Thread: Over-equipping - here we go....

Re: TAKE TWO

Originally posted by Cheetra
    I know for a fact that Trader Npc's can stack 2 skill debuffs, let's just look at what happens with BOTH, since some folks don't seem to understand what this patch means for ALL weapons that are NOT overequiped. This is assuming that the player has every single point needed to use these weapons on their own. Keep in mind, that similiar results will be encounters at EVER SINLGE LEVEL OF PLAY. Also keep in mind that this assumes your fighting an NPC or PC where you are roughly equally level, if you're lower level... kiss your butt bye bye, you just had your weapon gimped to -100% damage from one debuff likely as not.

I use the high end because of the high skills requirements, none of which you can not simply put more points into to raise past the points where you'd be uneffected.

The nano info.

Plunder Skills (Advanced)
    Description Lowers all attacking and nano skills of the target by 211 points, transferring 178 points back to the caster.

QL 185
    NCU 57
    Nanocost 429
    Duration 180 s
    Attack time 4.52 s
    Recharge time 6.52 s

visual profession trader
    Effects
    modify target sensory imp -211
    modify target 2h edged -211
    modify target assault rifle -211
    modify target shotgun -211
    modify target smg -211
    modify target rifle -211
    modify target pistol -211
    modify target bow -211
    modify target heavy weapons -211
    modify target grenade -211
    modify target sharp objects -211
    modify target melee energy -211
    modify target piercing -211
    modify target 1h edged -211
    modify target 2h blunt -211
    modify target 1h blunt -211
    modify target martial arts -211
    modify target time and space -211
    modify target matter creation -211
    modify target matter meta -211
    modify target biological meta -211
    modify target psycho mod -211
    modify target ranged energy -211

AND

Name Divest Skills (Advanced)
    Description Lowers all attacking and nano skills of the target by 204 points, transferring 170 points back to the caster.
    QL 179
    NCU 55
    Nanocost 426
    Duration 180 s
    Attack time 4.49 s
    Recharge time 6.49 s
    Range 25 m
    visual profession trader
    Effects
    modify target sensory imp -204
    modify target 2h edged -204
    modify target assault rifle -204
    modify target shotgun -204
    modify target smg -204
    modify target rifle -204
    modify target pistol -204
    modify target bow -204
    modify target heavy weapons -204
    modify target grenade -204
    modify target sharp objects -204
    modify target melee energy -204
    modify target piercing -204
    modify target 1h edged -204
    modify target 2h blunt -204
    modify target 1h blunt -204
    modify target martial arts -204
    modify target time and space -204
    modify target matter creation -204
    modify target matter meta -204
    modify target biological meta -204
    modify target psycho mod -204
    modify target ranged energy -204

Now for a little eye opener about what that 2 debuffs will do, IN ADDITION TO REDUCING YOUR ATTACK RATING BY 415 POINTS, and keep in mind this is STILL not worst case scenario as the different plunders, deprives, ransacks etc STACK with lower versions. Which you can bet PC traders will do even if npc's don't.

Premium Slegdehammer of Doom >>>>>>>>>-50% damage from 2 debuffs.
    QL 200 Damage 1-906 (100)
    Requirements
    2h blunt 807
    brawl 485
    dimach 162

Premium Support Beam >>>>>>>>>> -50% damage from 2 debuffs.
    QL 200 Damage 33-519 (519)
    Requirements
    2h blunt 1008
    brawl 605
    dimach 202
    breed atrox

Premium Notum Staff
    QL 200 Damage 44-372 (158) ....... !!!!!!! -100% damage from 2 debuffs ( hits 2hb and energy melee )
    Requirements
    2h blunt 921
    brawl 614
    melee energy 614
    fast attack 512
    sneak attack 512
    dimach 205

Premium Rider Executioner ........ !!!!!!!! -100% damage from 2 debuffs. ( hits 1he and hvy weapons skills )
    QL 200 Damage 10-484 (140)
    Multi melee 832
    Requirements
    1h edged 851
    brawl 568
    heavy weapons 568
    dimach 190

Disguised Zenith Taichi ..... !!!!!!!!! -100% damage from 2 debuffs ( hits MA and 1he )
    QL 200
    Damage 75-95 (300)
    Requirements
    martial arts 1064
    brawl 710
    1h edged 710
    dimach 237

Lotus Parry Stick ............!!!! -100% damage from 2 debuffs ( hits MA and 1hb )
    QL 200
    Damage 50-60 (300)
    Requirements
    martial arts 725
    brawl 483
    1h blunt 483
    dimach 162

A Well Shaped Tool of Torturing .....you guessed it.... -100% damage from 2 debuffs ( hits MA and 1hb )
    QL 200 Damage 111-111 (666)
    Requirements
    martial arts 1108
    brawl 739
    1h blunt 739
    dimach 247

High Quality Nova Flow - Mark I ....... thought soliders where gimped now? -100% damage from 2 debuffs. ( hits Assault Rif and Ranged energy )
    QL 200 Damage 1-410 (260)
    Requirements
    assault rifle 847
    burst 706
    ranged energy 565
    fling shot 471

Premium E-Beamer .... HEY SOLIDERS ...-100% damage from 2 debuffs. ( hits range energy and assualt rifle )
    QL 200 Damage 10-297 (101)
    Requirements
    ranged energy 874
    assault rifle 583
    fling shot 486

Premium Stigma Rifle >>>>>>>> -50% damage from 2 debuffs
    QL 200 Damage 12-326 (101)
    Requirements
    rifle 859
    aimed shot 430

Krutt Assault 219 Waltzing Queen Special .... Doc's....-50% damage from 2 debuffs
    QL 184 ( highest I could find stats for )
    Requirements
    shotgun 794
    fling shot 398

Is any of this sinking in yet?

This is NOT the awnser, every single weapon is this game will be subject to 50% shutdown, ever weapon with 2 basic weapon skills will be subject to COMPLETE weapon damage shutdown.

WAKE UP FOLKS. You may or may not support and end to Over Equiping, but PLEASE you can NOT support this patch. This is NOT the way to do it, it opens up balance issuses bigger then all of Asia.
    Lol, OMG, are weapon users going to be affected almost as bad as NF users now

Wake up, this is has affected the prof's using NF's since day one, dont come here crying 'cause you sure as h*** hasn't cryed out on behalf of non-weapon users before. Come on FC, give us 14.2 in next pacth

PS: I wish FC would have guts enough to make implants and belts be affected as well...
    Last edited by Nanogater; Mar 14th, 2002 at 09:51:04.
    NT = Nerfed Technician

My doctor told me I am paranoid, so I shot him.

Obviously he was an alien agent sent here to kill me...and he did not come alone!

hehehe

this is kidna what the patch is like:

say there was a big roaring fire(fire is all the issues in AO)
    and funcom ppl wanna put this out, so they look around it, and see this one small part of the flame not as strong as the rest (balance of classes)

so theyt ake there little cup of liquid, and throw it onto it.
    haha says the funcom people, now where getting somewhere, until they stop to notice that the flame has gotten bigger!
    and they look into the cup and see it had gasoline in it!

my goodness says the funcom people, now how did that happen..............
    and the flame gets bigger and bigger and continues to grow.

I am tired and sick of it

I am tired and sick of the old time players crying ok.All they do is giving credits and good things to their new character.Then when i want to group they call me gimp and they only taking twink pepols.I am level 12 but they take a level 10 and not me because he hasing a high level gun ok, so stop crying high levels.
    I want the game to be more fair and even ok,not about just making twinks

Wong bows to u
    Last edited by Master Wong; Mar 14th, 2002 at 10:22:00.

Re: hey

Originally posted by xenomorph
    I'm bored

Cz got any beer?
    Nope, but arriving at work in the morning, tired and with a headache, I really could need one right now.

Oh well, only 10 new pages to read today...

Unhappy

This whole thread is a joke.

On one side, a pile of whiners who support the anti-OE because they have trouble comprehending it, it clearly shows in their posts that they're newbies at heart.

Then there's the crowd who play this game, and use it to its full, by using game mechanics such as over equipping. Most of their reasons are valid, and anyone who don't see their point are probably of the anti-OE category. That goes for Funcom too.

Then there's the elusive Funcom representative who pops in and makes cute comments about ice-cream and beer, whose very presence strikes the anti-OE people with awe. They good questions posted earlier are deftly shunned, to make room for more cookie and ice-cream comments.

Stop adjusting the game to suit the people who whine the most, when they're really just not able to grasp the game.

Nadir out.

Goddamit.
    Will people stop posting things like:

"Mass exodus to UO"
    If you want to go play UO do it, that game died around a year ago when they made is possible to create multiple GM characters in a matter of weeks

"Wonder how many accounts Funcom will loose over this patch"
    Not as many as you'd think, for every one person who is against this patch there are two that are for it, as a lot of people who agree that something needs to be done are also in the "do it or I'm gone" frame of mind, it would in fact be more financially rewarding to patch it in.

LAst but by no means least.
    If you are going to contribute to this thread at least make it a worth while addition.
    Don't just type one line "Yer, this patch rox" and that is it.
    Explain why you feel that way, explain your post in a few lines.
    A single line does nothing but annoy the people who are against your point of view.

OE for Armor/Weapons won't die

Now first of all I don't like the idea of the new OE patch, but it's going to happen eventualy, but here is my insight in to it

I am really starting to wonder if a 25% weapon effectiveness penalty is really going to be all that bad. atleast if your weapon is within a few levels or atleast a few points of the requierments. I highly doubt that weapons will loose 50% or even a 100% based on what Cheetra said, but knowing FC they will probably mess something up and it will end up happening anyways

Now for instance, I have a QL106 Vecktor LIZZARD Shotgun. at it's full potential it is supposed to do the damage of 7-234(482). now from what I have read in the article, with the 25% reduction in overall effectiveness, it will do something more like 5-187(385) wich is about equil to that of a QL80-85 shotgun. Now curretnly my skill is 322, and the shotgun requieres 487 to equip. but in all actuality until I get my shotgun skill to 487, it is not going to behave the way it is supposed to. The damage is still going to be lower, even without the 25% penalty. it's hard to say, it might perform the same way, or it might not, I know that by just adding 100 points to my weapons skills using ransack and deprive skills, makes a major difference by means of usualy doing 100-200 points more damage

So allready people who OE with weapons are allready suffering, because there weapons don't do the damage they are supposed to nor do they crit as much as they would with a weapon skill of equil or higher value. and NOW they want to further penalize people for for having weapons that much higher then there level

Now as for what they are doing to the pet classes, that is totaly wrong, Sure now in in the game's current condition, once you summon a pet that pet has the same power until it's either destroyed or until the duration expires on it. with the newly proposed changes in 14.2 those pet will become useless after the buffes requiered to activate them have wore off. well I think the same thing should happen with pets that happen with weapons. I know that with the MP, creating a pet (well an attack pet anyways) requieres T&S and MC, well if your T&S skill drops and your MC skill drops, then the duration of the pet should be shortend, and the attack/defensive/hp of the pet should be lowered as well... now that would be fine in a perfect world, but this isn't a perfect world

There are still going to be people that no matter what happens, people are going to cry fowl because something doesn't go their way, or they think that their class is being picked on specificly. and what they are doing to the pet classes, is the same thing that that the NT has had to go through the entire game thus far, if an NT doesn't have the skill requiered, even if the formula is uploaded, they can't cast it, it's as simple as that.

but is this really going to stop people from over equipping, I highly doubt it. unless there is a scale for every 20% that a weapon/armor is over equipped. you just try and squeeze your way into a weapon/armor that much higher to try and give you the same offensive/defensive power as what your previous weapon did. so in my case with my QL106 shotgun, a QL120-130 shotgun wich with some help I would be able to use, would yield the same damage output as what my current shotgun does

In the end, FC isn't making OE obsoleat, they are just trying to make it harder to do, and for people who want to do it, to push the limits of their characters ever further. but by making OE less desireable right now, eventualy people will overlook the 25% reduction, and will just try to get in to equipment that is 25% more powerfull as to null the effects of the penalty

As for the pets, the MA and the NT, it's unfortunate, but nothing can really be done about that unless FC were to impliment something along the lines of, if you have a formula uploaded you can use it, but if your stats are below the requierments you have a higher risk of fumbeling the formula and if it's a damage based nano, then it's damage is reduced accordingly

Originally posted by Nadir
    This whole thread is a joke.

On one side, a pile of whiners who support the anti-OE because they have trouble comprehending it, it clearly shows in their posts that they're newbies at heart.

Then there's the crowd who play this game, and use it to its full, by using game mechanics such as over equipping. Most of their reasons are valid, and anyone who don't see their point are probably of the anti-OE category. That goes for Funcom too.

Then there's the elusive Funcom representative who pops in and makes cute comments about ice-cream and beer, whose very presence strikes the anti-OE people with awe. They good questions posted earlier are deftly shunned, to make room for more cookie and ice-cream comments.

Stop adjusting the game to suit the people who whine the most, when they're really just not able to grasp the game.

Nadir out.
    Oh you don't know how much I love posts like this.
    That is right Nadir, you are so correct /Sarc
    Everybody who is against OE is just a bunch of lazy newbies with no idea how the game should be played.
    In fact I've seen them, they log on, run around Newland or Athen for a couple of hours saying things like:
    "Don't leave town you'll be killed"
    and
    "Those OE'ers, you wanna watch out for them they cheat"
    Then they log off for the night.

You stand back taking the high-ground, dictating that anybody who is against the playstyle you have adopted is not playing the game correctly.
    That they are just a bunch of whiners with nothing better to do than complain.
    Of course you haven't thought for a second that what they have to say is constructive.
    What they have to say is echoed by many others.
    No, it's against your point of view so it's fingers in your ears time "La la la la, if I can't hear you it can't be true"
    In your eyes OE'ers are right, they are always right no matter what they have to say.
    Everybody else is just scum and if you had your way wouldn't even be able to post here because what they have to say is just wrong.

Adapt or leave, what doesn't kill you only makes you stronger.
    We will really see who the real gamers are after this patch.
    The real gamers will now sit down, work out the best weapons and armour to use and go out there and purchase.
    The true gamers will be here many months after 14.2 working out more options for their characters.
    As for the quitters, those that like the easy ride, those that must always be right, well they will have left.
    Moved on to something new until such time that game too is changed and they feel compelled to leave.
    It's survival of the fittest, those species that adapt survive, those that don't crawl off to a corner never to be seen again.

Man, I hope Gaute's second article on this issue is ready very soon, as this thread is becoming huge.

Drabin, please, if you're going to list all those aliases all the time, list them without a new line for each. I got blisters from my mouse wheel due to the scrolling.

And about an official poll, we will of course consider it, but I'd like to have Gaute's second article out first, and a day or two for the discussions around that one.

Heading off to nag Gaute about that article now.

hmmm

Originally posted by RedSonja
    Goddamit.
    Will people stop posting things like:

"Mass exodus to UO"
    If you want to go play UO do it, that game died around a year ago when they made is possible to create multiple GM characters in a matter of weeks

"Wonder how many accounts Funcom will loose over this patch"
    Not as many as you'd think, for every one person who is against this patch there are two that are for it, as a lot of people who agree that something needs to be done are also in the "do it or I'm gone" frame of mind, it would in fact be more financially rewarding to patch it in.

LAst but by no means least.
    If you are going to contribute to this thread at least make it a worth while addition.
    Don't just type one line "Yer, this patch rox" and that is it.
    Explain why you feel that way, explain your post in a few lines.
    A single line does nothing but annoy the people who are against your point of view.
    hehe, your silly, uo didnt die from that, it died from trammel and factions ruining every other aspect of it.

well ya know, people dot hose kinda posts becuase this is getting lame and old.
    we all know who wants it and who dosent now, and we all know everyones opinions and have flamed them thuroughly for them to.

now, why dont we all shut up now and leave the rest to funcom?
    they have seen what will happen, our suggestions, and our say.

so unless ppl have somethign worth everyones hearing then please keep quiet.

They ruining the game dont u seeing this!

Before i sit to eat my fish and rice,i wanting to saying this ok.

He wears full medical omni medical suit and has 5 or 10 millions of credits to spend.He is level 1 twink.He is ruining this game ok.He soloing deep reds because he is rich and teasing new peepols,saying they are newbie and they dont knowok,but i know.I just cant like him.I am not a gimp ok.HE also raises the prices for me, because he can spending much more with ease than i can doing.I want to buy a good gun but i cant because the twinks can and do pay much more.Overequipping becomes less and less a problem when u level more and more.It is mostly a probleming for ppl less than level 100 ok.I know i am not a gimp.A level 1 twink in full omni med suit with 5-10 mil creds to spending, calls him self a veteran,he thinking he so smart , that he going to fully optemizing his character, but this is just not right.It wasnt meant to being like this.I am no gimp ok

Wong bows to u

Re: Guess again

Originally posted by Unas
    What will I go play? I don't really know right now. I might just go back to playing D2 until some of the new games hit the stands this summer. At least Blizzard doesn't pretend to care about the opinions of their paying customers.
    If I told anyone to go back to D2 I would mean it as an insult. But feel free to like that game, I just find it too basic: collect gear and gear and gear and gear... where's the character? under piles of junk... wait, there is no character, its a pile of junk
    Date of registration 2001-06-27 13:46:17 UTC
    Account status Open

Diablo 2 and it's amazing 640x480 resolution!!
    Oh, me bad, didn't they up that to 800x600 with an add-on?

Oh yer, Diablo 2 can really be considered a rival to the likes of UO, AC, EQ, AO etc.
    I mean, just look at all those content updates it gets.

Re: Some people should be seen and not heard

There is a group of people I play with on a regular basis, some in my guild and some not. I'm the lowest of the set (at 112), most of them are in their 120's to 130's. This includes soldiers, MA's, traders, MP's and engineers. Yes, we're all twinked out to some degree, we're not the best and not the worst. Yes, we use the traders wrangle to put up the best pets we have, so there are usually 1-2 demons and 1-2 slayers in the party.

If you want to see what it's like, come along for a ride on one of our 190 missions that are filled with Aces and Real Means. If we're good (and lucky) everybody lives and we make a ton of xp (which is needed, because even at my level it's 2.7 million xp to reach 113). If we have some problems, half the team may die. If it really hits the fan, we all die.

So boyo, until you've walked the walk, let's not have any more crap about "risk versus reward" shall we?

Unas

Nebre - 112 meta
    Levels 120's to 130's...
    190 missions ...
    because even at my level it's 2.7 million xp ...

Tell me... at level 190, what missions will you do? missions QL300? oops, there is none... and oh my god; how much XP do you need at 190 to level?

Me thinks you'll start a twink once your OEing doesnt cut it. You are totally unable to cope with the xp needed to level at level 120. You take risks now? yeah maybe, you get the reward for it. But what about later? There will be no later, you are on a fast ride through levels, when you'll hit the wall you'll crawl, and you will not be able to cope with it.

So boyo, until you've walked the walk, let's not have any more crap about "risk versus reward" shall we?
    I walked the walk... and I know that you will die when you will see how much XP you need to level later on. So enjoy your fast ride... the faster you go, the harder you'll hit the wall
    Account status Open

Re: Re: lol

Originally posted by Zargoslord
    to AO is the rising of numerous GROS BILL (BIG BIL?). Guys that are just a list of big weapon, and big stak of nano. Well, maybe they ll try to play GI Joe, you can overequip him maybe.
    Hehehe... Roleplayers vs RollPlayers

A frenchie!!! Gros Bill, long time I saw that word, who invented it again? G.E. Ranne? Croc? Casus Belli ?
    Account status Open

PLEASE NOTICE THIS

Cz or Cosmik

you're probably sick of hearing from me by now
    but I am begging you read this post/thread
    and get it into the hands of Gaute or a Dev.

http://forums.anarchy-online.com/sho...threadid=15722

thank you.

Originally posted by Scumbug
    there are so many ways to make both sides happy:

- 1 OE-allowed server / 1 anti-OE server

- make ATK rating even more influential in damage formula
    (so that QL of weapon matters much less)

- create a penalty system that scales.
    one that allows all current strategys, limits the bonus,
    and at the same time does not punish players for optimization.

noone is anti-balance. we're just anti dumbing down the game.
    Did anyone forget that Funcom said that somewhere in the future movement of characters between servers would become possible?
    Account status Open

Re: Re: Lame

Originally posted by Phelisha
    [B]your oblivious as to whats going on around you.
    funcom isnt exactly in a very good financial situation here.
    NOW, i dont mean to be bluint and harsh twards you but for some this must be spelled out.
    Yeah? Well, for one they solved many problems that so many people thought would be impossible to do, they have been nominated "Best Massively Multiplayer Game by PC Gamer".

Sounds like this might bring some people back to the game. Now, many people left because of the extreme OEing, and exploiting in the game. If Funcom can bring the game back to normal settings; which is quite possible when you consider the game stability at release, and the game stability now. You might see more people joining.

Those who threaten to leave the game? Blackmailing doesnt work: no one knows for sure that you cancel your account except funcom, you want to leave because you don't like the game? well, there is no point shouting it. You want to leave because you love the game and they are modifying it? Well, tough luck, you can scream and shout, that will probably influence only a minority of people.

Now, this game always had potential. Many things have been overlooked, many loopholes have been exploited, and its about time to fix them. If you're only playing through loopholes you will certainly feel that its time to quit; if you're playing the game for fun, you will stay because this patch will not make the game less fun.
    Account status Open

Originally posted by Lilith

Did anyone forget that Funcom said that somewhere in the future movement of characters between servers would become possible?
    not sure if that was a criticism of the seperate rules for
    seperate servers idea . .? or was it support?

of course if an overequiped character moved to the
    anti-OE server he would suffer the penalites there.

forget that idea for now tho, i'm on a new crusade:
    http://forums.anarchy-online.com/sho...threadid=15722

Originally posted by Coorwin

My interpretation of that article is that each point will allow you to reset one skill. When you reset the skill it goes back to its starting value and you get the IPs you had previously invested in it back. You can then spend those IPs to raise other skills and invest some back into the skill you reset if you want it up a little higher than the starting value.

Hope that makes sense.
    Ever had the situation where you cannot raise Bod Dev because stamina is too low. I did a little test the first time I saw this message:-
    1) Raise Stamina
    2) Raise Body Dev
    3) Try to Lower Stamina (just to see if it would reset the Body Dev increase, or it wouldn't let me lower Stamina)
    4) Stamina is reset and Body Dev will have automatically lowered itself back down to it's original value, but insists that you have a couple of IPs assigned to it for a 0 increase. WHY?

How many IPs will be lost or gained by players if they IPR Stamina (or any Attibute) without first IPR'ing the dependant skills?

I'm for IPR, I just hope it works.
    I'm for an overequipping fix (but maybe not the one as originally presented, especially the complete pet shutdown issue - even though I do not play ANY pet classes)

Page 75 of 90 FirstFirst ... 255657585960616263646566676869707172737475767778798081828384858687888990 LastLast