Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: MA Crit Buffs

Question MA Crit Buffs

Is anyone else sick of mentioned <class> critting 5 times in a row in pvp. Mabye its time for MA crit buffs to become self only... Wondering what everyone thinks of this. Essentially I find traders to be way overpowered with crit buffs and scopes in pvp. Also I am curious how the ransack deprive lines will work with the OE patch coming out.

I ask this because traders in pvp are sceaming for a nerf and I do not want to see shotties dumbed down. I play a trader and have enough dmg output problems without needing reduction in my gun performace. I think its time to redo crits in AO. When crits become the main stay for dmg output a problem exists. I do not think funcom intended this and would hate to take a hit on the pve side.

And why do MA's use scopes... Scopes are for guns but I hear that the MA class still get the crit bonuses off of them. Is this silly or is it just me.

Please give me some input. I have already decided that pvp is whacked and plan not to participate in it anymore. Its either kill or be killed in 3 hits vs the old pvp 1 hit rules. Not much has changed or will change anytime soon, even with patch 14.2.
    Last edited by Mistell; Mar 12th, 2002 at 19:08:06.

The entire critical hit system is bugged to hell.

They need to hire a competent developer to look through the code and move the decimal places so that a 14% gain isn't 14000000%

Snarf
    Snarf: Level 165 Atrox NT

"At one time you were maybe a little useful Snarf. Now you're just being annoying." -- Hawkman

"Well one guy said Atrox was the worst breed for the NT. The other guy said......'You tell that to Snarf....he'll kick your arse!' You are a NT Rockstar!" -- Hemicuda

"Snarf, Snerf, Nerf. It's YOU that brought nerf to NT's you you!" -- Rhayden

"Snarf cuts to the core of the problem like a chainsaw to a bunny rabbit." -- Deaddreamer

I dont know about making the MA crit buff self only simply because i have known a high level ,126 or so i think, Martial Artist. Thier damage is being a bit fixed but one of the big reasons they are wanted in groups and such is the crit buff. goes like this...

[Team] [guywithshotgun]: do we have a MA?
    [Team] [otherguywithshotgun]: no
    [Team] [notherguywithshotgun]: sucks dont it?

The problem is not the ma crit buffs its the weapons that are being combined with it. i propose 2 fixes to the problem that exists.

1. Nerf Shotguns as most every ranged class is currently better off using a shotgun over thier prime weapon type both ip wise and damage wise, at least as far as pvp is concerned.

Alot of people may complain about it but after overequipping gets nerfed we get ip resets so there isnt any reason to complain just use another weapon

2. If it allready isnt there each profession is assigned a base critical chance that is appropriate for that profession. A trained sniper or soldier is obviously going to be better skilled using a weapon than a shop keeper or a doctor would be able to. Just like a martial artist would be better using his fists than a robot tech. So what i propose is to have the base critical chance of some professions reduced in comparison to other professions. Sure a weapon could be really good when you crit but it just doesnt make sense that any yahoo picks up a gun and can mystically smite people at will all the time.

Before the damage nerf crits where not a big deal but now fights last so long that its the major determining factor.

I am a fixer that duel wields gamma ejectors for the radiation ac damage i can pop off hits that are about 150 radiation damage in pvp if the target doesnt have radiation strong armor, sometimes higher hits if they arent very well equipped, i can burst them down to half health if thier rad ac is just plain weak but what i cant do is stand up in a fight against any shotgun wielding class with a heal of thier own crit buff or not. I do huge volumes of base damage but it doesnt matter. Any class, especially ones that have the ability to heal and stretch out the fight equipped with a shotgun will win the fight plain and simple.

oh and also no shotgun should have a range over 15 they are shotguns and plenty of them have better ranges than some sniper rifles.

Martial Artist crit buffs may need to be toned down a bit and not give as much of a % to crit but they shouldnt be ma only without a nerf to shotguns because if it does go ma only i predict an eplosion of MAs in the backyard with shotguns.

Melbringi 85 Clan Fixer RK2. Do not complain about damage output until you play a fixer or a ma is what i say.

You want to nerf shotguns and claim that...

we can just use IP reallocation to take up a different weapon?
    Is this what you're suggesting to Traders who only have ONE weapon skill green enough to bother using? Nerfing shotguns would make playing a Trader near impossible.

Originally posted by Melbringi
    I dont know about making the MA crit buff self only simply because i have known a high level ,126 or so i think, Martial Artist. Thier damage is being a bit fixed but one of the big reasons they are wanted in groups and such is the crit buff. goes like this...

The problem is not the ma crit buffs its the weapons that are being combined with it. i propose 2 fixes to the problem that exists.

1. Nerf Shotguns as most every ranged class is currently better off using a shotgun over thier prime weapon type both ip wise and damage wise, at least as far as pvp is concerned.

Alot of people may complain about it but after overequipping gets nerfed we get ip resets so there isnt any reason to complain just use another weapon

2. If it allready isnt there each profession is assigned a base critical chance that is appropriate for that profession. A trained sniper or soldier is obviously going to be better skilled using a weapon than a shop keeper or a doctor would be able to. Just like a martial artist would be better using his fists than a robot tech. So what i propose is to have the base critical chance of some professions reduced in comparison to other professions. Sure a weapon could be really good when you crit but it just doesnt make sense that any yahoo picks up a gun and can mystically smite people at will all the time.

Before the damage nerf crits where not a big deal but now fights last so long that its the major determining factor.

I am a fixer that duel wields gamma ejectors for the radiation ac damage i can pop off hits that are about 150 radiation damage in pvp if the target doesnt have radiation strong armor, sometimes higher hits if they arent very well equipped, i can burst them down to half health if thier rad ac is just plain weak but what i cant do is stand up in a fight against any shotgun wielding class with a heal of thier own crit buff or not. I do huge volumes of base damage but it doesnt matter. Any class, especially ones that have the ability to heal and stretch out the fight equipped with a shotgun will win the fight plain and simple.

oh and also no shotgun should have a range over 15 they are shotguns and plenty of them have better ranges than some sniper rifles.

Martial Artist crit buffs may need to be toned down a bit and not give as much of a % to crit but they shouldnt be ma only without a nerf to shotguns because if it does go ma only i predict an eplosion of MAs in the backyard with shotguns.

Melbringi 85 Clan Fixer RK2. Do not complain about damage output until you play a fixer or a ma is what i say.

Currently shotgun is BEST weapon. It must be not that way. All we want is to nerf shotgun to other weapons lvl.
    So trader (and any prof with shoutgun) will do good dmg, but NOT uber.

Er

At lv 104 my trader could not do solo missions at all easy without crit buffs. I had gimped myself with trade skills... If a general shotty nerf goes into effect Im all for it on one condition. That classes that are suppose to use shotties (traders) get a trader only shotgun weapons line.

I still think crit buffs need to be nerfed along with it to balance out pvp and class dmg output.

you complain to me about not being able to do damage solo if crits on shotguns are nerfed? give me a crit buff give a trader a crit buff see who wins duel gammas versus an ithica same level.

complain about dark blue attack skills look at all of the fixers nano skills then say a fixer can survive without a hot and we will scream bloody murder, for pvp fixers dump dark blue for suppressors at high levels along with dumping on dark blue nano skills so why is having to up dark blue on your side such an injustice?

Traders have buffs that fixers should have (complit) your a shop keeper not a computer hacker. You get a remote grid entry nano. you get roots you get so much and we get squat then you complain when someone mentions nerfing? the spoiled 12 year old brat mentality has overcome you.

instead of thowing a fit why dont you guys ask for higher base damage in trade for lower crits you could solo just fine. the point i am making is that classes other than traders are upping dark blue skills to use a shotgun because its still better than thier greens and lt blues and thats just wrong.

Guess someone did not read my first post. I have played fixers to high lv and this isnt about fixers fyi. It is about crit buffs that i think should be self only. I am for a nerf on crits. My 2nd post was about how I had gimped myself and know that changing base dmg with shotties is stupid.

And lets try not to make this into a flame. Thanks.

Mistell

my response was to Zuleica and this statement...

"we can just use IP reallocation to take up a different weapon?
    Is this what you're suggesting to Traders who only have ONE weapon skill green enough to bother using?"

the problem is that pvp shotguns are so uber its stupid, with all the stacked debuffs you guys get after the OE nerf you guys have the potential to school even more than before.

By bringing up fixers dark blue hell i am simply comparing my chosen profession to show that Zuleica's arguement about dark blue combat skills is weak.

The fact is crits are not the problem as much as the weapons are and if a weapon is good enough for almost every ranged class in the game to use over thier green skill its too powerful. If traders where better off upping dark blue to use a chem mausser it would be equally as stupid.

Changing base damage on shots is stupid huh? well my base damage on a gamma is 15-215 if i remember right, witha whoppin (78) crit and i still school yellow monsters without crits. use a tripple jolt or something open your eyes people.

Instead of being self only, how about making it so that it only affects weaposn that do melee damage?

Oh, also shotguns should also do less damage the farther the target

doing damage farther away with a shotgun would be realistic but i doubt it is possible to code it into this game at least not easily and funcom probably wont if its not easy, making crit buffs only effect melee is a decent idea but i would also add that scopes should only increase crits for ranged people.

I have a 120 Trader and...

I use a self-equiped 200 Defender. With no crit bufs in a solo green mission I can SOMETIMES crit for 4k IF I'm running my best drain pair.

I can BARELY survive a green mission solo. I hardly EVER solo any longer because it takes SOOOO long to finish a mission and at a huge risk.

If you decrease the damage output of pure shotguns I'll likely never be able to solo a green mission again. Nice, thanks so much for the fun-giving suggestion.

Originally posted by Chromatorg
    Currently shotgun is BEST weapon. It must be not that way. All we want is to nerf shotgun to other weapons lvl.
    So trader (and any prof with shoutgun) will do good dmg, but NOT uber.

Quite honestly I suck at PvP and don't really find it very enjoyable...so...

I fail to see why my enjoyment of this game should get thrown in the toilet because of PvP which I don't give a rats toosh about.

If you want to fix PvP problems PLEASE let it NOT affect my game-play.

my response was to Zuleica and this statement...

"we can just use IP reallocation to take up a different weapon?
    Is this what you're suggesting to Traders who only have ONE weapon skill green enough to bother using?"

the problem is that pvp shotguns are so uber its stupid, with all the stacked debuffs you guys get after the OE nerf you guys have the potential to school even more than before.

By bringing up fixers dark blue hell i am simply comparing my chosen profession to show that Zuleica's arguement about dark blue combat skills is weak.

The fact is crits are not the problem as much as the weapons are and if a weapon is good enough for almost every ranged class in the game to use over thier green skill its too powerful. If traders where better off upping dark blue to use a chem mausser it would be equally as stupid.

Changing base damage on shots is stupid huh? well my base damage on a gamma is 15-215 if i remember right, witha whoppin (78) crit and i still school yellow monsters without crits. use a tripple jolt or something open your eyes people.

Melbringi, perhaps YOU should ask for an IMPROVEMENT in your class...

INSTEAD of a nerf to OTHER peoples classes.

I REALLY hate people that have to find their benefit from other's misery.

you complain to me about not being able to do damage solo if crits on shotguns are nerfed? give me a crit buff give a trader a crit buff see who wins duel gammas versus an ithica same level.

complain about dark blue attack skills look at all of the fixers nano skills then say a fixer can survive without a hot and we will scream bloody murder, for pvp fixers dump dark blue for suppressors at high levels along with dumping on dark blue nano skills so why is having to up dark blue on your side such an injustice?

Traders have buffs that fixers should have (complit) your a shop keeper not a computer hacker. You get a remote grid entry nano. you get roots you get so much and we get squat then you complain when someone mentions nerfing? the spoiled 12 year old brat mentality has overcome you.

instead of thowing a fit why dont you guys ask for higher base damage in trade for lower crits you could solo just fine. the point i am making is that classes other than traders are upping dark blue skills to use a shotgun because its still better than thier greens and lt blues and thats just wrong.

Melbringi, my FIRST character was a Fixer...

my second was a Trader. NOW I play a MA that dual-wields Zeniths (so don't tell me about sucky damage...I CHOOSE sucky damage with the Zeniths).

I STILL don't agree with you that the solution is to nerf OTHER classes. Try making suggestions to make Fixers BETTER, not others worse off.

The NTs still aren't happy with the fact that OE will be drastically reduced with 14.2. So they want to get rid of the crit buffs.

Crit buffs are like any other buffs. If the crit buff is made self only, they mind as well make the HP buffs self-only, AC buff self-only, HE self-only, as well as every other buff out there.

Just make crits not work in pvp. Pvm would remain the same, problem solved.
    It shouldn't be hard to code.

You mean remove crit buffs from PvP or crits in general from PvP? If you removed crit buffs from PvP, the system should remove ALL outside buffs from your character when you enter a 25% or 0% zone, unless you're teamed. If you remove crits in general from PvP, this would weaken a lot of weapons and give a huge advantage to nukes (NTs, MPs, and Crats).

I fail to see the bug in the crit-code.

UVC=+24%
    ql200 scope=15%
    base critchance=3%

Without Take The Shot, without considering low duck-exp vs. high attackrating that person got total of 42% chance of critting with a shotgun. Well, thats kinda like every second hit. So where is the bug?
    ~Lone

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast