Thread: Trade Skills

Lightbulb Trade Skills

It would be nice if you could actually make money doing this. This is probably viable for jewellry as it stands, and blood plasma is a useful income source, but most other trade skill uses seem almost pointless except at high level.

Take making crystals, of the base materials, the rock and program disk are free (you have to find them), but many of the intermediate components are not only not free (which is as should be), but pretty damn expensive (which is no use at all).

It should be possible, even at low levels to make money out of crystal manufacture. It need not be much, but the cost of materials should aways be less than the standard price you'd sell to a terminal for. To this end, the cost of the intermediate disposable components (Symbol Library, Photon Particle Emitter and Crystal Reflection Pattern) should be much lower, maybe rising more steeply at higher QLs, but such that you can make some profit from making nano-crystals at low levels.

Balancing economy vs tradeskills is not something easy. There is a need for a money sink in the game at higher levels, and possibly a money boost at lower levels (not that I remember having any problems with lower levels, but that was during the first week when everyone was poor, if the economy is disrupted, its mainly because people are getting greedy)
    Date of registration 2001-06-27 13:46:17 UTC
    Account status Open

Thumbs up Indeed.

I entirely agree, but you should still be able to turn a profit (even a few creds), especially at low levels. And, yes, a high level money sink is very needed, but I don't know what that should be...