Thread: 200 fps Slowdown

200 fps Slowdown

I've been noticing since the 13.8 patch a lot of times while i'm in a store my frames per second will shoot up to 200 exactly then my character will move *very* slowly, in fact it crawls. Then after a minute of crawling to the door (zone) it's back perfect again after i zone out.

System:
    P4 2.2Ghz
    512 DDR RAM
    64MB Geforce2

Any ideas on how I can remedy this? It's becoming a real nuisance, especially since it's implant shopping time! With my system specs it should not crawl like that. Also note there is nothing else running except AO & Explorer & Systray and it only happens in stores... Missions are fine also...

Thanks

When the games frame rate become significantly higher than your monitors refresh rate then problems can occur.

Funcom might want to cap the FPS of the client to max out at the refresh rate the monitor is currently configured for.

Unhappy Not it

This is a problem since 13.8 (happens to me all the time now -- especially after recieving mission item). It has been reported several times on this forum, but hasn't been fixed. Search for 'syrup movement' as an alternate name for the problem.