Thread: What happens to heals when crits are removed from PvP?

What happens to heals when crits are removed from PvP?

Yes, I do expect alot of flames

It seems to me that a large majority of the players wants crits removed from PvP, and some say it is not heals that is the problem, but it is crits... But when the crits are removed, how do you expect to kill a healer?

Should we make dmg 100% again? Many will say no, becuase they say it would make the nukers such as NTs to powerful... But, I am not going to argue for that... (not yet at least )

Should we make heals 50%?, Something has to be done at least, cause it will be even more impossible to kill for example docs if we remove crits and let dmg and heals stay 50% and 100%. Not only docs will be totally uber, but also advs and maybe MAs, dont know to much about MA heals, except they got a slow recharge (can the MA hit for dmg while the nano bots are recharging, not counting specials in?)

Then we have Traders, who will get a UBER boost in the OE patch when it comes to PvP... their debuffs will get extremely powerful, and totally disable all professions and their pets and nanos and weapons.... They also have the 2nd best team heals in the game, at my lvl a trader can heal for 1k dmg every 3 sec....

I look forward to some input and the general opinions of the forum posters.
    Last edited by Garzu; Mar 12th, 2002 at 20:07:55.
    NT phone HOME!!

Crits won't be removed.
    Grupurt Division 9 [RSGE] Ret.
    Second Nanomage Agent To Hit Lvl 200 on RK1

RK1

Here is what i think. Make downtime for a pvp death ZERO thats 0, doughnut, nuthin. Then swith damage back to full in pvp. pvp will become a more fast pased dynamic system than the slow tedious lame system it is now. Games like this cant handle the code required for real time shooters but without downtime you can mimic the constant action and unpredictability that they offer.

The biggest reason people hated fast deaths in pvp was the sitting around waiting to rez, just remove that you remove a problem. I used to play rainbow six multi player, one shot could kill you but it didnt bother you because matches went fast like that and you where right back in the action before long. Anyone who has played them knows that a standard first person shooter is a more satisfying pvp experience dieing and winning isnt based on the limitations of your profession its based on whether or not you managed to kill the other guy first.

I must say i miss the days on RK2 pre nerf when crowds of omni and clan would brawl it out at the 2ho grid/whompa. with grid camping fixed i feal that bringing back big damage and taking out the downtime is in order. Make pvp exciting not the dull routine it is now.

Right now i play return to castle wolfenstien for pvp simply because playing pvp in AO is slow, dull, and totally based on what profession you chose to play and weapon you use.

I like the idea of 100% damage more than 50% healing, if crit chances are reduced dramatically, to less than 25% of their current frequency, then I think 100% damage could work.

I also think aimed shot or rifle crit damage should be re-evaluated in favor of the agent if such a change were to happen.

I thinkt he big pvp issue with the OE effects coming up is traders as Garzu said... Think about how the trader is the bandwagon class right now, everyone rolled a trader or at least a ton of people. As it is now, traders debuffs are incredibly huge, and they STACK, you can easily be hit for -300 to weapon or nano skills even on mid levels which is freakin insane. Not to mentiono they can heal themselves, and they have green weapon skill int he most overpowered weapon in the game, which they can overequip to no end and keep their attack rating huge with debuffs. As they stand now.. they are the most dominating force in pvp. Now lets throw in the OE patch:

Cons: Traders can no longer overequip as much, well not that that matters, no one else can either, except the fact traders will still be using ql 150 guns on lvl 80 because if they have their debuffs stacked and running like they always do, their att rating will be so high they wont suffer the negatives the patch will bring about.

Pros:

a) The fact alone that while all other profs will be nerfed in the patch with the exception of those who choose not to use weapons, traders will remain as uber in this aspect as ever, which is an enormous advantage in its own.

b) The ransack and debuffs lines wiell become SO much more powerful in pvp it will be ridiculous. That -300 to your attack rating will make you do 25 dmg on level 100 against the trader who is still critting you for 1300 each hit and healing.

c) Traders vs nano classes will be the same, since nanos "overequipping" will act the same after the patch, doesn't change the fact that even now a trader vs an NT = a dead NT 99% of the time.

d) Their heals, since overall dmg from other classes will be reduced will put them among the club of healers (MA, Adv, Docs) who will become infinately harder to kill with the overequipping nerf in place.

e) Althought I have no sympathy for the MPs the fact that after this patch both MPs, Engys and crats will have their pets utterly disabled, including the heal pets i believe, by one single spell cast by a trader is just unreal.

I hope funcom can see what this will do the the "balance" of pvp. I never scream for a class to be nerfed, I try to present soloutions that will fix other classes to meet their level instead, but since funcom is insisting on adding this OC nerf then I will let out the most relentless fury of nerf posts and whines against traders it will make their heads spin, and I imagine many others will too.

Traders are too god damn strong as it is, you are effectively doubling or even TRIPLING their power in pvp by doing this, not to mention they will be much more effective in a gorup than a soldier once everyone realises the trader is the only one in the group with a really overequipped weapon, not like now while everyone can OE with ease.

Just my 2 cents.

If you don't like my opinion, call the Whaambulance.