Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Thread: Some things about the soldier class

Unhappy

Originally posted by Sredni
    People go on about how soldiers rock at high levels and expect it to justify our suckieness at low.
    BAH I SAY!
    Agent can overequip at lower level but it doesnt matter above lvl 130 then u can wear all rifles with base buffs, at least i do that. We agent do akward low damage compare to soldiers and enforcers, apart the situation we twink and use pets, then we can be really hard to beat but u still do that if u use your head ( btw we goin to loose the pets, if that makes u happy). The fact that we agent have lower hp, lower ac and worse guns shows clearly with broken skills and the same bugs that u soldiers suffer from make our life a pain, makes me wonder if you have clear perspective of the problem.

So the question i have, what gun do u use? What ql of this gun? Have you study the possiblity of twink your char? Have u considered how to minimize damage upon u and maximize damage upon mob, ie have you a defined strategy how to beat the crap out of mob while solo? Do u have any questions about how i did my stuff at your lvl?

Instead of being macho and trying rinse off your frustration with such garbage as above try be constructive.
    Last edited by Seraphim; Jan 10th, 2002 at 04:32:44.

Angry

Originally posted by ULTRA1
    LOL go do a ql180+ mission and shoot at some Master Ace and Really Mean soldier and NT classes. This is the damage output you will see with a 750 attack rating and a ql188 nova flow at level 113

you hit master laser sniper for 1Pt energy damage
    you hit master laser sniper for 1Pt fling shot damage
    you hit master laser sniper for 3Pts burst damage
    you hit master laser sniper for 1230Pts energy damage (oh yay a crit!)
    BULL****, i have been playing MANY HOURS with soldier against Aces,Master,Real mean and i NEVER ever seen this behaviour before. You think u are funny?

Think i have a screen shot of it. Anyway, even if I don't I HAVE SEEN this. And so have say celesteness, filik, shani, fryli and several other people who I often teamed with, and they saw it too. Maybe it's been fixed, since it's been more than 6 weeks since I've played my 115 soldier, but that was my exact damage output against any ACE VET or REALLY MEAN SOLDIER CLASS (soldier or laser sniper) or NT class, NPC.

Anyway my account freezes tomorrow, so I won't be able to reply or demonstrate, but if you REALLY care, send one of those guys a tell and ask them. They were all well aware of it.

Exclamation

To bad your account freezes, i have heard this from other ppl and its not like this anymore. This i can assure everyone who read this. I do decent amount of damage. Sometimes your damage is reduced but NEVER more than 50% and thats SELDOM.

An agent could have just as good an AC as any soldier, the only people who couldn't are int/psy armour people, or the sense armour people. You too could go str/stam armour and twink the hell out of your armour, or go agil/str as I do and use implants and buffs to get 3k ac at lvl 97. It's been a while since I upgraded last so my ac's are probably actually pretty low for my level.

And yes, past lvl 130 when soldiers are using ql 200 weapons which agents have been using for more then 30 levels we can probably outdamage you. However at lvl 97 I'm using a ql 145 novaflow until I can find a soldier to riot buff me into my ql 170 nova. I have a 170 gamma beamer but until I redo my implant scheme I can't get that one equiped .

Anyways, we spend the ip's to have better guns. Nova uses 4 skills to equip, and I and every other soldier expect the quality of the gun to match the ip's we spend to use it, something that really is not the case. Ql vs Ql they are probably better then rifles which is why we catch up at lvl 130 plus, but the fact that you agents can overequip your rifles insanely, more then makes up for any feeblesness when compared ql vs ql doesn't it. Until lvl 130+, and again, I don't want to suck all the way from lvl 50 to lvl 130.

And there is no way to minimize damage from mobs, I take min already. I have been upping my evades to try to avoid the crits they seem to land every other shot, but it's only in the last couple levels that I've had ip's to spare. My mains uncap again in 3 levels, we'll see if evades can still be spared ip after that.

To sum it up "I" at least don't go to agent threads and try my best to drum up how great the agent is in an attempt to scuttle any help they might receive. "I" figure anyone *****ing about their proff probably know's what they're talking about and have the courtesy to not stick my nose in unless it's to be supportive.

Talking Chill down please

Originally posted by Sredni

To sum it up "I" at least don't go to agent threads and try my best to drum up how great the agent is in an attempt to scuttle any help they might receive. "I" figure anyone *****ing about their proff probably know's what they're talking about and have the courtesy to not stick my nose in unless it's to be supportive.
    Sorry to say but you are wrong, soldiers is better all way long, you are the one who speak nonsense. I have soldier friends playing with all the time, i know this by heart, enforcer and soldier atm rocks the field, and MK nano is the BEST nano in the whole game, PERIOD! You seem to lack knowledge about the guns however, my 2 cents on ask higher lvl player about advice since you seem to need some help. Last thing, why should i be supportive about things u lack knowledge about.

However, i do support some stuff regarding all bugs with guns which affect all classes heck alot.

So before this conversation is gettin to hot, step down bro, i dont wanna argue with u more.

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345