Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567891011 LastLast

Thread: traders.....

yo and ouzelle exploit low lvl killing ...but its not a exploit is just future from FUncom

xploit low lvl killing? wtf are you talkin about?, wtf do's that have to do with my post? pretty vague reply Loca, please expand
    Ouzzelle: It's an O damnit! not a Q!... and it's pronounced Weasel to you omnis.....

Clanners call me Ozzy

Duffer1: SOYLENT GREEN IS PEOPLE!!
    Riddance Jr.: Is it dead?

i see u killing un enforcer 3 vs1 and one omni trader the same in tir arena

i still don't get what your tryin to say.... 3vs1 ? heheh only if he's omni ..
    Ouzzelle: It's an O damnit! not a Q!... and it's pronounced Weasel to you omnis.....

Clanners call me Ozzy

Piikey is actually lvl 175.

And the tactics you wrote against work in theory. 3 out of 5 times they simply doesn't work when playing.

-crats/engy's/mp's- root pet, 3 hit kill the owner (this will be much easier for traders to acomplish after 14.2 btw)
    Sounds like the tactics every root-profession would use against a pet-user. MPs got debuffs, crats got snares. And they all got alpha strikes if they are pvp'ing frequently. Can't really see why this is specificly related to traders.

-MA's- Root/debuff.... you know the rest
    MA do quite a big amount of damage close range. But you know what - its actually quite hard to keep a MA rooted while shooting and healing up the brawls and dimachs.

-Soldiers-Root, run.. wait for MK to go down... maybe debuff while they're MK'd.. refresh root...=dead soldier
    Ehrm... against a soldier with mkx its more like root, and then run to nearest zone. A trader most likely wont survive the alphastrike. And the soldiers don't move away from their zone to run to if/when their TMS runs out. So saying that traders own soldiers are a lie.

-Enf's- a lil bit tuffer to fight for a trader but not by much. root/debuff.. wait for mongo... dead Enf.
    Again, let the person get in close on you and you will see the brawls eat your hp. And root and shooting is not really effective (which it shouldn't be) 1 on 1.

-Advs-.... duh. see above
    Melee advs are not the best PvP'ers, but RE advs are doing quite good against traders and other classes.

-Docs- Debuff... see above
    Actually hard to debuff a doc when you face them 1on1. Their init debuff are instantcast, our debuffs aren't. And if we get one of those initdebuffs it is just as effective as a nano shutdown. So saying that traders own docs are a lie.

-Traders- Same lvl Traders WON'T fight eachother... reason why= THEY ARE AFRIAD oF EACHOTHER.. see above
    I find it hard to take this thread serious with bs comments like this. So you saw one trader who didn't want to attack another trader and judge upon that?
    ~Lone

haha

Fixers are so fubar we didnt even get mentioned in original post so sad. You should actually read this stuff funcom and feel my pain.

Hunter06
    "We run for Radaman we run from the store clerk with his bull@#$% gun, i feel like im on a fu****** trackteam." 2pac-Juice

wha? u and niina killed me twice with both of ur FA's always doing full dmg on me.. and i cant chase u guys either.. root/slow..

Fixers are pretty darn hard to kill 1on1.
    ~Lone

Originally posted by Noer
    Fixers are pretty darn hard to kill 1on1.
    Agree with that, Hunter06, we chased you around 2ho for quite awhile the other day before you were nano-shutdown or otherwise stopped from gridding out when in danger
    Katelin Arinia Rhees
    Level 220 Enforcer
    Former Enforcer Professional
    Former President of the late Midnight Reveries
    Account Created: 2001-10-08; Account Expired: 2005-02-19

Ahaha

Yea hard to kill but it goes both ways. I have to use evey trick i know to kill someone, dont forget i gotta reload after a full auto if 2 come i would never have a chance. Heh not mad but what is it like 1 novice, 1 apprentice, 1 rookie, and the rest are freshmen fixers. Look it up for me.

Hunter06

PS that was luck i didnt get nano shutdown i got that crappy interrupet nano thingy. Damn you low levels.
    "We run for Radaman we run from the store clerk with his bull@#$% gun, i feel like im on a fu****** trackteam." 2pac-Juice

awww

I honestly feel ma's pain too but you can heal, and it took 2 fixers with fullauto to do you in. Oh yea by the way that was for Reikosan.

Docs - I fear docs more than any other becuase of the init debuffs....if they land a high end init debuff on you, you might as well start running, because you will never be able to out dmg their heals after that.

- Posted by Piikey

Wow piikey now you know how the rest of the professions feel about fighting traders, and this is pre-14.2 :/ After 14.2 I imagine pvp will cease altogether from fear of the massive number of bandwagon traders around. I wont even step into the arena if a green trader is around because even if i go to the hassle of getting an infuse or mochams, they can still debuff me down far below my self-buff nukes, and frankly against a class who can 3 hit kill and heal i REALLY dont want to be relying on nanos that are 20 ql's below me. Especially since after the 50% dmg i can never even finish a kill with my nano pool, halved nano pool vs double heals and the most overpowered weapon in the game overequipped to the max? hahahaha maybe ill go run naked through the medusa camp, the end will be the same. Now dont even make me start talking about how nasty 14.2 will be.

I don't blame traders for being uber, I blame the ones who deny that they are. I know you didn't ask for 14.2 you knew something like this would end up in a nerf down the road, and its unfortunate it is gonna piss people off and eventually cause probs for traders, but for gods sake some of these traders saying they aren't uber drive me up the bloody wall.

Whaambulance i couldn't have said it better. THANK YOU. you put into words what i couldn't.

*Apology* to Noer. true my observations were a bit exagerated.. of course there will be a variance in everyfight, and, i have NEVER seen 2 traders duel.. they'll stand there.. 1/2/ or 3 of em in the arena... and not attack eachother.. i spend ALOT of time PvP'in and have NEVER once personly witnessed 2 traders dueling.... even in MMD= one trader in suppresion, the other standing in 25%... gridlocked..

*Noer would you fight a trader your lvl?

Clanners call me Ozzy

Of course I would, and have done at a few occasions. Just not many traders around that level.

What I wonder is why trader is the 2nd smallest profession if we are so uber that you seem to claim. Yes low uber-twinked traders are overpowered. But lets see how 14.2 fixes this and take the discussions then.

Whaambulance, ehrm... the "everyone fear traders" thing just got out of hand if you ask me. Traders do good yes, noone say they don't. Unkillable? No way. Unkillable 1on1 - no way? Everyone can kill people in 3 hits if they got UVC running and have a ql200 scope on. But blaming that traders are specific 3 hits-killers are just wrong.
    ~Lone

I've fought traders above my level too. Fact is there aren't very many out PvPing frequently at my level range. The ones that are are enough trouble as it is.

Here here, time for the argument I love:

Traders are too good at fighting! They should die instantly to every other class, because they're merchants!

Heh, so let's adopt this moronic statement:

Doctors are too good at fighting! They should die instantly to every other class, because they're healers! (hippocratic oath even!)

Engineers are too good at fighting! They should die instantly to every other class, because they're robot geeks!

Martial artists are too good at fighting! They should die instantly to every other class, because nobody should to as much damage with fists as you can do with a gun!

Soldiers are too good at fighting! Oh wait, what the **** am I talking about, this entire line of statements is retarded as ****!

Hey, if my trader can't fight, your doc can't either. Your religious man MP can't either. Your tech geek engineer can't either. Or maybe you haven't caught one basic rule of AO:

- Every class has killing capability.

Advents, Agents, Fixers, Engineers, MAs, Crats, NTs and similar suck at PvP because none were engineered properly by designers. They all have intended good feilds but they kind of forgot to check their PvP playout. There's odds you might be made more viable later (crats getting working mezzes, agents and MAs getting working conceal), or you might not. But until then, quit whining that OTHER professions are cooler or more fun than yours. PvP is just gimped, and you (Ouzzelle) are writing your statement from a PvP gimped profession's perspective. If traders are too uber, soldiers are too. If soldiers are too uber, then by damn are docs uber. If docs are too uber, then MPs are sure as hell uber too. All these classes have mean ace-in-the-hole uber things they can kick your ass to hell and back with, and I don't complain because I get my own different and unique tricks to lay down in PvP. None of which are 100% sure shots.

Advs, Agents, Fixers, Engys, MAs, Crats, and NTs. All have inherent lack of PvP trickery and diversity. Don't whine at anyone else for that. Soon as you're done with us, you'll just ***** about docs and their init debuffs, and how docs should be crappy fighters. Then you'll move on to MPs, then you'll try and somehow justify that soldiers shouldn't be good fighters either.

Yeah, whatever. We all kill in this game, get over it.

EDIT: Oh, and just make a trader and level up to 100 and try ace-ing PvP, killing everyone effortlessly. If I see you die once... you lie.
    Last edited by Lanasia; Mar 14th, 2002 at 17:04:50.

I noticed you mentioned that you will only go to level 74.... maybe that is because you know that at high levels a doc is better than a trader.

When a doc has complete heal he is unkillable if he knows what he is doing. You see, doc's dont use complete heal on themselves in pvp, so when a trader/meta debuffs him he just uses the same target heal that he normally would. "oh no, you took away the big heal I never use". On the other hand meta with nano shutdown can own a doc unless the doc gets the init debuff off first and a good hot.
    I am Dnastyone Official Broom pusher for The Professionals
    Painmage my newest funnest guy
    PHEAR ME RK1 Yazule IMMMM BACK

I would have to say that this is an typicall example of how an flame should not look like. You need to think things through and calm down before you try to write an flame... Im sorry but I would rate this flame with an 1. Aggression is to high, grammar and cursing isnt to well planned... Maybe he has an point somewhere in there but I dont even want to find it. - Centurion3

ROFLOL

Originally posted by Whaambulance
    Wow piikey now you know how the rest of the professions feel about fighting traders, and this is pre-14.2 :/ After 14.2 I imagine pvp will cease altogether from fear of the massive number of bandwagon traders around. I wont even step into the arena if a green trader is around because even if i go to the hassle of getting an infuse or mochams, they can still debuff me down far below my self-buff nukes, and frankly against a class who can 3 hit kill and heal i REALLY dont want to be relying on nanos that are 20 ql's below me. Especially since after the 50% dmg i can never even finish a kill with my nano pool, halved nano pool vs double heals and the most overpowered weapon in the game overequipped to the max? hahahaha maybe ill go run naked through the medusa camp, the end will be the same. Now dont even make me start talking about how nasty 14.2 will be.
    Fair enough Whaam, ty for the calm reply. Here something i would like you to think about. In most peoples opinion Traders are one of the best (in PvP) becuase of a few things that are strengths in PvP:

1) We carry one of the most powerful weapons in the game, shotguns

2) We can heal ourselves

3) We can debuff you

4) We can root and mezz (for your pets)

Basically looking at the above we can be a total package but for god's sake there are quite a few others that have almost as much but for some reason no one gripes about them.

For instance:

Adventurer - can raise shotgun just as much as a trader can (4 per lvl for the record)....in PvP most traders are only able to get off one divest, so the difference here is that the trader would fight with an extra 100-150 pts in my shotgun skill when compared to an equal lvl adven. Advens can also heal. It also sounds like in 14.4 that Advens may be getting either a root or a snare line of nano's. So basically they can do all we can except the debuff part (admittedly the debuff is great but not the end-all-be-all). Plus they should have more HP's (their body dev is slightly better than ours) and be able to run a bit faster...not a bad choice if you ask me. The problem is that there are few well built advens out there in the 150+ rng to test this with. Most advens at this lvl are melee or pistol users which is sad, but it illustrates my point

Doctor - can also raise shotgun just as much as a trader or adven. They can chain cast cheaper heals (obviously ). They also have the huge advantage of Init debuffs. I was testing these with a doc friend of mine and at one point she put this on me http://antiguardians.org/itemdb.php?...ano=1&id=99585 needless to say she might as well have frozen me to the ground 2 mins, because I could neither shoot fast (or well for that matter) nor could I cast anything...meanwhile she was happily plugging away at me with her Ithaca and killing me at her leisure. Sure I can debuff docs, but so can they and it really comes down to who gets the first debuff off which determines who will win these. Docs can use the same gun that traders can, they can heal, and they can debuff. All they cant do is root/mezz, so like the adven they are 3 out of the 4.

Those are the 2 classes that are closest in form to a trader. There are others that can do at least 2-3 out of the 4 things that make up the trader package and it makes them damn good too (MP's carrying shotguns, w/heal pet, and nano shutdown....all they lack is roots; NT's with roots, shotguns, and nukes...all they lack are the heals which is a big part I know, but still)

The funny part is that we actually normally have only one advantage over any other class, its just that this is magnified by low end uber twinks which reminds me of agents pre-12.6. I have to tell you that it scares me. Honestly in PvP I can do no more dmg than the adven doc or NT with the same gun (because of 40% caps). You talk about 3 shot kills and I assume you mean normal, fling, aimed, and critting with all 3 shots.....well I have to say that a doc, adven, MP, hell even the NT can do exactly the same if they have a good LLTS on and UVC running, so I really dont see how this is a "trader" issue. Other classes can heal and yes I believe atm that healing is overpowered when compared to nukes. It is really hard to kill a doc with HE on unless you break off a string of crits...otherwise they will slowly kill you at their leisure. As for rooting there are plenty of other rooters in the game, so I really beilieve this to be a moot point....rooters vs melee is a game mechanics issue and not a "trader" issue. Debuffing, well this is a hard one an I think I'll give it its own paragraph.

In 14.2 traders will become even meaner because as far as the patch notes read it seems like a gun will become immediatly less effective if the user is debuffed. What I think needs to be instituted is a check similar to the pet class debuff check where a weapon would not funtion less effectivly until after the current fight is over. This should alleviate the fear that traders are going to debuff you to the point where you would be better off throwing your gun at them (of course your attack rating will suffer from the debuff as usual, but at least the weapon in your hands wouldnt be a piece of junk).

Well I've rambled for long enough...let me know your thoughts.
    Last edited by Manchilde; Mar 14th, 2002 at 18:11:41.
    ~Manchilde

ok.. Lanasia,
    "EDIT: Oh, and just make a trader and level up to 100 and try ace-ing PvP, killing everyone effortlessly. If I see you die once... you lie."

lie about what? did i ever say it was an effortless kill? i did say that there are variations in every fight.. soo if you had taken the time to read this entire thread, instead of attacking me personly you might realise that your comments are WAY out of line.

thank you for flaunting your stupidity.

back to the discussion: true other proffesions have roots/heals/debuffs, but traders have them all.

<--lvl 146 Rookie Clan Engineer that won't step foot in the arena if theres a trader in my lvl range.

Clanners call me Ozzy

"You talk about 3 shot kills and I assume you mean normal, fling, aimed, and critting with all 3 shots.....well I have to say that a doc, adven, MP, hell even the NT can do exactly the same if they have a good LLTS on and UVC running, so I really dont see how this is a "trader" issue." - Piikey

AMEN!!

But idiots dont seem to realize if you put an ithaca on any profession with a good LLTS and a good crit buff you too can win!

Since shotgun is the natural choice of a Trader most of thie high lvl traders are already built to use an ithaca. Wheres not all the other profession have gone that route yet.

I see every profession now using or switching to an ithaca. I see Agents with Ithacas now.

Put an Ithaca on a Enforcer or a MA... same result.

Overequipping isnt the problem, professions arent the main problem(some professions do need so updating though)... Crits are the mofo'ing problem. There are some Assualt Rifles that can produce the same result but are more ip costly and if you dont crit on your 1st 3 shots you have a very slow fire rate.

Wha Wha my profession sucks. Suck it up and put an Ithaca on and join the band of Ithaca+UVC users and get a title and become a Title Hugger like everyone else. Run for zone your about to lose.

It has something to do with the broken NANO RESIST too.

If nano resist actually worked, you can counter debuff, you and your pet can counter root, that wouldnt make trader that godly.

Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567891011 LastLast