Page 5 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567891011 LastLast

Thread: traders.....

Meeeeeeeeeeoooooooooooooooooooowww
    Hehehe, mmm traders are pretty meow in PVP, im not for nerfs myself, so I would say give more strength to the other proffesions instead of nerfing traders....and...Traders should be traders not fighters.....so please give us some real good tradeskill damnit

heh thanks for the support Jettie and thanks for the bump Silk ;P

Anyways.. Infamousduck
    - i don't want a shop keeper healing me in missions.. that's the doc's job. why are there even doctors when traders can heal you better/faster/and more times than any doc can?
    -i don't want a shop keeper mezzing the adds in missions, that's the crat/NTs job
    -i don't want a shopkeeper buffin my nano skills to get a good pet
    that's the MPs job

*sigh.. this thread and all your feedback guys has brought up a lot of issues with pretty much al classes..

heres a start FC
    *FIX NANO RESIST!!
    *Make crit buffs self only or team only, and ONLY when teamed

sound about right guys?
    Ouzzelle: It's an O damnit! not a Q!... and it's pronounced Weasel to you omnis.....

Clanners call me Ozzy

Duffer1: SOYLENT GREEN IS PEOPLE!!
    Riddance Jr.: Is it dead?

Why do we need classes that can things other classes can aswell. Because it is impossible to play highlevel game if you rely on finding a doc for your group e.g.
    ~Lone

You don't always need a doc, but with a healer, your chance of living through the battle goes up. However, if you have a core team of damage dealers, and a support non-healer ie a fixer, you can do very naughty things. And if you're in danger, grid. Not perfect, but another way to get around healing.

Of course with that tactic, a person can still die rapidly, however, even in teams with a doc, it's still rather easy to die.

People don't like dying.

Therefore, you look at other classes in PvP, and who you die to the most.

Currently, it's the trader. I never duel Traders, the game favors them far too much.

To Arinia, I hate to get off topic, but without TMS, how the hell am I supposed to EVEN survive a fight? As a ranged class, I have no method of keeping other classes away for me. Not even looking at PvP, a medium level to high level soldier needs TMS to even survive a mission. A soldiers job is to kill things, quickly and overpoweringly. That's why soldiers use Flashpoints/Westinghouses. Apart from TMS and specials, we don't have anything else combat wise besides crits, which every class has. Sad thing is, soldiers suck until they're high enough to weapon switch in PvP. Most soldiers at low level are pretty easy to beat. Do something to the existing rules, and you'll really screw an entire profession up. Thank you.
    Last edited by Obergeist; Mar 24th, 2002 at 18:31:28.
    Perfection breeds weakness.

Obergeist-Burning bright, Above the head ghost

Mdgprogram-Fearful symmetry <---beat the every lovin' crap out of a level 60 soldier at 49

Stronger, better, faster, push it

The Troll Corps want you!tm
    General in the Troll Corps tm

Smile

OK, I have changed my tune. I know the NR skill is utterly useless, thats some of hte reason I get so damn frustrated when a lvl 75 trader lands a debuff with 190% chance of resist on me. Specially becuase I got NR maxed, its a green skill and I got ql 200 bright and faded implants and maxed psy ability.

I shall stop the nerf debuffs whines (yes I know, it went faaar to long).... the problem is that cosmic stated NR worked as intended and that the Psy skill didnt add to NR just was a visual bug, it really did add, just not visually.

And before someone such as Lucid come here and talks BS. I want to add that my deepest fear if the NR is boosted is that ppl will start chain resist my nukes.

So, I want a skill that is actually effective, without getting my nukes chainresisted (selfish anyone?)

I want a good chance to resist them, without buffs NT nanomages got the biggest chance of resist, due to green Psy and NR skill, but still I resist 1/1000. I cant believe its intended to be like that.
    NT phone HOME!!

If NR reduced nuke damage, I'd be happy with that too. If you have a high enough NR, you should be able to shrug off debuffs MUCH quicker if you don't resist them on the first landing.

Um.. yeah. How about FC? Why not make some of the skills we have worthwhile?
    Perfection breeds weakness.

Obergeist-Burning bright, Above the head ghost

Mdgprogram-Fearful symmetry <---beat the every lovin' crap out of a level 60 soldier at 49

Stronger, better, faster, push it

The Troll Corps want you!tm
    General in the Troll Corps tm

IMO, it should be a lot harder to resist a nuke (almost impossible) than a debuff/root/slow.

heh agreed Maghika, nukes (depending on ql) should have a 20-40% chance of resist, while debuffs stay at or increase to 195% chance of resist......

of course this don't matter right now anyways, because NR is USELESS
    Ouzzelle: It's an O damnit! not a Q!... and it's pronounced Weasel to you omnis.....

Clanners call me Ozzy

NOOOO!!

Do NOT nerf crit buffs. It's basically all we MAs are good for. Maybe make LMA and UVC self/team only, which would make us valuable in teams once again. Don't nerf the crit buffs themselves though..

I also think the trader debuffs shouldn't stack in PVP. In PVM, i think they should stack though, because they don't change the mobs damage anyway, just add to your skill. From my observations at least. ;P

heh dude, we're not asking for a complete nerf on crit buffs.. we're askin that they be self only, or team only and ONLY when teamed...

and yes MAs are a very good addition to any team, specially after that last patch, and with 14.0 your fists will do chem/fire/radiation damage

Clanners call me Ozzy

Lightbulb

Here's an idea.

*bing* Lightbulb goes on.

• Critbuffs are now team only. It's an AURA or something equivalent, so the buff dies when the person leaves the team.
    • PvP titles now are possible when in teams (whether each member gets credit proportionally or only the one who does the most damage, whatever).
    • TEAM PvP starts to happen, MAGICALLY!

All of this requires no coding except for the title bit. The aura thing is a simple database change, I'm assuming. This would appease everyone, not only people who want titles, but also people who want more team PvP....

It doesn't punish hunting/missioning/PvM, except now you'd need that MA actually in your team (not a bad thing...)
    Katelin Arinia Rhees
    Level 220 Enforcer
    Former Enforcer Professional
    Former President of the late Midnight Reveries
    Account Created: 2001-10-08; Account Expired: 2005-02-19

Try looking at this from a little different angle...

My trader who overequips herself into a ql150 shotgun will never be able to outdamage my engineer friend who overequips himself into a ql140 bot. Furthermore, my trader will never be able to out-tank the bot. NERF THE ENGINEERS!!!! How am I supposed to get noticed in a team when all these pet classes can use their uber pets to do all the damage and the tanking? It's UNFAIR! NERF ENGINEER BOTS!!! THEY'RE WAY TOO OVERPOWERED!!!!*whine*whine*whine*whine*

..huh? You say you need the bots to survive and lvl up? Pfffft. Yeah right, then again it's not like I've ever played an engineer, but I'm sure that you don't need them.

^
    ^
    that's sarcasm. I'm really not so unreasonable as to cry nerf when some professions do better than my chosen one in a certain area.

Bottom line:

Different professions excel in different areas (and some in very useless areas... I haven't forgotten you fixers! *hugs* ). Traders are good at PvM, but nowhere near as "uber" (to use the word used to describe traders in PvP in this thread) as Engi bots when it comes to taking a beating and dishing out damage PvM style. On the other hand, Engis have it pretty tough at PvP while Traders (as well as a few other professions... Traders aren't the only ones ripping apart the PvP fields) will have it easier at PvP.
    I do think that after 14.2, trader debuffs will have to debuff less than they currently do for PvP purposes exclusively. Furthermore, I think that traders are -balanced-, not uber. Almost every other profession just needs some real luvin.

Pauly if traders already balanced why is FC makking them BETTER with 14.2?,

i agree with you that engys are GREAT at PvM, at lvll 152 i can solo missions ql 195ish with a self made bot, (takes a VERY LONG time to do...), you traders aren't bad at it either though, charm mob/attak/heal/debuffmob/heal/etc... i know your debuffs bounce alot on higher lvl mobs though....

BUT, after 14.2 the rulers of PvP will be Traders.. still.... and weapon switchin soldiers

Clanners call me Ozzy

Hmm Crit buffs....
    of the suggestions I have seen the aura type soloution seemed best but isn't that just a bit like the crat one??

As for reducing the duration of crit buffs no way unless the nano cost is massively reduced as well. As it is now I can self cast lma and it costs me about 1100 nano points.
    now I really don't want to have to buff a team of 6 with lma every 10 min say or even 3 min *shudder*

And FIX nano resist dagnabit.
    Either that or give ma's some way of breaking roots etc.
    Oh while your at it Funcom take our green sharp objects skill and swap it with our blue nano resist skill. Scourge of the nano casters my arse.

I am not saying MA's should resist everything but having a fair chance to in pvp would be nice so for once we could get to punch a trader/agent/nt who is rooting us

Sunraven
    MA

Unfortunately many players rolled traders strictly for pvp play. I have been a trader before they were 'cool' and am generally upset about this poster.

Ever wonder why you do not see many high lv traders... The high lv game is borked for traders in pve. I was told by 2 gm's the only way I could play my lv 104 trader was to team , that traders were meant as a support class. Well if I cant find a team I cant play - why every class needs to be able to solo.

next up, I agree with ma crit buffs becoming self only! Do not suggest balancing a class because of pvp, I have a hard enough time in pve.

and for the original poster - you do not know what you are talking about. I do not understand this quote -

"- i don't want a shop keeper healing me in missions.. that's the doc's job. why are there even doctors when traders can heal you better/faster/and more times than any doc can?
    -i don't want a shop keeper mezzing the adds in missions, that's the crat/NTs job
    that's the MPs job"

I tried trade skills and guess what, they are broke and the ones that do work are pointless. I believe engies have a better handle on trade skills as it shoud be. Do not take the title Trader to mean everything trade related via trade skills.

Maybe Ao should take out pvp altogether - would solve so many nerf problems. Half of the nerfs that have hit classes have been because of pvp, and its the lil punks that gank then whine when they die that ruin it for the rest of us.

MIsstell....k.... i don't know what i'm talkin about,........ but your the one that doesn't understand my post?.... yeah...

i feel i've made my position VERY clear on this issue... traders are shopkeepers, hence my post:

"- i don't want a shop keeper healing me in missions.. that's the doc's job. why are there even doctors when traders can heal you better/faster/and more times than any doc can?

that's the MPs job"

and yes, tradeskills are worthless, but engys will never be anywhere near as good as a trader at them. (what's this got to do with PvP?)

Clanners call me Ozzy

Uhm... I am not a shopkeeper.

Then a doctor is at a hospital, a NT is at a university and a MP in the chuch praying?

Don't bring silly arguments like that into the discussions.
    ~Lone

" So, how about it then? Become a Trader and be your own one-person shopping complex. Become one in 5 minutes and I'll even include this set of nano-sharpened Bronto Burger knives!"

quote found at: http://www.anarchy-online.com/conten...06/trader.html

shopkeeper

Clanners call me Ozzy

Originally posted by Ouzzelle

that's the MPs job"

Last time I checked, the Miir guy was still holding a gun

Oh, and if you don't want traders doing all that stuff for you then just tell them. We'll be more than glad to NOT heal, buff, or mez your adds.

And engineers shouldn't be on combat fields. They should really be hanging out in the ultra-boring lab building stuff all the while making a wonderful salary.

And traders aren't the richest profession (in reply to some earlier post); I don't think there is a richest profession anyway. Just assuming that traders are rich because we're "shopkeepers" (on that note, where the hell is my shop???) is just as ridiculous as assuming that engineers or doctors are rich because it's a high-paying job irl.

Btw, if you take a look at the Battle Royale winners, you might be surprised to find that a trader has not won yet, which means *gasp!* they're beatable in PvP. Maybe not by a PvP gimped class like engis or crats, but by the other viable PvP professions. Maybe you should be asking for a fix for PvP gimped classes instead of aiming at a nerf against one of the big four PvP classes?

And while I can't speak for other traders, I don't look forward to 14.2 for the reason that we're a balanced class now and (while our PvM performance probably won't improve much) our PvP performance will probably raise noticabley, leading to ppl *****ing, whining, and moaning for a trader nerf (*cough* which is already happening*cough*and I doubt that 14.2 will do anything but increase the whining *cough*).

Originally posted by Ouzzelle
    " So, how about it then? Become a Trader and be your own one-person shopping complex. Become one in 5 minutes and I'll even include this set of nano-sharpened Bronto Burger knives!"

quote found at: http://www.anarchy-online.com/conten...06/trader.html

shopkeeper
    If you want to break out the manual, then how about this:

Engineers:

Let me tell you, be an Engineer and you'll be the happiest grease monkey there ever was. Say, does that armour need fixing?"

note: wtf would I want a mechanic standing next to me in a firefight....go back to the motor pool and build your toys.

Overview
    The Engineer is the master of construction, both by conventional means and through the use of nano programs. His robot is his weapon and protection, and an Engineer is easily recognisable by his ever-present automated friend. The Engineer prefers to dabble in man-made items, rather than focus on other skills such as combat. That does not mean, however, that an Engineer can't defend himself. Corner an Engineer and you will have quite a fight on your hands.

I see nothing in that that suggests an Engi should "r0xx0r mi" as you seem to want it. Engi are supposedly defensive in nature and like to have their bot do the work for them. W/o the bot they are way over matched by other proff's.

Now for the Trader (or shopkeep as you like to call us)

"Roll up, roll up! You won't find a better profession than the Trader! Discounts, wares and credits galore. I tell no lie! I will even give you my no questions asked, 100 percent, money-back guarantee, and you can't beat that. Are you considering joining the trading business? Great choice. As a Trader you'll have access to materials and wares all across Rubi-Ka at the very best prices. That Soldier needs an implant created? Buy cheap, sell high. That Fixer needs a gun made? Buy cheap, sell high. That Nano Technician needs a nano crystal? Hehe, you've got it; buy cheap, sell high. The market is your oyster. But say, you look like you have an itchy trigger finger. No problem. Give us a gun and we'll use it alright, but let us use our nano programs and I'll take some of an enemy's skills and give them back to me. And I won't even charge them for it! He-he. Hey, I'll even swap minds with an enemy and control them that way. For no added cost, I'll increase the armor and skills of a friend through the sacrifice of my own skills. Hey, that's what we do; make transactions. So, how about it then? Become a Trader and be your own one-person shopping complex. Become one in 5 minutes and I'll even include this set of nano-sharpened Bronto Burger knives!"

if you notice above, several of the things were wrong about traders. We had our discount at shops for having a high comp lit taken away in the first few weeks of the game. Our charms are still broken to this day. So basically we are left being a buffer/debuffer.....those are the only things we have that are really working (and healing I know... )

want more? Here ya go:

Overview
    The Trader is an unorthodox profession, the name coming from both the affinity for trade skills and the more symbolic trading or swapping of skills, health and more. He is at home in a team, as his sacrifices through nano programs are very valuable to his companions. The Trader is a very complex profession, and a very social one.

That about sums it up....we were meant from day one to have these abilities.

Im not sure what else I can say except that there will never be a balance between all classes in this game...its just not realistic. All classes will have their enemies and prey. Some classes will be better at PvM, and some will be better at PvP. You make a choice at char creation, I chose Trader. I also know that Engineer's, MP's, Crats (well those that were buit rt), own traders and all other classes in PvM for 150 lvls. It used to be that if you were not a doc/soldier/Enforcer you couldnt find a group....now if you are not a pet class in the early lvls you cant find a group.

I really think you shouldnt fault all of us that had to beg engi's for groups for 100+ lvls before we could finally begin to come into our own power. Honestly, traders are not that outstanding at PvM for lvls 1-120ish. We are very similar to soldiers in this respect only they are better at pure combat than we are....only after this time do we really start to help group when our MA friends begin casting UVC with our help.

Traders in PvP are fairly dominating throughout the game. From 1-75 they are most like agents just because they can win the OEing game, but these lvls are dominated by Atrox MPs, Agent, Traders, enforcers, and a few others. 75-145 is a no mans land. 146-200 is mostly dominated by docs, traders, soldiers, enforcers, and a few others that are well built. Notice that engi's are not in any of the above list....this is because you cant heal , and if your pet is rooted you are hosed. Even a non rooting profession will beat you just by outrunning your bot or zoning so that the bot loses aggro.

bahh....Ive ranted for far too long
    ~Manchilde

Page 5 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567891011 LastLast