Thread: Over-equipping - here we go....

Red face I am feeling great anga

because when i posting u calling me stuipd and tell me to play music and in the game u steal my group they dont wanting me they wanting u and u big gun maybe i could making new friends but no, they think i am too new and dont learnt he game yet

this is me a real new player
    I goto arena

and they say " Wong Duel" thats it thats all thay saying and i say ok

and die everytime i try my bes but i cannot win ever 12 times i lose , ii died so fast

groups taking much lower level players instead of me because i have a gun
    it is the quality of my level

i cant afford to buying nice things from players because a high level is optimizing his alt and he can pay much more
    i call myself a gimp, because now i facing the reality i am a gimp ok

this u
    u can equip your high level belts and pay millions for snippers cyclops or essence of bliss i dont care not me a level 1 should not start with 20 millions or even 5 i am sorry ok, but its true its just not how the game was to being played with so much to starting with

maybe if 14.2 jus affecting level characters 50 or less

maybe when u make 50 it stays the same like now ok

because as u leveling overequipping becomes less and less a factorok because of max 200 levels
    wong bows to u
    Last edited by Master Wong; Mar 15th, 2002 at 06:58:51.

Hehe

Whats so funny about this is that the 14.2 anouncement is nearly as effective as the patch will be There have been a LOT of people trying what they can do within the new ruleset... So the community is self-equiping the patch

Or the other camp that have not slept for 72 hours so they can lvl as fast as possible (Thats why FC just stated that 14.2 is a few weeks away yet...)

Someone said this allready and its a real good idea

I really liked the idea to change the game on only one of the 2 demensions (rk-1 and rk-2) Let the people who want to change to the new patch or move to the old preserve their characters by doing a ONE-TIME switch (only for characters created before the patch, this will prevent them from powerlvling and then moving to the OE dimension) then we'll have an uber, hardcore dimension and a new anti-OE-cause-I-can't-keep-up dimension. Each would have different strategies. No one gets pist off and leaves the game. It also would let people try something else when they got bored of a particular dimension which means longer subscription which means more money. Someone said thats what FC really wants anyways.

I think that would solve everyone's issue but I dont think that FC would care to do it. They would have to develope patches for each dimension which means they would be less rich.

CZ, what would anyone important think of that Idea?
    Vash

Maintainers nightmare...

change the game on only one of the 2 demensions
    Then FC would have two games to patch and code for instead of one. Bad bad bad idea... Looking forward to the updated article!

Thumbs down I hope someone hears me through the noise

I can appreciate the fact that Sumbug is at least trying for a less severe system. But just "keeping the numbercruchers happy" isn't gonna cut it. They crunch numbers for a reason. They over equip for a reason. Putting all that work in for such a meager increase is so counterproductive, so no one would waste the time.

I like to OE my alts to a certain extent. My main (MA btw)is only in the 50s, so my resources are not all that great. Therefore I can't afford to pay 100ks of creds for wrangles to equip my little brothers and sisters. But I do what I can. Use an alt to mission for a particular weapon of implants, get a buff from a friend, etc. Take my Fixer for instance. She is level 10 now. She has a set of lowbie implants (20s I think) for boosting up SMG. She has a 30 Mausser. She does *decent* damage, as in barely enough to feel above average. With a QL 10 she was having serious trouble doing even missions. Now a 10 wearing a QL 30 weapon is nothing compared to most twinkies. But even under Scumbug's reduced penalty guidelines, her damage will suffer tremendously. My guesstimate (late... too late for heavy math) is that she would be knocked down to ql 15 or so in comparative weapon strength, maybe less. The difference between a ql 10 and 15 weapon is virtually nil and not even worth the time spent on equipping it. If anyone thinks to try to pick apart my math and tell me I am an idiot or whatnot, don't bother as you are missing the main point anyway.

The reasons folks OE is varied. Some do it to show off, some for PvP, others just to amaze themselves. But they all expect some kind of tangible benefit from it. Both your rules and the FC rules but a limit on what is incredibly fun for most players that have been around for awhile. Everyone is a true newbie ONCE. We all had our first character. We all walked in to the shop and wondered how the hell we were gonna afford ammo, much less something to shoot it with. But with time comes experience and money. Everyone has the opportunity, given a bit of time to do everything in their power to make a better character, even MAs and NTs. The only ones who don't are the true newbies, which all of us used to be too. The folks that have the means DON'T OE are just artificially limiting themselves. Why ruin my fun? I paid my dues...I'm not a newbie anymore. Just because you don't want to OE, does that mean that I shouldn't? Does that mean that I shouldn't reap the rewards of my time and effort into my characters?

Now someone will step in and tell me that you can still OE. BS, this is strident anti-twinking in full effect. The end effect is cookie cutter syndrome DAoC style. Contrary to popular belief you CAN twink and OE in DAoC. But the weapon maxes out at oh, let's see...about 20% more effective than a level appropriate weapon. And I will tell you from my own experience as a high level Hibernian Elf...It is *ungodly* boring. Take not of the fact that I so not play DAoC anymore. Not being able to use the resources you have aquired ingame to the NOTICEABLE advantage of your other characters is a travesty.

Everyone twinks. It makes new charcters interesting. Newbie levels suck as a rule, this helps it be a bit less tedious. EVERYONE with the resources or inclination twinks. It's human nature. To take that away is unjust in my opinion. Cookie Cutter Syndrome absolutely kills any game that is based upon character development such as AO. What will it matter how I spend my ip if I will end up not being noticeably different from Joe "Noober" Blow? This has been brought on by the havenots who's petty jealousy has run out of control. The whole thing really makes me sick. I can't even really overequip my MA to a large degree and I am still dead against all of this. This is all just my opinion and experience, but I pay monthly for this game too, so my opinion is just as valid as anyone else's. I am not the only one that feels this way.

My final point is regarding PVP balance. If you are either a newbie or a person who doesn't OE for whatever personal conviction, PvP is probably not the place for you anyway. PvP is full of people who do nothing but sit and daydream about the best most efficient ways to gank you. If you are getting killed fast now, even if these changes go through, you can bet that they will all be tweaked to the maximum of the new rules. Then, even if you are too, they will probably still gank you. PvP is not for the squeamish or the jealous. Just wanted to clarify that.

Edit: Just a couple minor edits for clarifications, so as to avoid nitpickers and trolls.
    Last edited by Painsmaiden; Mar 15th, 2002 at 07:57:20.

Talking Re: Re: Re: Re: YOU LL MAKE A MISTAKE - after engie will be the weakest profession

Originally posted by Intra

you are saying it is possible for you, at level 90, to solo lvl 200 mobs with your bot?
    yes with OE i use wrangle and mochams and expertise buff. i reach 290 in mc ts so at my lvl 86 i reach 808 in mc ts, i can cast the best warmachine (almost). when i ll put my implants ql 140 i will reach the slayer

i use a lvl 175 bot that i heal when i solo ql 200 mob, it s hard but it works. and dont forget that i cast AC buff and reflect buff on my bot !

FC just want to do more money and so slow the levelling to kepp player more month in the game.

Thats the whole point. Twinking. Oh yeah its great. That is why so many games try to diminish it or eliminate it.

Twinking takes so much out of the game it's unbelievable. Then twinkers clamor about how if you make them actually experience the game without comparative God status that it ruins the fun of the game.

Well think about it. Instead of a struggle to battle and overcome the difficulties IN-game, via developing characters and strategies within the realm of the game, twinkers make it about beating the game (which is impossible in a MMORPG) and they end up skipping most of the content in the game. They rush to end-game (lvl 200) and then they will whine about lack of content now that they are uber~~ mind you the content they ask for is the same type of content they SKIPPED earlier in the game.

AO attempted to create a system that helped to diminish the prevalence of twinking by establishing a skill-based system in which you have to CHOOSE your own weaknesses. Then they left open a huge loophole --OE-- which basically let people create characters (so long as they had money--usually coming from their first or second ill-built character) without having to CHOOSE a weakness for themselves.

They made a mistake. Period. They ended up with a game that after a month of its release began to REQUIRE EVERYONE to twink. That is the entire problem.

People often degradingly refer to "casual gamers" with terms like lazy or stupid. And if they want a level playing field they are deemed "carebears". Great. Add a label and its easy to insult the other person, whippee.

Most are not lazy, and they are not stupid. They have other responsibilities in their life that requires an often significantly greater amount of their time and attention than "power gamers" require. What one person calls lazy can often realistically be translated to mean "They have children and/or a job and bills and other RL hassles that keep them from doing what they wish they had more time for...but Don't"

Now add in the normal rationale that "If they will put in the time and thought that I did, then they can catch up to me and be even". That may very well be true, but once again what defines a casual gamer is that they don't have the time to do what you did. Now here comes the Rub that everyone seems to overlook.

A casual gamer does not expect to have a lvl 150 character that will stomp your level 150 char into the dust, or even necessarily compete with your level 150 character as they may never get there--due to time constraints again sheesh. What they do desire is the possibility that their level 5 character will not get demolished EVERY time by someone elses super-twink level 5 character.

Add to this FC's first response to OE in which they systematically made all the Mobs tougher to keep up with the second or third generation characters that all had the super-twink thing going and you just took away all that cool content that typical twinkers SKIP in the early part of the game.

Basically when you twink and it changes economy and game mechanics, you really do hurt the game and the people that play it. You are not ruining casual gamer's lvl 150 plus experience, you are ruining thier experience from day ONE.

Even if you don't like or appreciate the specifics of the changes coming up in this patch, you have to recognize the thought and consideration that was put into this. FC knows that a relatively small, and sickeningly disloyal group, are poised and ready to retaliate with cancellations and flames and other methods of showing disgust, yet FC is still going through with it. They are trying to salvage this game from becoming some cult-like Twinkers wet dream, in which only a handful of people gather in the murky light of their monitors to cackle about how they remember when the "carebears" tried to ruin their fun.

These changes are so necessary it isn't even funny, and the more FC can do, the better.

Next time you start thinking that twinking is the best durn thing in the world, find a good book you always wanted to read and then skip to the ending first. Then see how enjoyable the book is to read from the beginning. Better yet, find someone else that is just settling in to read the same novel and blurt out the ending to them too. I am sure they will thank your for relieving them of the necessity to enjoy all the CONTENT from the beginning for themselves. Oh, don't forget to write the author of the book and complain that after you skipped to the end that you ran out of content to keep your interest and threaten to quit reading the book.

BTW don't forget when picking apart my post to pick only the weakest and most visible arguments to dispute, preferrably out of context.

Good day,

~Reverend Stark~

Re: I am tired and sick of it

Originally posted by Master Wong
    I am tired and sick of the old time players crying ok.All they do is giving credits and good things to their new character.Then when i want to group they call me gimp and they only taking twink pepols.I am level 12 but they take a level 10 and not me because he hasing a high level gun ok, so stop crying high levels.
    I want the game to be more fair and even ok,not about just making twinks

Wong bows to u
    if u play with ppl that have a better weapon the team will kill harder mob so the team will have better xp and lvl faster !

just create a team and be a leader so u will choice player !!

FC just want to do more money and so slow the levelling to kepp player more month in the game.

Re: Re: Re: Re: YOU LL MAKE A MISTAKE - after engie will be the weakest profession

Originally posted by Lilith

OMG...

So missions are boring?
    You can't control the pet in missions?
    You don't know where to hunt so you hunt red things?

After that I sure hope you will not dare call anyone a newbie.
    missions are boring : yes : room kill, room kill, room kill.......

U dont understand what u read . BOT stay stuck in some room sometimes. Bot dont follow u correctly in all room ! even a table is difficult to avoid for a bot ! if u have a good run the bot try to go straight away and have difficulties to follow the caster !

yes i dont know where are ALL spots for every lvl. I know high lvl spot en efp and mort. under this lvl i dont know.
    When i asked ppl at lvl 90-120 they just reply they did missions at BS to lvl. They dont hunt !!

i tell newbie to someone when a full team come to leech my mob only when i solo !

Re: Before you nerf Enginers..!! Here we go...

Originally posted by Bluetec
    I am totaly agree about the OE at the "high scale" need to be fixed. A 90 LvL Enginer shud not make a slayer.. i am 105 lvl
    Enginer and still cant make a Slayer even with 100% EO
    (i have 130QL good implants)

FC please listen to this. Enginers..have no Self buffing
    more than 22 skil.. MP have 50-140..Nerfing traders
    and MP to give only 20% of the main skill..will totaly ruin
    the Enginer class, and trust me people playing this class
    will leave for sure....

Yes. Enginer pet have huge HP..and yes we can heal some..but
    even a 175 QL warmacine..dont hit as much as a 100 lvl NT..
    mission is hard..even if lowering HP and AC..we get aggros..
    ..i hope you guys know how much XP a 100 lvl player need
    for lvl..killing green mobs..is not the way to lvl.. i like the ide
    for the 14.2 patch..just dont make it 20%!!!!!

Let people play and live in Rubi Ka, and have fun..
    Dont nurf them (thay are paying your bill) and send them all to Reclaim terminals in Rubi Ka..there is so much better placses to be explore in this grate game.. i beg you... Give use + not a -

Yes if the 20% Enginer nurf patch comes on live server..i will leave AO forever.. ( i dont need a Kamizase bot )

AO Account since : 2001-06-29 17:10:13 UTC

i am with u bro

i will leave as well : all ppl that want leave continue this message : quote it plz

Thumbs up Well

Well....patch 14.2 :

I recommand AO alter to....

PvP = I support of the new patch 14.2.

But....

Not do with npcs (mobs) and monsters......It should be same as before....Many AO players love to hunt with highest QL of Weapons and AC......

I know many will remove from AO if over-equipping is fixed....

But i know ALL of AO players will be HAPPY if it will be :

Same as before, but PvP shall be fixed as patch 14.2 for over-equipping.

AO have a CHOOSE :

AO need more customers to hold live on AO, they have NO advice to losse many customers........

Recommand :

SAME AS BEFORE, except....PvP rule as over-equipping....

Thx.

Re: Re: Did Funcom forget they made this program...

Originally posted by Dr. Sent

I suppose those that want this aren't customers and our opinions don't matter?

Some of us, like me, wanted a 0% overequip rule. 20% in a nice compromise although it's still high, favoring the OEer. Either way, I'm willing to give it a shot, how come you're jumping up and screaming? Because I don't matter?
    the big difference is : you play everyday and u wil not leave the game cos OE
    BUT if OE is removed FC will lose customers !!

FC lies cos they talk about OE and dont want to touch the implants and ncu . Everybody know that exploits did exist to put belt 6x on a lvl 1 and treament stack allowed to put QL 200 implants on players !!

AND THAT IS OE !! SO PLZ dont speak about OE ---> FC just want to do more money and so slow the levelling to keep player more month in the game.

Originally posted by kamaekazae

Your forgetting that the AC of mobs will be reduced along with this so you will be doing more damage to these level 90 mobs, or you could go a bit higher then your level. Funcom is not doing this to get your money in anyway. Anyone who knows anything understands that in MMORGPS your supposed to kill things that are near your level. Not mobs that are 60 levels above you.

If you dont like it you can go to everquest or daoc. Oh wait they dont allow overequiping either. WHAT WILL YOU DO?!
    But in AC when dev made a mistake they did not remove the item for exemple !! the manticore armor !!And FC can put mob with lvl 300 and more difficult to balance things

I never see that in a mmorgps u oblige to kill a mob that suppose be near your lvl !! it s false that s why team exists !! This rule is in your mind !

FC lies cos they talk about OE and dont want to touch the implants and ncu . Everybody know that exploits did exist to put belt 6x on a lvl 1 and treament stack allowed to put QL 200 implants on players !!

AND THAT IS OE !! SO PLZ dont speak about OE ---> FC just want to do more money and so slow the levelling to keep player more month in the game.

Stop the spam Jodocast.

FC is a business, they want customers. Wow that's so "sell-out" of them!

And your spammed logic is flawed.
    Keeping your level down does not a gamer keep.
    Keeping your interest does.

A gamer that has found a game he ENJOYS will, upon reaching the elite status of lvl 200...follow me closely so you don't get confused...

RESTART ANOTHER character! I am guessing that you have not played many MMORPG's, or that you never fully appreciated the quality ones by the tone of your posts.

You seem dissatisifed with AO...so leave and good riddance.

BTW I am a teeny bit distressed that my previous longwinded post in a super huge and unreadable thread is being buried by a spammer that has nothing new or constructive to say--causing my post to probably remain unread by the time people of cognitive merit scan through this board.

Ah well, if you can't beat them... bury them in spam or some other pseudo-meat product.

Oh BTW... people leave quietly every day because of OE, and FC knows it, so you can take that argument into account too, if you want to be fair.
    =)

Ciao
    Last edited by Thruthvang; Mar 15th, 2002 at 11:04:22.

People! Calm down!

[Highly flamable]

If you want to use a higher QL weapon, and kill stronger enemies... What do you do? You gain a few levels. And my some wierd magic, you can suddenly raise those skills! Permanently! Isn't that great?
    *poof*

Finally free from this nightmare!

Re: I am feeling great anga

Originally posted by Master Wong
    because when i posting u calling me stuipd and tell me to play music and in the game u steal my group they dont wanting me they wanting u and u big gun maybe i could making new friends but no, they think i am too new and dont learnt he game yet

this is me a real new player
    I goto arena

and they say " Wong Duel" thats it thats all thay saying and i say ok

and die everytime i try my bes but i cannot win ever 12 times i lose , ii died so fast

groups taking much lower level players instead of me because i have a gun
    it is the quality of my level

i cant afford to buying nice things from players because a high level is optimizing his alt and he can pay much more
    i call myself a gimp, because now i facing the reality i am a gimp ok

this u
    u can equip your high level belts and pay millions for snippers cyclops or essence of bliss i dont care not me a level 1 should not start with 20 millions or even 5 i am sorry ok, but its true its just not how the game was to being played with so much to starting with

maybe if 14.2 jus affecting level characters 50 or less

maybe when u make 50 it stays the same like now ok

because as u leveling overequipping becomes less and less a factorok because of max 200 levels
    wong bows to u
    Ok wong... first off, sorry for calling you a loonie, stupid or whatever I did. But you see...

When I started this game (with a MA just to top it) I hated Over Equiping. Why? Cause I felt useless in a group with twinks from highlvl players. Cause I got my ass kicked once I stepped into a 25% or 0% zone. I hated OE so much I was about to shed my anger on the forum. But I didn't. Instead I decided to learn the rules of OE. Get to know the game mechanics for character optimization. And guess what... Instead of using my time beeing pissed at OE, I got to learn it.

Then all of a sudden, I was the one kicking peoples ass in pvp. I was the one dealing the most damage in my group etc, and I loved it. Now with some pretty highlvl chars, I've found that it's only two things that keep my interest in this game.

Overequiping and twinking alt-characters, and most important -the INGAME FRIENDS. The game suxx, the people make it great.

So what's this to you? That I know how you're feeling, and I'm sorry for whatever trashing you get on this board. But I do belive, without a doubt in my mind that if you had started this game before you did, you would come to love OE just as much as the other veteran players.

Now on a sidenote to that, I'm realizing that this OE patch will come WHATEVER the community do to stop it. I've learned to accept that fact, and I've decided to give it a chance. If it suxx, well.. nothing much I can do about it. If it's decent, well .. I'll learn to live with it.
    Last edited by Caol; Mar 15th, 2002 at 11:21:26.
    Pfft!
    Rubi-Ka's FiRST Neophyte Enforcer - Holder of Spoon - Stirring the pot - Pumpkin' Pie anyone?
    >Wo "Caol" Ha - 187 ENF | >Thzunami - 97 MA | >Wo "Dioxy" Ha - 30 TRA | In memory of The Council

Jayde's Item Database - All you'll ever need - http://aodb.info

"BACK AWAY" - Pogobear / Skymarshal

Angry ENGIES will leave game unless better buff are given!

if FC want to put the patch 14.2 so i asked to FC to gives to ENGIES :

nulltity sphere 2 better than the NT one to do PVP

mocham's gifts to use a decent bot

speed buffs to run if aggro when healing the bot !

Just one thing about bots : i can cast a 175 bot and it just do 500-600 dmg x2 so it s not a good attack rate if u compare with enforcer or MA or NT !!

but bot have a good HP you ll tell me !
    yes but MA and enf have heal buff to stay alive all time .

patch will not balanced the game it s evident, nobody can say contrary. if u can see a difference it s mean non balanced !

FC lies cos they talk about OE and dont want to touch the implants and ncu . Everybody knows that exploits did exist to put belt 6x on a lvl 1 and treatment stacks allowed to put QL 200 implants on players !! Fc will do nothing for that.

AND THAT IS OE !! SO PLZ dont speak about OE ---> FC just want to do more money and so slow the levelling to keep player more month in the game. They are bussiness men not players!

Red face

Originally posted by Thruthvang
    Stop the spam Jodocast.

FC is a business, they want customers. Wow that's so "sell-out" of them!

And your spammed logic is flawed.
    Keeping your level down does not a gamer keep.
    Keeping your interest does.

A gamer that has found a game he ENJOYS will, upon reaching the elite status of lvl 200...follow me closely so you don't get confused...

RESTART ANOTHER character! I am guessing that you have not played many MMORPG's, or that you never fully appreciated the quality ones by the tone of your posts.

You seem dissatisifed with AO...so leave and good riddance.

BTW I am a teeny bit distressed that my previous longwinded post in a super huge and unreadable thread is being buried by a spammer that has nothing new or constructive to say--causing my post to probably remain unread by the time people of cognitive merit scan through this board.

Ah well, if you can't beat them... bury them in spam or some other pseudo-meat product.

Oh BTW... people leave quietly every day because of OE, and FC knows it, so you can take that argument into account too, if you want to be fair.
    =)

Ciao
    hello
    first i just reply to some replies, but it is not to spam, sorry about this if u think that ! ppl wrote me i just reply ! but i did just in one shot

second point, i like AO and i rerooler an engie that took me lot of times and money cos one nano is 1M plus implants plus armor, i have 2 lvl 90, so it piss me off to see how OE will affect engies !

u selfish u think just about your note. Think about all engies that put lot of time and money in engie cos they like this profession and suddently FC want to change the things !

U stupid if u dont see (or maybe u dont know the engies buff) that engies will be weaker than before and will be really less interesting to play.

Stop to think your posts are better than other plz. u pathetic and parano to think i want to spam your post. u really sucks man !!

the good point is ip reset but what i disagree is FC say that game is unbalanced cos OE.
    FC dont want to touch the implants and ncu . Everybody knows that exploits did exist to put belt 6x on a lvl 1 and treatment stacks allowed to put QL 200 implants on players !! Fc will do nothing for that.
    That s an important point : change or not change all OE !!

Re: ENGIES will leave game unless better buff are given!

Originally posted by jodocast
    if FC want to put the patch 14.2 so i asked to FC to gives to ENGIES :

nulltity sphere 2 better than the NT one to do PVP

mocham's gifts to use a decent bot

speed buffs to run if aggro when healing the bot !

Just one thing about bots : i can cast a 175 bot and it just do 500-600 dmg x2 so it s not a good attack rate if u compare with enforcer or MA or NT !!

but bot have a good HP you ll tell me !
    yes but MA and enf have heal buff to stay alive all time .

patch will not balanced the game it s evident, nobody can say contrary. if u can see a difference it s mean non balanced !

FC lies cos they talk about OE and dont want to touch the implants and ncu . Everybody knows that exploits did exist to put belt 6x on a lvl 1 and treatment stacks allowed to put QL 200 implants on players !! Fc will do nothing for that.

AND THAT IS OE !! SO PLZ dont speak about OE ---> FC just want to do more money and so slow the levelling to keep player more month in the game. They are bussiness men not players!
    If you cant play the game without being over powerd DONT!!!

Talking Bot's and OE patch

Please remember that one swallow does not make a Summer, and all engineers are not power freaks and worried about OE patch.

Macmoo - Engineer, BLA and proud bot self buffer.

Page 81 of 90 FirstFirst ... 316263646566676869707172737475767778798081828384858687888990 LastLast