Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: overequipping - DO NOT TOUCH IT !!!

MPs and other pet proffessions! Stop complaining!! NTs have have this problem, getting their nanos shutdown due to debuffs. Unless the NT has a good weapon, its DEAD. Same with your pet professions, good weapon or dead!! Not happy? Welcome to the world of Nerfdom.
    -- Falling never killed anyone, its always the landing.
    -_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-
    RK-1
    |OT|
    Telgi-61 Solitus Enforcer
    Gauf-31 Nanomage Doctor
    Saruzi- -=128=- Opifex Nano-Technician.
    Manstien-44 Solitus Soldier

I love all the bitter sour NT's that just say 'well we are gimped, so you should be too' and try to justify it that way.

If you class is broken try to get it fixed, not get everyone elses nerfed.
    Fausto "Dealbreaker" Age

i am comming closer to get a sarcastic feeling when alot players will leave the game after this patch since the playing gets more complicated and less fun too.

well the summer is comming and i have a nice spot in my open air poor already. but i will watch the scene and learn from people who destroyed a good game.

when there are 50 people left i watch the last tries from FC to give the players back all the power from Beta 3.

but at this point i will have mega brown skin , my girlfriend beside me and a good formed body and a Coke with ice in my hand watching the sun through my sunglasses. I will buy a new Mountainbyke and roll on my missions.

Thank you Funcom for telling me in advance that i wont be playing anymore at this summer.

Like I always say the forums are usless they should be taken down. hmm thats my new sig i think.

OE ends wow next up balancing the mobs.

Well one thing is clear Dirx has never played a non-Over Equipped character. Having just started playing again after 9 I can take mobs my level with my current equipment guess what I’m not over equipped by more then 5%. Your screaming foul and you’re the ones creating it.

For them = Funcom to correctly balance PVP and PVE they require a clean baseline. They can’t get this right now because of the Uber players that feel the only way they can play is by breaking the game. As a person that wants to get into the development side I can understand their frustration with the current problems. As a player that would like to enjoy every aspect of the game I can foresee the need to do this level of control.

Your claims are that the only way to play the game is to over equip why is it then I can play without doing more the 5% and still play. You logic and arguments are broken. Prove what you are saying, if the only way you feel it’s a challenge is by taking red mobs then you are not playing your level correctly your Over equipped heavily and aren’t playing equally with others your level. Most Over Equippers are in the minority not the majority. Personally I feel it would ruin my enjoy pf the game to cheat and break the game at this level. Oh yeah on a side note it’s perfectly within their rights to change any feature in the game at any time, you have a choice keep playing under the new rules or go away and play something else.

Question OE... touchy issue with few...

This Over-Equipping issue seems blown out of proportion by the few who rely on this tactic to play the game. In my opinion, this should balance the game a little better as it was meant to be in the first place.

The effects of this patch should become quite obvious to Funcom in the time short after its release. Either people still feel they can't play and have fun and thus take their money and go elsewhere, or they decide that it wasn't so bad and continue to play and pay.

My advice: Remember that money speaks louder than words, and the best way to get important things changed is to stop paying, and let them know why.
    That's my two credits....

- Antoine Kozar (Greengiantj)
    AntoineKozar@yahoo.com

"Any forum posting, if allowed to go on long enough, eventually leads to flaming." - Dat Phan

Well, for what's it worth I am against the over-equipping patch as well. I only hope Funcom listens to our voices as well as the voice of those crying for nerfs.

Funny how people don't understand what the patch will do, but cry on the boards anyway.

Wrangles will NOT be useless. If you wrangle a player around your own level, so that he can equip a new gun, he WILL be within that 20%. This will fix the level 10 players getting wrangled for +132 to equip a QL100 weapon and unbalance PvP.

And to the traders - in PvP you'll be even MORE powerful, deprives & ransacks are even more effective now. As if they weren't annoying enough already

Originally posted by Asmodan
    Tabrose, go see this thread since I don't feel like doing the math again.

Besides actually LOSING net damage, the trader also loses most of his ablility to heal, drain health, buff AC, debuff AC, charm, and calm.

I don't mind playing a support class, but I'd really like my support to not end up making the team do worse.

And why not compare the pet damage buffs? They are 'emergency damage buffs' just like everyone keeps saying wrangles are supposed to be. Except they FRIGGIN WORK RIGHT.

I hardly call providing a page and a half of mathematical proof 'popping off'.

You want me to not chain deprives and ransacks? Great, so now I don't buff my own skills by 220 AND the most I can wrangle for is about 46 (about a 10% increase instead of 17%). Care to run those numbers and see how much more gimped using wrangles for support looks?

I'm looking at my class very carefully, since I play it. I know how it works... you apparently don't, and since you can't seem to accept actual feedback then I suggest you refrain from commenting on it til you get yourself a clue.
    I was going to say.. I think i have read this post by you before..

Like i responded on the other thread. If you think traders are nothing but wrangle machines then don't play the character that way.

People are still going to ask you for wrangles because 20% is still a lot of headroom to need that 74 wrangle you can do. Not to mention you can divest/plunder to get skills higher during combat. Traders can team heal better than a doc/root(mass and single)/ and mezz mobs.. and that is just in combat.
    How can you want more?
    Undercover Soccom Brother

Blackness confirmed!!
    Welcome to the Brotherhood.

Buying ql 161 Art of Peace nano

((The Down Fall)) & ((The Uper Side))

((The Down Fall))

-Making levels will take longer.

-If trying to get a higher QL Item at level 100+ wasent hard enough now you have to search out an item/nano/pet that will be just in between allowing you to use the item.

-Lots of bugs will apear out of no where.

-Mobs still hit the same, Now you hit less.

-MP's/Eng's can now longer buff into there Demons/Slayers at lower levels. (all that work finding all those nanos Mochams/Infuse/Odins kinda pointless for a while.) Back to flying testicals. It kinda stinks when some one spoiles you then later on that same person comes along and trys to take from you what they gave you.

-Game sucks for all Pet classes.

((The Uper Side))

-NT's are happy

-Doing missions will be easyer. (If what they say about moving Human Mobs AC down by 60% is true)

-Now about 17% of the people playing AO will now want to PVP instead of 10%

I have read 2 bords with this topic (OE) and most of what I see is negitave, mostly all of what I see. Now you would think Funcom would see this and say "We dont want un-happy customers this is a game lets make it fun for them. Now thats a good idea yes it is not fun for some of those other proffs out there right now. Maybe thats because your time should be spent fixing them not trying to fix what aint broke.

I like that they are coming out with an IP-Reset that sounds kinda cool. But how long is it going to last. And what bugs will it bring. And why are they doing it anyhow? How did 2 major changes in the game both come up at the same time.

Funcom makes a great game and I think they are only trying to make the game more exciting for people. I think they are just taking the wrong aprouch.

-Fix the proffesions that are in need of it most.

-Fix the bugs

-Then start adding to the game. Stop taking from it.

And you will have your self a game.

Question

I've also read a lot of borads and it seems there isn't that much of negative feed-back regarding 14.2.

Keep reading.

A lot of what I read is negative maybe your just reading the nice comments on the topic. Here let me help you out.

The OE Patch is 2 Thumbs Down!

The IPR is Good!

But still I would rather have no IPR if it means giving up OE.

I think if they just made the IPR in the 14.2 patch only then we would all be happy. Well I cant speak for anyone. But I know I would. Ahh why do I waste my time talking on BBords. No matter what I do or say Its going to happen anyhow. So I am going brace my self. I would hope you all do the same or your going to loose all your nice toys.

Originally posted by Irritated

I was going to say.. I think i have read this post by you before..

Like i responded on the other thread. If you think traders are nothing but wrangle machines then don't play the character that way.

People are still going to ask you for wrangles because 20% is still a lot of headroom to need that 74 wrangle you can do. Not to mention you can divest/plunder to get skills higher during combat. Traders can team heal better than a doc/root(mass and single)/ and mezz mobs.. and that is just in combat.
    How can you want more?
    I've never said they wouldn't be useful of over-equipping even if/when this patch goes in.

What I DID say was that they are utterly useless as 'emergency damage' buffs, which is what 99% of people keep trying to say we should be using them for.

I just want to illustrate exactly how screwed up wrangles are for anything but over equipping.
    Fausto "Dealbreaker" Age

Re: overequipping - DO NOT TOUCH IT !!!

Originally posted by DirX
    To whom it may concern,

I am aware of the changes Funcom wants to make in the 14.2 patch and I am most surprised that they are putting a ban on over-equipping. First of all without over-equipping a trader will be nothing more then a guy that sells some useless nano's that you will never need. Second asking for buffs has always been a great way to find friends in the game but with no more over-equipping what is the use of asking for a buff??
    Then, the in game economy. Without over-equipping why buy stuff from other people if you can get it in missions that you can actually do?? Paying a lot of money for a high QL weapon will be useless because you will not be able to use it to its fullest potential (in other words you are wasting your money). Missions will soon become a kind of shopping in which you pick a low level mission (we won't be able to do higher level missions because the chance of us getting killed with our low QL weapons when we get attacked by two mobs at the same level with similar weapons will be to great) and search for a nice weapon you can wear for that will be all that you can use. So most of the sales on weapons and buffs will collapse, then the few things that should still be sold over the shopping channel will not be bought because everyone is doing missions to get good weapons and will find most of the items they need.
    Many professions will be useless. In the buffing field all profession will be useless as you have to renew your buff every 30 minutes. Many professions that are build around using higher level weapons, including enforcers and traders, will get a huge disadvantage. MA’s who do not need any weapons and can buff the MA skill themselves will gain a huge advantage over the rest of the players. They will become kings in PvP. All the other professions though will become too predictable in any PvP fight. Not a single team will want any profession that has always been superior by getting higher Ql weapons. MP, Eng, Enf, anyone that uses some sort of a skill required object to fight will be useless.
    In conclusion I agree that over-equipping makes most of the PVP battle’s unfair and that people that know another people will have an advantage but they also have an advantage in the knowledge on how to use your IP. Are you going to give people that have another character less IP because they know how to use it?? There will always be things in this world, which are unfair and fair and there will also always be experts in area’s and beginners, but instead of taking away from the experts why not give the beginners?? Start some sort of a tutorial on what to do and how to do things in Rubi-Ka.

DirX a.k.a. SavageDirX
    Every effect that you put up there, makes me want the patch more. I will not be effected by the patch, so I don't care

Smile

Dripper, you made exactly the same point as me but in the opposite way. Maybe you are just reading the 'bad' posts (have you read the threads entitled "Official support 14.2 thread" and "How about I'll quit if 14.2 doesnt' hit the servers!"?). Personally I'v read a lot of threads on the subject (I assure you, I did!) and yes, there are a lot of bad feedback but as I said I don't think there's a striking majority of people disappointed about 14.2. It seems more of a 50/50 situation to me, but I didn't count either. And the boards being a way for the players to express themselves it's already favouring the posting of people that disagree with FC's policy. You have to count all the players that don't give their opinion and who are preferably in favour of/not bothered by that patch (so they don't anything else to do but to sit and wait for it). That's why I was saying it's not MOSt of the players that don't want 14.2 to hit the servers, as you put it. But it's only my humble opinion and maybe the only way to solve that problem is a referendum with each acount given one vote and forced to vote (like a one time 'yes or no 14.2' question upon logging in for everybody....). But do you really, honestly, think that a vote like that would prevent the new OE-rules to be implemented? I certainly don't think so because the silent majority would vote for it and not against it.

The patch won't make any difference to me, but it will effect the types of people in the following scenerio's:

"Met this obviously massively twinked player on RK2 offering to pay 10k just to fight him in the arena and 1mil if he lost.

He claimed to have a ql93 shotgun.

He didn't get any takers.

Is this possible? could he have been telling the truth about the shotgun?"

"yes."

"Then in PvP, if you don't overquip like this, can't afford it, you're owned by the ones that do. And most of them do it."

If people want to leave the game because of Funcom fixing things that weren't meant to work the way people are using them for, then that's their choice.

Just don't be surprised to find people staying and living with the new patch.
    EF.

Re: Re: overequipping - DO NOT TOUCH IT !!!

Originally posted by ODieLag

Every effect that you put up there, makes me want the patch more. I will not be effected by the patch, so I don't care
    This is one of the biggest misconceptions I see here on this topic. ODieLag you don't OE right? Neither do I. BUT, I bet you team every now and then right? I betcha the team tank most likely DOES OE. So now, we make the team tank weaker while keeping mobs the same strength.

Weaker tank + same strength mob == DEAD TEAM

Why doesn't anyone see this? I don't do it. But I don't try to stop everyone else from doing it.

Strike

Originally posted by Asmodan

I've never said they wouldn't be useful of over-equipping even if/when this patch goes in.

What I DID say was that they are utterly useless as 'emergency damage' buffs, which is what 99% of people keep trying to say we should be using them for.

I just want to illustrate exactly how screwed up wrangles are for anything but over equipping.
    Your right... at lower lvls they are useless. So are many other buffs.... look at riding shotgun....wow what a huge help!!

At higher lvls they are not though. Wrangles in team can greatly boost damage output of a team.
    Undercover Soccom Brother

Blackness confirmed!!
    Welcome to the Brotherhood.

Buying ql 161 Art of Peace nano

Talking I did what you told me to do...

Just a final note to Dripper : since you told me to 'keep on reading' because you saw MOST of the posts about 14.2 disagreed with it and I wasn't so sure, I took 5 threads (3 with titles anti-14.2 and 2 with pro-14.2 titles, and taking preferably threads with a maximum of responses) and counted the pro's and against 14.2.
    The threads are "OE-do not touch it!", "Message to the displeased", "14.2 patch...if...i'm gone and many more", "You have GOT to be kidding me!" and "14.2 notes=my cancelled subscription tonight". I took the liberty of placing people that were in favour of OE-regulation but not as it will be implemented with 14.2 in the 'against the patch' part. The results are 62 pro's and 27 against 14.2 patch. You can verify if you like, maybe I missed 1 or 2 posts somewhere but I don't feel like doing it all over again to double-check. So, seems to me that there is a speaking majority to add to the silent one I mentioned above. Of course I counted each player only once. If you don't bear this in mind you will of course find a bigger number of anti-14.2 posts because usually the people that are pissed off tend to post several times as for the others it's not the case (or at least not in the same proportions).
    But if you see a thread that you think is representative and which I didn't count please feel free to inform me and I'll update the results.

traders having useless nanos that nobody will pay for..... hmmm i have only been payed for a gridspeed buff once and i tried to refuse payment... have never payed for essense iron circle or any buff like that... never payed for feline grace... never payed for a subcon... never payed for anything other than a wrangle hmmm....

Traders themselves have told me that the high prices for wrangles are to keep everyone in the zone from asking them to wrangle constently and even if you cant OE at lower levels at high levels you can still get 80% skill without the 132 wrangle so this doesnt effect higher level characters at all, it keeps wrangles being used on the respective levels it doesnt make them useless.

I can believe traders complain about this patch it makes them pvp gods and they are the only ones who dont see it, or wont speak up about it rather.

Melbringi 90 Clan Fixer RK2

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast