Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: overequipping - DO NOT TOUCH IT !!!

Originally posted by Irritated

Your right... at lower lvls they are useless. So are many other buffs.... look at riding shotgun....wow what a huge help!!

At higher lvls they are not though. Wrangles in team can greatly boost damage output of a team.
    Yes, but where do you define 'higher levels'? An 82 point wrangle is like QL 120ish nano and plugged into those number still generates almost no benefit to a group. Now add in the fact that the OE patch will lower the average damage of a group it pushes the 'higher level' even higher.

If that's what they intended wrangles to be used for I'd like to seem them actually be useful before level 150.
    Fausto "Dealbreaker" Age

Originally posted by Asmodan

Yes, but where do you define 'higher levels'? An 82 point wrangle is like QL 120ish nano and plugged into those number still generates almost no benefit to a group. Now add in the fact that the OE patch will lower the average damage of a group it pushes the 'higher level' even higher.

If that's what they intended wrangles to be used for I'd like to seem them actually be useful before level 150.
    Well wrangles are useless at the moment because everyone can over-equip so high. I have a soldier that has had a ql91 nova flow on since lvl 36.
    A wrangle of 20 something is not going to help me out in damage that much. After the OE patch goes in that extra attack rating generated by mid lvl team wrangles (50ish) can help out team damage significantly since people are going to have weapons around their lvl on. Having the 50ish team wrangle can also allow everyones over-equiped weapons to function again at their 100% rate because you could put them inside the 20% buffer zone.
    Undercover Soccom Brother

Blackness confirmed!!
    Welcome to the Brotherhood.

Buying ql 161 Art of Peace nano

Re: overequipping - DO NOT TOUCH IT !!!

Originally posted by DirX
    To whom it may concern,

I am aware of the changes Funcom wants to make in the 14.2 patch and I am most surprised that they are putting a ban on over-equipping. First of all without over-equipping a trader will be nothing more then a guy that sells some useless nano's that you will never need. Second asking for buffs has always been a great way to find friends in the game but with no more over-equipping what is the use of asking for a buff??
    Then, the in game economy. Without over-equipping why buy stuff from other people if you can get it in missions that you can actually do?? Paying a lot of money for a high QL weapon will be useless because you will not be able to use it to its fullest potential (in other words you are wasting your money). Missions will soon become a kind of shopping in which you pick a low level mission (we won't be able to do higher level missions because the chance of us getting killed with our low QL weapons when we get attacked by two mobs at the same level with similar weapons will be to great) and search for a nice weapon you can wear for that will be all that you can use. So most of the sales on weapons and buffs will collapse, then the few things that should still be sold over the shopping channel will not be bought because everyone is doing missions to get good weapons and will find most of the items they need.
    Many professions will be useless. In the buffing field all profession will be useless as you have to renew your buff every 30 minutes. Many professions that are build around using higher level weapons, including enforcers and traders, will get a huge disadvantage. MA’s who do not need any weapons and can buff the MA skill themselves will gain a huge advantage over the rest of the players. They will become kings in PvP. All the other professions though will become too predictable in any PvP fight. Not a single team will want any profession that has always been superior by getting higher Ql weapons. MP, Eng, Enf, anyone that uses some sort of a skill required object to fight will be useless.
    In conclusion I agree that over-equipping makes most of the PVP battle’s unfair and that people that know another people will have an advantage but they also have an advantage in the knowledge on how to use your IP. Are you going to give people that have another character less IP because they know how to use it?? There will always be things in this world, which are unfair and fair and there will also always be experts in area’s and beginners, but instead of taking away from the experts why not give the beginners?? Start some sort of a tutorial on what to do and how to do things in Rubi-Ka.

DirX a.k.a. SavageDirX
    sorry, i read the thread starter's post and had to reply.

you are a moron. are you a trader? do you even have any idea wha you are talking about? this is a useless post and I am sorry I bumped it.
    Frelo - Level 29 Fixer (and loving every minute of it)

Anahata - Level 110 Solitus Trader
    Khephra - Level 6 Solitus Engineer
    Zaum - Level 8 Nanomage MP
    Merkaba715 - Level 50 Nanomage NT (Sleeping till NT's are fixed)
    Dimholt - Level 10 Atrox Enforcer
    Omni
    Rubi-Ka 1

'The only ones that see the end of war are the dead' - Plato

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123