Page 87 of 90 FirstFirst ... 376869707172737475767778798081828384858687888990 LastLast
Results 1,721 to 1,740 of 1788

Thread: Over-equipping - here we go....

Angry ok

I am so happy now that this patch is coming ok
    i read every post and i know now ok that this is a good thing

i feel very happy and want to play a lot more ok

all many peepol have making fun of me and said their views it all for the good

but i must say all in all this patching comes for the good of the game. ok

Now some of you may say i quit,but that is because you are mad,i can feel u anga
    but u must remember it is ok and it is just a game and have fun if u dont have fun now after this patch it is beause u are a cheater and cant cheat anymore
    ok i know cause some peepol dupe creds and others they exploit hackers,cheaters they all know that this is no good for them ok
    i am not feeling sorry for them at all ok

but for those who just plain enjoying to over equipping i feel they are just bored with the game anyways
    if that is all they like to do to twinking their characters
    ok
    that is niot the main thing of this game ok well not for me at least hehe ok
    i am wong and i bow to u

Re: ok

Indeed.

Originally posted by Master Wong
    I am so happy now that this patch is coming ok
    i read every post and i know now ok that this is a good thing

i feel very happy and want to play a lot more ok

all many peepol have making fun of me and said their views it all for the good

but i must say all in all this patching comes for the good of the game. ok

Now some of you may say i quit,but that is because you are mad,i can feel u anga
    but u must remember it is ok and it is just a game and have fun if u dont have fun now after this patch it is beause u are a cheater and cant cheat anymore
    ok i know cause some peepol dupe creds and others they exploit hackers,cheaters they all know that this is no good for them ok
    i am not feeling sorry for them at all ok

but for those who just plain enjoying to over equipping i feel they are just bored with the game anyways
    if that is all they like to do to twinking their characters
    ok
    that is niot the main thing of this game ok well not for me at least hehe ok
    i am wong and i bow to u

Re: ok

Originally posted by Master Wong
    You are ignorant.

Ok?

I'm not going to cancel my account(s) because I 'cant cheat anymore'.

First, I'm leaving because Funcom placed this small 'problem' at the top of thier priority list when there are so many IMPORTANT issues that need to be dealt with. BUGS, BUGS, BUGS, BUGS, and more BUGS, ok?

Second, I'm leaving because of the lack of high level content, maybe I should just outright say that it's the lack of content in general. Try playing past your 7 free days before making silly comments. 100 levels of just missions is not content.

Third, I'm leaving because Funcom's idea of Customer Support is a a sick joke. Ever have an important item worth millions of credits vanish? Guess what... No refunds, ok?

Lastly, the game becomes less fun everyday I play. I must have 12 different characters between level 1 and 150 and none of these are particularly enjoyable to play. It was enjoyable in the begining, but recently it has declined greatly. All the good hunting spots are camped constantly, lots of missions on horizon, no customer support. That is what I have to look forward to...

14.2 = 'Cancel'

Re: Re: ok

Originally posted by Heart of Evil

You are ignorant.

Ok?

I'm not going to cancel my account(s) because I 'cant cheat anymore'.

First, I'm leaving because Funcom placed this small 'problem' at the top of thier priority list when there are so many IMPORTANT issues that need to be dealt with. BUGS, BUGS, BUGS, BUGS, and more BUGS, ok?

Second, I'm leaving because of the lack of high level content, maybe I should just outright say that it's the lack of content in general. Try playing past your 7 free days before making silly comments. 100 levels of just missions is not content.

Third, I'm leaving because Funcom's idea of Customer Support is a a sick joke. Ever have an important item worth millions of credits vanish? Guess what... No refunds, ok?

Lastly, the game becomes less fun everyday I play. I must have 12 different characters between level 1 and 150 and none of these are particularly enjoyable to play. It was enjoyable in the begining, but recently it has declined greatly. All the good hunting spots are camped constantly, lots of missions on horizon, no customer support. That is what I have to look forward to...

14.2 = 'Cancel'
    Small problem in your eyes. Hell, OE is even an insignificant problem for my main character. He's a trader. But without curbing the effects of overequipping, balancing the game for you (yes you, complaining about the lack of high level content) is is prolly next to impossible.

The difference between an overequipped level 100 player and a level 160 or so player basically comes down to HP, nanopoints, and maybe nanoprograms. Hell, they're both using the same gear right? So how do you make content for the level 160+ crowd of players without leaving it wide open for the overequipped players to take advantage of? Right now the only solution that's been implemented is give the mobs higher HP and AC. That's not high level content to me. And until overequipping goes away, i doubt any other types of high level content can be implemented except stuff that requires teams.
    History admires the wise, but it elevates the brave. - Edmund Morris

The first faults are theirs that commit them, the second theirs that permit them. - Unknown

Did you ever get the feeling that the world had an abundance of idiots? And that God had arranged for you to meet every single one of them before you died? - Kuroshio

"First, I'm leaving because Funcom placed this small 'problem' at the top of thier priority list when there are so many IMPORTANT issues that need to be dealt with. BUGS, BUGS, BUGS, BUGS, and more BUGS, ok?"

This is not a small problem or else it would not have been moved to the top of the queue.
    It's only a small problem to those who OE, to those that don't and are at a disadvantage it is a major problem.

"Second, I'm leaving because of the lack of high level content, maybe I should just outright say that it's the lack of content in general. Try playing past your 7 free days before making silly comments. 100 levels of just missions is not content."

Been here since before day 1 and after 100+ levels of missions, hunting, teaming, getting my butt kicked in PvP I'm still coming back for more.

"Third, I'm leaving because Funcom's idea of Customer Support is a a sick joke. Ever have an important item worth millions of credits vanish? Guess what... No refunds, ok?"

So you'd prefer if everybodys word was simply taken at face value?
    What the customer says he lost they should just be given?
    Hummm, because of the "cheats" and the like there has to be a blanket rule.
    It's been that way with most games of this type, nothing new here.

"14.2 = 'Cancel'"

Why are you waiting until 14.2 to cancel, you can access the cancel button right now.

".....So you'd prefer if everybodys word was simply taken at face value?
    It's been that way with most games of this type, nothing new here....."

haha.... there are logs, they are just too lazy to look in them and support their own damn product. If there aren't logs, then they should not be lazy and make them happen.
    If you had a yalm today, and it dissapears tomorrow, they should be able to tell from logs. Just sending people on their way and saying "too bad for you!" is not customer service.

Originally posted by DoctorEarl
    ".....So you'd prefer if everybodys word was simply taken at face value?
    It's been that way with most games of this type, nothing new here....."

haha.... there are logs, they are just too lazy to look in them and support their own damn product. If there aren't logs, then they should not be lazy and make them happen.
    If you had a yalm today, and it dissapears tomorrow, they should be able to tell from logs. Just sending people on their way and saying "too bad for you!" is not customer service.
    Why does everyone act like "No reimbursement" is a new policy for this genre? It's been around since the days of LPMuds and prolly will continue long after someone creates true VR games. Or is it the fact that Funcom is new to the business people feel they can pressure them to break their own policy?

The first faults are theirs that commit them, the second theirs that permit them. - Unknown

Did you ever get the feeling that the world had an abundance of idiots? And that God had arranged for you to meet every single one of them before you died? - Kuroshio

I would rather them listen to customers and create one that helps.

Originally posted by DoctorEarl

Yes, there are some logs but not for everything. Do you know how much drive space it would take FC to have complete up-to-date lists of everything that someone has, and for 100k+ people that adds up to a shinny new PP4.
    if you had a yalm today, and it dissapears tomorrow, they should be able to tell from logs. Just sending people on their way and saying "too bad for you!" is not customer service.
    I believe they do refund cars and jets, but I am not 100% sure. The last time I asked a GM if I could get any of my stuff back was when lots of my very hard to find NCU vanished into thin air. I insisted that I at least get a refund or I talk about the physics of the event untill I do get a refund. So I talked for half an hour untill my comp crashed, and very few people want to hear about RL physics involved with a game event.

They can't refund everything without crawling through data for hours to find something tiny which in no way stands out from everything else.
    In fact, I just had to trace a deleted program through a server after boss #2 deleted it. He had the server for three weeks and was playing a game on it the entire time, I finally found the 87% removed system logs and was able to put it all back toghter, after 4 hours. And that was with a nearly empty server, I would never be able to do that with more then a few GB of data being put onto it so I cant imagine what FC would have to do.

"This is not a small problem or else it would not have been moved to the top of the queue. It's only a small problem to those who OE, to those that don't and are at a disadvantage it is a major problem."

Disadvantage? I've played a non-twinked (but still over-equipped) Fixer... Let's talk about disadvantages!!!

"So you'd prefer if everybodys word was simply taken at face value?
    What the customer says he lost they should just be given?"

Don't give me that crap. I worked in the Customer Service field for 11 years. I know that I would have lost my job for treating paying customers BETTER than Funcom does on a normal basis. Perhaps things work differently in whatever country Funcom is based out of. Liars and cheats are everywhere, but to treat all of your customers like they are scum is morally wrong and bad business practice.

"Why are you waiting until 14.2 to cancel, you can access the cancel button right now."

I want to watch it burn, baby!!! :P

YEA !

Let's watch Rubi-Ka explose !

We will assist to the end of AO 3 years earlier than sheduled. At least we will have something faster than promise.

"This is not a small problem or else it would not have been moved to the top of the queue. It's only a small problem to those who OE, to those that don't and are at a disadvantage it is a major problem."

Disadvantage? I've played a non-twinked (but still over-equipped) Fixer... Let's talk about disadvantages!!!
    I feel your pain.

"So you'd prefer if everybodys word was simply taken at face value?
    What the customer says he lost they should just be given?"

Don't give me that crap. I worked in the Customer Service field for 11 years. I know that I would have lost my job for treating paying customers BETTER than Funcom does on a normal basis. Perhaps things work differently in whatever country Funcom is based out of. Liars and cheats are everywhere, but to treat all of your customers like they are scum is morally wrong and bad business practice.

Minor difference...People that go to custermer service usually have some sort of proof of what is wrong. I know sometimes they don't but you're talking about a VIDEO GAME where there are a LOT of rather immature people who would completely take advantage of a situation to get free stuffs. I think the no reimbursement policy is pretty much the only way they can handle it unless they start autosaving your character so they can just backsave you. But that would make insurance pointless. *shrug*
    Chris "Councilor" Sandine
    In statesmanship, get the formalities right; never mind about the moralities.
    1. An official of a bureaucracy.
    2. An official who is rigidly devoted to the details of administrative procedure.

Originally posted by Oshikai

Minor difference...People that go to custermer service usually have some sort of proof of what is wrong. I know sometimes they don't but you're talking about a VIDEO GAME where there are a LOT of rather immature people who would completely take advantage of a situation to get free stuffs. I think the no reimbursement policy is pretty much the only way they can handle it unless they start autosaving your character so they can just backsave you. But that would make insurance pointless. *shrug*
    How is this different from any other market? There will always be a percentage of the population of any market that will go to great lengths to cheat or lie to gain some form of advantage.

Logging already takes place, but from what I hear everything isn't logged. Two questions on this note... If they log, why create only a partial log? Also, if they log, what the hell do the do with it?

How difficult would it be to save the inventory of a character after each trade (including purchases)? That alone would solve most of the disappearance bugs. Add a back-up save that occurs every so often (and perhaps a back-up back-up). Add a trade log and a GM tool to access this and they are able to tell if players are lying.

Certainly, if they can devote enough time to making a non-essential OE patch, they could spend some time on a Customer Service patch.

a bit off topic but see some posts refer to lost items,,was stated ;not sure but yalms and cars are refunded,,,unfortunately they are not,,,sat with a friend who just lost her Yalm and she was told no refunds period. Heck she even offered a high level one she found in a chest that she could not use in exchange for the lower quality one she lost and they would not do that either. Not sure how hard it would be to keep track of everything(prob near impossible) but its to bad that at least vehicles could somehow be refunded if lost,,,,bottom line is if something dissapears it prob is not coming back.
    Last edited by Dienst; Apr 8th, 2002 at 04:37:18.

during beta funcom made the comment that everything was logged, plus additional debugging for beta period. they said logging would stay in to catch exploits, but until this day they can't catch crap through logs.

My faith in funcom.... where was it again... seemed to have lost it...

How is this different from any other market? There will always be a percentage of the population of any market that will go to great lengths to cheat or lie to gain some form of advantage.

Logging already takes place, but from what I hear everything isn't logged. Two questions on this note... If they log, why create only a partial log? Also, if they log, what the hell do the do with it?

How difficult would it be to save the inventory of a character after each trade (including purchases)? That alone would solve most of the disappearance bugs. Add a back-up save that occurs every so often (and perhaps a back-up back-up). Add a trade log and a GM tool to access this and they are able to tell if players are lying.

Certainly, if they can devote enough time to making a non-essential OE patch, they could spend some time on a Customer Service patch.
    A save made after each trade? From my understanding, most of the item disappearances are taking part during the trade.

And your evaluation of the necessity of the OE patch isn't the one that counts. It's the consensus of the players plus that of the developers that count. A large number of players agree the OE situation needs to be addressed so obviously you evaluation isn't based on the consensus of the players.

how did i get on drasbins list

hey drabin i am wondering how i made your list and i didnt make any votes pro or con !!!!

BTW your post are really long and annoying

Exclamation

Wow I suppose alot of ppl have an opinion on this subject; well so do I so heres mine:

Has funcom considered the economic backlash of this patch? After reading most of the replys which took damn near all day that a great many ppl are opposed to this patch, however a great many are for it. I pose these questions to funcom:

Assuming you loose 20% of your subscribers over this patch (I believe thats reasonable given the replys) are you willing to loose that much revinue over game balance?

Are you actually loosing customers because ppl are currently allowed to overequip, or are you loosing customers due to sometimes anoying, sometimes staggering game bugs?

If the answer is what I assume it is, I would suggest fixing bugs before implementing balance patches.

Originally posted by Kuroshio
    A large number of players agree the OE situation needs to be addressed so obviously you evaluation isn't based on the consensus of the players.
    Do you have these statistics available somewhere? I'd like to cast my vote as well, since I seem to have missed it...
    Ananke - Carrah - Loretta

ZWhen the going got tough, the tough ran away

I was a guide for eq for quite some time and let me tell you that believing people is one that that doesnt come easily in a videogame. I've done my share of customer service work in RL and people in RL are far more honest than in a videogame. And if they are not honest you can usually tell by their mannerisms(which you do not get over a videogame with no audio/video feeds). Logs are also massive massive things. Logging everything that goes on, even with tools, is an immense project for something this large.

Now onto OE. Thank God this patch is coming out. Maybe I'll actually be able to PVP now!

Page 87 of 90 FirstFirst ... 376869707172737475767778798081828384858687888990 LastLast