Page 10 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567891011 LastLast

Thread: traders.....

Welp,

I'm going to have to agree with Piikey's first reply post.

Also, alot of what I say pertains to a matured profession, mid-high to high lvl pvp. Complain all you want about lower lvl pvp, big deal, certain professions ARE going to be a bit better than others in pvp during the adolescence of a proffession. I think at higher lvl, when certain professions are grown/matured, pvp becomes a bit more balanced. ex: A low lvl enforcer vs a low lvl trader, trader usually wins, at high lvl, a different story.

Traders aren't as unstoppable as what alot of ppl think. Please, try playing a high lvl trader, and duel other equally leveled classes, and not just getting beat by one before you start complaining about how uber we are. There are certain classes, (and people have to start accepting this), that really weren't meant to be as good as others in pvp, and be extremely overpowering. There are great pvp'ers although, in every class. And not to mention apprentice's and novice's of every profession too.
    Soldiers, Enforcers, an equal lvl MA, Docs, MP's, would all give a trader a good duel. Sure the other classes may have a tougher time beating a trader. But then again, there are classes that
    Traders cannot overpower and easily beat either. I don't complain when I lose to an enforcer/soldier, they kick ass, and are supposed to, hence their names. Yet ppl complain all the time when beaten by a trader. A trader? why us? Try going one on one with an enforcer, soldier, or a doc/mp geared towards pvp, they're tough too!!

Yes, If in 2ho/mmd, and a trader get's the drop on you, your screwed, but the real balance in pvp is seen one on one. At high lvl, really, it comes down to who cracks a debuff off first, whether it be a doc debuff, mp, nt, etc..
    And the classes that can't drain vs Traders, still have other advantages
    I think alot of the complaining is coming from the people who are getting raped in 2ho/mmd by traders, getting debuffed by them off the bat and/or rooted, unable to do anything, and low lvl pvpers.

In a one on one duel, Traders have several weaknesses to other classes in the game. (remember the area debuff you had on ouzzelle?!)

An enforcer, basically, with rage on, can counter a root ( i do agree though that rage and nano resist in general should be MORE effective), and beam the life out of me. It's either a close duel, or an absolute pounding from the enforcer once he flurries and rages. Sure we have roots and debuffs, but against them one on one, there isn't alot of time for those. I've dueled enforcers one on one, and have never really completely owned them. Only enforcer I spanked was freen, and that was because I got the drop on him in mort :P (gotcha!).

A soldier, jeez. Flashpoints hurt, novas with uvc running, and mk up don't do bad either. Again, usually close. But one on one, a Trader would never really own an equal lvl soldier, unless it was a low lvl twink duel perhaps. But who cares about low lvl pvp hehe. High lvl's is where it's at! Yeah you can root a soldier until mk goes down, etc.. etc.. etc.. But that's all easier said than done in the arena.

I'm too lazy to mention other proffessions.

Yeah, this patch that's coming up will make traders a bit better at lower lvl, assuming they get a drain or two off in a fight. I think at higher lvl, which in my opinion, is when it really matters anyway, there's always gonna be a proffession able to beat the crap out of another proffession, not every duel can come down the last 50 hit points. It will never be like that, and shouldn't. I think the smarter pvp'ers who know what they're doing should continue to get rewarded for playing their proffession to the best of it's ability. Us traders are still gonna meet our matches out there, we're not 100% unbeatable, yeah we'er tough, so are good ma's, soldiers, enforcers, docs, mp's, etc.. I can name some only I don't want to forget anyone and make them feel left out There are apprentices and novice ppl of all proffessions, you don't see 100% of all the pvp title'd ppl running around as traders do you?

Well anyway, I think piikey made a pretty decent point, I tend to ramble and get side tracked, whatever.

Ouzzelle, you had several valid points as well, I didn't write this to contest your post, only to voice an opinion, and get myself more involved in the forums from now on.

hmmm, phil...

Who cares about lowlevel pvp?

YOU!

lol, u haven't been playing phil activly in weeks, u lazy butt!

my point is still that Q-Weasel is an engineer, he is supposed to be beat up in duels, it's his bot that is the killer!

Talking lol

If Fopus is ARK then i'm never going petition again. Still think soldiers are number 1 class in pvp. Proof in pvp ranks. Traders are just like mp's kinda. Really good at low lv but get less effective at higher lvs. Smart Soldier will generally win must all duels. Look at number of apprentice/novice soldiers compared to other classes. Not mention all 3 neo's in game are soldiers. Still think Engineer probably the worse pvp class. I'm yet to see apprentice or novice of that one.

Re: lol

Originally posted by Blanch
    If Fopus is ARK then i'm never going petition again. Still think soldiers are number 1 class in pvp. Proof in pvp ranks. Traders are just like mp's kinda. Really good at low lv but get less effective at higher lvs. Smart Soldier will generally win must all duels. Look at number of apprentice/novice soldiers compared to other classes. Not mention all 3 neo's in game are soldiers. Still think Engineer probably the worse pvp class. I'm yet to see apprentice or novice of that one.
    so make a soldier now...1337

ofcourse...

it doesn't take that much skill to kill your own guildmembers (on full def) over and over and over and over until u hit neo...*cough*

and, soldiers are usually the dumbest pvp'ers in my own experience...standing there, putting up mk and shooting is really advanced.

however, a 1:20 (see, got it right) 75% shield does make the high level soldiers extremely powerful.

But just because someone pvp more than someone else, or just because someone have more guildmembers willing to die for their title...doesn't make the profession better in pvp.

Not saying soldiers are bad, they are amongst the best in pvp...but I wouldn't say they were THE best.

As for traders being good only at low level, well...I chose to disagree, but that is your opinion and u are entitled to it.

WOOOOTTT 4k views

- Phil that debuff you mentioned that Engys have, RULeS!!.... until i fight back.. the second my bot, or my reflect shield touches you it breaks..

lol Krawn thanks for the bump! heh
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

+++++ -BTW has anyone else noticed the current lowbie MA population? or is it just me? ( THEY"RE EVERYWHERE) (heh not like it's a bad thing.. lol just don't whine when you get asked for SG/DF everytime i see one of you with one o my alts ;P)

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    -+it seems lots o ppl like jumpin on bandwagons...+-
    whitch i can understand. you play a broken class for long enough, you start an alt that's the current KING of everything, it makes sense, but DAMN do something origional, (heh forget that last part, it's pretty hard to do something origional in AO, Primus+Ithaca, on almost everything that moves.. (myself included ) )

AAARRRGFGGGGGGGG

oh yeah, i'm not complainin about soldiers/enfs, cause the are BALANCED classes, not overpowering (and they do what they are meant for.. they KILL THINGS)
    Last edited by Ouzzelle; Apr 10th, 2002 at 10:00:14.
    Ouzzelle: It's an O damnit! not a Q!... and it's pronounced Weasel to you omnis.....

Clanners call me Ozzy

Duffer1: SOYLENT GREEN IS PEOPLE!!
    Riddance Jr.: Is it dead?

i really don't want to see any profession get nerfed, i've got ALOT of good friends in game that are traders.

honestly i expected MUCH more from this game, (as we all did),

i just can't wait till all the classes get their fixes, and the storyline starts. (even though it supposedly already has... /yawn)
    Ouzzelle: It's an O damnit! not a Q!... and it's pronounced Weasel to you omnis.....

Clanners call me Ozzy

HAH! I know Gold, gotta get playin Illphil a bit more. I dunno, I like low lvl pvp, it's fun twinking and smashing ppl, but I'd say I care about higher lvl pvp alot more, just fun, stress relieving break playing low lvl twinks sometimes. And, is that how Dankman got Neo? LoL...

Or is it syrah or garv your talking about?

Apprentice Illfill Lvl 8 Agent.
    Rookie Asexual Lvl 24 Enforcer
    Neophyte Illphil lvl 155 Trader

(just kidding it's : Novice Illphil :P)

(ok ok, you got me, it's still Apprentice Illphil :/ )

<Asexual> Hey, duel?
    <xxxxxxx> (in a girly voice) "No your twinked"

Gold, stand and shoot is usually all soldiers can do. Or run around and chase someone. =P
    Perfection breeds weakness.

Obergeist-Burning bright, Above the head ghost

Mdgprogram-Fearful symmetry <---beat the every lovin' crap out of a level 60 soldier at 49

Stronger, better, faster, push it

The Troll Corps want you!tm
    General in the Troll Corps tm

*Cough, FC? HELLLOO?*

Clanners call me Ozzy

Greetings...

I just wanted to ask you all traders. Why did you choose a trader??

was it!

a. I was a newbie!.
    And i choose trader cus i wanted to use tradeskills, earn money, and realy dont want to fight battles. That i leave to the fighting professions

or was it...

b, i noticed as an "any proff" that when i met traders i was screwed in PvP. And why should i be a "fighting" profession when a trading/bartering profession kicks my ass. I want to kick ass, so i roll a trader... <-----(player happy, to be a good pvp "trader" profession)

Guys comon!, this doesn´t make sense. In a well balanced AO the traders SHOULD be shaking his/her legs when an Enforcer or a soldier enters the same PvP area. Not vice verca.

This has to stop!!!
    It is insane!!!
    I´m lvl 150 now and one week ago a trader owned a whole lvl 150 team. Not just any trader, it was the feared coccio on rk2. Although INSANE!

Or did your team just get wiped because you are totally unexperienced in pvp? I just talked with Cocio about this incident.

Soldiers getting divested with their flash in the hand unable to switch... oh well

A doctor not init debuffing the trader before getting divested... oh well...

Believe it or not, we don't have Area Effect Divests. And a divest has around 8sec downtime. So something tells me you screwed up royally here. Go pvp some more and get some experience before you cry nerf on an entire profession.
    ~Lone

Talking

Damn..........that Trader must be insane good, i'm glad he is on rk-2
    Or maybe it was and incredible bad team fighting him....

Well, hey look it´s aggro Noer glad to always get a nice reply from you.

seems like you have taken this to a personal level, btw WTH do you thing this forum is infested with post about traders???. COINCIDENCE????

Why did you ever choose a trader Noer?

I always try to level down to the posters. So if you post a extremely lame post, I get you just as lame an answer.

I started a trader because I since day 1 of AO thought about it. Already then I figured out that the skill drains would be nice in pvp against casters.

Just because it says "trader" it isn't exactly meant as we are sitting in trade all day cutting gems. FFS call as leeches or vampires. I don't care.

But everything comes down to one thing - you have too little experience in pvp. So posting 10 posts about how you are not able to pvp just says a hell of a lot more about you than about the traders as a profession.

Yes it is a pain in the ass to pvp against a trader because you probably wont be able to use the top-end nanos you have on your primary shortcut bar. But hey, thats whats defining traders - the drains. So yes, I can see why you want to get us nerfed. You can't kill us by hitting 3 buttons. ^_^
    ~Lone

Noer i;ve had enough of you now. It would seem that anyone who describes traders as overlypowerful is totally incorrect according to you, i'm sick of the well you have a init debuff argument as well. Sure it’s powerful, but say it’s 50/50 I land it first, this is generally not the case as in rbk2 omni will not go into 25% they hang onto the tip of the zone, ala cocio. However lets say I do you can simply run away when it hits you, if u divest me first can I run ? Hell no, attach 2nd root after divest , then plunder.

Cocio hypocrisy is what gets to me. He'll say that traders are not that powerful, I believe he may have changed his tune recently however. But he is a re-roller, gone thro a MA an a enf at high lvl, then for reasons which I couldn’t possibly hazard a guess at he stopped on trader. That traders are the best pvp class has no connection obviously. I found it so funny that all high lvl omni simply zone camped. Athx a enf apprentice on rbk2 wouls go into the 25% zone then they would all attack him at the same time and instant kill him. This happened many times. So I teamed up with athx with a few more. Next time they attacked him we where rdy and tore them down. There reaction to this, what we can’t get an easy gank……lets just leave. We weren’t concerened about titles just wanted to win the day. It seems to me that many of the high lvl omnis main driving force is the “me win”, “title hugging” style of thought. There are ofcourse many high lvl omnis with integrity and enough RP sense to consider the goal of winning the little “war” in mmd more important than titles.

Look i'm not going to use the "hey you shopkeepers shouldn't be able to fight well" speech, hell with the sickening greed of capitalism parasitically feeding upon all it can consume, then unless there has been a revolution it would seem that a class that worships this power may indeed be powerful. However at the same time it's a game and illogical to have 1 dominant class. PvP zones are becoming dead quiet, the reasons behind this are many but a major reason is this extreme unbalance in PvP.

My pet project trader is now 50, there is no weakness, there is no trade off, there is only inbalance. Cosmik if you read any of these anti-trader threads please forward at least some of our displeasure to the powers that be.

/waves Hi Qwerty hhehe

hey I will always fight now........

.....but no one really really wants to fight me anymore....

hehe will you want to after 14.2 (eg rage fixed)?

Qwerty, let me give you some tips.

Use a hp buff, use a HoT (even a low one is good in pvp), use a low heal if you get divested(even a low heal is good in pvp). Init debuff shuts down nanos completely. And as you say, the one that debuffs the other first is most likely to win. If both gets a debuff in traders are the looser. So you want traders nerfed because you can't win 100% of the times or?

And you can't judge a entire profession by playing a lowbie twink.

Max runspeed, implant runspeed and get a runbuff and you will be out of root distance in a few seconds.
    Last edited by LoneWolf; Apr 23rd, 2002 at 14:53:27.
    ~Lone

LOL

Originally posted by Noer
    Qwerty, let me give you some tips.

Use a hp buff, use a HoT (even a low one is good in pvp), use a low heal if you get divested(even a low heal is good in pvp). Init debuff shuts down nanos completely. And as you say, the one that debuffs the other first is most likely to win. If both gets a debuff in traders are the looser. So you want traders nerfed because you can't win 100% of the times or?

And you can't judge a entire profession by playing a lowbie twink.

Max runspeed, implant runspeed and get a runbuff and you will be out of root distance in a few seconds.
    LOL 199 trader, thinking this ..lol
    Trust me , i know Qwerty, he know all the tricks ..lol

Page 10 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567891011 LastLast