Page 89 of 90 FirstFirst ... 39707172737475767778798081828384858687888990 LastLast
Results 1,761 to 1,780 of 1788

Thread: Over-equipping - here we go....

Canceled

Date of registration 2001-09-02 06:05:00 UTC
    Account status Open until 2002-05-28
    Subscription is cancelled
    Next billing Not scheduled

Talking

thanks for leaving. It gives me more space to play.

Question Who will be left?

I wonder how many of these "expert players", who can't figure out how to play the game without OE, will be around when FunCom kills off the next exploit? That is, after they quit or are they just blowing smoke?

If you don't OE then your a noobie? After 14.2, the OE players will be high level noobies trying to figure out what the rest of the players already know.

A exploit is still a exploit no matter how long it has been around, it's Funcom's game, shouldn't FunCom know how THEY wanted the game to be played?.

FunCom can still count on my Money!

heh, "who don't know how to play without OE"

the people who spend the time OE'ing I've found to know the game better and help a team better. I could be wrong tho....

funcom has never said it was an exploit. or they'd have banned people for putting on a weapon with QL greater than their level.

Re: Who will be left?

Originally posted by Marleen
    I wonder how many of these "expert players", who can't figure out how to play the game without OE, will be around when FunCom kills off the next exploit? That is, after they quit or are they just blowing smoke?

If you don't OE then your a noobie? After 14.2, the OE players will be high level noobies trying to figure out what the rest of the players already know.

A exploit is still a exploit no matter how long it has been around, it's Funcom's game, shouldn't FunCom know how THEY wanted the game to be played?.

FunCom can still count on my Money!

OErs are high level people who know how to play the game. Nothing else. OErs know how to play the game. They know the game and how to play it.
    ~Chris

PS: it wasn't an exploit ever.

omfg yer a moron

"If you don't OE then your a noobie? After 14.2, the OE players will be high level noobies trying to figure out what the rest of the players already know."

did u read my post u moron ... high lvl noobies ... umm we "high lvl noobies" where once stupid lil ****s just like u, we played, and played, got rich, played some more, learned about nearly every buff in the game, and then used them to equip stuff that with buffs u can equip, how is that an expliot !?!?!? its available to every 1, what yer a noob and u don;t know about all the buffs in teh game that add strength and stamina ?!?! TOO BAD learn about them.

if funcom didnt; want oe then they coulda made it where u NEED the skill to wear that item, other wise they knew exaclty what they were doing, or they woulda made all buffs self only, and made it so stuff falls off when u don;t have the skill for it... they made the game so people could over equip, and cause u noobies complain that u get owned in 3 shots in pvp, or because another guy yer lvl does 10 x more dmg then u, funcom is gonna change the game to b more n00bie friendly, and less vet friendly, which = loseing their player base which in the long run makes people not wanna stay that long cause the game gets monotamous (sp?) very quikly ....

Cool

still very difficult to write in normal english

Originally posted by mickey
    still very difficult to write in normal english

Now that, I do agree with you on.
    ~Chris

So Long OE, and thanks for all the shoes

How can people honestly argue that they believe Funcom intentionally made it possible for L10-20ish characters to wield L80ish weapons and equiptment? No, its not an 'exploit', but its a bug in the skill system that FC is finally going to fix.

when is patch day anyway?

Imho, it's not an exploit unless they ban you for it. There are a lot of things people get away with because of bad game design or whatever, that doesn't mean they're exploiters.

If you go by pure intent, camping in EQ is an exploit. . hte designers' intent was for you to move through the dungeon room by room.

That said, I think the OE change is a good idea.

Ever thought about the following

You all saying how seriously you are hindered to solo mission way beyond your lvl. Well have you ever thought about the reason why this game is called a MASSIVLY MULTIPLAYER Online ROLE PLAYING Game?
    Maybe because it is somehow like the real world rules are built.
    If you are a lonesome stranger you wont accomplish too much. But if you share company with someone who is good in things you arent and also the other way around you make a good team.
    Why not teaming up with ppl who can buff exactly the skills you rely on? If you are member of a guild you are forced to team up with guildmates to do missions or hunting reagions you normally couldnt solo.
    For examples the big bad weapon users like soldiers and enforcers would need to be accompanied by a trader who helps them with healing and debuffing the enemies ac , so that the damage class like enforcer or soldier can hit much harder and for very hard enemies they can get an additional wrangle which could help them for about 1 minute to use a much better weapon. This is to my mind a good possibility.
    Or Nts or Engis can team with metas to get their main nano skills buffed so that they can do seriously more damage output.
    Or just go into battle whith a whole team of other professions, like fixer, agent and so on, whose main abilities do not lie in solo fights but have great helping nanos like all the buffs an agent can do or a sudden escape from battlefield which a fixer can do, not to mention the grid armor which makes him for yellow mobs hardly possible to hit.
    Well i think there is a possibility for everybody. For some it is harder for some it is easier. I believe game will much more seperate the classes in subclasses like substitution classes like mp, trader, doc, agent, fixer - damage classes like ma, enf, soldier, nt - and classes who are really uber with substitution of other classes like engineer, crat, nt

Some of these will certainly be the ones who will be needed and will have easier to find places in groups and some will be the ones who look for these substitution classes. But all in all a meta alone is no good hunter, because he missis the fast damage output, and an nt, crat, engineer wont do the decent damage or get the needed healing without a doc or mp to help them.

This patch will make you more dependent of others, which is in the first place a good idea to make this game more interesting and more a mmorpg than it is atm. (especially more Roleplaying, because damage dealer will more likely need traders and engis crats and nts will need substitution of mps) Lets just hope ppl will be so reliable that you can count on them in a way that these changes expects it from every player.

My 2 cents
    Tukanaar

My 2 cents

First i am hapy with ip reset, and other changes that can help others profecions, but here is my opinion about overequip;

Funcom has the ability to implement this patch a long time ago, why now?

cuz it was not a good marketing idea.

in my opinion, they are just doing this so people dont lvl to 200. cuz after that, what else is here to do?

But in the proces it will change the way the game is play, it will take days for a player over 120 to lvl.

thats when the game stop being fun!, and why they want our opinions.

i dont see a real war agains clans and omni, people just log everyday to play and have fun geting theyr characters better!

is allready dificult to do that rigth now whith the way the game is,and if you dont belive me, then why you see claners teaming with omni to do missions, with this propose patch, i know so many good people will leave, and if they, how higth lvl players will team with others to get a decent lvl?

the game will become as good as america online instant mesanger.

i recomend to funcom, please, focus in the bugs, pets geting stuck in missions is not fun, and the 20% rules to engys is a big blow to that profecion. a mp can cast buff , go solo with a demon, something a engy cant do!, and you call this game balance?
    and what about traders, so they are only profecion aloud to over equip?

you think the patch wont bring more bugs to the game, and if so, how come people are 2 inches tall after they un equip theyr yalms(since 14.0)

i think what we need is a real story, a real goal, more things to do, dont try to change more the game, if people cant play the way it is, then that make them bad players,and they will be room to get beter.

if the 14.2 goes live, well, i will play a couple of weeks, if i like, i stay, if not ,they will be others games, but you may want to rename this game to

The Politicaly Correct Anarchy Online

Thumbs up

Very interesting point Rim, I would look forward to having a large player pool to team with.

Originally posted by Calenth
    Imho, it's not an exploit unless they ban you for it.
    So, I could dupe as many credits as I wanted and so long as I was not caught it's okay?
    ~Chris

Re: Ever thought about the following

Originally posted by rim
    You all saying how seriously you are hindered to solo mission way beyond your lvl. Well have you ever thought about the reason why this game is called a MASSIVLY MULTIPLAYER Online ROLE PLAYING Game?
    Maybe because it is somehow like the real world rules are built.
    If you are a lonesome stranger you wont accomplish too much. But if you share company with someone who is good in things you arent and also the other way around you make a good team.
    Why not teaming up with ppl who can buff exactly the skills you rely on? If you are member of a guild you are forced to team up with guildmates to do missions or hunting reagions you normally couldnt solo.
    For examples the big bad weapon users like soldiers and enforcers would need to be accompanied by a trader who helps them with healing and debuffing the enemies ac , so that the damage class like enforcer or soldier can hit much harder and for very hard enemies they can get an additional wrangle which could help them for about 1 minute to use a much better weapon. This is to my mind a good possibility.
    Or Nts or Engis can team with metas to get their main nano skills buffed so that they can do seriously more damage output.
    Or just go into battle whith a whole team of other professions, like fixer, agent and so on, whose main abilities do not lie in solo fights but have great helping nanos like all the buffs an agent can do or a sudden escape from battlefield which a fixer can do, not to mention the grid armor which makes him for yellow mobs hardly possible to hit.
    Well i think there is a possibility for everybody. For some it is harder for some it is easier. I believe game will much more seperate the classes in subclasses like substitution classes like mp, trader, doc, agent, fixer - damage classes like ma, enf, soldier, nt - and classes who are really uber with substitution of other classes like engineer, crat, nt

Some of these will certainly be the ones who will be needed and will have easier to find places in groups and some will be the ones who look for these substitution classes. But all in all a meta alone is no good hunter, because he missis the fast damage output, and an nt, crat, engineer wont do the decent damage or get the needed healing without a doc or mp to help them.

This patch will make you more dependent of others, which is in the first place a good idea to make this game more interesting and more a mmorpg than it is atm. (especially more Roleplaying, because damage dealer will more likely need traders and engis crats and nts will need substitution of mps) Lets just hope ppl will be so reliable that you can count on them in a way that these changes expects it from every player.

My 2 cents
    Tukanaar

/me rumages around on the box fidning the "Team up or play solo" logo on the back.. oh, and don't forget the advertisments, or don't forget the hype from the website or...
    ~Chris

Thumbs up

I, for one, welcome this patch. From what I've seen since the start of Anarchy Online I've think Funcom has made great strides in bringing this game from the depths of anarchy(*cough*) to becoming a very community involved and complex online game.

You just have to take patches with a grain of salt seeing as its an effort to make the game better for everyone, wether we people want it or not.

Too easy or too hard and no one wants to play the game.

Keep up the good work FunCom!

IP relocation confusion-maybe

Hi, maybe i'm just confused but, I think I may have a valuable question. If all players who have reached a title will get the IP relocation points equall to their title alotments, are they going to come after or during the patch? Because if they get it during the patch they might be at a disadvantage. Here is an example why; lets say that character A has reached level 50 and is entitled to 10 IP relocation points. Add the 90 to the 10 he is entiled to for a total of 100 during the patch time limit. Then lets say he spends 10 of those points during the time limit. He then has 90 left. After the time limit is over 90 points will be taken away. This leaves him with 0 relocation points. Player B who is level 3 during the patch time limit and is not entitled to any relocation points YET, will in actuallity get full use to all 90 IP relocation points while Player A will only get use of 80 of them because he actually uses his own points. This will only multiply as more levels are involved.

Please leave your comments

wondering

I was thinking about the same thing, I hope that they will leave you a certain amount resetpoints according to your title level instead of removing 90 accrost the board.

Am I too trusting?

Exclamation lol

Originally posted by Utrilla
    THE ANSWER IS QUITE SIMPLE TO ME!!!!! Make it so that all below lvl 100 playwers cannot use ql 100+ items as i have said before this may seem unfair on those who are 90+ as they ...with legal OE could use ql 100+ stuff but it wiuld only disadvan. them for a short time plz juast thnk about this and then tell me it is wrong.....as it isso simple it has to be wrong
    Ehhh....I equipped a 200 HGB at lvl 95....what do you think I would do if they nerfed me down to a Q100 one? And how many fixers (who allready have to work hard at the 90ish lvls) would stay in game? And what about pet classes? Engi's using Q200 pets at lvl 98 while a poor enf had to use a Q100 hammer at the same lvl, when u can use a 125 hammer at lvl 33 now?
    I dont think u thought through this idea........

Edit: Oops....think i just replied to a REALLY old post....
    Last edited by Animoy; May 15th, 2002 at 11:47:11.
    Animoy - Lvl 220 Soldier on Rk-1 - General of Legion
    Athillon - Lvl 162 Engineer on Rk-1 - Member of Legion - Nerf Engi button in creation room - Sleeping

Post 14.2

You wont be able to wield such high level weapons otheriwse OE hits you, thats the point aint it....

myself, Ive pushed hard so unless I get divest/ransacked/plundered I can use my bot....

Page 89 of 90 FirstFirst ... 39707172737475767778798081828384858687888990 LastLast