Thread: Adventurers simply refuse to PVP.

Angry Adventurers simply refuse to PVP.

I know I can speak for almost every SINGLE Adventurer in my guild with over 130 members.

We refuse to PVP.

Why?

Because we do NOT stand a chance at beating ANYONE but a crat.

And after your next little patch, I'm sure we won't beat them either.

How's that for a pvp-conflict.

I have a pvp rank, which I got BEFORE you nerfed pistols.

Even after you nerfed pistols, I was able to pvp a bit.

Now?

Not at all.

I wont' even go near the areas.

And this is POST 13.0.

Fix Adventurers.

Talking Eh?

I put my pistol adv to sleep. Its not fun to play. Pistols were bad already, the latest patch made it unfunny for ANY activity beside chatting. Get someone to play a pistol adv post 45 in the dev team to understand. I started a new chara....a crat ^___^
    You can say I'm a masochist but I simply dont decide the class based on how easy it is to level but on professions and abilities I like. Its up to Funcom to make them viable alternatives to Enforcers.

Val
    Xandro, neutral bureaucract

Pistols?

I suppose the problem is related to pistols, since everyone is complaining about their damage output, no matter what class. Personally I play an adventurer (lvl 50) with 2H blunt and I'm doing ok at PvP at the moment. Win 50% Lose 50%.

- Banjosammy

From what I've observed, Adventurers are the weakest profession at PVP.

I think adventurers' polymorphs need to have some major upgrades added to them which would make them better at PVP.

Perhaps the dog and panther polymorphs should do considerably more damage than they do now. One idea I've mentioned before multiple times is that the leet form could be set so you couldn't be tab targetted when a leet, due to their being so small.

Re: Adventurers simply refuse to PVP.

Originally posted by Ymodem-G
    I know I can speak for almost every SINGLE Adventurer in my guild with over 130 members.

We refuse to PVP.

Why?

And after your next little patch, I'm sure we won't beat them either.

How's that for a pvp-conflict.

I have a pvp rank, which I got BEFORE you nerfed pistols.

Even after you nerfed pistols, I was able to pvp a bit.

Now?

Not at all.

I wont' even go near the areas.

And this is POST 13.0.

Fix Adventurers.
    Sorry mate, but Adventurers (using the correct weapons) are one of the BEST PvP classes right now, not sure what game you are playing. Get off the pistols is all I can say...every class that chooses them regrets it. Basing a character on 1 weapon (ie Freedom Arms pistols) is a mistake. Even if those pistols were still widely available....they would not hold up in the long run. I personally know an Adventurer that wastes nearly anyone he comes across now....talk to Blastbark for some tips maybe.

-Fed

Yeah, was going to say.. Not the class, its the weapons you chose.

PISTOLS SUCK. FUNCOM, MAKE SOME HARD HITTING HEAVY PISTOLS.

And then voila! Whoa! Problems solved.
    Don't be lonely anymore.

Look at your post, now back at mine. Now back to your post, now back at mine. Sadly, yours isn't mine, but if you stopped trolling and started posting legitimate comments it could look like mine. Look down, back up, where are you? You're scrolling through posts, reading the posts your posts could look like. Back at mine, it's a reply saying something you want to hear. Look again, my reply is now diamonds. Anything is possible when you think before you post.

Exclamation HELP!

We all know what Pistols do (which is nothing ) for the adventurer. As i've said in many posts on many newsgroup threads, Funcom simply isn't going to do anything to fix our class when it comes to pistols. Several people have sworn that if (and that's a RARE if) an aadventurer makes it to LvL 150, there aren't any pistols that they can use PERIOD.

ATTENTION FunCom:

Since fixing the pistol problem is obviously a moot point, Isn't there ANYTHING that can be done to help the Adventurer out?

One suggestion that I have read would be an awesome (yet possibly difficult to impliment) addition: Give Adventurers the ability to summon Wildlife-related monsters to attack their enemies. I can just see the looks on their enemies faces when an Adventurer pinned down by sniper fire summons 6 or 7 high level scorpions and they start tearing the he|| out of them! I know that this wouldn't do much good in a mission but it's a thought.

Additionally, since we can't use pistols & have to dump all of our IP's into dark blue skills to wield anything worthwhile (ie; Executioners), we never have any IP's leftover for nano capabilities . Conversely, If we decide to Waste all of our IP's on nanos/buffs/implants, then we have ZERO IP's left for Weaponry. Any delicate balance in the middle is useless because then we are weak fighters who have the ability to heal JACK!!

Oh by the way, thanks for making the Concealment skill worthless even with 200 lvl concealment. Yeah I was able to hide so well during a recent conflict with Omni that I only got WAYSTED 11 times while managing to get 3 of theirs.

Since you have taken the time to patiently listen to other profession's complaints and dutifully fix theirs in numerous patches I can only assume that you consider the Adventurer profession a perfectly balanced killing/healing machine. I suggest some of your employees try one out for a month then come back and tell us the same thing with a straight face.

C'mon Guys!!

Whine Whine Whine. Pistols suck for adventurers. I figured that out at level 10. Why have you stuck with them for this long?

Adventurers are not broken are not as nerfed and fubar'd as other classes are. I play an ADV and have a great time playing him. Adventurers are meant to be a newbie class. They have easy to moderate skills to up, are given a healing program upon start up, have relatively decent shields against monsters, and are generally easy to play. They are the jack-of-all trades.

Instead of whining about how limited you are following a certain path with your character, why don't you try following another? Adventurers are given light green pistol skills, that doesn't mean they are the best with them. Try going down the 1HE path (slightly green skill), you'll have a lot more fun, trust me. Rider Executioners are wonderful to play with.

Aside from your whining about pistols, I really like your idea of summoning a monster to help fight. The only problem I can see with that is that it would make adventurers a pet-class thus unbalancing the game. Perhaps if the summoned monster acted on its own will and disappeared after a short while.

Adventurers is currently one of the best PvPers, so what are you whining about????
    NT phone HOME!!

Not to say that pistols are great but I was wielding a ql 141 knights inc pistol.....no specials.. and I was doing 1k crticals with with them.

Ever try this type of gun? I think people ignore them because of the lack of specials. I wonder what a ql 200 one would do. Possibly 2.5k to 3k critical? I also noticed that they are fast and great range.

If Adventures suck then why are they the hardest MOB to fight?

dam healing, reflex shield bas***ges...

Hmm, I dunno. I have a Rookie melee using Adventurer. I seem to do just fine and I consider myself a casual PvPer.

I haven't even tried PvP since they capped the damage. I'm sure I'd be even more devastating now because my heals are twice as effective and my low damage, very fast weapons are essentially unaffected by the nerf.

Go Adventurers!
    Last edited by Luxxan; Nov 27th, 2001 at 21:13:45.
    Clan fixer, Fourth Title

Director of Information
    Analog Myth

I'm inclined to agree that adventurers are not good at pvp - hell i try ive put a lot of ip building my heavy weapons, to use riders - BUT we dont cut it we are too average - i think we should be hard to target with our high concealment or at least the morphs we do can increase our abilities significantly - if we are meant to fight PVP in the story god help us. Our guild was made up mostly of advs and NT's - now we have had to create a new tank division (which is growing well ) just so we have a fighting chance - at least introduce team titles so we get some gain in PVP because our combination of hit and heal within a team does work well - alone pah, I can take 'crats (for the time being) and other adventurers. It's time you sorted our profession out Funcom.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Advisor Ulakai

Band of Rebels

JOIN THE FIGHT, FIGHT FOR YOUR FREEDOM

Honestly, the biggest problem I see with Adventurers (and many other combat classes) is that everyone uses the same weapons. Not because they're the best weapon, but more likely because when you were 10th level, you saw some 50th level with them and decided they must be the best.

For example, Riders suck. They're terrible. I don't understand why anyone would want to use them. No specials, slow attack speed, and huge IP investment in Heavy Weapons. Oh sure, they do a decent amount of damage, but when you figure in the lack of Fast Attack/Sneak Attack and the slow attack, they're quite crappy. And thats before you even consider all the wasted IP.

Same goes for Pistols. There are many many pistols in the game, and some of them are incredibly good. But nobody uses them for whatever bizarre reason. I see pistols I'd gladly take over my SMG even using them in one hand, if only pistol was affordable for me. There are pistols that attack fast and have insane range (35m??) and do good damage. There are pistols with a very high critical. There are pistols with funky damage types that cut through armor. And in all cases you can dual wield them.

Another thing I'll never understand is why people obsess over using the same weapon in both hands. This is the worst case scenario. There is no advantage to using the same weapon in both hands. Using two different weapons gives you additional special attacks, different damage types, and different attack speeds. Just because a weapon is a good primary hand weapon, does not make it a good secondary hand weapon.

Maybe the problem you're having with Adventurers is that everyone is stagnated into the exact same profession mold, and it's one that just doesn't cut it at the high levels. Try experimenting a little.
    Clan fixer, Fourth Title

Director of Information
    Analog Myth

Originally posted by Ulakai
    alone pah, I can take 'crats (for the time being) and other adventurers

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Advisor Ulakai

Band of Rebels

JOIN THE FIGHT, FIGHT FOR YOUR FREEDOM
    Heh, you obviously have not fought a "well-played" crat. My level 46th crat is completely unbeaten (except for 1 against a Trader pre 13.0). Know why? I don't follow the "mold" for pet classes, or pistol users for that matter. Luxxan is right on target. Even my Agent does not follow the "mold" of Agents, yet does fairly well in PvP even after 13.0 (Level 105 Apprentice). Before the PvP patch, I admit he was pretty powerful. I could easily do 1 shot kills (3 shots tops). This was only if I wasn't Soldier alphaed when not prepared.

-Fed
    Last edited by Federot; Nov 28th, 2001 at 07:25:31.

About Riders

Luxxan, if Riders aren't the best 1he weapon in the game for the primary weapon, in your opinion what is?

I agree Riders are expensive IP wise. Out of that IP, I get brawl (which I get to use every 2nd combat round) and dimach which hits hard.

I think most of your description was correct:

------------------------------------------------
    No specials, slow attack speed, and huge IP investment in Heavy Weapons. Oh sure, they do a
    decent amount of damage
    ------------------------------------------------

Except, they don't do decent damage, they do great damage. I have had a few PvP "victims" comment on how much damage Riders do "Wow you swords hit hard!".

The damage is so solid, I don't need any specials. I spent time researching the 1he weapons available when I started my current Adventurer, and hands down, Riders did more dmg/s than any other 1he weapon I found at that time.

About the specials, every special on a weapon costs additional IP. IP was one of the concerns you mentioned when commenting on how bad Riders are.

Slow, high damage weapons fare better against high AC, and the many reflect shields I meet in combat now.

Also, from what I have read, and seen in the game, a slower weapon works well factoring in heals because it makes it easier to time them so you don't miss a lot of combat rounds.

Skara
    Last edited by Skara; Dec 3rd, 2001 at 02:05:45.

Who cares if the riders dont have fast attack and sneak attack. Fast attack is ok, but nothing compared to a soldiers alpha anyway. Sneak attack...geez..why bother...Concealment is broken anyways and of no use in PvP anyways. Adventures who are stuck with pistols though will not have a chance...
    Emitter Bureaucrat
    Astolpho Keeper
    Ancarim Iron Legion - RK1