Page 4 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567891011 LastLast

Thread: traders.....

HELLO!?!?

Look. Pvp wont be balanced until FC start reducing Unbalacing 3rd party elements.

1) OE'ing <-- Which is having a look at
    2) CRIT BUFFS <---- Major issue
    3) Nano resist and its effectiveness.

Now, if we had 2 players the same level, no crit buffs on either, and resistable debuffs and roots, it'd go a long way in seeing just who is uber and who isn't.

I'd suggest that in essence there really isnt that much in it - And it's these 3 main things which benefit certain classes over others which create this obvious imbalance.
    Don't be lonely anymore.

Look at your post, now back at mine. Now back to your post, now back at mine. Sadly, yours isn't mine, but if you stopped trolling and started posting legitimate comments it could look like mine. Look down, back up, where are you? You're scrolling through posts, reading the posts your posts could look like. Back at mine, it's a reply saying something you want to hear. Look again, my reply is now diamonds. Anything is possible when you think before you post.

uuuuhhhh...... bump? heheh
    Ouzzelle: It's an O damnit! not a Q!... and it's pronounced Weasel to you omnis.....

Clanners call me Ozzy

Duffer1: SOYLENT GREEN IS PEOPLE!!
    Riddance Jr.: Is it dead?

Arrow

Right on Ozzy.

Traders are very hard to beat. of course- any prof with roots, buffs and heals will be.

Its rediculous.

At any rate they can be beat. you just have to catch them unaware (as you've all seen me do many times

Traders SUCK if you make them panic and forget what to do.

/me gets another UVC and waits for some more meat fo the grinder.

- Cockyness leads to mistakes people.

That other Infamous Engi-

Jettie

Originally posted by Jetster

Traders SUCK if you make them panic and forget what to do.

Everybody sucks if you get them to panic... put a paniced trader and a paniced <insert profession here> up against each other, and the trader will win.

And good well done experienced PvP traders running around in a PvP zone isnt easy to scare and make them panic... When the trader has paniced many enough times, and eventually stops panicing (which they at some point will stop to do), they are extremely tough opponents with no natural enemies.
    NT phone HOME!!

Originally posted by Garzu
    I think Trader buffs AND debuffs should NOT work against nano skills. MPs got nano debuffs like Dominate MC, it works against ONE skill, but traders work againt ALL nano skills + ALL weapon skills.... and it last for just as long time. Not only that, I was just talking about 1 trader debuff now, but they can stack... oh yeah, they can stack you back to the stoneage. Debuffin you with 415 points in ALL nano skills and ALL weapon skills... thats 3 times more than an MP can do against ONE skill....

But traders debuffs isnt uber, oh no, thats only fair.

Traders only got ALL the most and best stuff in pvp:

1. Traders have the best damage weapons in the game, shotguns, with their draining of your skills their AMS increases vs your DMS, and your AMS decreases vs their DMS, making it more likely htey will crit against you, and more likely you will miss.

2. Traders got the BEST debuffs in the game.

3. Traders got AE roots, which is damn nice in pvp.

4. Traders got the 2nd best healing in the game, only beaten by docs. With 50% dmg vs 100% heals....

Personally I htink those 4 is the most important and best stuff any profession can have in pvp, and trader got it ALL.

Traders are in for a HUGE nerf, I would start coming up with some suggestions on how to nerf traders if I were a trader myself.
    Sigh. You're all on crack.

You can take EVERY profession and line up 4 things that make them uber (cept maybe adventurers :-P).
    You're also overlooking that traders have ZERO pre combat buffs.
    Our divest is is our only defensive/combat buff worth a damn and you want it nerfed?
    As far as best dmg weapons in the game... listen to this closely.. now.. very quiet everyone...

**** Traders can't get their shotgun ability higher than anyone else **** It raises a max of 4 pts a lvl. Last time I checked.. EVERY profession could raise a weapon skill 4 pts a lvl.

NERF NULLITY, NERF TMS, NERF HEALS, NERF INIT DEBUFF, NERF CRIT BUFFS, NERF ROOTS, BLAH, BLAH, BLAH

We can all run around with leet dools and suck our thumbs.

It would be SOOO much better for this game if we could all think of ways to add better abilities to the gimped professions and not take away from the enjoyable ones.

sigh.. i have so much things to say.. but nothing will stop the whining. its not that traders are overpowered.. its just that traders ARENT BROKEN! now leave us alone! fix nano resist.. and u have plunder gone and etc... nerf crit buffs.. and u'll have those major crit 4x in a row gone... nothing is wrong with traders.. stuff around the traders are whats wrong.. now stop whining!

Originally posted by Tybe

You can take EVERY profession and line up 4 things that make them uber (cept maybe adventurers :-P).
    Our divest is is our only defensive/combat buff worth a damn and you want it nerfed?
    As far as best dmg weapons in the game... listen to this closely.. now.. very quiet everyone...

**** Traders can't get their shotgun ability higher than anyone else **** It raises a max of 4 pts a lvl. Last time I checked.. EVERY profession could raise a weapon skill 4 pts a lvl.

NERF NULLITY, NERF TMS, NERF HEALS, NERF INIT DEBUFF, NERF CRIT BUFFS, NERF ROOTS, BLAH, BLAH, BLAH

It would be SOOO much better for this game if we could all think of ways to add better abilities to the gimped professions and not take away from the enjoyable ones.

Fix Nano Resist then. I have NEVER EVER resisted a traders debuff, not even from a lvl 75. I got it maxed, its a green skill for NTs, and I have QL 200 bright and faded implanted it. But still FC claims NR works as intetended. They claim its nothing wrong with their code.

Im tired of getting totally disabled by traders below lvl 100, when I am 2x their lvl, it should be NO way their debuffs should stick.

And when FC claims NR works just as it should, I cant help but ask for other adjustments.
    NT phone HOME!!

Originally posted by Tybe

Traders i believe have a 115ish evade buff, thats now a pre-combat buff ? (kinda curious what does classify as a combat buff)

They can raise 4 pnts a lvl in shotgun yes agreed. I believe what the man was talking about was that u can drain and add 300+ pnts to your skills, how many time have i seen traders drain guards in mmd before they attack(very cheap imho).

Your heals are superior to mine(i am a doc), u can cast team heals which are far and away superior to mine. They are even superior to my inidividual heals! You cast roughlyl 1.1k heals with a consistency that is far superior, i forget the exact numbers i believe it's 1k-1.1k ish, while my heal is 650-1250ish i know which i would want.

Look i am not seaking a nerf but i cannot see how you can deny that your proff is massivley belessed. You are capapble of doing everything more or less. You are only missing are speed buffs and hp buffs. But roots, AoE roots, Skill drains, AC Drains, awesome heal, awesome evade buff, Mezz(i know not pvp but still a litenay of ur blessing), best comat skill (shotgun) is green to you. Hell u can even mind control (i know u can;t move) but u seem capoable of literaly everything.

Two things traders lack:

1)Crit buff(can be swaped out for a (E)LLTS)
    2)Hp buff.

But who needs hp when it just means you can rip more out of them?

Q, amen.
    Perfection breeds weakness.

Obergeist-Burning bright, Above the head ghost

Mdgprogram-Fearful symmetry <---beat the every lovin' crap out of a level 60 soldier at 49

Stronger, better, faster, push it

The Troll Corps want you!tm
    General in the Troll Corps tm

Originally posted by Qwerty

Traders i believe have a 115ish evade buff, thats now a pre-combat buff ? (kinda curious what does classify as a combat buff)

They can raise 4 pnts a lvl in shotgun yes agreed. I believe what the man was talking about was that u can drain and add 300+ pnts to your skills, how many time have i seen traders drain guards in mmd before they attack(very cheap imho).

Your heals are superior to mine(i am a doc), u can cast team heals which are far and away superior to mine. They are even superior to my inidividual heals! You cast roughlyl 1.1k heals with a consistency that is far superior, i forget the exact numbers i believe it's 1k-1.1k ish, while my heal is 650-1250ish i know which i would want.

Look i am not seaking a nerf but i cannot see how you can deny that your proff is massivley belessed. You are capapble of doing everything more or less. You are only missing are speed buffs and hp buffs. But roots, AoE roots, Skill drains, AC Drains, awesome heal, awesome evade buff, Mezz(i know not pvp but still a litenay of ur blessing), best comat skill (shotgun) is green to you. Hell u can even mind control (i know u can;t move) but u seem capoable of literaly everything.
    Don't forget one of their 2 heal lines is a DD nuke too.

I really think MA crit buffs should be self and melee only. The ql200 LLTS is +15 crit by itself add another 24 to that for UVC and the fact that a 135+ trader after running 2 debuffs is far above his reqs for his gun and gets an even better crit bonus, it's crazy.

On top of nurfing MA crits to ma/melee only crits in general need to be reduced to about half their current frequency.

Also, I'm beginning to see the merrit of garzu's suggestion that trader de-buffs effect weapon skills only, not nano skills, as that is the domain of the Metas, the true masters of all things nano.

Originally posted by Qwerty

In order to use our best heals, we have to deprive. So it takes us at least 2 casts to use our best heals. Thats 8 secs at least if we have high nano-init and can instacast. Plus our heals dot us (the dot does seam to be broken atm.. only dots for half of what it should since the PvP dmg cap).

I dont disagree that the trader is in the top 3 in PvP. My main argument is that it makes much more sense to bolster the weaker classes then it does to nerf the ones that are actually working well.

Seems that the effort of certain posters would be better spent asking for REASONABLE upgrades to their class and making valid arguments for these changes.

80% of the people who play this game have been hit hard with the nerf stick (agents, soldiers, NT, advs). At some stages, yes, some may have needed it.. but i think we all learned that FC took most of the nerfs WAY too far. The game is still unbalanced for a few classes. But it is MUCH better and has been getting better as FC improves each class individually. Let them continue on this track and I think it will improve for all in time.

Originally posted by etin
    sigh.. i have so much things to say.. but nothing will stop the whining. its not that traders are overpowered.. its just that traders ARENT BROKEN! now leave us alone! fix nano resist.. and u have plunder gone and etc... nerf crit buffs.. and u'll have those major crit 4x in a row gone... nothing is wrong with traders.. stuff around the traders are whats wrong.. now stop whining!

Agreed.

yep I agree with that point too, a class doesn't need to be nurfed, but the others need to be brought up and some fixes about nano resist and crits need to be made.

Sadly though, Funcom seems to work at a glacial pace, and most of the stuff they think the fix they don't.

Originally posted by etin

I see only one problem... FC has stated NR works as intended....
    NT phone HOME!!

Since when are we accepting that as to be right then? It clearly isn't working.
    ~Lone

Glad to help turn this post around..

There ya go funcom. Something we can all agree on.

FIX NANO RESIST!!!

Angry 1 word...Playa Haters.

I cant believe some of the retarded crap I am hearing from you guys..I think everyone had a choice at the start of this game to make the profession that they wanted, and they did. So instead of making their characters the best thing that walked they got lazy and starting bi*ching about every thing that they dont have. Well I want to clear a few things up. Traders arent just pvp. Their heals save your asses when your getting spanked in missions. Their debuffs let us cast wrangles so you can equip the pets you value so much. Our calms also save the teams ass when you get 15 adds in a mission. You guys are obviously oblivious to the fact that pvp will never be fair. And if you guys think back to the past and how much ****tier and even more unfair pvp has got, you will realize it isnt getting any better. Previous 12.5 ( or something around that) This post would have been about agents. "Waaah an agent aimedshoted me for 8k damage...let me remember who always did that to me "Federot"...he wasnt *****ing then. Then they nerfed aimedshot which made agents such as Federot only hit for 6k an aimedshot....wow like that matters when you have 3k hp. Then after more bi*ching everyone gets their wish of 40% damage cap. Geez what does this do? It gives the power to the person who can shoot the fastest. What I am really asking is what about a trader would you forfeit (Team wise) JUST because it gives the trader an advantage in pvp. What do you plan to accomplish by nerfing the trader? So maybe you get better I am guessing.....Then after traders do get nerfed (which we will thanx to you guys), then which profession will this post be about? Please respond to this...it bothers me.

Whats my name? Fuc|< You thats my name!

Talking Remorse

Dont get mad at me for what I just posted but try to realize it gets frustrating when everyone wants to nerf a character you have put so much time into....

Yup, I enjoy the trader profession and all the potential PvP intricacies they have - refreshing after playing an Engineer for a long, long time. I play a lvl 33 trader using a True Katana (very, very well overequipped; might as well do it while I still can) and I PvP self-buffed. I've won a few fights and lost a few. I started into the arena under the impression that, because I was a melee class, (and a mysterious one at that o.o) more classes might be apt to actually fight me. However, they see the profession title and I get refusal after refusal. The only class that seems to want to fight me are other traders...and the occasional doctor. The amount of traders with LMA/UVC running while they PvP is apalling. Now I know I don't have any Duck-Exp - can't afford it at my level - but running around critting everyone (even those with good Duck)with LMA/UVC is barely what I'd call honorable or fair play. It disgusts me and I'm really for MA's getting their crit buffs either self-only or short-duration, team-only.

Anywho, Funcom, FIX GODDAMNED NANO RESIST

Well, I have to chime in again. I've reconsidered a bit...

I think there are definitely a number of things still overpowered with traders, but I now agree that it is due largely to the fact that they currently are the best for game mechanics.

Pre-PvP rules changes (40%), Agents were king. One-shot kills were the rave, and Aimed Shot filled that bill perfectly.

Now, we've moved on to 3 shot kills. Who is the best at critting 3x in a row?

Traders. They hold the weapon that has the best chance of doing so, and shotguns have gotten so far out of control that I know a fixer of fairly high level who considered going with an Ithaca briefly!

Crit buffs are overpowered, that's besides the point, but even excepting that, critical hits are rediculously imbalancing.

100% damage is not the answer, we'd be right back to Aimed Shot.

Something else needs to be done. 90%+ of the players in PvP zones are Traders, Doctors, NTs and soldiers (at high levels). Most Traders, Docs and NTs have shotguns. Soldiers have flashpoints and TMS, and that's the topic for another thread.

It's the shotgun that is causing this phenomonon. And then only because it is the single most viable weapon with a decent crit. Hell, If I picked up a 180 Vektor dragon with my enforcer, I'd be more effective than with my melee weapons, even WITH the lower attack and lack of buffs. That's just sad.

As of right now, even WITH UVC, I have no hope of taking out a shotgun carrying class, Trader or otherwise (traders are just that much harder). I run like hell, because I need 5 or 6 hits to kill someone minimum, and they will have killed me twice over by then.

Crit buffs need to be team only, and only effective while in the team. That's a start at least.
    Last edited by Arinia; Mar 24th, 2002 at 09:55:15.
    Katelin Arinia Rhees
    Level 220 Enforcer
    Former Enforcer Professional
    Former President of the late Midnight Reveries
    Account Created: 2001-10-08; Account Expired: 2005-02-19

Page 4 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567891011 LastLast