Page 8 of 90 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141516171819202122232425262758 ... LastLast

Thread: Over-equipping - here we go....

Talking

Originally posted by Cz
    MPs: Isn't this more about keeping an eye on your own buffs, and make sure you replenish them in time? Or do MPs use Mocham's, suppon pets, then cancel Mocham's? (I don't play a high level MP, so I don't know.)
    FYI, I've always kept mine running incase I need to summon a pet mid combat. It means I am unable to receive less team buffs, but I've been able to live with that so far

/me puts on her flame protective battle suit

I truely think 14.2 will be the biggest change to AO ever (and I mean the OE implimentation, not a big bug that slips in ). I am already looking forward to it! I have a points:
    • Will pets give you some sort of indication that they are "Over equipped"? It will be terrible for them not to give you some sort of indication (they often now, just sit there and do not do anything, so how will we know?)
    • Over equipped items, just have to have an indicating colour. Like the red coloured Yalms when you go indoors. I would personally like to see varying colours depending on the OE reduction, maybe greeny (20%), yellowy (40%), organey (60%) and reddish (80%+). People are going to be seriously confused otherwise IMHO.
    • I know you've stated this will not effect implants, but I just want to check something. If I use a step-up implant to equip an implant with a secondary req. which is not high enough, will the implant not be effected at all when I do not meet the reqs?

If not, in a way this is bad. I mean, you will still be able to hugely OE implants. OK, so not as big as an increase in stats as a 132 wrangle (QL200 shinings give +105), but it will still throw some balance no?
    • IPR, wow. I am so pleased about this! I've always cursed Funcom for not forgiving earlier mistakes, now the cursing can stop I can finally gain back IP I spend in pistol skill when FAs were the rage!
    • How will the IPR handle IP rings (are there such things?)
    All I can think of right, now, but I'll add to it.

I would like to make one thing perfectly clear to Funcom though. I know you already know this, but I am going to state it anyway (for effect its in bold ):

This patch is going to make a lot of people very unsure about their characters effectiveness. Its going to annoy a lot of people. Please, please, please do not let it be a buggy patch. Give us testers time to test it - FULLY, people time to see it on testlive and for the bugs to be squashed. The last thing you want is for the IPR feature to "loose" IPs and then you have to do a full rollback or something. People will leave in droves, its that simple.
    edict
    Clan Archdeacon

"Nothing worth while is ever easy"

Wink OE

Well I'm ok with the numbers but I see one problem

If your going to force teams to EQUIP a trader then at least exstend the time of the wrangles to at LEAST 30min and more realistic ONE HOUR.

But to have a Trader standing around running wrangles every THREE minutes is totally retarded

Just my views, since I'm only in the game for 50 days it will be very easy for me to MOVE on to a different platform with no ill feeling what so ever *Waves goodbye to Funcom*

Cz, still waiting for an answer

First off Cz, I am definitely all for this OE patch. However there are a few clarifications that many people have mentioned here but have yet to be answered:

Are monster HP's going to be lowered? If you kill OE, and don't level off the monsters as well, mobs will be uber-powerful to the average player.

If monster HP's are not going to be lowered, then I think you need to up the XP that they give.

Please get back to us on this Cz.

hmm...

Im thinking... When this patch takes affect NTs(Its not a whine, I promise) more or less what they werre intended t be... NTs are supposed to do the best damage over all profs right? As it is now NTs have a hard time killing mobs(if we dont use guns), so what Im saying is that loads of people will have a hard time killing mobs now... Will this pach include a "nerf" on mobs nanoresist(or will you atleest give NPCs and PCs the same type of NR)? Will mobs get less hp? Theese are some things Im concerned about, it didnt say anything about any of them in the OE notes.

Ymend

So Where is the OE Fix?

Quote from the Article:

".... is the target for over-equipping: Not having your 1h Edged Expertise nano run out, and instantly loose functionality of your weapon..."

But this is exactly what happens to an NT. When a buff runs out we cannot use our Nano's. Why is it ok for NT's and not for a weapon user?

So long and thanks for all the fish!

I dun get it pet stop responding but over equiped weps dun stop working they jsut do less damage nice one funcom looks like ill go back to looking for a new game.

Heh

OE Fixing shouldn't effect anyone 150 plus that is a typical weapons user. NT's and other casters that over equipped a QL 200 gun are gonna be hurting. SO I would expect some whinning when this hits.

MA's couldn't over equip anyway so I think we are the only class that this patch won't affect from a weapons perspective.

/off topic slightly

Oh since your going to add Agent NF's and items to the game to make up for this nerf how about doing what you said you would and giving MA's MA req 2he and 2hb weapons to make up for our nerf in 13.91 like you said you would. I would really like to regain a little faith in you guys.
    Takuan
    Future Sword Saint of Rubi-Ka
    Martial Artist
    Storm

Question

Is OE 20% over the base skill, or 20% less than the item's requirements...that is a skill level of 100 would not invoke OE rules until i tried to use something that requires 120 in that skill (skill + 20%), however, items with 120 skill requirements would be overequipped at a base skill level of 96 (requirement - 20%).
    RoboKa & RoboKaKa
    Solitus Neutral Engineer & Pet

What about breed caps ?

I wear QL200 Flowers armor, but my agility is breed-capped at 480 while the armor requires 551.

551 x 80% = 441, so I'm fine, is it correct ?

Peace.

Edited for poor calculations on my part
    Last edited by Miriandel; Mar 11th, 2002 at 18:51:36.

NT's and other casters that over equipped a QL 200 gun are gonna be hurting. SO I would expect some whinning when this hits.
    Most have already quit.

Snarf
    Snarf: Level 165 Atrox NT

"At one time you were maybe a little useful Snarf. Now you're just being annoying." -- Hawkman

"Well one guy said Atrox was the worst breed for the NT. The other guy said......'You tell that to Snarf....he'll kick your arse!' You are a NT Rockstar!" -- Hemicuda

"Snarf, Snerf, Nerf. It's YOU that brought nerf to NT's you you!" -- Rhayden

"Snarf cuts to the core of the problem like a chainsaw to a bunny rabbit." -- Deaddreamer

I dont know why so many of you have your hopes up that this will be a great patch.Im all for an OE patch if its done the right way but for it to be done the right way they need to lower AC and Hp's on mobs.they said they lowered the AC's in 13.8.Well thi s aint gonna cut it for the majority of players.Soloing is going to be a pain in the a$$ with lower ql weapons not to mention fighting mobs over all is going to get alot tougher.

All the fixes that have been put in to bring some of the classes up to snuff again are going to crash right down to the bottom again and everyone is going to be complaing that there char is weak and cant kill anything.I wouldnt release this patch unless thet seriously look into mob's Hp's and AC's or this patch is going to be 12.6 all over again.

Like i said im all for an OE patach and the ip changes sound nice but i beg you dont release this until you take a long hard look at mobs.

Arrow Zyxlquith...

I don't particularly agree with most of what your saying, yes you may have to change your play style, live with it, you can change you know :-) (IP reset will help there to some extent).

However, I do agree that the issue of Traders needs careful scrutiny and testing. A patch of this significance absolutely MUST be extensivly tested. Hope test get their character transfer scripts up and running before then...

Originally posted by Snarf

Most have already quit.

Snarf
    Hmm let see

Vatawna - still plays
    Gunnandahalf - still plays
    Garzu - still plays
    Seoman - still plays
    Hratgard - still plays
    Nano0 - still plays
    Nikkidial - still plays

Kushinada - still plays

Snarf - quit
    Besheba - quit

Those are the ones I know about, of course I'm guilded with most of the ones that still play. Who are you talking about?
    Takuan
    Future Sword Saint of Rubi-Ka
    Martial Artist
    Storm

Woo-Hooooo!!

Perfectamundo
    "Life is too short to drink bad ale."

Cool Cool patch

I am glad to see that something is done to balance the game and I look forward to it!

I only wonder why did you guys stop at 25% in the articles before it was a progressive scalewhere you loose more damage output/protection the more overequipped you are.

I say if we are to take away over equipping lets go all the way!!

I also enjoy the IPR having gone for traits that have been made redundant in former patches... Yay !!

Exclamation CZ Save The Docs Pls....

Please please please make sure the docs won't get aggroed by every single mob becuase the tank (and the team) won't have the damage output anymore. I feel you at FC has the agro just about right with the heal/agro effect, and would hate to see all our lovely docs get toasted.

Also, any chance of a mouse over menu for our inventory where I mouseover my beam and it says 23% overequipped or my helm 47% overequipped. It would just be nice to verify the game is doing the same math as we are.

Lasty, all you engis with your slayerdroids and you lvl 100 mps with your demons------stop whining and powerlevel...you do have two patches. Furthermore, bring on the flames the rest of you mediocre twinkers, I'm personally sick of the lvl 40 agents with the lvl 150 rifles.....anything to get rid of them, even gimping my lowbies

HEY ALL YOU WHINEY NEWBS, BY THE TIME YOU HIT LVL 150, OE IS NOT AN ISSUE ANYMORE CAUSE YOU CAN SELF EQUIP EVERYTHING YOU OWN AND IF YOU CAN'T YOUR A GIMP GIMP GIMP
    HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH

Steroidjerk 150 Enforcer
    Meatpopsikle 97 Beam Wieldin NT (HOOYAH)

yeeha

i know for one that this rule will only affect my mp in a good way
    ip reallocation did not make sense at first, but after thinking about it i realised that that 150 MA skill was VERY useful when i was a young MP, but now completely worthless

altho the concept of un-learning something is quite icky

FC i really feel sorry for all the engis out there - the only thing their class has going for them is a pet wich can be OE so it can Protect them - now that pet wont listen to them if OE and since they need it to be OE to stand a chance they will become as bad as a fixer or a NT - before tryin anything this bold think about how this effects each class and modify things to help that class should they need it

a standard drop in monster AC,HP,min dam/max dam oputputs should make things fairer on all weapons classes
    NT's will probably be benefited by this change
    Traders are gonna loose a massive part of their income but will still be as good as now

now pet classes - crats wont change they dont OE much since their pets are timed
    Engis - will be one of the weakest classes avaible so their pets will need a HP boost and AC boost OR a damage boost
    MP's - heh wont be effected at all by this they will be even MORE uber infact (saddens me since that will meen my fav prof will get a nerf but..) with them holding the nano skill buffs and having pets we can still summon our demon as we could before (never use a trader)
    I am a Pacman Ghost.

I like to hang around with friends, chatting, dancing, all that sort of thing. We don't appreciate outsiders, and do our best to discourage others approaching us. I enjoy occasionally wandering around randomly, and often find that when I do so, I get to where I wanted to be.

I taste of Death.

Doesn't everyone want a taste of death? Well they should. Most people deserve death. Keep away from me unless you think you're better than that. I probably won't like you.

Cpl. Damon "Moodyman" Kozar
    RSGE Division 9
    "Go For the Eyes Boo!!"
    Moodyman - 3rd Mp and last (i hope)
    lilmoody - everyone needs a break...

Thumbs down Thanx pvp-ppl....

well i see no point in playing AO after this patch, i have spent hours, days and weeks on my re-rolled char, cause i faced the music and said heck i start a new char( cause i spent ip in wrong areas on my last char(lvl74)). i thought this was the fact if u would like to be the best of the best but no, now we will be able to act like gods and changed what we once made as a permanent "ip-spend". well what is stopping u from removing the ip so we all get exactly the same skills for each prof and lvl? i am sure that after this "insane" patch everybody will be their best in their prof.

i can only see that ppl who pvp have complained over this OE-stuff but hey how fun will pvp be after ip reset???

//sorry for my bad english but hey i am trying

p.s and to u lazy high lvl ppl who have spent ur ip badly, face the music
    p.s 2 my new char is lvl 97 now

Originally posted by Munti

this is gonna be fun, when i'm done with half my mission i need to run to town and get a new buff
    On RK1, I play a lvl50 'crat and self buff myself into a red pet, enabling me to solo 60-75% missions. When I group with a MP who can hit me with Masteries, I get to use an even bigger pet. There's NO REASON why you can't solo self-buffed, so I really don't undertand why you're whining about running to town to get rebuffed. Try actually working for what you get instead of blowing through it like it is nothing.

Page 8 of 90 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141516171819202122232425262758 ... LastLast