Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Some things about the soldier class

Re: Some things about the soldier class

Originally posted by ULTRA1
    -Higher consistent average damage (not as high as a MA or enforcer, but higher than where its at now)
    Aw, pleases dont mention ma's and enforcers in the same line. Enforcers generally outdamage ma's by far. And so does soldiers actually unless they are using weapons with ql lower than their level.

-Filik.

Only in the last few levels I felt the need to come here and bump this thread. I used to do pretty well, I could solo 1 orange np and if they were the weak ones and I was lucky with my alpha strike I could solo 2. Lately (I am lvl 83 soldier BTW and I keep my stuff updated using ql 90-125 implants, ql 137 nova, ql 95-110 armor plus primus decus coat) I am having troubles with 1 yellow/orange and can already see that when those will become green I will still have the same troubles. Monsters just seem to get more power in a exponential and not progressive way, so their AC goes sky up and their hp as well. They also hit much harder and faster. I know this is true for all classes but I speak for soldiers here so what do we need ?
    Take away that delay in switching weapons, it was intended to balance out pvp but it is already balanced now. We relay on how fast we can kill the mob since we have nothing else then the alpha strike to play with, now to make us playable at higher level again you have either to give us back our uber burst and fullauto or at least take away the delay so we can switch faster and we won’t have to stay like 20 seconds like sitting ducks. I believe the latter choice is the right one, even because that will solve many bugs that affect our class, like the “please wait” and “ cant reload weapon“ ones.
    Take a look at our nanos. At the moment I raised the mastery line to be able to use AR mastery and will keep raising it for RE mastery (not really worth it since it only raises our attack rate a bit and eats many NCU’s) and riot control , nothing else in this line worth the IP’s. I refuse to spend IP’s in our hp buffs and AC buffs couse they are ridiculous. The shields line …. I could use MKIII thanks to my coat, should I use a tank armor (wich just looks wayyyy better heeh) I had to use MKII, the reflection ones are worthless since the max damage reflected is hard capped. They should reflect 2 or 3 times that max damage at least to be worth. A decent healing nano line would help but maybe it would also change the entire class design. I would rather prefer if you make the existent ones worth the IP,s needed to use them, like giving us some SERIOUS AC and HP buffs (shouldn’t we be some kind of tanks ?), some more useful buffs in the mastery line (nothing between AR mastery and riot control), give us back the pre-nerf reflection shields and let us use MK with tank armor.
    Oh some new AR weapons would be sweet hehe now nova’s are the only proven viable ones. Maybe one that has similar delays (slightly faster since we have to reload) to sledgehammers and that hits as hard as they do, but that also has at least a 20 ammunition clip. It could give a meaning to the heavy weapons skill

Solo

I just want the BUGS dealt with

So much of this discussion is based on opinions about how funcom should do things. But I'd just like the FACTS responded to.

Funcom changed the soldier model and then changed the combat model without undoing the nerfs that were PvP oriented... so we got double nerfed.

Reloading weapons - as a Doctor I've NEVER had trouble reloading my shotgun, I don't even have trouble reloading my NovaFlow. Only my FlashPoint Laser Rifle does this and it's irritating... I run in a room with 2 red mobs and hit FullAuto - nothing happens and I stand there getting beat on while my FlashPoint takes it's 7 seconds to fire or worse 30 seconds to reload...

So I try to switch weapons... please wait... reloading... or no reason at all - it just WON'T switch.

I finally get some ammo in the stupid thing and run into a room and hit FullAuto... please wait for your other special to complete... HUH? The button is NOT greyed out but because I hit FullAuto with no bullets, unequiped the weapon to save my life, and I don't even get a TEXT message telling me the skill has come back - so I just have to GUESS that MAYBE I MIGHT...

Finally it switches to the Nova and I Fling and then Burst ... for 34... o JOY! Next thing I know I'm staring at a reclaim terminal.

I can PLAY my doc because I KNOW if I Dot - the mob will be poisoned. If I DD - I may fumble (rare) but it'll TELL ME and I'll run it again. When I HEAL myself - I will ACTUALLY heal myself - and all the time I pray for a critical hit and I usually get at least one every other fight or so.

My soldier goes DAYS without a critical
    My soldier looks AWESOME in tank armor but I can't buff myself (I use deflect shield) with it on because of the nano cost - I don't have that much in my entire nanopool...
    My soldier may or may not be able to reload her weapon - so I'm Forrest Gump in Vietnam --- Run JAELLE Run ---

What I love about the soldier...
    I like being solitus
    I like str/sta armor and tank armor looks
    I like all the hitpoints
    I like the concept - playing with guns - and switching weapons

What I hate
    BUGS - I'm not asking for much... I'm not even asking to be the best damage dealer on the planet... just the elimination of the crapshoot - the idea that if I equip a weapon it SHOULD fire when I pull the trigger...

Soldiers

It really ticks me off when ignorant people try to rant down the soldier class.

Rant : Soldiers are too good in PvP. Even with their 40% capped damage and MK Shields, they need to be nerfed down.

Reality : Most people don't take into consideration that our specials DON'T do 40% of their health. Ignorant people just assume this because they read it from Funcom. Well listen up newbs, and take notes

- Specials do NOT do 40% life damage. In case you haven't noticed, EVERY Assault Rifle that a soldier uses deals out ENERGY damage. Do you realize that ENERGY damage is one the HIGHEST ACs EVERY single person has? So, because of this, our specials ONLY do 10-20% life, given if our specials dont crap out on us (which they do)

- Other than Burst/Fling/FA, a soldier has NOTHING. Do you understand me? Nothing. Once a soldier's specials are used up, they are a complete waste in PvP. Novaflows has to be one of the most pathetic "constant" damage weapons ingame. I normally get 70% shots that are lower than the medium amount of damage that they SHOULD be doing. Take this into consideration with the 50% damage in PvP, and you have yourself one weak ass pathetic character.

Reality : Our MKShield is the ONLY thing that keeps us alive for more then 5 seconds in a PvP duel. EVERY class has healing capabilites, yes, every. Agents can FP to Fixer and use a nice HOT, or an Enforcer can Mongo Slam! or Mongo Bash! for a good 1,000 HP HOT. Notice how soldiers get ONE healing spell; something that only heals for 300 points and poisons the soldier with a DOT ..this is just pathetic.

I know Funcom is SLOWLY working on improving every class (with MPs being the first and Crats coming in second) but please, PLEASE improve the Soldier class next. I'm sick and tired of not being able to solo in PvM and getting my ass kicked every single time in PvP. At least post a thread about what you're going to work on so I can know if I have to re-roll my level 112 soldier into a MP or MA or whatever the hell class is next in line to become uber.

Angry Increase minimal damage

Why on earth would a ql1 to 200 Nova Flow has the same min damage of 1. Do you guys at funcom know how irritating it is to fight an even con monsters and do in the damage range of 28, 40, 30 , 35 , 8 and, if you are lucky you get the 1 damage(sarcasm) hit using a ql 180 nova flow. Give me a freaking break.

I dont see how nova flows are even over powered, I say they are under powered. Sure it has burst and fling; whoopie do there. The burst will never do more than the normal crit of the gun and fling shot just plain sucks.

If I had my choice on selecting a weapon I would of chosen a Shot Gun with high crits. I've seen a ql 180 shot gun crit for 3600 damage while my nova crits at max 1900. Heck I would give up my Burst and fling for that.

Its kinda late for me to switch weapons now, since I wasted all my IPs into equiping the Nova Flow.

Instead of screwing the soldiers even more try doing something beneficial or have you guys never heard of that word.

Fenlore
    Soldier Lvl 113
    RK1
    Last edited by Fenlore; Dec 14th, 2001 at 01:27:22.

LOL go do a ql180+ mission and shoot at some Master Ace and Really Mean soldier and NT classes. This is the damage output you will see with a 750 attack rating and a ql188 nova flow at level 113

you hit master laser sniper for 1Pt energy damage
    you hit master laser sniper for 1Pt fling shot damage
    you hit master laser sniper for 3Pts burst damage
    you hit master laser sniper for 1230Pts energy damage (oh yay a crit!)

what about giving us a decent damage buff as well ? All we ahev is a +10 while I know traders have a +14 and fixers also have one higher then ours, aren't we supposed to be the damage dealers ? we should have a + 20 later on ....

Solo

Ouch just noticed we have something like that, eleopolis of the besieger is called. + 22 damage 658 MM 622 MC, give us something in between eheh
    Last edited by Solo; Dec 14th, 2001 at 10:58:57.

now I am a 113 soldier (I use a gamabeamer and not a novaflos) .

1. I NEVER USE FA ANYMORE
    FA BITES ARSE because when I use it I use ALL the ammo then I have to reload before I can swich. If I go into a fight an use fa first and run out of ammo I DIE before I can switch weapons. OHH but wait what about your MK... LOLOL MK with tank?? are you nuts?? I REFUSE to wear a damn coat. I like tank it looks cool and I am going to use it. Tank should do less to nanos an be made enf and soldier only.

2. NANO LINE
    We have one of those?? really?? ohhh yeah that pathetic thing is what you call a nano line? Those reflect sheilds do look nice I have to admit it but I HAVE NO IP LEFT so I use nano lines WAY under my lvl. now WTF is up with the monsters relfect hitting me for 3x what mine hits him for? and I can't cast some of the ones I use because I DONT HAVE THE NANO NOR THE IP TO UP MY NANO POOL.

3. WEAPONS
    our guns SUCK THEY SUCK that is all there is to it. A soldiers best friend in battle should not be a damn sheild it should be his gun. A soldier should LOVE his gun that is what a soldier is a gun lover. Well my soldier hates his guns, the thinks they suck and would wrather run up there with the hammer he uses to build his house but wait... he can't use it so he just walks around rubika pissed.

We cannot do missions solo, we cannot do damage, we cannot take damage. WTF am I supposed to do?

Funcom please let me know straight out if the soldier class was ment to just piss people off.

I know this is a hella lot ruder then I am but I am just loosing it now.

Unhappy

Yes, let us know if you're ever going to fix the soldier. That way I can start over now, no biggy, my soldier's not much good at making money but the little bit I make is still more than enough to start an enforcer with kickass equipement. Or maby I'll go trader, or heck, I could go doc and do better at combat. Or perhaps I'll fire up a crat, after all they're getting the luvin next and from the way you overluved mp's into gods the crats (all three of em) are probably praying for the same treatment. Cause if the soldier's are never going to get any attention then I'd like to know so I can start a new toon now.

LOL going to say it one more time for the record

IN the year 38,000 only a SUCKER brings a GUN to a FIST FIGHT.

You'd think with 36k years to play around with guns they'd invent a gun that could kill someone in less than 20 shots (or in the case of master laser snipers less than 8000 shots).

Honestly, maybe it would be better if funcom stopped trying to disguise a Sword and Sorcery combat system in a package of the futar. The current combat system is exactly like every other fantasy sword and sorcery combat system. I'm not even suggesting they change it, just stop trying to disguise it. The deception is very aggravating to people who make a decision to play a class based on reasonable assumptions of what 38k years in technological advances to weapon systems should bring. In 38k years what do you think will have seen more innovation, a sledge hammer or a support beam or guns? Obviously the answer is the sledge hammer, beam or just bare fists.

The soldier class needs to be renamed Archer so people who come into the game know what kind of class they are starting. They aren't SOLDIERS, they are the medium ranged Archers, like the Amazon in Diablo II. In fact, why not get rid of guns all together and just give them bows and cross bows.

a bump couse if we don't rise our voice high they wont hear us !

BTW I still thing there are 2 classes taht needs more love then we need (fixers and adventurers) but we are the good 3rd and this has not been even noticed by Funcom.

Again :
    take a look at our nanos, hp line is redicoulos, AC line SHOULD be the best of all classes now it is not worth the IPs, shields line remove the hard cap from reflection shields (let them reflect a % of damage as they were used to) and lower the cost of MK so we can use them with tank armor once more (yes coats look ugly and are not for soldiers but they are too good so I use them. Cmon the 2 coolest piece of armor in game, tank and battlesuits, are utterly useless !!!). Give us other damage buffs between the +10 and +22 points ones, we should be the masters of damage.

fix the bugs about reloading and switching weapons, maybe it is enough to take away the delay for switching weapons couse it was intended to balance pvp (no more need) and all the bugs started when it was introduced.

Solo

P.S. I know I posted this on a thread on the soldier board as well, but here it is used for the same purpose ... BUMP

Angry bump

Cz...Cozmik....anyone?? Funcom?? Does anyone moderate these forums?

70 Replies

Not even a sticky thread.....NOT EVEN A FREAKING RESPONSE!!!

Mr. Cz, Mr. Cozmik...I assume either you don't care about our plight or aren't even reading these threads. We are paying custmers and we deserve a response.(and from the activity on this thread, I think we deserve more than the usual "all classes are being looked at" crap) There is obviously major problems with the lame archer...errrrr Soldier.....money, time thats all we are wasting here, no big deal.

Come on, show some respect please.....We are not asking too much
    Gonzorage 220/27/70 Keeper - Circle of Notum
    Klonopin 220/30/70 Crat
    Myham 219/26 Engie

"It never got weird enough for me"
    Dr. Hunter S. Thompson 1937 - 2005 RIP

Anger

Cz, Cosmik - Do something you fools

With all of our frustration,
    all of our wasted time
    all of our wasted effort
    all of our wasted money

we've put into ALL of our soldiers, and you haven't posted a SINGLE reply to the 70+ posts. Hell, even a simple "hmm" would be fine, I would at least know you're reading this.

You have to understand. We're PAYING for something that gets us frustrated and angered, and to have the people we're PAYING do absolutely nothing is a complete joke.

Cz, Cosmik, with being a level 120 Soldier as my ONLY character, I have some outstanding and remarkable ideas for the Soldier class, but Im not going to waste my time and energy posting it unless you give me some sort of acknowledgement that you're reading our posts and that you actually give a damn about us.
    Last edited by Zeth; Dec 21st, 2001 at 11:18:37.

LOL go do a ql180+ mission and shoot at some Master Ace and Really Mean soldier and NT classes. This is the damage output you will see with a 750 attack rating and a ql188 nova flow at level 113

you hit master laser sniper for 1Pt fling shot damage
    you hit master laser sniper for 3Pts burst damage
    you hit master laser sniper for 1230Pts energy damage (oh yay a crit!)
    This is completely bullsh*t. I do consistent avg 200+ damage on high level mobs both with the ql180 nova i used before and the ql200 nova i use now. Dunno what you have done to your soldier but you are gimped :>

Phonokol lvl 112 soldier

dunno, u tell me, level 115, 744 attack rating. I don't feel gimped. Maybe you are just a lying sac?

Unhappy

As a lowbie level 52 soldier, I feel "good" about being a soldier however.

1. We get "good health" and Nearly Zero Healing. Most other combat classes get about the same HP and HP buffs and Heals. Why we get left out of that?

2. Burst and Full Auto need some SERIOUS WORK. I FA'ed last night for 48 Pts with my QL 64 Flashpoint. WTH is up with that? I have also noticed that the Alpha strike seems to have been "effected". When I Alpha with my Flashpoint (PvM - havn't PvPed in months) I was getting Fling - 112 Burst 456 FA - 48. I thought it was just a "one time thing" but the other day the same thing happened and I FAed for 52. I know a lot of soldiers out there have given up on FA but if anyone still uses it have you noticed this? If I just FAed with no Fling-Burst I Full Auto for 600-1100 easy. I don't get it?

3. Tank armor needs either a) 2x the ACs or b) no nano penalty and become soldier/MA/Enforcer only or make a soldier only line of them. Coats are ok with my female soldier but she would “prefer” to be more soldier-like.

That's what I have to say...hope things can be improved soon

dunno, u tell me, level 115, 744 attack rating. I don't feel gimped. Maybe you are just a lying sac?
    Let's team up and we'll see who's the lying sac.. If the output you posted is correct, then you are gimped. Plain and simple.

Phonokol lvl 124 Soldier

Talking This is WHINE on high lvl

I play a high lvl agent, this mean way above 100, i cant believe this is true. Well, for the first i DO agree the weapon bugs, it affect many other classes as well. But when ULTRA1 is talking about better average damage than MA i want to remind that you soldier at higher level rock da house,doin 2x more damage than we agent, about same damage as enforcer, not atrox+support beam, since brawl+support beam = more damage. Well in short terms, in your dream. Soldier DO more damage than MA at keast in PvM. The alpha strike with sunburst and switch weapon is a favorite move. Well just a thought.

People go on about how soldiers rock at high levels and expect it to justify our suckieness at low. I am not going to play a gimped toon from 50-150 just so I can become combat capable 150+. Whoopdyfingdo that we do almost as much damage as enforcers at high level, with mongo's they have what? 10 times our hps? And all that overequiping's really biting you agents on the ass now that you're 150+ isn't it, don't expect me to feel sorry for you. Dealing damage isn't enough in today's rubika, without heals we don't deal enough damage to outlast toons like the ma. BAH!

BAH I SAY!

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast