Garzu

Clanners call me Ozzy

i think this horse is dead.....

FC obviously has no comment, oh well

Clanners call me Ozzy

I like horsies. I asked my mommy for a pony, but I got a bicycle instead > I hate you mommy!

Trader
    "Roll up, roll up! You won't find a better profession than the Trader! Discounts, wares and credits galore. I tell no lie! I will even give you my no questions asked, 100 percent, money-back guarantee, and you can't beat that. Are you considering joining the trading business? Great choice. As a Trader you'll have access to materials and wares all across Rubi-Ka at the very best prices. That Soldier needs an implant created? Buy cheap, sell high. That Fixer needs a gun made? Buy cheap, sell high. That Nano Technician needs a nano crystal? Hehe, you've got it; buy cheap, sell high. The market is your oyster. But say, you look like you have an itchy trigger finger. No problem. Give us a gun and we'll use it alright, but let us use our nano programs and I'll take some of an enemy's skills and give them back to me. And I won't even charge them for it! He-he. Hey, I'll even swap minds with an enemy and control them that way. For no added cost, I'll increase the armor and skills of a friend through the sacrifice of my own skills. Hey, that's what we do; make transactions. So, how about it then? Become a Trader and be your own one-person shopping complex. Become one in 5 minutes and I'll even include this set of nano-sharpened Bronto Burger knives!"

Overview
    The Trader is an unorthodox profession, the name coming from both the affinity for trade skills and the more symbolic trading or swapping of skills, health and more. He is at home in a team, as his sacrifices through nano programs are very valuable to his companions. The Trader is a very complex profession, and a very social one.

Strong fields
    Trade skills

Nano formula skills

Weak fields
    All combat

Key skills
    Nano Energy Pool

Shotgun

Nano Execution Initiative

Navigation

All trade skills

All nano skills

Nanos
    The nano lines for the Trader are hard to categorize. She can drain a target of health, nano points, skills or protection, getting some of the drained points for herself. Likewise, she can drain herself of the same, lending out some amount of it to her target, or even her whole team. The Trader, by manipulating nano-bots, may also take over the body of a monster or alien, and control the body for a period of time. In addition to this she has a line of root programs.

Initiative skill transfer

Combat skill transfer

Health transfer

Armor transfer

Trade skill buff

Damage buff

Root

Nano transfer

Pacify

Charm

Computer Literacy buff

I just think the stuff I put in bold is funny.
    To be old and wise. You must first be young and stupid. Written by unknown

Xadu RK1

LOCA you go too far man

Just checking out this the forums again, seems like everytime I come here peeps are talking bad about me. Here I go defending myself again.

Originally posted by loca

he was in team with agent lvl 68 ..
    Dude, why do you have to make this a big deal? You gridded out of danger.

And you were target #4. The only reason I even thought to try you was cause everyone else was attacking me as if they were all teamed. 3 peeps died before I even touched you. So u do what all fixers are doing lately gridding out before dying.

Lol the funny thing to me was that you gave me a tell saying how much I sucked, putting me down and what and not and you wouldnt stop. So I left to check out 2ho there I saw you in the grid and you had like 1 hair of life left! ha ha. Talkin all big and bad and you barely were able to grid out.

Mr Ink

:)

i think this horse is dead.....

FC obviously has no comment, oh well

Funcom never comments, they don't read here.

And plunder doesn't hit every time in pvp...not...every time...hehe

And Q-Weasel is a freaking engineer, he's supposed to be hiding behind his bot, what is he doing in an arena?

I have been slapped silly by enfs, a few times, in pvp...go whine about them instead, they are meaner in pvp!

Traders are at best second best in pvp, and that is only until soldiers get their 1:45 min 75% shield that u can't do crap to, lol.

"Traders are strong, so nerf them."

U guys suck, u want everyone to suck as much instead of getting stronger yourself. Damn communist bastards! As soon as someone is stronger than u, u whine whine whine! Mp's got loving, oooh, nerf them, they are too strong. Traders can suck me dry, oooh, nerf them! Why not ask the poor excuse of a company that is supposed to bring this game out of beta to actually FIX the bugs and make the professions strong AND balanced? Sure, u can nerf all profs down to agent/adv level and be all happy if u manage to kill Ownz at level 120, but don't expect me to play the game. Make the gimps stronger, and leave the ok profs the heck alone. I had an agent (after aimed shot was fixed btw, I never complained about THAT) but after 5 straight nerf patches, I just let him go, FC had no idea what they were doing, but they sure did it anyways.

Gold...............

TMS MKX lasts for 1:20. Not 1:45. Please get the facts right.

lol

Originally posted by Obergeist
    Gold...............

TMS MKX lasts for 1:20. Not 1:45. Please get the facts right.
    my soldier stopped at 65...and it FEELS like 1:45s! *cough*

I use TMS MKIV currently... sure as hell doesn't feel like 1:45 to me when a mobs hacking at you.

Page 9 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567891011 LastLast