Page 86 of 90 FirstFirst ... 36676869707172737475767778798081828384858687888990 LastLast
Results 1,701 to 1,720 of 1788

Thread: Over-equipping - here we go....

Them making these changes are not gonna help you any.. Just make things worst.

Unhappy

"....Therefore the Lord, the God of hosts, the Lord, saith thus; Wailing shall be in the streets; and they shall say in all the highways, Alas! alas! and they shall call the husbandman to mourning, and such as are skillful of lamentation to wailing..."

Then Lord/Host Looks down upon me and says

Its only a game. We make hard so you will enjoy it longer.

My 1st post was a little rude and im sorry. Was upset because I finaly get all nanos and NCUs I needed to summon my demon. And now its all going to be taken away from me. Yes the Pet class has had a far more advanteg Hunting wise. But PVP is a little harder for MPs. The Fixers and Adventures do need to be in some way fixed. I dont know if OE is going to fix any of that though. Well not many people even read this far so not many people will read my post.

11. Thou shalt not overequip

?

My problem is that this belongs in beta, not here WAY after launch. although I think this game STILL is beta sometimes, it does not belong here, at least not in the manner they bring it.

Talking

You wanted anarchy? You've got Anarchy, so adapt or die (post made in the good spirit of anitOE)

If the formula does inded work that way then pet classes get *%^&$#, cause our pets (our WEAPONS) stop working after 20%.

Keep in mind funcom fixes as of late tend to be simple solutions to what they perceive from whiners as being a serious problem. In reading the OE formula it seems more straight forward to me.

Pet owners = screwed after 20% TS and MC oe.
    Weapons = 20% oe --> 100% operational
    ----------------
    Sample
    First Rate Khemotech at ql 199 does 3-287 (1)
    ----------------
    Weapons between 20% to 40% oe = 75% operational
    ----------------
    Sample
    First Rate Khemotech at ql 199 does 2-215 (1)
    ----------------
    Weapons between 40% to 60% oe = 50% operational
    ----------------
    Sample
    First Rate Khemotech at ql 199 does 2-143 (1)
    ----------------
    Weapons between 60% to 80% oe = 25% operational
    ----------------
    Sample
    First Rate Khemotech at ql 199 does 1-71 (1)
    ----------------
    Weapons between 80% to 100% oe = 0% operational
    ----------------
    Sample
    First Rate Khemotech at ql 199 does 0-0 (1)
    ----------------

Look, this was my impression that I got when I read Gautes overequipping article. That they actually wanted damage to go AWAY from being optimal to almost detrimental and negative from what a properly equipped weapon would do fro damage. It makes sense considering they are cutting off pet owner control at 20% also - don't you think?
    -----
    "NT's can't over equip armor beyond implants and general buffs (no insane Intelligence or Psychic buffs) and can't overequip weapons since they use direct-damage, damage-over-time and nanoformula methods that require your actually stats and buffs to be active for you to use them. Don't complain about us being powerful when you obviously haven't even played one past level 100. NT's - the original red-headed stepchild of Anarchy Online." - Zaal

Originally posted by Zaal
    Keep in mind funcom fixes as of late tend to be simple solutions to what they perceive from whiners as being a serious problem. In reading the OE formula it seems more straight forward to me.

Look, this was my impression that I got when I read Gautes overequipping article. That they actually wanted damage to go AWAY from being optimal to almost detrimental and negative from what a properly equipped weapon would do fro damage. It makes sense considering they are cutting off pet owner control at 20% also - don't you think?

They are also cutting off weapon user after 20% OE. The damage you deal with an 20+% OE gun sucks.

This is the same thing, they just make a stupid 20% caps as there is a 0% caps for nanos.

This is crap

I have finished a big thread were I exposed my ideas about OEing. These are not quick ideas that fall into my mind, I have very well think about them since Gaute wrote his article.

Discuss: 14.2 Player propositions about OE issue

I hope you will discuss it. This is a long thread but hang on .

Admittedly I did not read ALL 86 pages prior to my post, those that did you have my admiration. But the OE / tweaking discussion seems to come down to two camps.

Those that do vs. those that don't.

I honestly can't fathom why people who are against OE are so vehemently against it. Prior to the first death of AO with 12.6, me and my friends put so much time into trying to tweak that could have solved the SETI project. Maybe twice. If you look at the way the game was designed, barring exploits people later found and most of which I believe have been taken care of, you are encouraged to OE / tweak.

Lets see if I have all the ways here:

Implants
    Self-Buffs
    Others buffs (I differentiate because they did make buffs self and target)
    treatment centers
    tutoring kits
    equipment buffs
    specialty items (pillows, med-uniforms, etc.)
    unique rare items (shades of lucubration, etc.)
    high QL items

Although these categories are generic, there is a multitude of ways in each to buff oneself to OE / tweak. And since I am just new back to the game after my 12.6 sabbatical I may be wrong. But isn't PvP open game after 75? How is a level 75 character supposed to compete against a level 200 character if he hasn't at least taken the time to OE.

Now I used to think that Funcom was pretty slick for the way they designed things so that we COULD tweak as much as we like. But if they are now rethinking things, after beta, payed beta, and seven more months since 12.6, then I have to think there are a lot of empty parking spaces in their lot. Since they all must be riding the short bus.

Gunf00, Omni Trader of 40
    Jakf00, Clan Trader of 66 pre 12.6

Originally posted by Gunf00
    Although these categories are generic, there is a multitude of ways in each to buff oneself to OE / tweak. And since I am just new back to the game after my 12.6 sabbatical I may be wrong. But isn't PvP open game after 75? How is a level 75 character supposed to compete against a level 200 character if he hasn't at least taken the time to OE.
    Gunf00, Omni Trader of 40
    Jakf00, Clan Trader of 66 pre 12.6
    He/she/trox may have had a chance damage wise pre 12.6, but now, no. With OE patch, maybe bring damage to pre 12.6? Just an idea.
    Grupurt Division 9 [RSGE] Ret.
    Second Nanomage Agent To Hit Lvl 200 on RK1

RK1

I have finished a big thread were I exposed my ideas about OEing. These are not quick ideas that fall into my mind, I have very well think about them since Gaute wrote his article.

Discuss: 14.2 Player propositions about OE issue

I hope you will discuss it. This is a long thread but hang on .

it keeps going and going....

Do any of the fc employees actually read these? I've checked back here every once and a while and watched this thread grow and grow, I've added my 2 cents, and listened to both sides. Either you are for OE or against it, but one thing is for certain, this issue has generated the most responses than any other topic, I believe secrelty this is just a way for FC to check and see how many people are still playing. Anyway, enough banter, each of us have talked about why they OE and some have said why they don't/want to/can't. Before one side can flame the other for their views, it comes down to perspective.

The reason most are forced to OE is because of mob difficulty, they have insane hitpoints and damage ratios after level 100 especially. and as most of you already know, items, nanos, armor stops spawning in shops over a certain ql (113 for some nanos, I think 125 for armors, could be off...) So the only way to obtain these items are through missions..or if you have lots of money and don't mind programming shopbot (POS in my opinion) Past level 100 mobs get pretty difficult, even if they con green, so the result, people have to OE, this goes back to the chicken or the egg question, in that do people oe because mobs are too hard? or did fc make mobs so hard because they knew people could OE?
    Some may bring ip the point that this doesn't excuse the low level twinks who have weapons/eguip/armor wayyy over their levels, and so they attack things that should be handled in a group. However in these cases empathy is important, I myself have twinked low level characters, but my situation is my own, I work a lot during the days and only get a chance to hunt, role play what have you, in the very late evenings, mostly when normal folk are asleep, this is apparent because most hunt spots are devoid of people lfg, now the setup of the game is that it will take you an eternity to fight mobs your own level as opposed to if you can tackle tougher mobs more stronger than you. What of us who can't always get into a group? are we reduced to having to fight greens? thus why OE is such a big issue. Now my situation may not match others, some OE even when they can get groups, personally I do it because I hate being limited in my play time because I can't find groups.

Empathy people, if half the people on this board had empathy, they wouldn't shout or flame out other people simply because their play style is different. I have read some of these posts, some are very intelligent, but the bulk comes down to childish 13 year old comment like "14.2 is gonna kick you OEers ***es" so forth and so on.

I can empathize with why people choose not to OE, and I admit, it does take away from the game, having all the choice equipment handed to you on a silver platter. Truthfully, the game was the most fun for me when I made my very first character and she set foot on rubi-ka, the fun was in the trial and error process, I didn't know which weapons were the best for my money, and many a day I purchased useless items that set me back many hard earned credits (as opposed to the millions I can make now just buffing mochams gift) anyone remember those battlesuits? heh paid good money for one back then they were uber pieces of equipment to have, low reqs and the nano penalty was bearable, a few days later before I could put it on naturally through leveling, the requirements were almost doubled. it made me mad, but I got a good laugh out of it though. OE does rip an imbalance in the game that tears a rift between the seasoned players, and the new players, but personally I feel that a patch won't fix this, now before you say, "hey, she's just against 14.2" and you'd be right, but not because I won't be able to twink the way I like anymore, but for the fact that it won't solve anything.

It will just make people angry thatt hey lose the full use of their weapons, and armor they paid good money for, the people against OE will feel vindicated, until they see something else they have a problem with, they'll find out they still get killed in missions and in pvp, and then they'll want the 25 percent thing lowered, funcom will hear the pleas and then lower it to 15 in a few months, it won't stop, no matter what you do, you can't keep everyone happy, those who are happy with the upcoming patch today will complain against it tomorrow, such is human nature. I respect the fact that some people choose not to OE, it is their right, they pay for the game like anyone else, however, at the same time they have to respect the choices of other people who pay the same monthly fee, I think that in the end funcom should respect both parties. instead of radically altering someone's weapons or armor, why not reduce mob difficulty? cause we all know what this is really about, people level entirely too fast in ao, whether they over equip or not and fc doesn't want this, they want people to stay around for another 3 years. If such is the case then, stop fawning over who has what weapon and armor type, give the players more story interaction, give them chairs and fireplaces for their apartments even, people mindlessly hunt, mission, twink, for lack of in game substance. If players don't have a story to live out, they are reduced to amusing themselves with level 1 soldiers with ql 30 novaflows.

FC can release patch after patch like 14.2 and it really won't solve anything, you will always have problems pleasing everyone, so why not put in content that everyone can take a part in and enjoy?
    "Did I tell you that you could speak?....then why are you still talking?."

This whole system is snafu ...

They need to do the same with weapons that happens with NFs.
    You get debuffed in nano skills - you can't cast your best NFs
    Your weapon skill gets debuffed - no more use of the weapon.

Or they need to give the casters the same 20% to work within.

I am very curious to see what happens with the MPs healer pet.
    They going to last the fight or just until they get your HP up and then /behind for the rest of the fight????

Thumbs down Bye

(posting this only in a few threads I've recently been active on)

Date of registration 2001-06-28 08:30:23 UTC
    Account status Open until 2002-04-06
    Subscription is cancelled
    Next billing Not scheduled

It was mostly a great 9 months
    but I've made my feelings clear re: funcoms attitude;
    pandering to newbs/children, dumbing down the game,
    and just an increasingly anti-player approach to
    extending subscriptions at the expense of fun.

remember that Simpsons episode where Homer calls the
    1-900 football tips hotline wanting to know which team will win,
    and the recording on the other end starts speaking very slowly
    "according.. to .. the ...forecast... the .. temperature... will... be..."
    "Yes, hurry up!"
    .... the. . .. wind. ... is... coming...... from ...... a........ north.. easterly....
    direction .... and...."
    "Cmon! Cmon! Don't you know this is costing me money?"

That's basically what I feel AO is turning into.

So I've made the big decision and hit the cancel button.

I've been here a long time, many will be glad to see me go,
    but I hope I've helped more of you than I've pissed off.

Scumbug, signing off.

My Opinion

I play both a fixer and a MP. MP can self buff and get atleast 20% pet above his lvl most of the time. Healing pet will turn grey even before able to buff to next one, And I can take two to three yellows at once or one deep orange at once.

But my fixer forget it. Even with a good weapon. Not over equipted. he is not able to solo yellows. Yes Greens and there is no way he can ever get through a mission that is set on the middle setting where my MP can and even half way between medium and hard, SOLO.

I just think this will make it where everyone is on an equal ground. A few classes will still be better at soloing like they should be. Pet classes always has been this way. GO Funcom. Keep up the great work.

Re: Bye

Originally posted by Scumbug
    (posting this only in a few threads I've recently been active on)

Date of registration 2001-06-28 08:30:23 UTC
    Account status Open until 2002-04-06
    Subscription is cancelled
    Next billing Not scheduled

It was mostly a great 9 months
    but I've made my feelings clear re: funcoms attitude;
    pandering to newbs/children, dumbing down the game,
    and just an increasingly anti-player approach to
    extending subscriptions at the expense of fun.

remember that Simpsons episode where Homer calls the
    1-900 football tips hotline wanting to know which team will win,
    and the recording on the other end starts speaking very slowly
    "according.. to .. the ...forecast... the .. temperature... will... be..."
    "Yes, hurry up!"
    .... the. . .. wind. ... is... coming...... from ...... a........ north.. easterly....
    direction .... and...."
    "Cmon! Cmon! Don't you know this is costing me money?"

That's basically what I feel AO is turning into.

So I've made the big decision and hit the cancel button.

I've been here a long time, many will be glad to see me go,
    but I hope I've helped more of you than I've pissed off.

Scumbug, signing off.
    Funcom, this is your problem. You have done almost nothing for the higher level players of this game, you leave out much needed nanos, make armor and weapons almost impossible to find and when you can find it the price is sky high, and you offer your long-term customers almost nothing to do.
    You need to do something for the people who have been in this game from its start and given you the most money, make a 2.5k token board, hold parties for lvl 150+ players, anything. The very least you could do would be to put in elite shops to keep inflation at a minimum, you could have those shop be rare and out of the way but they WOULD hold down the insane inflation which has entered this game.

The char I have right now has /played for over two weeks and is at level 50, I am keeping them at a low level so I wont have to run into the misery and repetitiveness of the high-lvl game.

So, do yourself a favor and make something for high level players, or else you will stay at a steady amount of players because they leave as soon as they come in, which means you can never grow and any upgrades or fixes you make will take a long time because you dont have enough of an income to hire more programers.

Unhappy

Scumbug, signing off.
    This is a loss to the community. Sorry to see you go, Scumbug. Your ideas were great... too bad they're not listening.
    - Machiavelli - RK1 Clan Bureaucrat

Under "Other, Additional Information" I listed "main is bureaucrat"

So, while Funcom has ignored its entire gaming comunity we still send in suggustions which could greatly improve the game.
    At the very least give players a way to tell if someone is overequiped. Make their sword shinier, make their armor thicker, just put in something so we dont have to target the person and press T to find out what level they are, and the only way to find out if they are OEing is asking them.

As of now Funcom is the equivilent of a nuke sitting inside of a steel box in Washington DC/London/Paris/ect, they pose a great threat and have a lot of power, but no one can get to them. They are just sitting there, doing nothing, the highlight of the 14.0 patch seems to be the useless /list command. We honestly expected the 14.0 patch to be more, it should not fall in as a simple patch but instead as a point where the game turns and gets more complex. We had hoped that we would be able to invade enemy territory and have it be declared as under our control, we hoped that we would get guild houses by now, we hoped that we would at least be able to put more then ten things in our apartments.
    None of these things has come, while I wish to believe that Funcom is doing something to help this game I am not seeing the work output that a company which made this game should have. Funcom looks like it has maybe a dozen people working for them, a boss, a janitor, an assistant, a few people to answer the phones, and three programers, four at best. I am begining to believe Funcom bought this game from another company, they arn't making improvements at the speed we expect and what we expect is not that hard to put in. Many of the things we want should have been put in from the games start, the token board only goes to 1k, there are no elite shops so inflation goes out of control, and everything I have said before.

While I know Funcom will never get to this post on page 86 of a thread with over 1700 posts I still want to say that Funcom is failing to do what they should. I don't even believe they will get past page five if they do bother to read these posts.
    Many of the items in the envisioned and in progress lists have vanished without an explanation, we know that not all things are possible but we would at least expect to see a reason which shows you are not sitting in a little metal box with no way to get in and nothing getting out. What happened to the paper tradeskills? Why are some of the crat changes just sitting there? It seems as though you claim you will work on them but don't, as a child would.

So if you don't make patches an upgrades as fast as we expect at least reply to your clients, all we want to know is what happened to our stuff and what we can honestly expect FC to do, since they remove many things which they claim they will put in.

Ugh, the OE arguements are so weak I'm not going to reiterate myself here.

You want to quit because you don't like AO, then quit.

14.2 is going to be a huge boon to ALL players. More ppl will PvP, Traders will become even more powerful than they already are in PvP and PvM and will be more desirable in a group than a Doctor.

My new favourite number? 14.2!
    Biomed

Antimatter

"Whoever fights monsters should see to it that in the process he does not become a monster. And when you look long into an abyss, the abyss also looks into you."
    -Nietzsche

Page 86 of 90 FirstFirst ... 36676869707172737475767778798081828384858687888990 LastLast