Page 1 of 11 1234567891011 LastLast

Thread: traders.....

Talking traders.....

here go's...

/me puts on his hazmat suit

FC needs to duck tape you guys to a tree, bust out their Fiery Club Of Nerf Goodness, and BEET you guys with it.

i can't believe traders think they're getting nerfed next patch.. your not really. FC's just making everyone else worse (xcept MA's/weapon switching soldiers, and some enf's)

Traders and MP's i guess are FC's lil Love childs.

# DO"S anyone willingly fight a trader in PvP?!# NO! you know why?! guess:

-crats/engy's/mp's- root pet, 3 hit kill the owner (this will be much easier for traders to acomplish after 14.2 btw)

-MA's- Root/debuff.... you know the rest

-Soldiers-Root, run.. wait for MK to go down... maybe debuff while they're MK'd.. refresh root...=dead soldier

-Enf's- a lil bit tuffer to fight for a trader but not by much. root/debuff.. wait for mongo... dead Enf.

-Advs-.... duh. see above

-Docs- Debuff... see above

-Traders- Same lvl Traders WON'T fight eachother... reason why= THEY ARE AFRIAD oF EACHOTHER.. see above

HELLLOOO FUNCOM... DO YOU SEE A TREND HERE??!!!!!!

HELLOOO?!!!!!

all 14.2 is doing is making the best proffessions better, and the ones that need work GET SCREWED.

I can't believe all the lil traders taht stand in the arena thinkin they're the shiznit, and calling everyone else "scared nOObs" when all you are is an Unoriginal, Trend Following, nOOb, that's too afraid to TRY SOMETHING OriGinal!
    Last edited by Ouzzelle; Mar 16th, 2002 at 23:10:01.
    Ouzzelle: It's an O damnit! not a Q!... and it's pronounced Weasel to you omnis.....

Clanners call me Ozzy

Duffer1: SOYLENT GREEN IS PEOPLE!!
    Riddance Jr.: Is it dead?

Cool

ahh screw it.. i'm going to make a trader, i'll name him Tweak2hell i'll lvl 74, And Kill anything that moves in the arena, i'll heal the ppl you tryin duel/gank, then i'll jump you. Sound fun?

-anyone else notice that no one will stand in the arena if a trader is around?

HOW FUN IS THAT?!!
    Ouzzelle: It's an O damnit! not a Q!... and it's pronounced Weasel to you omnis.....

Clanners call me Ozzy

58 views an di'm the only one replying....
    maybe i am taking crazy pills

btw the above post is meant for all traders below lvl 120

(xcept Mrink)

Clanners call me Ozzy

Youre beating a dead horse. Everyone knows traders will own, no one wants to post about it again.

Thumbs up arrrrrghhhhhstoopidshotgunsanddebuffs

why should a MA or soldier lose a fight to a trader??? imo traders should be good at everything BUT killing others! same goes for Engineers, MPs, Docs, Crats and Adventurers
    N-E-R-F !

Cool ehems

although i had some disagreements with ozzy about other matters i have to agree this time...

Traders and MP's i guess are FC's lil Love childs
    it takes lil time to notice this after you start playing AO....

do you want to see lots of business men and religious guys duking out big time FC?

cause after a while only they might survive....(adv=the survivor...HELL YEAH....try surviving when you re debuffed to hell ,cant use heals,have your AR lowered to silly values and rooted so that you cant even utilise your green runspeed and i m not talking about the AC digests yet..... welcome to rubi-ka! have a safe journey....)
    Last edited by Lacaan; Mar 13th, 2002 at 14:17:05.
    my rerolling squad (what s IPR? )
    Celebnor, Balbanes, Lacaan, Ignetos, Hadouken, Icehilda, Icementat and the late Seregnor

if you ever met one.....well...nevermind

So true

ROTFL!

LOL!

heh...
    Perfection breeds weakness.

Obergeist-Burning bright, Above the head ghost

Mdgprogram-Fearful symmetry <---beat the every lovin' crap out of a level 60 soldier at 49

Stronger, better, faster, push it

The Troll Corps want you!tm
    General in the Troll Corps tm

I have already posted in several threads what debuffs will do if it's counted in PvP, everyone but the traders can see it..

It's same as when they wanted to put stun in PvP, only the NTs that was used to instakill before 40% cap could understnad that it would be overpowered (and FC ofcourse)

Traders have almost everything in PvP and now they want to give them even more power...
    Azzazzimon

Clan Apocalypse - The guild for models

Account closed.

Yeah traders rule, so start a trader and rule PvP. You want to level fast? Start an MP. Who cares if all the professions are equal and balanced, its not like it matters. Theres no RP aspect to any of em so you might as well just play the most powerfull one (or two). I bet if they had a profession reallocation with that IP reallocation you would have 90% of the player base being MP's and traders. You didnt need to spam all the profession boards by the way.

BUMP

PvP is NOT balanced. Maye let them Fix all the professions they are planning to (fixers, Agents (hum), Adventuers).

I hate all those atrox-beam-MPs that are so proud to own the arena at lvl 15. The real challenge is to get a pvp title as an adventurer .

Moghir 102 Adv RK1

Originally posted by Moghir
    BUMP

PvP is NOT balanced. Maye let them Fix all the professions they are planning to (fixers, Agents (hum), Adventuers).

I hate all those atrox-beam-MPs that are so proud to own the arena at lvl 15. The real challenge is to get a pvp title as an adventurer .

Moghir 102 Adv RK1
    Just use a shotgun or a AR and you won't have much of a problem.
    Azzazzimon

Account closed.

http://forums.anarchy-online.com/sho...threadid=12894
    The post from Noer in this thread is worth a read for everyone who thinks that traders are too godlike in PvP.

I agree that the we're powerful in the pre-100 area, but PvM is a completely different story.

What I've been concerned about is the OE patch making traders too powerful... depending on how they do the weapon dmg adjustment thing. If they let the 20% skill req. take effect in the middle of the battle(rather than checking at the end or start only) then anyone who PvP's a trader is going to be at a much greater disadvantage. And it IS the PvP crowd, imo, that is getting the impression that traders are too uber and complaining about them.

We'll just have to wait and see what the OE patch does, and then I'll tell you if I'm too uber, but now I'm doin' fine.

Btw, thanks for spamming our board and every other prof. board with a very arrogant-sounding pointer to this thread. *sarcasm*

How about letting the patch hit the test-server before starting the grief.

Yes heavy overequippers will have a bad time vs. traders, but an equal lvl player vs an equal lvl trader with a non-overequipped weapon wont change much. But I prefer to see the patch first and then complain if something is wrong.
    ~Lone

Originally posted by Azzazzimon
    everyone but the traders can see it..
    Azz, the thing is that we do see it. The thing is that we never pushed for this patch. Most of the lower traders rightly feared this patch cutting into their wrangling profits, and thos of us at a higher level fear it for a completly different reason. The fact is that we a good at PvP atm. The only proffs that can have a good chance against us are:

Enforcers with rage running (I have tested this with Haqim, he has far to many hp's and nano resist/speed for me to kill him easily)

Soldiers ....I dont care who you are, its hard to survive an Alpha and TMS...even if you do, its hard to get the soldier to get away from a damn zone border or shop.

Docs - I fear docs more than any other becuase of the init debuffs....if they land a high end init debuff on you, you might as well start running, because you will never be able to out dmg their heals after that.

MP's - like docs, a this fight depends on who gets the first debuff off....if they shut me down, you will see me running like hell

The funny part is that everyone wanted this patch EXCEPT for traders, yet now with it coming, we are basically becoming a scape goat because it will make us too uber.

and btw Ouzz, if you wanted to PvP, you should have never made an engi. Take your crusade elsewhere and pray i dont catch you in 25%
    ~Manchilde

Azz, the thing is that we do see it.
    Ok, sorry for saying that traders don't see it.

I change too:

Many traders don't see it but the clever ones does.
    Azzazzimon

Account closed.

Bah, it always comes down to who hits first(if both are equiped with the same ql gear and same level range). Team PvP and objectives please.

Nerf it all and let FC sort it out.
    Perfection breeds weakness.

Obergeist-Burning bright, Above the head ghost

Mdgprogram-Fearful symmetry <---beat the every lovin' crap out of a level 60 soldier at 49

Stronger, better, faster, push it

The Troll Corps want you!tm
    General in the Troll Corps tm

The only qualm I have is that if I stand toe to toe with a trader, I should be able to outdamage and kill them quite fast. After all, enforcers are the kings (and queens!) of close combat.

Last night in 2ho, there were a very few clan members around, zoning in and out of bunker/barracks/etc. One trader, light orange to me (maybe <10 levels difference) zoned into the bunker.

So everyone is waiting outside, and I'm like, OK screw this, if I go in there I should be able to own him.

One hit, Bam, he's at 60% HP, as expected, brawl, he's at 40% (my brawl didnt crit ), all of the sudden he heals himself to very close to full, crits me for 40% in a row three times (my evades are NOT crap either) and I die. Another chapter in the "Arinia gets owned by traders" book, except this time, the trader didn't even take advantage of their range/root, they just slugged it out toe to toe with me and OWNED me.

Traders are what adventurers want to be -- the TRUE jack of all trades. Except they own in all of them.

I'm sorry but I'm not buying the "Traders suck in PvP" thing. We had no less than 20-30 omni and it took about an hour to do enough damage to this guy before he could zone or heal himself.

Maybe it's different at 150+. But realize that 150+ is a small percentage of the population. Classes should at least be attempted to be balanced across all level ranges.
    Katelin Arinia Rhees
    Level 220 Enforcer
    Former Enforcer Professional
    Former President of the late Midnight Reveries
    Account Created: 2001-10-08; Account Expired: 2005-02-19

The only qualm I have is that if I stand toe to toe with a trader, I should be able to outdamage and kill them quite fast. After all, enforcers are the kings (and queens!) of close combat.
    Enforcers are the best on taking damage, Martial Artists are the kings (and queens!) of close combat(or atleast that's the point)

Traders are extremly powerful in PvP as it is now, but I wouldn't say that they are "uber"

Traders often die, they don't have that much defence when they get hit, if you play a trader well you can be really good in PvP, but if you do somethign wrong, get to close, you die very fast.
    Azzazzimon

Account closed.

Traders are good at PvP.

BUT

UVC rules PvP not any particular class.

I am a Trader i'll fight anyone.. traders, docs, soldiers.

sry bout posting on all the profs boards about this, but i wanted everyones opinion. sure it sounded arrogent, but i had to get support for my post somehow.

anyways.... Piikey.. big words commin from a lvl 163 Trader... you da man.......... lol
    Last edited by Ouzzelle; Mar 14th, 2002 at 00:40:31.

Clanners call me Ozzy

Page 1 of 11 1234567891011 LastLast