Page 85 of 90 FirstFirst ... 3566676869707172737475767778798081828384858687888990 LastLast
Results 1,681 to 1,700 of 1788

Thread: Over-equipping - here we go....

whoa

god damn this is a long thread.
    if anyone ever reads this, well done, you're more patient than i
    My lungs arent blackened by tar, they're blackened by SIN!

just a side note, the dmg rings add to your weapon base dmg _before_ any calculations are done I think....

not sure, but I think so...

and yeah, this patch and suck a fart from... well, you know. As it's been mentioned, this hurts casual more than twinks. kinda the case of the middle class yelling "Tax the rich!" then finding out they got hit the hardest.

Originally posted by DoctorEarl
    just a side note, the dmg rings add to your weapon base dmg _before_ any calculations are done I think....

not sure, but I think so...

if you had read the previous page
    (or any number of pages before that)

the current formula is:

(1 + (ATK / 400)) * (Damage + Crit if any)
    = damage total +added damage modifiers [like rings]
    -minus armor = damage dealt.

the new formula with funcoms scale, or any scale.

(1 + (ATK / 400)) * (Damage + Crit if any - REDUCTION% HERE)
    = damage total +added damage modifiers [like rings]
    -minus armor = damage dealt.

so +damage modifiers are the last thing added
    after ATK multiplication and before armor subtraction.

So they really ARE as useless as I thought.
    unless you made up your formula

Im just saying this now, forget it. I dont care anymore, Ill just continue OEing, untill I grow into my armor. Hey wait... I can just use ql 200 implants... hahah, that will solve all my problems!

You can check also my proposed system page 167 of this thread.

Ok here's my 2 cents on this subject from my own game play experience.

I have a lvl 46 MA and am curentley employing ql30 implants mostley, like everyone else, they push my primary MA targeted abilities up to let me hit armor and nano's within 4 lvls of my toon.
    I have no problem with the game nor is it any less fun because i don't have the best armor and nano's that my class offers. I have been offered a set of ql 200 implants by a friend and i declined. I didn't earn it, he just had no use for em and since they were from is old ma he thought i could use em.
    I make the little backpack's for the newbie yard too. They contain the beginner esentials like night vision,lockpick,and FA kits, and sometimes i put my older ql 20 armor into it.

Last night i learned the term overequiping first hand. I had earned a set of forest armor ql 50 and offered it to a lvl 20 soldier. She said she didn't need it and that her armor now was into the 70's. After taking some time and talking to a few lvl 80 plus i found that most if not all had something over ql 200.

Wtf... why have lvl restraints on armor at all if most of the population is just gonna get buffed and hit the high stuff. Now i no this isn't cheating and it's built into the game, but why. Why is everyone *****in and moaning about gettin pushed back to within there respectable lvls and all the glory that goes with it.

I'm now lvl 46 and can't solo anything over a ql 50(i get raped by the reds)but i like this game. Ok so someone gonna flame me and say well this is for the higher lvl players to make it more fair in pvp and in mob battles. ok .. But the reason the game is so unbalanced is because of the twinkers and the OE'ERS.

I would love to walk into the arena at some point and have a fight with someone within my lvl range and have a descent chance. I don't PVP and thats why. I have chated with a few higher lvl players that got "owned" by someone many lvls below them.

The casual player..i.e me. Will feal very little from this and do see the need for it.

QUESTION: What do ya have if ya take batman's belt or the gl's ring away.

It's not the run to 200 that makes this game fun it's the road to get there that does. All there doing by reducing the OE in the game is makin the road a little longer.

Sorry for the long post.

One: I cant beleive there are 8 days of coments on this thread without a single reply from Cosmik.

Two: Being able to reset my IP's will be nice but, what about all those people who used exploits to gain masive amounts of extra IP's. This patch wont affect them, they will just not take advantage of IPR, they dont need to as they already have a ton of extra IP to play with.

This IP reset should be forced on the entire population, Something like you log on one day and find that all your stats are at base for your lvl and you have all your IP back (the amount you should have for your level) and all your equipment you had equipped is in your inventory or in your bank. At the same time introduce the OE patch.

Of course Funcom would never do this, it would cause 0.5% of the population to press cancel(tho most would reinstate after a week off) and they might lose some money. Same reason why if you get caught using an Exploit you get a slap on the wrist. It should be: You exploit once, week off. You explit twice your gone for good, including all accounts associated with that credit card.

But again, taking a hard stance on people who have and/or will exploit would mean banning people, and Funcom doesnt want to do that as they would lose the monthly income from these people.

chrish -

Things will change. You're only in your 40's, and if you continue this way, you will get raped by greens after 100 or very close to it.

hope it is still enjoyable after that.

D

I just was looking for a way to stop some of the OE. With my idea, you will simply not be able to put on an uber NCU belt or weapon. The game checks to see if you are a high enough level to use the item or weapon, what's wrong with that? Maybe the ql of the nano program idea, that I had, won't work, so rethink that one I guess.

With my idea, the patch goes on the server, it checks your level 15 character, finds that you have a ql 60 weapon equipped, and it turns it red, so it will not work at all, just like as if you had no ammo in it. This is also similar to when you have your plane on, and it wont let you fly til your IP get back to normal after you died.

I realize that the pet classes require a completely different approach to try to stop OE. But, don't the MPs kind of throw this out the window? I mean, if your'e an MP and all you do is send your uber pet out there to kill, kill, kill, then you don't really need any other buffs except those that bump up your nano abilities.

Re: Ok

Originally posted by AIL leader
    Ill give you a thumbs up for trying to work this OE out. As a NT Im kinda tired of not being able to solo 50% missions even.

What I fail to see in the article is what you are going to do to the Mobs, now that our firepower (the team's that is) is greatly reduced. You say the AC of human Mobs will be reduced but what about monsters?

With 2700 nanopool I can fire abt 15 nanos dealing ca. 1000 in damage (thats if I got Masteries from a MP). I will fumble on 2 of those nanos and 1 will be resisted (at least). This will take 4 secs * 15 nanos = 1 minute of doing 12k damage. The monster has about 8k hitpoints. I have 2400 HP with self-only buffs. Monsters green to me hit me for say 200 (if they dont crit) every 4 secs. 12 hits to down me. Thats 50 sec.

Yes I can calm and yes I have Nullity, but the Mobs WILL crit on me and I CANT crit. Also, I dont get a mission with ONLY greens. If I meet a slightly yellow Mob, Im dead as dung.

Now one way some higher lvl NTs work around this is OE big guns. Something I hoped NTs never would have to do. But this will not be possible anymore, so this will affect our soloing too.

Anyway, I DO welcome the OE fix and will be happy to see this fixed, but you will have to do something with Mob's hitpoints which are too much for a lot of us.

P.S. Why doesnt our nano init. reduce the recharge rate of nanos???
    P.P.S. Why do we have 4-5 ways of losing the effect of our primary weapon while other weaponwielding profession hit every single time? (Fumble/Interrupt/Abort/Black Hole/Resisted)
    Very good post. Just reading without interest in replying, until I read this one =]

Hmmmm....My thoughts

Well, these are my thoughts, and my thoughts always seem to create some hostility, but hey, I don't care.....Anyway, on the OE subjest....In my opinion (which reflects the agent/weapon users point of view and not really applicable to bot/pet users) There should be a lee-way for OE, were in you can OE to a point, with my current skill (607 rifle, 757 Aimed) with QL 130 imps on a lvl 90 agent (i didn't use exploits to get them in, its all IP and buffs, so the aspect of taking them out to re allocate IP don't scare me) I can easily equipe a ql 140 tsak or Dis....but they do NOT do good enough damage to kill a green or yellow mob, there for I were a 200 Dis, no PvP intintions. Well I think i strayed from my point...My point is, I can buff into a ql 140 rifle with ease, but don't like the idea it will become a ql 105 rifle mid-battle with something that kiks my ass already with a 200 dis....there for I feel that a lee-way should be granted for low lvl buffs that many of us get, and if it runs out, we will not be punished, and after that Max QL of lee-way, you receive the 25% loss and +1 % for every QL it is over my Max weapon i can wear....If you are lost I will break it out in a differant way:

If my skill unbuffed allows me to equipe a weapon thats QL 133 I will never recieve a penalty

My Gen Buff and Snipers Bliss Gives me the ability to equipe a 142 Rifle, With or with out buffs, I recive no penalty.

With additional buffs I get into a ql 143 Rifle, In order to opperate with out penalty, My buffs must be running, or i will suffer 25% lloss in effecancy

Now...I decide to use a QL 200 weapon, grossly Over-equiped, with buffs...I am fine, if a buff drops out, I now suffer a 82% penalty ( 25% + 1% per ql higher then your max allowable rifle for your skill)

My Idea of this is to make grossly OE very undesireable and reverts it to a intirely substandard weapon, but for someone who has a weapon just a little to high will not suffer dire consequenceses when in battle and a nano prog runs out.
    This consept give the ability to OE a small amount wthout having to constantly manage nano's and does nto make the game work rather then a game, using a slightly OE weapon would be acceptable with buffs, and won't suffer a huge penalty if a nano runs out, there for still fun, but more challanging, and makes it a total pain for someone who is trying to OE beyond a resonable amount.

These are my thought, with any luck, some of you will agree, or have a slight spin on my consept, others will hate it and complain, and others will site a quote and ***** about there pets....I don't use them, so I can't tell you how to get around or what suggestion to offer...but this is my suggestion to the OE of ranged and melee weapons

Apathetik
    Visit OpCentre

Apathetik "Agent Love" is what you see on the nerfbat before you black out. Current Setup Setup Short-Term Goal Final Setup
    Hammerhound I have a hammer that says 'troxes are intellegent beings.
    BountyHunter For that bounty I would bring you my OWN mothers head on a platter.

Agent Wish List, in a nutshell: #1 AS Based Attack like Backstab is to SnAttk, #2 Mimic Nanos that !hostile in last 5 min of thier duration, #3 Nano fairy, PLZ extend the duration of our RK nanos, #4 201-220 Upgrading SharpShooter's Helm, #5 Upgrades to Pelisse of the Elysian Nymph found in further (adonis/inferno preferably) zones. #6 Double Crit mod on SPS and Kyr'Ozch (atleast on the silenced model. [/wishlist]

chrish -

Things will change. You're only in your 40's, and if you continue this way, you will get raped by greens after 100 or very close to it.

hope it is still enjoyable after that.

D

Here's a question. Why will i get raped? Because i choose not to oe to the extent that the game had allowed. Or because there's a vast number of people that think the patch will screw everyone out of there abilities.

I know through talking with higher lvl martial artists that yeah we do suck at higher lvls. But thats not due to our ability or lack of to equip over our lvl. It's due to FC ...well nm thats another post..

I do oe a little like wearing armor and such from 3 lvls ahead of me. I'm a fist ma so weapons have no meaning to me. My implants are all ql 30. I will equip ql 50 when i hit lvl 50. So within the new rules that will go into affect at 14.0 i am just fine. My nano's are all within my lvl limit.

The only reason there's a "need" for over equiping is because it's gotten to the point almost everyone has been doing it.
    FC i would hope, With the advent of the OE patch, lower mobs armor and damage.If not then thats there fault and they should be all killed. hehehehehe...Now i don't beleive they have said they will do this, but how many times have they added something in patches and not informed us?

Ohhhhhhhhhhhhh well your right, that never happens.

The reason is because you will continue to keep equipping armour close to your level, and the mobs AC's and HP goes up exponentionally.
    AC's might have been dropped a little, but it's not real noticable.

When you start getting hit for 200-300, and you're hitting for 300-400, and the mob has 10x the HP, will you make it?

who knows. I would rather not "wait and see what happens" with a patch, and it would be nice for ONCE to get the thing properly tested before it goes live and accidently cancels accounts

The reason is because you will continue to keep equipping armour close to your level, and the mobs AC's and HP goes up exponentionally.
    AC's might have been dropped a little, but it's not real noticable.

When you start getting hit for 200-300, and you're hitting for 300-400, and the mob has 10x the HP, will you make it?

who knows. I would rather not "wait and see what happens" with a patch, and it would be nice for ONCE to get the thing properly tested before it goes live and accidently cancels accounts
    Any the reason why difficulty increases exponentionally? Could it be to keep a lvl 100 armed with a ql 200 weapon and wearing ql 200 armor from ripping through content solo he's meant to face with a team?

It might be. And after this patch?
    They _might_ look at some mob HP issues. That means they won't.
    They might actually look at what players are saying and suggesting. That means they won't.

Aside from maybe a pet class, how many people at 100 with ql200 stuff can actually solo? not many, and certainly not very far above their own level if at all.

A direct shot down of weapon effectiveness to 25% what it's meant to be isn't something I can see as a fix. It's just a cheesy crap workaround that will piss off too many people.

have fun fellas, hope we enjoy the patch that won't be fully tested, bug ridden, and released anyway, only to have a quick "emergency" patch because no one really liked the over equipping changes afterall.

They will have to look at the HP issue, as there would be a huge uproar if they didn't.

Or we'd all play MPs who can't OE at all.
    I miss LadyE.

There will be a huge uproar no matter what.

Angry THIS IS CRAP!

oWow! so the Human Mobs AC has been reduced by 60% WOW WEE!
    (There are not even many good hunting places for HUMAN mobs. and even if there was now not being able to tell are pets what to attack (demon/slayer) we will have to go back down to (Flying Testicals and War Machines) whitch are orange to us and can barly kill any mob any how. A full group of Orange pets VS a camp full of Orange mobs hmm who is going to win this battle. Not only that we are going to get much less XP what 10k a kill. Say bye bye to EFP if your level 130- no more 40-60k a kill. As it is a level 104 char it takes hours already just to level making 60k each kill. Now only 10k a kill hmm days now.)

oSo Your giving us an IP-Reset to keep us happy for the time being ontill you take away all are points o and the big MAY Make static Mission for IP-Reset points later on.
    (This is a bunch of crap to keep us happy from whats really happening. For about 3 weeks then they take all the points away from us now we have to make levels so we can get points again to do an IPR. And at level 104 trying to get to your next Caps Break is going to be far harder because your only making 10k a kill and less so its taking days to make a level.)

oThey tell us they are only making these changes to make us happy and so people can PVP again.
    (People could alway PVP they just need to learn how. Its not like fighting a MOB its another Player he has a brain he thinks he does what ever he has to, to win the fight. The real reason to why they are doing this is so that people will play THERE game longer because lots of people can use there highest ql NANOs at a much lower level then normal. So people get tired of the game a lot sooner. Now Funcom looks at this and says crap we are loosing money by the minute we have to do somthing about this. And this is what they do! You guys are not very bright up there I dont care if im insalting you either. The reason to why you are loosing money is because the game is not exciting anymore once you make level 100+ why might you ask (they never did. They assume) Well its because you have no damn Story Plote what so ever NONE. What you have now its no story. You think the game is just to make levels and get new nanos. Maybee thats how you guys designed it if so you should not have titled it an RPG and more like a Stragity/Math game (Skill wise). You are making this game suck more and more every day and wait till people find out whats really behind this. Soon this game will be just like EQ (Ever Quest) taking weeks to make 1 level and Much more levels to make and NO STORY.)

You want to make the game more exciting and fun for people FUNCOM!
    Just leave the damn game ALONE let people adapt to it. STOP CHANGING IT!and FIX your damn bugs.

O and a STORY might HELP!

Re: THIS IS CRAP!

Originally posted by Dripper

You want to make the game more exciting and fun for people FUNCOM!
    Just leave the damn game ALONE let people adapt to it. STOP CHANGING IT!and FIX your damn bugs.

O and a STORY might HELP!

...you don't play an NT, fixer or Adv do you? Adapt to that.
    I miss LadyE.

Page 85 of 90 FirstFirst ... 3566676869707172737475767778798081828384858687888990 LastLast