Thread: Funcom's Big Fun Event

Angry Funcom's Big Fun Event

Today I was on my way to my friends wedding out in Broken Shores. We were all dressed in the finest of Miir fashion. Half my guild was there to honor my friend and his bride. Then we got the call over the airways that there is an attack on Athens! Oh no! I said 'sorry' to my friend and his wife-to-be and issued orders to the guild to meet in Athens to defend it, even to the death. Then the real fun began! We ALL crashed! We didn't even get to see what was attacking Athens! "Oh my gosh!" I said to my blank screen, "This is sooo much fun! I wish Funcom would always stage events!" And the I rebooted my computer a whole bunch, tried to get on the game I paid for, but couldn't, and decided to read a book. YAY! Funcom events are fun! Stage more events that your servers can't handle FC. I have an idea, run RK1 on a Tandy! That way you can save more money! You can make even more money if you keep paying PC Gamer to give you awards! That way the unsuspecting gamer will sign up and you will have new customers. And you can keep these customers, they aren't going anywhere, they are LAGGED TO BAD TO MOVE, much less sit down and log out. I understand when servers go down for the occassional reboot or patch. That's ok, your sysadmins can plan for that kind of stuff and you can let us know before hand so we don't plan our own events, or try to do a mision, or try to kill something. But seriously, planning an event in a large city, that you KNOW tons of people are going to respond to and not being able to handle it on your end is really poor planning. Did you tell the sysadmins that you were going to bog down Athens? Do the event planners know how many CPU's your servers have and how much traffic they can handle? Do they know what a CPU is? Your sysadmins should at least have a logged baseline of traffic/RAM usage/CPU load. There are third party web sites that have your traffic logged! Ask them for a baseline for your systems! But I have a better idea, go run a flower stand, that way you only have to operate a calculator. That kind of technology shouldn't be too far over your heads.

-- Oh yeah, I have outsmarted your evil plans to loose my posts when I hit 'Submit New Thread'. Ctrl+C saves me yet again.

-- On a side note -- I do love Rubi-Ka and my little guys that I get to grow, when the server gods permit.

-- Funcom! Putting the FU back in fun!

Thumbs down *grrrr* iam 2 late

(times in cet)
    23:30 .... clanmate ask "go 2 the wedding it starts @0:00"
    00:15 .... new termin is sceduled 2:00
    *hunting and so ....*
    01:45 .... try 2 leave LRD. (try 3times /terminate - dont work ... i only lost my xp)
    02:00 - 04:00 .... a chaotic transfer starts .... (we stand @ the bank in NLC)
    04:00 Wedding celebration - iam in broken shores - but not at the wedding
    04:10 a ark warp me 2 the wedding .... (lol after the wedding)
    04:15 .... read some infos on the neocron page

..... this is what u call event ......????
    Destiny "Puenktchen" Grebel
    Breed: Solitus
    Profession title: Eternalist (TitleLevel 7)
    Profession: Doctor
    Level: 200 Shadowlevel: 20
    Clan: Redemption

/me hopes the 6 hour downtime will fix some of the server issues

FC Is kicking our asses

I just don't understand,

It seems the last 5 or so threads I've read have been bashing funcom (totally understandable.) So what r we still doing here? Is there no other MMORPG that will gauge our interests? The whole athens thing pissed me off too. I crashed in the middle of a huge team fight against a bunch of reds just before the event, I tried to enter athens and when the whompa finally accepted me i just stared at the open door while I "warped" there. I just gave up and turned of fmy computer as well. What can we do as paying customers to change the way funcom handles things? (short of stopping play.)

This is the first and only MMORPG I've ever played. I didn't want to get addicted but I gave up and tried the game anyway. Are any of the other MMORPG's worth playing? DAOC seems interesting has anyone played it? I don't think I'd play EQ for the simple fact its way too popular. I don't even know what I'm getting at. uh...i guess thats all I have to say!

The wedding

Booom-- I talked to Techrapid about his wedding. He said it went well and was a nice ceremony. Unfortunalty the turnout was pethetic becuase all his friends had crashed and were offline :/ My wedding present to him is kinda ironic too. I gave him "Team Warp Time and Space Tir" so now he can warp his team and friends to Tir so they can all lag n crash whenever they want, in memory of his union with the down right beautifil Parade.
    Moral of this story -- Next time there is a Funcom event, RUN. Get as far away as posible. Stay away from civilization. Hide your children. That's kinda sad becuase I *want* to take part in this story. I want to defend cities when they're under attack. I want to play the game as intended, becuase it's a really fun game. But I know that that I will just end up feeling totally let down the next time I try to participate. Some of my guildmates organized an attack on the Juggernaut in the Omni Base below Camalot once. There were 150 people there and eventually the Juggernaut got all the way back to Camalot and laid waste to the entire town. It was great watching brave clanners respawn, turn around, and do thier 4 dimach/brawl dmg before they even reclaimed their stuffs. That was a fun event! I took six hours and many people got a chance to be a part of it. Even some people didn't want to and were taking missions at the terms, but casualties of war right? It was a player sponsored/organised event where we ended up killing the Juggernaut (after a six hour battle) and could have made the news if anyone had sat down and written an article. The reason why this is relavent is becuase it worked. It involved tons of players, of all lvls. and attack on an OMni base and the devestation of everyone in Camalot. BUt it worked! We didn't bring the server to it's knees becuase we were way out in the middle of nowhere land. So we got _lucky_ that it worked, but then again we aren't sysadmins and we can afford to rely on luck. Anyway Booom, I hope to see you planet-side somtime, maybe when Techrapid and Parade have a renual of vows? That would be nice, that way their friends would be able to be a part of the ceremony that binds them. Or maybe we can just stare at blanks screens and curse the server gods.

Camalot

... the Juggernaut got all the way back to Camalot and laid waste to the entire town ....
    i was there .. realy chaotic event

the next time u pan things like this give PUENKTCHEN leader of druckwumme a tell ....
    Destiny "Puenktchen" Grebel
    Breed: Solitus
    Profession title: Eternalist (TitleLevel 7)
    Profession: Doctor
    Level: 200 Shadowlevel: 20
    Clan: Redemption

I DID write an acritucul about it, Heck I tooked 38 screenshots, picked out three even had a layout to go with it, Seems that six hours of chaos with omni's attacking avalon left and right was not newsworthy yet TWO yes TWO mobs in Trade which took all of 2 mins to kill got its own front page story

The 2 mobs took around 1 hour to kill (seeing that they both had about 1-2 mil HP each).
    And the attack was not in Trade, but in Omni-Ent.
    k,thx
    Director "Meister"
    President, Omni-Pol
    Level 207 Omni-Tek Dictator
    Meister's Reinforced Suit - Bureaucrats may be gimps, but at least we know how to look good.
    Account Created: 2001-06-27 23:07:32

excuse me, big woop 1 mil HP? TWO MOBS ONLY!

We had Slyce taking 80,000 damage or so every two seconds for EIGHT mins, he ran away six times and the one in old athens only got to 1/3 hp after fifteen mins of shooting him as he ran around, NOT TO METION the twelve Ravangers that ran around in old athens slaughtering people lvl 70 or under, myself I managed to kill ONE of them before his six friends caught me near the mongrul meat after Slyce ran off to the wooompa, By my count Slyce had to have at least 5mil HP and one hit kills on anything below lvl 80(my lvl 69 Adv got hit for six k and Slyce killed the felmale and male high commanders in twenty seconds or less (Lag makes counting time hard)

And did it crash the server? Ours did, yet no news story

Why dont you write one up then and submit it to the News page or to AO Stratics? Preferrably with pics please
    Director "Meister"
    President, Omni-Pol
    Level 207 Omni-Tek Dictator
    Meister's Reinforced Suit - Bureaucrats may be gimps, but at least we know how to look good.
    Account Created: 2001-06-27 23:07:32