Page 6 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567891011 LastLast

Thread: traders.....

look, i'm not trying to compare Engineers to Traders.. and yes i would MUCH rather be a happy lil grease monkey, sittin in a garage, covered in grease and robot parts... but it's not like that.

i started this post to get a rise out of EVERYONE!. i do PvP ALOT, i hang at arena, MMD, 2ho, Mort all the time, and from that time i've come across this issue that severely needed to be (even though it's been adressed before, you guys needed to be slapped around a lil,) addressed. and that is the OVERPOWER of traders in PvP.

i'm on full aggro over this issue, defend your position. tell me you are not the gods of PvP at all lvls.... tell me you won't be the gods of PvP at all lvls after 14.2....

--->for bandwagon traders only- tell me why you can't do something origional, and tell me why you like griefing anyone that does try somethin origional
    Ouzzelle: It's an O damnit! not a Q!... and it's pronounced Weasel to you omnis.....

Clanners call me Ozzy

Duffer1: SOYLENT GREEN IS PEOPLE!!
    Riddance Jr.: Is it dead?

Well, Fryli killed me today 1on1. Guess that makes her queen of pvp then?

Traders are not god of pvp. Get it out of your head. Soldiers are best, after that comes docs and traders. After that comes any well build profession.

Stop the witch-hunt.
    ~Lone

Noer, I demand you amend your last post.

150+ soldiers are the Gods of PvP. 100-150 are good. 100 under suck. =P
    Perfection breeds weakness.

Obergeist-Burning bright, Above the head ghost

Mdgprogram-Fearful symmetry <---beat the every lovin' crap out of a level 60 soldier at 49

Stronger, better, faster, push it

The Troll Corps want you!tm
    General in the Troll Corps tm

150+ Soldiers god of PvP..hmmm then why did i see Mrink TOTALLY WRECK a lvl 163 Soldier in a fair duel at the arena last night?

and i'm not gona stop nothin, till this BS is settled.

besides if you forgot the third post i made on this thread,.. this thread is for:

"btw the above post is meant for all traders below lvl 120

(xcept Mrink)"
    Ouzzelle: It's an O damnit! not a Q!... and it's pronounced Weasel to you omnis.....

Clanners call me Ozzy

Ozzy... in a fight like that, it all depends on who gets the first hit in. There is no such thing as an unstoppable force in PvP, unless you exploit. And if you do that, your arse is going to get caught.

You need to argue about the game play, NOT the classes. Nano resist, crits, OEing to a degree are some major issuses. All of these factors fall in the hands of a trader. Nerfing traders is simply playing a bouncing ball game. I hate ball games. Instead, work on the field.

As for a trader taking down a soldier....

What do you think of as a fair fight?

Did the soldier wait in a 25%? If so, the trader would have had the advantage.
    Perfection breeds weakness.

Obergeist-Burning bright, Above the head ghost

Mdgprogram-Fearful symmetry <---beat the every lovin' crap out of a level 60 soldier at 49

Stronger, better, faster, push it

The Troll Corps want you!tm
    General in the Troll Corps tm

IT SHOULDN"T MATTER who got the first hit in... Mrinks lvl 130ish.. and completly WREKED the soldier.. cmon, a shopkeeper vs. a highly trained soldier.... a shopkeeper hould NOT be at full health after droppin a soldier that's lvl 163.. it was disgusting.

only on Rubi-ka i guess.. oh well, i'm tired of this pointless circle of halfwit (myself included)

Noer you are correct about the gameplay/mechanics, but i still can't help but be pissed offfff by all these damned bandwagon traders, that stand in the arena, and pick on nOObs, wel not just noobs but EVERYONE., it's no fun to be at the arena with 25+ppl and no one will go in cause theres a trader there.. and everyone else is too afriad to lose their PvP title

as for PvP in other places... 2ho is bullsh!t for clanners... we get agro'd by the guards, we die ten mins later without nowing we were ever attacked..

MMD is a JOKE.
    WTF?! i wouldn't give one flyin **** about PvP if FC would make viable tradeskills... i'd sit in place all day and make stuff, and my happy lil grease monkey @ss will be content as all hell.

it's not just traders.. first it was agents, soldiers, now traders are on the block, but what's gonna happen after they get SPANKED? it shifts to a new class.. you have a few POWERFUL characters, soon it becomes a fad, next you have ppl like me on the PvP Conflict boards TIRED OF IT! (yes i am making fun of my own post)

i just don't get it....

/me wakes up with an empty bottle of "Hit the Floor Jack" in his right hand, and an empty bottle of crazy pills in the other.... right hand.... uhmm that cant' be good....

Clanners call me Ozzy

Bah what about...

lets say Noer i duno any high lvl traders so lets say its u or whoever is the highest go in the Arena ALONE with Garv.
    No run out, everything else you can do just not run out of it and noone interfeer, only self buffs.
    Maybe im stupid enuff to think two ppl like that know in they wont get ganked could do it fair without outside buff...
    And post the results on 10 fights, i think that'll give everybody the answer.
    Ouzelle i know what u feeling its really sad to see all the starters gettin raped by twinked lvl 6 traders, since everybody and their mom start a trader within the last two month, also agree with Noer sayin its just gonna end up with a large nerf because of some lamers (did anyone notice the relation between pvp in AO and OGC hack in CS ? )
    Also i think its good to add that its not newbies/starters call em as u like that play those traders, its only pathetic rerollers. Theres no way a starter would know how to twink enuff or even have the gear to start one.
    Side note to all the GOD of pvp : how comes theres never one of you (except a few (really fckin few)) that accept to solo high lvl Soldiers without zonin or other gay stuff ? all i see from my trox enf is a bunch of 160+ camping 3 hours 2ho grid to jump the first huy that will come out cmon is that what pvp is about ? lol no wonder when i wanna pvp i go play RTCW.
    The last time iwent in an arena to watch two friends dueling i got chain rooted by two agents (names doesnt matter i dont give a flyin fck about it anyway) that proceed to shoot me after 2mn and 80% of my hp left a soldier and an enforcer add to come along to take me down yeah i was standin there like an ass so i shouldnt you gonna say. Point is i am not complaining bout diein, which i do 30-40 times /day when i run missions, all i'm saying is if u wanna pvp ask someone a pair of balls and do it urself UNLESS its an event in which case i would mind bein gangbanged by 30 ppl.

So basically its like everypost on this forum : PVP is a total failure in this game

NB: heh reminds me now i had a trader asking me money last nite cuz he didnt had anymore credits to buy ammo, now if thats not plain pathetic...
    Infamine 200 soljah

If that 130 trader got the soldier he divested the soldier before he got shield up. And oh well, then its the soldiers own fault. Soldiers only do that a few times. A lvl 163 soldier should have TMS mkx and a trader can't stand toe to toe to a soldier with that running. Not a lvl 130 anyway, havn't tried myself lately - but I am pretty sure I couldn't. I have problems standing toe to toe with a lower soldier with his TMS running.

And again, I am not a shopkeeper. Read Piikey's post Ouzelle and stop the nonsence
    ~Lone

So you see us all as combat classes?

Originally posted by Lanasia
    I've fought traders above my level too. Fact is there aren't very many out PvPing frequently at my level range. The ones that are are enough trouble as it is.

Here here, time for the argument I love:

Traders are too good at fighting! They should die instantly to every other class, because they're merchants!

Heh, so let's adopt this moronic statement:

Doctors are too good at fighting! They should die instantly to every other class, because they're healers! (hippocratic oath even!)

Engineers are too good at fighting! They should die instantly to every other class, because they're robot geeks!

Martial artists are too good at fighting! They should die instantly to every other class, because nobody should to as much damage with fists as you can do with a gun!

Soldiers are too good at fighting! Oh wait, what the **** am I talking about, this entire line of statements is retarded as ****!

Hey, if my trader can't fight, your doc can't either. Your religious man MP can't either. Your tech geek engineer can't either. Or maybe you haven't caught one basic rule of AO:

- Every class has killing capability.

Advents, Agents, Fixers, Engineers, MAs, Crats, NTs and similar suck at PvP because none were engineered properly by designers. They all have intended good feilds but they kind of forgot to check their PvP playout. There's odds you might be made more viable later (crats getting working mezzes, agents and MAs getting working conceal), or you might not. But until then, quit whining that OTHER professions are cooler or more fun than yours. PvP is just gimped, and you (Ouzzelle) are writing your statement from a PvP gimped profession's perspective. If traders are too uber, soldiers are too. If soldiers are too uber, then by damn are docs uber. If docs are too uber, then MPs are sure as hell uber too. All these classes have mean ace-in-the-hole uber things they can kick your ass to hell and back with, and I don't complain because I get my own different and unique tricks to lay down in PvP. None of which are 100% sure shots.

Advs, Agents, Fixers, Engys, MAs, Crats, and NTs. All have inherent lack of PvP trickery and diversity. Don't whine at anyone else for that. Soon as you're done with us, you'll just ***** about docs and their init debuffs, and how docs should be crappy fighters. Then you'll move on to MPs, then you'll try and somehow justify that soldiers shouldn't be good fighters either.

Yeah, whatever. We all kill in this game, get over it.

EDIT: Oh, and just make a trader and level up to 100 and try ace-ing PvP, killing everyone effortlessly. If I see you die once... you lie.
    What a wonderful way of looking at it....

Then why are there classes at all?.... lets all be soldiers and play quake!
    I joined this game because there was a promise of some diversity. When the diversity consists of merchants ruling the scene in combat something is WRONG!

Noer,
    post 150 there may be some balance between soldier and trader, but below 150?... forget it! I am well kitted out and have good evades, but a shotgun wielding trader will get me every time. Root, debuff hits me almost instantaneously, I use shield...trader runs, I cant change weapons due to debuff, he waits.... shield down, 3-4 hits at max range on his itchaca..poof I am dead and he`s healed back to full health..... and this is a trader 20 lvls below me!!

In PvM, the only class that is able to draw aggro off me is trader ( by just doing dmg), so the crits come far faster for traders. I crit for 3,9k with HGB so it should be pretty hard to draw aggro when I am going full tilt.

Enf`s can do mongo and get them off me, but I dont concider that direct damage dealing.

Lanasia,
    I dont know how you can justify traders being the kings of damage. For 80% of the game they are just that. Traders are NOT a combat class.

As for the post you made, traders, crats, fixers, engineers and docs should be substantially weaker than enf/nt/ma/soldier in PvP. There is no logical argument you can make to justify the current state of things.
    Adv, Mp, Agent and engineer should be better, but not as good.

Ma`s are finally working properly, NT`s are still hurting a little from previous nerfs and soldiers do generally well after lvl 110 or so... Enf seems to work fairly well, except for rage line being troublesome.

Lower the damage on shotguns, and cut debuffs in half when pvp. With the OE patch we`ll all be overequipped to h*ll and back if we ever try to touch a trader. And Noer.... that is what will happen to most soldiers/weapon wielders under lvl 150 if they try to pvp a trader after 14.2.

*grin*.... This whole thing gets me riled...sorry, but as it is traders are Uber for 80% of the game (at least), and after 14.2 they will rule all (with the possible exception of docs).
    Legion
    Beartwo

and a whole litter of bearcubs ...

"Only the dead have seen the end of war." -- Plato
    "You see me now, a soldier, of a 1000 psychic wars...." -- Blue Oyster Cult

??? TMS Mk X at 163?

Originally posted by Noer
    If that 130 trader got the soldier he divested the soldier before he got shield up. And oh well, then its the soldiers own fault. Soldiers only do that a few times. A lvl 163 soldier should have TMS mkx and a trader can't stand toe to toe to a soldier with that running. Not a lvl 130 anyway, havn't tried myself lately - but I am pretty sure I couldn't. I have problems standing toe to toe with a lower soldier with his TMS running.

And again, I am not a shopkeeper. Read Piikey's post Ouzelle and stop the nonsence
    Lvl 139 atrox soldier here, QL 160-170 ish implants atm. MC and TS are capped, and I can use a Mk VI shield without external buffs. If you check it out an Atrox soldier is unable to use Mk X on his own even at lvl 200!!!

I have 46 seconds of shield, the roots last longer than my shield... against a trader 20 lvls below me I am dead!

Even if he doesnt root me, after 14,2 he will debuff me, I`ll be overequipped and doing crap for dmg... so even toe to toe I cant win.
    You may have more ingame experience than me, but you fail to see that most of the game happens before lvl 160 and after 14.2 your debuffs/ransacks will be doubly damaging in pvp, where you are already extremely good.

As for the statement about not being a shopkeeper.... why did you choose "trader" as profession? Last time I looked it up a trader is a merchant, not an elite shotgun soldier.
    Legion
    Beartwo

and a whole litter of bearcubs ...

"Only the dead have seen the end of war." -- Plato
    "You see me now, a soldier, of a 1000 psychic wars...." -- Blue Oyster Cult

How come I know several atrox soldiers selfbuffing into mkx then?

I choose trader because a trader had a lot of choices to do and a complex char to build. Build a trader to stand in a shop? Get real, this is a game where 99% of the time is killing either mobs or players. Saying we can't take part in that is pretty selfish.

You can find me at the food shop in 2ho in the future. I am known as OT Food Provider in the future. Come by and buy something.
    Last edited by LoneWolf; Mar 27th, 2002 at 12:26:38.
    ~Lone

Originally posted by Noer

I choose trader because a trader had a lot of choices to do and a complex char to build.

Thats why i made a Trader 3 months ago but due to full time woork and a life outside AO i lvl my chars kinda slow.
    I made Trader du to all the difrent abilities a Trader have, and all those nice nc's

I wont cry for nerf on any profession out there, i know how it is when ppl want to nerf ur profession...
    there is a "but" tho...if the outcome of 14.2 makes Traders stronger then they are today the debuff line has to be looked into. I'm have no problem with how it works atm, even tho i hate the time divest & ransak last

When it comes to PvP and how i rank professions:

1. Trader
    2. Soldier
    3. NT/MP
    4. Doc/MA/Enforcer
    5. Agent
    6. Others

Have in mind that this is how i feel fighting these profession, and as a caster i hate "debuff" and root classes more then others
    Some toons from all classes are well buildt and good in pvp and some are not, but overall i find Traders woorst to fight even tho a soldier can alpha me hard. I've said it before and i'll say it again, Traders debuff is not the woorst part...it's their root on top of that... But often when it comes to fight between professions with debuff abilities it boils down to who hit who first.

Regards,

Fryli

Yup, and a trader with a doc init buff is dead if he starts casting nanos.

Thats why my list is like this:

1. docs
    2. soldiers
    3. traders
    4. NT, enforcer
    5. MP, MAs, crats
    6. engineers, adventurers, fixers
    ~Lone

This is kinda funny to read.

There was a huge discussion a little while ago about engineers getting tradeskill buffs. We then got a LOT of people saying that traders should have them since they are the ultimate in tradeskills (hence their name, TRADErs). Engineers should therefore not have any tradeskill buffs, since traders should be the masters of tradeskills.

Here we have traders saying they are not shopkeepers/merchants etc... Yet, you want all tradeskill buffs to yourselves? You're one of the best professions out there in PvP, do very nicely in PvM, and have the best tradeskills.

Engineers are great in PvM.. that's it. Whenever an engineer opens his/hers mouth about wanting to have a little boost when it comes to PvP abilities, we get replies like "STFU! Engineers should only sit on their @sses all day making stuff, not fight!!" Guess what? There's almost nothing to do except fighting in this game. I would be so happy if I could just sit on my behind all day making stuff and it would be a viable way to level and make credits as well.

Traders on the other hand, the masters of tradeskills SHOULD be very good in PvP.. I just don't get it. Why should a trader be better in PvP than an engineer then ?

I'm not asking to nerf traders. I hate the "N" word so much. I just want all other professions to be able to compete at the same level as a trader. Same with engineers. It's silly that a weakling engineer can solo harder missions than a fully trained higher level soldier.

Originally posted by Ouzzelle
    58 views an di'm the only one replying....
    maybe i am taking crazy pills

btw the above post is meant for all traders below lvl 120

(xcept Mrink)
    Hey Ouzz. I just started a trader last night. Should be fun.
    Nitsobar - lvl 219/13 Doc - Equipment - Perks - History
    MrBruce - lvl 204/6 MA - Equipment - Perks - History
    MsHackalot - lvl 123/9 Twink Fixer - Equipment - Perks - History

Veterans of Synergy Factor

Click to email me

NERF AGENTS

I think we need to nerf the Agents, cause we have every nano in the game ! Take me for instance i can............root and then i can.........take ten shots!

Serious tho I liked InfamousDucks post, there is a great deal of people that are whining ALOT just because they cant win vs everyone in a 1on1 situation.....imo PvP is much more fun in bigger fights and that is thank god almost impossible due to lag......Traders are atm way uber in pvp at all lvls, so what, bring a friend and the trader goes down in 0.1 sec. To everyone whining, try play agent and learn about real gimpness :P

damnit Nits lol,

<--noooooooo comment

Fopus your an ARK?... my head hurts ;P
    Last edited by Ouzzelle; Mar 27th, 2002 at 14:42:07.

Clanners call me Ozzy

Howd agent suck ?
    Many people say fixers suck the most, yet I could find a novice fixer and several apprentices.
    Any profession could be good if well played.....

Exactly Wenzell.
    ~Lone

Page 6 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567891011 LastLast