Thread: For every beginning there is an end

For every beginning there is an end

The rain insceassently poured down as Gestava swung his black Yalmaha onto the final approach for the space port.

It was your normal rainy monday. And then again, it wasn't. In the breast pocket of his newly pressed uniform lay a small non-descript chip.
    The ticket to the next shuttle launch off Rubi-Ka.

His contract with Omni-Tek was over and though he had in it an option to renew it, he had turned it down.

A gentle hiss of pneumatics as the Yalmaha settled on the ground and the door swung open.

It was over.

He stepped out of the vehicle and picked up a small suitcase from inside the cockpit.
    He had accumulated lots of items and money in his nearly two nears on the planet, but he had little need for either, instead opting to take just a few things of sentimental value with him.

As Gestava walked across the landing pad to main space port complex his white uniformed was soaked by the rain.

Tired.

Tired of the planet. Tired of the conflict wich insisted on being neither war or peace. Tired of working for a company that refused to give him the means needed to complete their orders.
    He was unsure why he had lingered here as long as he had.
    Certainly this was the first time in more than 15 years he'd ever stayed so long in one place. He'd almost considered taking up permanent residence at one point.

As he handed his ticket chip to the stewardess he chuckled to himself of the thought.
    She smiled politely and nodded for him to go through into the shuttle, turning her head after him and wondering what that middle aged man in the drenched uniform had been laughing about.

No...too long had he lingered.

A mighty roar signalled the take off as the commercial shuttle lifted its clumsy looking hull into the air.

Just before the shuttle docked with the massive spaceship waiting in orbit he cast one last glance out of the window.

Below hung the sand colored sphere of the planet. As he turned and walked through the link tunnel into the space craft he whispered to himself; "Goodbye, Rubi-Ka"

The young officer who greeted him smiled broadly, obviously waiting for him. Gestava approached him. "I assume you're lieutenant Ashcroft?" The young man nodded and extended his hand. "Certainly am. And may I say, it is an honor to have you on board Mr. Drake." Gestava smiled briefly and nodded, "Good to be on board. I've been waiting for a new employer for a long time....so...tell me what we do here in Sol BC...."

((It's been a fun ride. Well mostly at least But I have had my fill of AO. I just might possibly check out SL but I seriously doubt it at the moment. The AO "magic" is just dead to me so I'm moving on.

Best wishes to all my friends (way too many to list. You know who you are ) and good luck to FC who made the game that I've played more than anything else in my life

/salute ))

/salute back

((Good luck wherever you're going now Gestava, and by all means - have fun.

Now I can go back in my corner and weep over another person leaving. See - that's all your fault!)))
    Jen Markarian - Put the weirdness back in Omni-Mining
    Updating my stories -- 19/03/08. Going slowly, but certainly
    Anarchy Reloaded - AO webcomics for the sake of being silly

I never want to lose what I have finally found
    There's a requiem
    A new congregation
    And it's telling me: go forward and walk
    Under a brighter sky
    -- Delerium, Euphoria --

ARRGGHHH

Who's beard am I gonna pull now
    Gonna missya you ol' Omni scum

/me remembers back to the days when you had your little patrol around Ent and Baboons *sigh*

Even us neuts will missya. Another sad day
    Major "Nyadach" Prabel
    Neutral and proud of it!

((The Soldier community is going to lose a great soldier today... Have a good time man.))

get back here and give me 50!! soldier boy

jk

/waves

you be back intime for SL i hope
    Rikerstc 207 General of Ragnarok

my gimp setup

Re: For every beginning there is an end

Originally posted by Gestava
    Tired.

Tired of the planet. Tired of the conflict wich insisted on being neither war or peace. Tired of working for a company that refused to give him the means needed to complete their orders.
    He was unsure why he had lingered here as long as he had.
    Certainly this was the first time in more than 15 years he'd ever stayed so long in one place. He'd almost considered taking up permanent residence at one point.
    Across the shuttle aisle, Demona spots a few familiar faces on her way off Rubi-Ka.

On the way off the planet, she notes that many of the people she sees across the shuttle aisles are old enemies as well as old friends. But the never ending war on Rubi-Ka no longer matters, false allegiances no longer matter, and the dreams of victory and nightmares of war die as the shuttle pins her in her seat as it lifts off.

((Im gone also - Ill miss my friends in AO, but the game has become more frustrating than fun as of late.
    AO had great potential, but it never quite made it. Those who know me, know my feelings on the game, so Im going to skip the big nasty anti-FC rant. For now.))