Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: A simple Engineer request.

A simple Engineer request.

Especially with the upcoming 14.2 OE changes (which I doubt will affect me much as I solo or play with others my level, but do mean I won't be seeking outside help with buffs anytime in the future either).

Could we please see some attention sometime to the nano line for enginerrs, specifically something that boosts prime skills of ours?

I play in a team with a meta physicist and 2 martial artists most of the time. Both classes get nanos to directly boost their primary skills. Engineers mainly use matter creation and time and space, and apart from the universal +20 general buffs we get no way to lift those skills. Meta-physicists get buffs for those 2 skills, and also a healing pet AND direct damage nanos.

The martial artists in our group far outdamage us even with our bets pets going, which I have no problem with but in order to keep up it'd be nice to have some way of buffing my own skills. The MA team members are hitting for nearly the same as the highest bot I can make fairly at my level but they hit at 2 or 3 times the speed, and get brawls, special attacks and crit boosts.

I want to be self-sufficient and don't think some way to buff those 2 skills would be unfair. Metas get to. Why wouldn't engineers have a way to buff their prime creation skills also?

I don't feel underpowered compared to my team-mates, but I do find it somewhat disappointing that I am aparently the only member without a built-in way to buff my prime skills. Engineers might not be so inclined to hunt for buffs all the time from others if they had some way to do it themselves.

Just a humble request.

(PS - please, take a look sometime at the pet path code and/or get rid of those tiny square rooms with the L shaped desks. Everyone I know who plays a pet class dreads those rooms, as the pets simply can't manage to get around the desks.)

Thanks.

Talking

Bump (but not completely)!
    I play an Engie too and I agree it would be really cool if we could lay our hands on some MatCrea/TimeSpace boost (why do the MP's have it and we don't?). Of course I'm not especially complaining if we don't get it but it would be a nice addition (but other profession seem to be more in the need for some love right now).
    But I do not agree with you about the MA part. MA's are logically a damage dealing prof so it wouldn't be fair to them if FC levelled our pets to their combat skills. If they did then we would have a major death machine (cool movie by the way) at our disposal AND the tradeskills benefits.
    So a cool buff would do good but not a too powerful one.

Ghuntar, Neutral Atrox Engineer, lvl 23, RK1
    Indochine, Clan Solitus Adventurer, lvl 19, RK2

Clarification.

What I mentioned above was more to illustrate that other classes, using their own buffs, become quite able to advance their damage output, etc. I actually don't think we should do the same level of damage that a MA does either, but I do think it fair that we have some way of directly buffing primary skills used in the profession.

If the major selling point of an engineer is the bot.. why are there not nanos to raise bot-building skills?

If the major selling point of the engineer is trade skills, why are there no nanos which boost those? All we get that I am aware of are nanos to boost breaking and entry, disarm traps, chemistry, pharma tech way, WAY down the road into life a pistol/grenade boost.

There just isn't a way for an engineer to buff ANY of their really useful skills, trade or otherwise. I manage fine but don't think it's asking too much to request some possible attention to this.

Eh, we MPs uses three skills for our pets, but we get nano skill buffs for ALL nano skills.

I think I remember that engies gets buffs for skills that you use with trimmers (increased effectivness of bots) and bots can hold most buffs unlike other pets.

I guess there is good points with both professions, but in different areas. Personaly I would prefer better pet pathing, since it stinks losing pets in rooms with large stuff placed in them.

Nope. We get no buffs at all when it comes to the skills that trimmers relies on.

Those skills are: Mech engineering, quantum force field, comp literacy and nano programming.

No buffs at all. We have to ask traders for buffs to the first 3, and I believe MPs have the buff for nano programming.

The comp lit and nano programming reqs are often much lower than the mech and quantum reqs though.
    *poof*

Finally free from this nightmare!

One thing to consider is that MPs pets scale differently than Engie pets do. With my MP, the best pet I could self-buff into was not as good as the best pet I could help an engie buff into... In fact, as an MP at higher levels you can often be using a pet that's much lower level than you are if you aren't using your biggest nano skill buffs.

Just my observation.

Nopers.

Spook, unfortunately that is not the case. Engineers get NO buffs for any skills they use to make robots OR use trimmers.

Engineers only get buffs for these skills. Are you ready?

1. Breaking and Entry.
    2. Disarm Traps.
    3. Chemistry/Pharma.
    4. Ranged init. (?!)
    5. Pistol/Grenade (Woo. At 648+ skill)
    6. A few energy-weapons buffs of negligable value since the BOT is what we use to fight and they do melee damage.

Here's a link, take a look if you have a moment:

http://virral.clansupport.com/nano-buffs.html

These are the only buffs Engy's get. Our other nanos are shields of various kinds, pet creation, pet heals (Hard to find and use), and ... well, that's it. Nothing at all which we can use to lift bot creation skills or trimmer use.

Even just masteries for time/space and matter creation would be GREAT help to us.. but we do also use and need quantum FT, mech engineering, nano programming, etc.

Our nano line is bare of useful profession-related buffs, plain and simple. I'd just like to see a few in the spirit of fairness. MP's rock, I am glad to team with one since they are for some reason blessed with the buffs we need to keep being good team members.

Griemdaall, your argument is interesting but I'm not talking about other people buffing you, I am talking about you buffing YOURSELF as an engineer. Your last sentence pretty much says it all.. MP *can* cast those buffs, we don't even get a choice.

Believe me I team with an MP every time I play, her pets do the same kind of damage my bot does, I'm really not asking for anything overpowering here. Even giving us buffs that lifted the skills HALF as much as the MP buffs would be good.
    Last edited by Baka_Yaro; Mar 12th, 2002 at 22:41:18.

Wink

Thinking of it it wouldn't be too much so maybe you could squeeze a little engie-nano or two in the next Agent/Adventurer/NT dedicated patch FC?

Unhappy

Anyone thought of what will happen when we get hit by skill deprave/ransac? which is about every mission.

If we lose guard comand, all petusers are dead.

I agree with engineers being severely gimped with thenext patch. Metas seem to have all the buffs.

Nano technicians are supposed to be masters of nano robots etc. Why do metas have a 92!!!!! 92 NANO PROGRAMMING buff? They are crazy people with flying meatballs, they shouldnt do nano programming better than a nano technician.. cmon...

And they shouldnt have all the time and space and matter creation buffs either. But i guess funcom wanted them to be the best class for buffing ability.

Re: Nopers.

Originally posted by Baka_Yaro
    6. A few energy-weapons buffs of negligable value since the BOT is what we use to fight and they do melee damage.
    ENG bots actually do Energy damage, hence why we get rather nice Energy damage nanos.

Ever had your pet attack an Adventurer with absorb on?

'Someone absorbs 250 energy damage' when the pet hits em

Mobius - MA (Omni) | Crazyhorse - ENF (Omni) | Thunderfoot - SOL (Omni)

- Test Server

Really.

No kidding? I never noticed that, I'll have to give it a whirl. It's an interesting tidbit amidst all of this chatter.. but changes little.

Lightbulb A good idea

Many proffesions got mastery.
    Some in nanoskills
    Others got pistol, rifle, AR and so on.
    MA's even got their own MA mastery.
    .....and of course Traders can buff some (lol)

The next patch will make the petmakers somwhat harder to play.
    I've always used mastery when making my bot.
    This because there is a lot of MP's everywhere.

When the next patch comes I would like to se a self only buff for crats and engies.

QL 80ish
    Bot making mastery

"Enhances both the skills needed for making a bot by 50. I
    also lowers all other nanoskills by 15"

Self only, and do not stack with mastery, infuse or mochams.

And maybe at QL 130ish
    Extreme botmaking focus.

"The botmaker focuses all his knowledge on making bots, this enhances the skills for making a bot by 100. While focusing this hard on 2 skills it at the same time lowers all other nanoskills by 30"

I think it's a good and balancing idea for crats and engies.

Please give this post to the developers.
    I AM Kantarell I AM Mbutu
    Techno-Wizard is the most fun to play!

Kantarell, thats a good idea. OR maybe we could just get straight buffs ;P or items to add skill to them, not pillows. Maybe if they ever do trade skills, there could be a special thing you could add to a gun that has nano clusters of time and space and matter creation? I dunno but i really like your idea, even if i dont like lowering the rest of my skillz

What i'd like to see is nanos to boost our (im eng too ) mech.ing
    elec.ing
    quantum.phys
    and whatever skills needed to use the trimmers
    offcourse id like some thing to boost a little in our pet making skills, alltho not as powerful as MP buffs.

When i first read Gautes article i was horrified but after doing the maths it doesent seem too bad after all, i especially like the IP reset.
    Last edited by Randomguy; Mar 13th, 2002 at 14:58:23.

Hmm, Doctors have superb healing nanos, but why not give them bio and matter metamorfoses buffs for better heals? Annyone seen a +50 2-handed edge buff for enforcers? Hmm, fixers start with a +8 or so submachinegun and burst buff, why don't theye have more? Anny adventuror pistol and flingshot buff?

Soldiers have some assultrifle/ranged energy buffs I think, agent rifle and aimed shot, burocrats have a pistol buff for 30 or so I think, and then there are metas wich have all nano buffs.

Hey, us enginers don't have a +25 macrea buff, but we do have a +5 damage buff, damge and reflect shields, heck, even auras to blind our enemys!

speaking of wich, annyone think it's worth the ip in psychomodi?

Re: Nopers.

Originally posted by Baka_Yaro
    Griemdaall, your argument is interesting but I'm not talking about other people buffing you, I am talking about you buffing YOURSELF as an engineer. Your last sentence pretty much says it all.. MP *can* cast those buffs, we don't even get a choice.

Believe me I team with an MP every time I play, her pets do the same kind of damage my bot does, I'm really not asking for anything overpowering here. Even giving us buffs that lifted the skills HALF as much as the MP buffs would be good.
    Right, but what I was saying is that the MP pet is balanced differently. You summon your biggest pet with general nanos, and it will be green-orange-red depending on your level. A meta past about level 25 or so will get grey-green pets without using teachings/masteries/higher. That's all I meant. So your pets are better overall, then when you stack on the fact that your pets have more hitpoints and tend to hit faster (at least at low-medium levels) then your pets are formidable indeed. THEN you group with an MP and gain the ability to make a higher level pet, just like the MP gains the ability to use your barriers and other abilities when they group with you...

I'm just saying everyone has something they need but can't do themselves. MPs have all dark blue weapons skills, but can summon 1hb or 2hb weapons. That doesn't necessarily mean they should get a headcracker nano, it just means they need to go find an enforcer when it's time to equip....

Am I missing something?

But arent there nanos to boost MattCre and TimSpa in the general nano shop?

Agreeded they are available to all clasees, but they are there.
    Dont you think I look like Geordie from Star Trek?
    <-----------------------------------------------------------
    Actually I look more of a cross between him and Picard don't I?

Originally posted by Mudkest
    Hmm, Doctors have superb healing nanos, but why not give them bio and matter metamorfoses buffs for better heals? Annyone seen a +50 2-handed edge buff for enforcers? Hmm, fixers start with a +8 or so submachinegun and burst buff, why don't theye have more? Anny adventuror pistol and flingshot buff?

Soldiers have some assultrifle/ranged energy buffs I think, agent rifle and aimed shot, burocrats have a pistol buff for 30 or so I think, and then there are metas wich have all nano buffs.

Hey, us enginers don't have a +25 macrea buff, but we do have a +5 damage buff, damge and reflect shields, heck, even auras to blind our enemys!

speaking of wich, annyone think it's worth the ip in psychomodi?
    Agree with you completely.
    oh
    and
    NO to your last question =)
    Undercover Soccom Brother

Blackness confirmed!!
    Welcome to the Brotherhood.

Buying ql 161 Art of Peace nano

*BUMP*

At least give us something like a +40 to ts and mc.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast