Thread: Over-equipping - here we go....

Now you are being silly, some things like getting buffed shouldn't be labeled an exploit. If you're that way, even logging on might be an exploit, since we don't know what was intended, right?

I don't think anyone, especially not professional developers like the ones at Funcom would need 8 months to realise that if something has a requirement, and that you can raise the criteria needed to meet the requirement, that people will raisse the criteria and then meet the requirement. Duh, clearly intentional. If you stand by your arguments, then anyone who uses implants is exploiting (well, implants with clusters installed, empty would be fine) since they raise your skills, like buffs, so you can use things normally not usable by you.

But I agree, it's their game. We pay them to be able to play, that is all. But this is a game constantly under development, it will never be finished (and shouldn't be), so as a part of any iterative process you must go back and check what the customers want/need/don't know that they need. And I need to squeeze into stuff, it's a fun hobby

I won't reply anymore, this is a depressing thread and there are too few solid arguments in this debate anyway.

Implants bonus is permanent, it doesnt fade after a while.

It would be perfectly logical to get buffed to use a weapon of better quality; no doubt about it. But when that buffs wears off you shouldnt be able to maintain the benefits. That's what's going to be fixed.

I would rather not have the 20% -25% rules tho, I would prefer to see the weapon drop the the best damage output you could have with your skill status; but that would kill the economy as all you would need is to 1) be able to equip a ql200; 2) not buy anything else, your skill raising each level your damage would raise accordingly; only giving the QL200 benefits when your skill matches the requirements of the QL200 item. No need for intermediate weapons anymore, no more player market for these.

Another solution would be to have the weapon drop back to your inventory; that would force you to have a backup weapon which you can use unbuffed, and if you group with friends who can buff you into your other weapon, its all fine.

The -25% reduction is not reallistic; but its a good tradeoff considering the extremes to which people went with overequipping.

If anything is too good to be true; it will be nerfed. You guys didnt learn the lesson with the TMS, you didnt learn it with the Freedom Arms, ... now its OE. Its not so hard to understand that if it makes the game too easy it will be nerfed.
    Last edited by Lilith; Mar 14th, 2002 at 15:05:28.
    Date of registration 2001-06-27 13:46:17 UTC
    Account status Open

Implants bonus is permanent, it doesnt fade after a while.
    Yeah they are... But they are not when you use one set to equip all your armor, another set to equip your weapon, and a third set to be able to execute your best pet/DoT/DD...

Originally posted by Snublefot

Yeah they are... But they are not when you use one set to equip all your armor, another set to equip your weapon, and a third set to be able to execute your best pet/DoT/DD...
    An easy solution would be to have people to be naked to equip implants... eh. There is already some code with social armor that requires that you remove every piece of armor you have on yourself.
    Account status Open

An easy solution would be to have people to be naked to equip implant
    It will be hard to do surgery without holding those Riders

Originally posted by Snublefot

It will be hard to do surgery without holding those Riders
    You must be a clanner... who else would slice people with rider's... that's not surgery, thats butchery

Err... where is everyone?
    Account status Open

Angry changes

regarding the pet. i will instantly mark my account for deletion if my pet suffers for this. I'm guessing im not the only one.

Why dont try to increase the roleplay in this game instead?

-
    Mad MP
    Piccolo of Storm
    -’Cry Havoc and let slip the dogs of war’
    -I will not take back my words, that is my way of the ninja!

just a bit of info....

anywhere below level 100, you can insanely get implants installed. At level 10, I legally got ql50's in all around.
    This let me use a ql30 gun, ql30 nano's self buffed.

It gets harder later on, at level 100, I was barely able to get into ql160 implants without really pushing, mostly from treatment requirements, but it still works.

Implants help nullify most of the OE problems with this patch. I'm not against this patch IF we were in beta. But since this game has been out almost a year, having another fundamental change such as this had better be planned well, or you will have yet another 12.6 exit from the game.

I would rather not see that, but until FC can quite nicely assure it's customer base that it will be tested, probably for a few months, then I doubt too many people will be happy considering the drastic change taking place.

Those who think that extreme overequipping will somehow be stopped, I doubt it will. Most of that is done in conjunction with using implants to get better implants, to get even better implants, THEN equip the weapon. just me, but I leave those implants in since it helps attack rating.

I do think it will help bring everyone closer together as performance across classes, but as far as performance between "twinks" and "non-twinks", there will always be a gap as the twinks are willing to make it happen when those who don't, are not.

Just test it. test it more. Then test it for another 2-3 months. Then, give us the ability to copy our CURRENT character to the test server so it can be truely tested. If I can't see what my currently character's effects will be, then sorry, I can't consider this tested.

Implants

I have no problem seeing the implants not being affected by the OE patch. Unlike weapons or NFs, implants do not need activation: once installed, the implants constantly enhance the host. The host has no control on them.

The problem with implants (and with all extreme OE'ing) comes from people being able to equip too good NCU belts.

Re: Re: Re: Oh god, I'm a girl I don't understand math (Barbie had it right!)

Originally posted by Phelisha

WHAT?!?! lvl 65 engineer kep a 100 bot?
    what a load of bull**** that is!
    im lvl 70 and the best im gonna bebale to do is a lvl 91!
    unless you have ql 150 implants in that you OE'd to get, then i DOUBT your gonna get anything above an 75.
    (i have ql90 implants on, without insane buffs to get them)
    At level 70 you should be putting 110s in.

Talking hmm

Ok here's my opinion.

I am a lvl 119 soldier been in since beta..now while i dont disagree that sever OE is bad..and it seems to be a inbalance.i would have to say that i dont agree with the way this patch is handling the issue.

reasons are as follows..

some people have spent millions of credits on implants guns armor and hours and hours of time planning to be able to oe their chars..now i understand why they are complaining they have lost hours of planning and there fore basically have to go back to square one with there char's.

I also have a lvl 72 agent and i depended on my rifle being oe for the reason that i have hardly any hp and yes i have bd maxed and max health imps.when i pvp i would get dropped in three whacks without it.when i go to solo with a gun my own level i cannot even kill a green.That is ridiculous.The ipr is cool but that doesnt make up for the fact that we are out millions upon millions of credits.

and trader debuff's will mess balance up even more that is why the 20% is way to much 10% may be ok i dont know havent done the math.

I know of about 50 friends of mine that are going to cancel after the 14.2 patch and more that are considering it myself included.I have saw that implants and ncu are not included as far as i know which is the ONLY reason i am not positively canceling yet im trying to give it a chance.

If this policy is implemented there should be a char wipe after all bugs are fixed and the game is balanced and oe shouldnt be acceptable at all no 20% no 25% just balance mobs and pvp and only let people equip if they have the skills self buffed not outside buffs otherwise leave oe alone and trader wranglers are not exploits..if you didnt want us to use them you choices are dont include them or two make wrangle's last a extended period of time if your aware wrangle's only last a very few minutes which means we have trader cast our gun/pet works the trader will not be able to fight mobs they wil be to busy trying to buff everyone every three minutes.which means thats gonna cost them a crapload of nano.

that being said please feel free to flame me

and also if you agree please quote me and post!

im anxious to see gaunte's new post!

sorry about my english skills:P

Angry Re: Re: YOU LL MAKE A MISTAKE - after engie will be the weakest profession

Originally posted by hexxia

using only my own buffs my engi can solo 60% missions, using the maths I described earlier, 75% should also be EASY to solo.

either you havent looked at the maths or you're level 70-ish with a slayerdroid (cant you see how unbalanced that is? Im an engi and I see clearly just how nuts the pets are)

Before reply, read AND understand what i want :

I HATE missions I DONT want to do missions !! IT s BORING !!!!!!
    AND it s difficult to manage bot in the small area like in mission.

I want to solo and hunting but i dont have the time to find all the spot with mobs at my lvl 90 ! So i go to hunt on lvl 180 spot !

And without a good bot u should heal it and so u aggro the mob and died ! Just try to attack plants with the chemical damage and heal your pet in the same time !!

Engies are weak and have no good buff (just AC).

And at lvl 90 u need 1 million to lvl. So if engie must kill lvl 90 mobs they will win just 5K. So i need to kill 200 mobs to lvl. I prefer fight 20 lvl 200 and win my lvl with more risks.

Engie with low bot means team will not leveling like before ! ALL players will suffer from this.

IT SHOWS ONE THING : FC WANT ONLY KEEP PPL MORE MONTHS IN THE GAME TO WIN MORE MONEY. The best way is to stop the levelling !

Re: Re: Re: YOU LL MAKE A MISTAKE - after engie will be the weakest profession

Originally posted by jodocast

And at lvl 90 u need 1 million to lvl. So if engie must kill lvl 90 mobs they will win just 5K. So i need to kill 200 mobs to lvl. I prefer fight 20 lvl 200 and win my lvl with more risks.
    you are saying it is possible for you, at level 90, to solo lvl 200 mobs with your bot?

Angry Yuck

You know what pisses me off.

Whining Metas

Two words: Go home!

No offense to all the friendly MPs out there that buff folks for free.

Bring that damn Patch in and call me 2 weeks later when the game will run stable again.

So long,

Max(imilian) - immune to flaming, kids
    100% curious

I want to solo and hunting but i dont have the time to find all the spot with mobs at my lvl 90 ! So i go to hunt on lvl 180 spot !
    Yet another example of a player using too much time to twink to actually play the game....

Originally posted by DoctorEarl
    Implants help nullify most of the OE problems with this patch. I'm not against this patch IF we were in beta. But since this game has been out almost a year, having another fundamental change such as this had better be planned well, or you will have yet another 12.6 exit from the game.
    But you will have to keep them inside the host... outside they are not giving their bonus, if the bonus is gone, the gear will lose its edge. OE will still be possible of course; but there will be a need to make choices: not boost everything you need with implants and buffs, then remove your step ups to boost something else to the max....
    Account status Open

FOLLOW UP ARTICLE???

CZ,

Not to bug ya or anything, but...

WHERES THE DAMN FOLLOWUP ARTICLE???

This is gonna start to fester pretty soon w/o a LOT of offical response to concerns.

Well

Debuffs on players will become very popular for sure. After this patch ..lol.. I used to do it for fun. But i now i'll do it for more fun.
    Last edited by Wahoo.; Mar 14th, 2002 at 16:28:00.

Unhappy Before you nerf Enginers..!! Here we go...

I am totaly agree about the OE at the "high scale" need to be fixed. A 90 LvL Enginer shud not make a slayer.. i am 105 lvl
    Enginer and still cant make a Slayer even with 100% EO
    (i have 130QL good implants)

FC please listen to this. Enginers..have no Self buffing
    more than 22 skil.. MP have 50-140..Nerfing traders
    and MP to give only 20% of the main skill..will totaly ruin
    the Enginer class, and trust me people playing this class
    will leave for sure....

Yes. Enginer pet have huge HP..and yes we can heal some..but
    even a 175 QL warmacine..dont hit as much as a 100 lvl NT..
    mission is hard..even if lowering HP and AC..we get aggros..
    ..i hope you guys know how much XP a 100 lvl player need
    for lvl..killing green mobs..is not the way to lvl.. i like the ide
    for the 14.2 patch..just dont make it 20%!!!!!

Let people play and live in Rubi Ka, and have fun..
    Dont nurf them (thay are paying your bill) and send them all to Reclaim terminals in Rubi Ka..there is so much better placses to be explore in this grate game.. i beg you... Give use + not a -

Yes if the 20% Enginer nurf patch comes on live server..i will leave AO forever.. ( i dont need a Kamizase bot )

AO Account since : 2001-06-29 17:10:13 UTC
    Last edited by Tecscope; Mar 14th, 2002 at 17:32:57.

Lightbulb Re: FOLLOW UP ARTICLE???

Originally posted by grahamX0r
    WHERES THE DAMN FOLLOWUP ARTICLE???
    Looks like it's gonna be finished late today, so it probably won't be on the site until tomorrow. There are a lot of things to cover in the follow-up article, thus it takes time to write it.

These changes are not scheduled for many weeks yet, and though I completely understand the need for answers and clarifications (I want those myself), there is plenty of time for discussing and giving feedback.

I'll be off tomorrow, but hope to get to log in at least once and check on the new article, and I know Cosmik or somebody else will add a new thread for the new article.

Anyway, I'm logging out now. Take care, and thank you all for keeping this thread calm and constructive.

/me shares some more ice cream

Page 77 of 90 FirstFirst ... 27585960616263646566676869707172737475767778798081828384858687888990 LastLast