Thread: Over-equipping - here we go....

Talking FC just make a *Whine Server*

FC,

Make another server called the "Whine Server". All characters that don't want changes that attempt to balance the game as it is can click on a cheese icon and be transferred over to the whine server. The whine server allows full OE, has no PvP timer, allows grid camping, allows PvP'ers the luxury of 25% zones in the whole game, gives every profession EXACTLY what they want where combat is concerned, all nerfs are lifted, all rare instruction discs are found on 1 of 3 mobs, and /petitions do not exist.

You could also allow exploits, duping creds/items, and give the world a Monty Python perspective on riches.

Re: Re: Re: YOU LL MAKE A MISTAKE - after engie will be the weakest profession

Originally posted by jodocast

Before reply, read AND understand what i want :

I HATE missions I DONT want to do missions !! IT s BORING !!!!!!
    AND it s difficult to manage bot in the small area like in mission.

I want to solo and hunting but i dont have the time to find all the spot with mobs at my lvl 90 ! So i go to hunt on lvl 180 spot !

And without a good bot u should heal it and so u aggro the mob and died ! Just try to attack plants with the chemical damage and heal your pet in the same time !!

Engies are weak and have no good buff (just AC).

And at lvl 90 u need 1 million to lvl. So if engie must kill lvl 90 mobs they will win just 5K. So i need to kill 200 mobs to lvl. I prefer fight 20 lvl 200 and win my lvl with more risks.

Engie with low bot means team will not leveling like before ! ALL players will suffer from this.

IT SHOWS ONE THING : FC WANT ONLY KEEP PPL MORE MONTHS IN THE GAME TO WIN MORE MONEY. The best way is to stop the levelling !
    OMG...

So missions are boring?
    You can't control the pet in missions?
    You don't know where to hunt so you hunt red things?

After that I sure hope you will not dare call anyone a newbie.
    Date of registration 2001-06-27 13:46:17 UTC
    Account status Open

Re: Re: Re: Re: YOU LL MAKE A MISTAKE - after engie will be the weakest profession

Originally posted by Lilith

OMG...

So missions are boring?
    You can't control the pet in missions?
    You don't know where to hunt so you hunt red things?

After that I sure hope you will not dare call anyone a newbie.
    LOL

Talking A bot is a bot is a bot

107th Engineer with a Slayerdroid is sitting on a roof in Mort for 3 full days because he doesn't want to lose his pet.

Re: A bot is a bot is a bot

Originally posted by Drabin
    107th Engineer with a Slayerdroid is sitting on a roof in Mort for 3 full days because he doesn't want to lose his pet.
    Hi snarf
    My small army on rbk2

NT
    Got Nullity Sphere?

Crat

trader
    <--flavor of the month

I See you!

Drabin

for god's sake man

your sig is longer than most 4 posts combined!!!

CZ,

I thought I'd made it clear, but just to be sure, no insult intended. I'm sure you're not having a good day bearing the brunt of the questions/flames while gaute STILL hasn't written an explanitave article for even the top 5 common questions.

Before i must goto temple i want to say

I read about me in this thread that i am stupid ok.it is not nice, i read that i should put cardboard on my neck that saying stupid,and in the game they call me a gimp

but i am not, i know ok

i understand how to doing things, i just cant affording it ok i cant pay for higher level buffs, i cant affording to buy high level implants.
    my bes friend he say to me---

"Wong man listen, just solo an enforcer,mp ,ma or something to like 50, or 60 man, you'll have plenty of cash to twink your main then."

NO NO NO

i dont want to doing this, i really dont care about overequipping its true.

But i am not a gimp, and i dont want to be called a gimp because another my same level has a gun 50 higher than me ok, i just want to be a more fair chance for me to get groups.ok i cant play all day and have millions of credits ok i just want to playing when i can and not be considered bad ok

Wong bows to u

Talking hehe

Drabin for god's sake man, your sig is longer than most 4 posts combined!!!
    Hehe, I shortened it a bit but kept the monty python and the holy grail routine in. Why?? Because I love it!

Oh, if funcom wants to reduce sigs then they need to implement that change - as it stands I like mine just the way it is.

Re: Re: Re: YOU LL MAKE A MISTAKE - after engie will be the weakest profession

Originally posted by jodocast

I want to solo and hunting but i dont have the time to find all the spot with mobs at my lvl 90 ! So i go to hunt on lvl 180 spot !

And without a good bot u should heal it and so u aggro the mob and died ! Just try to attack plants with the chemical damage and heal your pet in the same time !!

And at lvl 90 u need 1 million to lvl. So if engie must kill lvl 90 mobs they will win just 5K. So i need to kill 200 mobs to lvl. I prefer fight 20 lvl 200 and win my lvl with more risks.

Engie with low bot means team will not leveling like before ! ALL players will suffer from this.

IT SHOWS ONE THING : FC WANT ONLY KEEP PPL MORE MONTHS IN THE GAME TO WIN MORE MONEY. The best way is to stop the levelling !

Well bohoo, bohoo. Get yer ass back to Dreamland

Thumbs up

i strongly support this, i think it will balance pvp while balancing the need for certain professions in a group. I being an enforcer do not enjoy when an engineer is chosen over me to be the tank of a group. I dont play this profession to be a 2ndary tank
    Jamie "Kamaekazae" Rage
    [Enforcer] - [Atrox] - [Rubi-Ka 1]

Rage - Is it in you?
    So excited that i kicked my mom RIGHT IN THE FACE!

Achiever 73% - Killer 66% - Socializer 46% - Explorer 13%

all rare instruction discs are found on 1 of 3 mobs
    Nope... On that server all loot (and I mean ALL) should be dropped from one NPC ))) And you know, since it's all a big 25 zone, it would be a really long walk to the nearest insurance terminal for the lucky killer )))
    Last edited by Snublefot; Mar 14th, 2002 at 18:00:41.

Re: Re: Re: Re: Oh god, I'm a girl I don't understand math (Barbie had it right!)

Originally posted by grahamX0r

At level 70 you should be putting 110s in.
    At lvl 70 it's quite easy to put 125's in

DrCam

Your forgetting that the AC of mobs will be reduced along with this so you will be doing more damage to these level 90 mobs, or you could go a bit higher then your level. Funcom is not doing this to get your money in anyway. Anyone who knows anything understands that in MMORGPS your supposed to kill things that are near your level. Not mobs that are 60 levels above you.

If you dont like it you can go to everquest or daoc. Oh wait they dont allow overequiping either. WHAT WILL YOU DO?!
    Jamie "Kamaekazae" Rage

Rage - Is it in you?

Originally posted by kamaekazae
    i strongly support this, i think it will balance pvp while balancing the need for certain professions in a group. I being an enforcer do not enjoy when an engineer is chosen over me to be the tank of a group. I dont play this profession to be a 2ndary tank
    If I'm not mistaken, a supid bot cannot mongo mobs off me

Sorry, engi can step back as a backup, but there's no way he's the main tank. I want a tank that can think and act. preferably one that does not get stuck in doorways

Those who think that extreme overequipping will somehow be stopped, I doubt it will. Most of that is done in conjunction with using implants to get better implants, to get even better implants, THEN equip the weapon. just me, but I leave those implants in since it helps attack rating.
    Well, funcom intended it to be like this. And even with the constant upgrade of implants there will be a drain on someones money. And implants have limits to the amount they are giving. It will greatly reduce it since the implants and buffs will no longer be used in conjuction with each other
    Jamie "Kamaekazae" Rage

Rage - Is it in you?

Originally posted by DoctorEarl

If I'm not mistaken, a supid bot cannot mongo mobs off me

Sorry, engi can step back as a backup, but there's no way he's the main tank. I want a tank that can think and act. preferably one that does not get stuck in doorways
    Hehe... I have to agree... I always far prefer to be a backup!

Normally I just tank myself when I'm in a team rather than use the robot and hope like hell that the mob will decide my pet is a more appropriate target, but a rarely trust the pet if there is a room with 3 red mobs in the room ahead.

Naturally that depends on who / what I'm teamed with though...

If I'm not mistaken, a supid bot cannot mongo mobs off me Sorry, engi can step back as a backup, but there's no way he's the main tank. I want a tank that can think and act. preferably one that does not get stuck in doorways
    Exactly my feelings about this. Earlier i posted something along these lines on the enforcer board. I for one think that the group is always better off with a Human Player tank who can control the agro. But many still feel the need to go with an engineer tank just so they can get that little bit of extra xp. But at a big risk of death.
    Jamie "Kamaekazae" Rage

Rage - Is it in you?

Re: Re: Re: Implants implants implants?

Originally posted by DrCam

Emmm... Think twice before ripping apart a post and just posting this small sentence here. You are making accusations with no grounds at all... Believe me
    No grounds? I was responding to a comment made by Morgoth;
    "The pet by the way will be yellow to the engineer at most. That is the BEST selfbuffed pet an engineer can get up on his own."

The only instance in which this is true would be an engineer, without any matcrea, t&s, or ability implants, using the available self buffs. If Morgoth knew anything about implants, then he would have never made his statement, because, and I'll repeat, it quite simply isn't true.

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Oh god, I'm a girl I don't understand math (Barbie had it right!)

Originally posted by DrCam

At lvl 70 it's quite easy to put 125's in

DrCam
    well yes it is, but I was making the point that even a first time player on thier first char should know enough by 70 to get 110s in.

Although, personally, I'm sticking w/ my 110s (lvl 79) till I make the switch from MC/TS to PM/SI for infuses.

Originally posted by Zyxlquith
    having spent considerable time learning about implants *from* Morgoth/Lifedrain, I must say you realllly are dead on wrong there. He knows an awful lot about implants, buffs, math, and other useful things too.. Storyline details. How to PvP. He's a treasure-house of AO knowledge and I'd appreciate it if you'd at least show him the respect he deserves. Failing that, give the guy a chance and get to know him before forming assumptions.
    Thank you
    Zyxlquith
    My assumption was formed on a completely inaccurate statement made by this "treasure-house of AO knowledge."

"The pet by the way will be yellow to the engineer at most. That is the BEST selfbuffed pet an engineer can get up on his own."

Anyone who's ever played an engineer knows this to be false. With proper ip spending, proper implants and only the self buffs, the engineer can get an orange or often red pet. While Morgoth may very well be extremely knowledgable, his statement can only be construed as one of two things; 1) a lack of knowledge or 2) a complete discounting of knowledge to state an obvious falsehood to mislead others to his point of view. I feel I was giving him the benefit of the doubt, given the two choices.

Page 78 of 90 FirstFirst ... 285960616263646566676869707172737475767778798081828384858687888990 LastLast