Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 14.2 Overequipping

14.2 Overequipping

FC is doing this to try to balance PvP no?

To me overequipping isnt the problem in PvP its the amount of crits.

Its not like this will effect high lvl PvP anways since you are within 20% anyways.

Another failed attempt by FC and them just messing up game mechanics once again. Just pick one direction and stick with it.

Heh

There is a twofold reason they are doing this.

1. PVP - this ony affects 1-140 after 140 OE doesn't matter.

2. Casual gamers getting pissed off cause they can't overequip. I have read more threads then I care to about casual gamers complaining cause the guy that plays 80 hours a week; levels faster, does more damage, is generaly superior some how.

It's kinda sad cause I agree that crit buffs are the problem. Take them away and PVP is fine. What's funny is that people raise hell when you say that about Crit but some of those same people love the OE fix. Go figure I would think that the OE fix would be just as bad.
    Takuan
    Future Sword Saint of Rubi-Ka
    Martial Artist
    Storm

Mmmhh

They can't fix everything at the same time.

Once they reach some game balance, they can address the outside buffs issue.

First thing first

I think it's a great change as a start to get game more balanced at lower lvl.

I was thinking about starting a doc or soldier but I will wait now and maybe I will get all the fun back as I had when I was leveling my first character cuz I can't twink it too extreme and therefor go the old route with VW and that.

It will hopefully also help lower lvl PvP alot so everyone can atleast try it without having a uber twinked lvl 74 trader up thier ass

Only thing I really hope FC do is to NOT count traders debuff into OE.

That will ruin PvP for everyone.

With a 400 debuff you do 50% damage of the normal 50% so you do REALLY low damage and would be totally useless, everyone will stay close to a zone so they can run in there and wait until the debuff run out.
    Azzazzimon

Clan Apocalypse - The guild for models

Account closed.

Amen, This will be a trader god patch like no other unless something is done, i.e.:

1) don't count it (didn't think of this until I read this thread)
    2) nano resist 200%
    3) Make nano resist actually work

Of course 2) implies 3).

Anyway, traders will already be able to overequip just like we can right now, so the debuffs are just icing on the cake.

The debuffs ALREADY kill me, this will just make fighting a trader in PvP that much more of a joke.
    Katelin Arinia Rhees
    Level 220 Enforcer
    Former Enforcer Professional
    Former President of the late Midnight Reveries
    Account Created: 2001-10-08; Account Expired: 2005-02-19

Re: Mmmhh

Originally posted by Miriandel
    They can't fix everything at the same time.

Once they reach some game balance, they can address the outside buffs issue.

First thing first
    They need to implement a crit fix with the OE patch. I mean you know a lot of people will quit anyways, and you know if they nerf crits, more people will quit... why not just get things over with... take out the nerf totempole and smack us up some then when things settle all the quiters will be gone and we can get back to designing our characters around a more balanced overall system...

That's so funny....

If a trader has time to land Divest and Plunder on you before you kill it, you might have some serious damage issues

i got an idea.... how about remove debuffs from the game (NT's, MP's, docs and traders) and only allow soldiers and enforcers to take part in PvP ?

The guy who plays "80 hours a week" SHOULD be ****ing superior, why the **** else would be be playing so much? To be on an even playing field with the retard who plays 10 hours a week but lies and says he only logs in 2 hours a week he just is too much of a putz to learn how to play the game properly? I mean **** if you work 80 hours of overtime, you get paid EXTRA, if you put in 80 hours of extra work at school you get EXTRA marks, anything you put A TONS EXTRA into you get EXTRA back. Thats how life works and this should be no exception.

Sorry for saying "extra" so much, but you get the god damn point.

Originally posted by Azzazzimon
    I think it's a great change as a start to get game more balanced at lower lvl.

I was thinking about starting a doc or soldier but I will wait now and maybe I will get all the fun back as I had when I was leveling my first character cuz I can't twink it too extreme and therefor go the old route with VW and that.

It will hopefully also help lower lvl PvP alot so everyone can atleast try it without having a uber twinked lvl 74 trader up thier ass

Only thing I really hope FC do is to NOT count traders debuff into OE.

That will ruin PvP for everyone.

With a 400 debuff you do 50% damage of the normal 50% so you do REALLY low damage and would be totally useless, everyone will stay close to a zone so they can run in there and wait until the debuff run out.
    It's funny you mention this, because a number of traders were really up in arms about this fix. I always thought, even with the original concept, it was more of an over all buff to the trader class in PVP effectiveness (with a loss in some damage output). Now the new OE fix light, where there is only one penalty, not tiers of penalties, will make it so that minor over-equipping is punished, while massive over-equipping is still rewarding.

This is going to actually be a very nice patch for traders =], since the ones that PVP I know all had 180 dragons on at level 40, they won't be too badly effected by this. Heck, even if they only crit for a pathetic 2k instead of 4k they'll still take most players down in 3 or 4 shots with the UVC.

Engys will get the shaft as far as PVM goes. It won't effect them in PVP since none of them PVP past level 30 or so.

It's crits that really need to be looked at more than anything.

Re: That's so funny....

If a trader has time to land Divest and Plunder on you before you kill it, you might have some serious damage issues

i got an idea.... how about remove debuffs from the game (NT's, MP's, docs and traders) and only allow soldiers and enforcers to take part in PvP ?
    Just tell me how I could kill someone that

1) area root (I think I can be 50 metres away and still get rooted)
    2) run so only 40 metres away, debuff me so I can't stun or nuke
    3) debuff me again
    4) laught at my 3 rooted pets and to my 50% of 50% damage
    5) kill me

I guess you are a trader, so you must be really low lvl or have no idea how to play your prof.
    Azzazzimon

Clan Apocalypse - The guild for models

Account closed.

Originally posted by ULTRA1

Engys will get the shaft as far as PVM goes. It won't effect them in PVP since none of them PVP past level 30 or so.
    What about THIS ?

Granted you are right, they are few and far between, but they are out there.

Now THAT I agree with.
    Katelin Arinia Rhees
    Level 220 Enforcer

Re: That's so funny....

i have a better idea ....to remove all chars from the game exept soldiers and enforcers

Some of you I thought actually PvP but seem to have no clue.

Any class with an ithaca+scope+crit buff can win. After the OE patch as long as you can equip a ithaca that can hit crit cap can still win.

And yes Traders may actually benefit PvP wise from that patch and no you cannot be debuffed for 400 pts by a trader. 348 is the max and thats if you are able to use the 2 best Divest , Plunders in the game. Which is just about no one without climbing your ladder to get there.

I am a Trader and a Eng with a QL190+ Ithaca, 190+ Scope and LMA Running has the same chance of beating me practically as I do of beating them. Its whoever can crit 3 times the fastest.

Obvioulsy Funcom has no idea about their own game. If you made a character up to lvl100+ and wanna kick down some funds to a new low lvl guy you made and use your knowledge of the game(buffs, weapons with stats boosters, etc) to over equip your new character then you should be able to. Just cuz some newb has no clue and pisses and whines about being killed well its part of the learning process. I am sure every twink in the game has had their ass handed to them at some point in their AO career that helped them learn how to become better.

Anyways back to my original point its outsied buffs IE Crit Buffs mainly thathas destroyed PvP not over equipping.

Also for lower lvls if you dont like twinks dont spend 12 years at lvl20 trying to PvP. Level up because once you get higher up in lvls twinking doesnt matter.

Re: Re: That's so funny....

3) debuff me again
    5) kill me

I guess you are a trader, so you must be really low lvl or have no idea how to play your prof.
    haha so true, here is a scenerio i can see playing out say in 2ho.

I (150 meta) walk into 2ho and am immediatly rooted, as are my pets.

I send demon but he goes nowwhere.. all my skills are sucked down about -200 or so so i can't even nuke debuff back, or cast new pets if i had to

I can run, but i'll die without the shelter of my heal pet rooted above my head.

I stand there and take it.. getting critted for 40% of my health until belamorte's outta steam.. and im dead.

even if i managed to send the demon on a trader, he would be rooted. this might give me time to cast a debuff or two on the trader, so he can't debuff me. but then he will just use a lower lvl divest or whatnot, and proceed to crit me 3-6 x until im dead : /

oh well heh. i don't pvp anymore anyways, im so sick of it.

EDIT: OR heh if i zone, someone like jannerik will charm my demon and send it back on me when i zone back out :/ all i ask for is a tad nano resist on a lvl 200 demon.

Originally posted by Arinia

What about THIS ?

Granted you are right, they are few and far between, but they are out there.

Now THAT I agree with.
    How do you know he didn't name his pet "rookie etechie" and he is just etechie?

Hehe yes there aren't too many PVP neers tho.

It's funny you mention this, because a number of traders were really up in arms about this fix. I always thought, even with the original concept, it was more of an over all buff to the trader class in PVP effectiveness (with a loss in some damage output). Now the new OE fix light, where there is only one penalty, not tiers of penalties, will make it so that minor over-equipping is punished, while massive over-equipping is still rewarding.

This is going to actually be a very nice patch for traders =], since the ones that PVP I know all had 180 dragons on at level 40, they won't be too badly effected by this. Heck, even if they only crit for a pathetic 2k instead of 4k they'll still take most players down in 3 or 4 shots with the UVC.

I was wrong about that, it was ammended, and there will be tiers of penalties. 20% over, 25% off, 40% over 50% off and so on.

How do you know he didn't name his pet "rookie etechie" and he is just etechie?

LOL

I do remember when I took that picture was when I was L9 and was leaving the arena for the final time. I was like "Holy cow, how does he look like his BOT? That guy could kick anyone's butt! I want to reroll an eng!" Good thing I didn't
    Katelin Arinia Rhees
    Level 220 Enforcer

Originally posted by Spyder9

And yes Traders may actually benefit PvP wise from that patch and no you cannot be debuffed for 400 pts by a trader. 348 is the max and thats if you are able to use the 2 best Divest , Plunders in the game. Which is just about no one without climbing your ladder to get there.

I have had 450 taken of in 2 casts(drains), I have never played a trader to high lvl. But i asked the trader to simply cast his 2 best debuffs on me and thats what i lost. I am in favou rof the oe patch, but as it stands traders advatange will become immense. They are imho the best PVP proff as it stands at the moment, this patch has the potential to push them to a totally ludicrous level of skill. I get a lot of heat for being a pvp doc, the deabte about full heals rages on. However Traders heals at top lvl are actually the docs equvilant more or less, they don't suffer from the potentially fatal minimum heals. I heal roughly 650-1250, a trader can get consistantly 1k a heal. While a trader also has AC drains, skill drains(which both return skill and AC in the cast to substantial amounts), roots, and area roots. I'm not flaming traders, however as it stands they have the best skills to suceed, they have no true nemesis class, so I feel like making traders a factor more stronger with this patch seems like folly.

I am a Trader and a Eng with a QL190+ Ithaca, 190+ Scope and LMA Running has the same chance of beating me practically as I do of beating them. Its whoever can crit 3 times the fastest.
    Couldn't agree more with you, however this another issue to discuss i.e. crit buff balance, and because PVP is screwed in this manner it doesn't justify traders becoming god like in the next patch.

Obvioulsy Funcom has no idea about their own game. If you made a character up to lvl100+ and wanna kick down some funds to a new low lvl guy you made and use your knowledge of the game(buffs, weapons with stats boosters, etc) to over equip your new character then you should be able to. Just cuz some newb has no clue and pisses and whines about being killed well its part of the learning process. I am sure every twink in the game has had their ass handed to them at some point in their AO career that helped them learn how to become better.
    Your entitled to your 'survival of the fittest' dogma, indeed i believe it was a contributing factor in my PvP evolution. However many people who do not have our mind set will be scared away from PvP by percieving(peraps accuratley) that they have no chance in PvP, perhaps it is different on Rbk1(indeed befcause of the population it probably is) but on Rbk2the only individuals that inhabit 2ho, MMD and arena etc. are the ery well equiped, and if a newb enters this zone they have no chance. Prescious few PvP now and if it takes this OE patch to fix that, then it's fine with me. To be honest i feel the OE patch is also to do with the horrendous lack of content at high lvls, I think this a move to make us have better 'stuff' to aim for when lvling rather than attend to the fact that in a supposed story line based game there is no actually evidence of a story, and no reason to actually do anything other than simply become better equipped.
    Anyways back to my original point its outsied buffs IE Crit Buffs mainly thathas destroyed PvP not over equipping.

Re: Re: That's so funny....

3) debuff me again
    5) kill me

LOL, I expected better from you
    Anyways, since I have a meta 137 and a trader 152, we can talk about things we know.
    If you also play a trader, of course

When entering a fight, a trader isn't buffed, and has to land a Divest which will lower your skills by 198 (if it's a very high level trader).
    You have the same range as the trader, so you can land a Dominate PsyMod as easily as he can debuff you.
    Even field, excepted your demon is already attacking, and your heal pet is already healing.

If your pet gets rooted, it has nothing to do with the trader profession, roots are fairly common mind you.
    What will you do against a fixer, the most gimped profession in the game, when he roots your demon with an instant QL5 nano that only a nano shutdown can negate ?

When Curse of Cronos got nerfed (mainly because of NTs), I screamed bloody murder, but very few metas, if any, supported my complain.
    Just browse the meta and patch boards, you'll see my posts and see how people were happy about the meta getting beaten by the nerf stick. I don't remember any trader being jalous about metas though, we mind our business.

If you rely on pets to PvP, you should just ask Funcom to improve nano resist on pets (caco is QL189 I think), or give pet classes dispells for pets, but your pathetic whining about traders is just... well... pathetic.

Any class with an ithaca+scope+crit buff can win. After the OE patch as long as you can equip a ithaca that can hit crit cap can still win.
    Actually, healers will have a great advantage, they can heal between crits, and so can traders.

I got debuffed 392 points by Mrink... making all professions totally useless after the OE nerf, not only the casters.

NO, this is wrong, you can heal, the eng cannot.

Anyway, crits shlould be removed from PvP, and because of that, dmg can be 100% again, or else heals must be 50%, no way to take down a healer without crits.
    Last edited by Garzu; Mar 13th, 2002 at 02:10:55.
    NT phone HOME!!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast