Page 7 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567891011 LastLast

Thread: traders.....

this was not about agents was it :D

Fixers are better than agents because Full Auto is better than Aimed Shot :P

And ofcourse u can find peeps with title, that means nothing....lots got apprentice only by standing at tir arena and wacking morons.....Sodie the Novice fixer got novice from moving in fast trying to crit and if not grid out fast.
    That givers no indication of whether "fixers" are good or not......
    Im talking of the everyday PvP situation, u see any current pvp agents get title ? lol ask synoptic how easy it is beeing agent :P
    anyways this was not at all a thread about agents, i still say we need to nerf the agents tho cause they have all the nanos in the game, the best weapons and most money.

btw my lowbie trader got rookie in only a few hours very easy, noone was able to touch her except a very exploited soldier and another trader higher lvl than me. Rest was easy, aoe roots heals etc.
    Noer u speak as if u have so much pvp knowledge, even tho u are rarely seen in pvp, still u say that traders are not that uber wich makes me laugh. Traders are WAY uber at all lvls, and its very easy to understand why. Even in a team u traders own, by far the most damage and both my lowbie trader and u Noer outhealed the doc easy

Now PvP 1vs1 will never be fair in this game due to many factors, like if enough people of some profession whine they will get loving etc, lag and other stuff, and big battles dont happen cause of MAJOR lag, its just a fact, i dont know why people bother continue complaining about it.....we all have suggestions to make stuff better, but fact is it will always be something wich benefit ourself in that 1on1 situation we wanna win.....if this game was only a weee bit right soldiers wouldnt be able to loose a 1on1 situation but as of now they do it EASY, especially to traders....wich is wrong no doubt.

Re: Bah what about...

Originally posted by DeadKenny
    lets say Noer i duno any high lvl traders so lets say its u or whoever is the highest go in the Arena ALONE with Garv.
    No run out, everything else you can do just not run out of it and noone interfeer, only self buffs.
    Maybe im stupid enuff to think two ppl like that know in they wont get ganked could do it fair without outside buff...
    And post the results on 10 fights, i think that'll give everybody the answer.
    Has happened. Jannerik vs Garv. Wasn't 10 fights, but can you guess who won? Hint: He is one bad ass shopkeeper.

Oh and btw, MK Sheild DID go up.

I agree, and strongly support nurfing crits, if that means making MA crit buffs self/melee only and making LLTs ranged only that would be a nice way to reduce their frequency by 50%. The ranges of funbombs weapons are silly too. If they don't do this they should just reduce the frequency of crits by 50% across the board.

Shotguns have 20-25M range and most useful and fast assault rifles have 10-15m range. I don't really get that at all. I know range is about game balance, not reality, but it seems sort of counter intuitive to me.

Funcom obviously had no vision about how frequent crits would be in both PVM and PVP. If they did, they wouldn't have had to make high level mobs have so many HPs about 10 patches ago as an emergency fix to how easy they were to kill because of crit frequency.

I also would like to see nano resist be more effective and at the same time, nano resist lowered on mobs to reasonable levels. Seeing ACE soldiers chain resist when the skill should be hard for them to rase is just silly. It's part of funcoms very divergent PVP/PVM combat systems. One of the main reasons leveling is so BORING is because mobs are so predictable. Funcom wants this, but I think they should consider making MOB combat a bit more dynamic and AI a lot better.

Fixing nano resist and crits would go a long way to balance classes.

I would also like to see only one of the 2 trader debuffs lines effect only nano skills, and the other effect combat skills, but this may not be necessary if crits and nano resist are fixed.

Finally, I'd like to see 100% damage for normal attacks again with either 40% or 30% caps.

All these changes would do a lot to balance PVP out, and don’t require any class based nurfs (except for the debuff one that isn’t really necessary). Furthermore, some classes should get some real love, Agents, Fixers, Advents and Nano Techs. I can’t understand why it takes Funcom so long to make class adjustments, it’s like they only have 1 programmer working part-time only, or maybe they are just a bunch of college interns that they don't have to pay.
    Last edited by Nichola_Six; Mar 27th, 2002 at 17:59:08.

I don't pvp? huh?

my apprentice was born on me? I gotta be the first that happens to. Could it be that we don't play at same times? Or does your definition on pvp'ing sit in 2ho all day long? Then I don't pvp no.

But I am in pvp-combat almost every day. So I don't really know what you base that on.
    ~Lone

Traders are not so uber as people believe. Take away Ma crit buffs and the problem is fixed. That simple folks! So stop your complaining and complain for Ma crit buffs to become self only.

I met mrink (lvl 140+ trader) twice yesterday.

First time, I had a crit buff running, I caught him fast, bam bam bam, fight was no more than 5 seconds...... -> Remains of Mrink <-

Second time, I didnt have any outside buff, he had several other omnis with him, and I think there were 2 other random clanners with me. The fight lasted longer, I shot shot shot, he healed and shot back. But I was surprised how I could get him with his so called godly healing as someone has mentioned and me using a shotgun w/o a critical buff still could drop him. The situation was a bit messy, took a while, but still ...... -> Remains of Mrink <-

Maybe I was really lucky, or maybe he was selfbuffed, or maybe because he lagged. But theres a possibility u could beat a trader even when you are selfbuffed.

Noer does pvp, I had encountered him many times from 2ho to Camelot castle.
    Maybe Fopus and Noer dont live in the same time zone, you two never seen each other in battlefield.

hehe funy thing is that Fopus live quite near me ;P

btw. I don't like "Drzand" chasing me and finding out it is a big brown nugget of yours ;P
    ~Lone

hehe

I dont believe i said u NEVER pvp, it that was how u understood it im sorry. My point was that for me it sounded like u were trying to make Traders less worth, and thats a load of bs, both cause u yourself is one, and because they _are_ uber

Wenzel you are quite funny to listen to, everyone could kill someone (who dont have MK shield up) with alpha strike from a big gun like yours...........thats not the point here... we could all reroll and get to lvl 170 so we could easy get the ql200 fling/burst/fullauto/suckittome/extrasweetchocolatesurprise on.....
    this is about traders having better roots than agents/fixer, better heals than healing classes, better attackrating than soldiers, better everything

Traders are the gods of everything. That's both PVP and PVM...

Anyone who says otherwise needs a swift kick in the nuts...

Don't Believe Me?
    Veteran Homer "Detonate" McDuff - My Equipment
    -= First Order =-

First Order is one of the largest and most powerful Omni-Tek Departments located on Rubi-Ka 1. If you are a dedicated Omni-Tek employee looking for superior opportunities within the company, check out http://www.firstorder.net/ and apply for a position today!
    First Order is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate based on Breed, Level, or Profession.

WHY MMORPG'S SUCK!

That's just a shotgun with UVC.

I have 880 ish attack right now, and with UVC I can do about the same (5-6 crits in a row, fast -- with a bit of luck, which I'm sure this guy had too -- that is not the norm)....

.... except my crit is only 2300 or so, and it's not ranged.
    Katelin Arinia Rhees
    Level 220 Enforcer
    Former Enforcer Professional
    Former President of the late Midnight Reveries
    Account Created: 2001-10-08; Account Expired: 2005-02-19

That is a Level 113, against a Vet, and trust me. Not with UVC.

I know Takima. She's my guildie...

She's grouped with a 113 MA, so maybe VS, but probably SG.

The fact is, traders are uber. Pvp, and Pvm... Those that deny this need a swift kick in the nuts.
    Veteran Homer "Detonate" McDuff - My Equipment
    -= First Order =-

First Order is one of the largest and most powerful Omni-Tek Departments located on Rubi-Ka 1. If you are a dedicated Omni-Tek employee looking for superior opportunities within the company, check out http://www.firstorder.net/ and apply for a position today!
    First Order is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate based on Breed, Level, or Profession.

WHY MMORPG'S SUCK!

We should stop posting. We're getting no where fast. Most everyone wants to see some changes to PvP, however, naturally everyone wants changes that favor them. Not that I don't do it myself.

I'm sure we can agree on one thing...

If FC changes something, odds are..
    1)It will be bugged and not work(ala roots and debuffs, It only gimped rage).
    2)It won't be a real change, just a cuddly little leet doll that gives a bonus to Body Dev or Swiming.
    3)It WILL work, but it's so overpowering, they nerf it in a quickie patch. (ie stuns)
    4)It becomes game play, we don't like it, it doesn't change. We adapt to win under the new rules, and find new ways that are overpowering to kill folks.
    5)Just like the above, but something else breaks that doesn't get fixed until two or three months later.

Every time I see a new patch in the works, I wonder what will be bugged and take guesses. However, the bugs get so nuts, who could even predict them. Tons and tons of Newland and Mort maps... Blessed with Thunder no longer spawning in shops... there also seems to be bugs with TMS and damage reporting, as well as life bars in PvP.
    Last edited by Obergeist; Mar 27th, 2002 at 22:14:44.
    Perfection breeds weakness.

Obergeist-Burning bright, Above the head ghost

Mdgprogram-Fearful symmetry <---beat the every lovin' crap out of a level 60 soldier at 49

Stronger, better, faster, push it

The Troll Corps want you!tm
    General in the Troll Corps tm

Re: hehe

Originally posted by fopus
    this is about traders having better roots than agents/fixer, better heals than healing classes, better attackrating than soldiers, better everything
    If you say about how a trader own everything, why arent all the traders neophytes or higher titles ?

Jannerik is one of the best trader pvpers, if traders are that godly, he wouldnt have died so many times, lost and regained his title for 5 (or 6?) times. Im sure there are traders out there who can share their experience of losing in pvp.

Nerf the stupid traders. I hate them!
    Euphorie 200 Trader RK1
    DrAlban 130+ Doctor RK1

Re: Re: hehe

Originally posted by Wenzell

If you say about how a trader own everything, why arent all the traders neophytes or higher titles ?

Jannerik is one of the best trader pvpers, if traders are that godly, he wouldnt have died so many times, lost and regained his title for 5 (or 6?) times. Im sure there are traders out there who can share their experience of losing in pvp.
    Jannerik loses his title so much, because he WILL NOT run no matter what. I have seen him take on 3 higher levels, killing 2 and nearly killing the last before dying. He has never ran from any fight, no matter what the odds. He isn't a title hugger.

soooo true Obergeist
    Ouzzelle: It's an O damnit! not a Q!... and it's pronounced Weasel to you omnis.....

Clanners call me Ozzy

Duffer1: SOYLENT GREEN IS PEOPLE!!
    Riddance Jr.: Is it dead?

Originally posted by Wenzell
    I met mrink (lvl 140+ trader) twice yesterday.

First time, I had a crit buff running, I caught him fast, bam bam bam, fight was no more than 5 seconds...... -> Remains of Mrink <-

Second time, I didnt have any outside buff, he had several other omnis with him, and I think there were 2 other random clanners with me. The fight lasted longer, I shot shot shot, he healed and shot back. But I was surprised how I could get him with his so called godly healing as someone has mentioned and me using a shotgun w/o a critical buff still could drop him. The situation was a bit messy, took a while, but still ...... -> Remains of Mrink <-

Maybe I was really lucky, or maybe he was selfbuffed, or maybe because he lagged. But theres a possibility u could beat a trader even when you are selfbuffed.
    I really wish people would quit using examples of how they owned Mrink. The fact is, his tactics suck and he obviously has major lag problems. I don't know how many times I have run up to him and punched him to death without him even fighting back.

Re: Re: Re: hehe

Originally posted by Drkrawn

Jannerik loses his title so much, because he WILL NOT run no matter what. I have seen him take on 3 higher levels, killing 2 and nearly killing the last before dying. He has never ran from any fight, no matter what the odds. He isn't a title hugger.
    That must have been 3 gimped "high"levels.
    I would like to see a trader fighting 3, titled PVPers at once.
    Under normal cirumstances a trader with 3 ppl hitting him would drop in about 1-2 seconds without even time for heals. Those 4k-5k HPs doesnt really cut it when you have ppl hitting you for 1k-2k. Buff your hp to ~6k and they just hit you harder:b Still take 1-2seconds to die.
    Euphorie 200 Trader RK1
    DrAlban 130+ Doctor RK1

Re: Re: Re: Re: hehe

Originally posted by euphorie

That must have been 3 gimped "high"levels.
    I would like to see a trader fighting 3, titled PVPers at once.
    Under normal cirumstances a trader with 3 ppl hitting him would drop in about 1-2 seconds without even time for heals. Those 4k-5k HPs doesnt really cut it when you have ppl hitting you for 1k-2k. Buff your hp to ~6k and they just hit you harder:b Still take 1-2seconds to die.
    This was back in the day, only days after 12.8 (what ever patch it was that made damage 50%). Jann still used a vektor. One was a novice soldier (the one who survived), the other 2 were gimpy agent and MA i think. The soldier got there right after the first one died. It happened, i have no reason to lie.

Page 7 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567891011 LastLast