Thread: Over-equipping - here we go....

Re: heh

Originally posted by Drabin

As it stands most of the NEGATIVE posters have nothing good to say about people in general and/or Funcom and instead threaten them with cancellation to have something their way.

actually, the negative posters are generally explaining why
    this doesnt work and how the issue could better be solved.

where as the postive posts are mostly newbs saying
    "hahayou cheters wun be able to win nemore!"
    that's my impression. maybe im biased.

i also think OE is somewhat imbalancing.
    but i would never suggest removing most of the strategy from the game.
    i have spent the last several months proposing better solutions,
    as have many other players. these ideas were ignored.

if it comes down to NO change or THIS change, then i want NO change.
    but i would prefer most of all a real solution instead
    the unacceptable garbage that was posted in gautes article.

and you may think cancellation is an empty threat
    but when someone has invested so much time and money
    into a game, that is a drastic decision for them.

and when so many players threated to quit,
    that is a very real problem for funcom.

If you don't like my poll too bad.
    i'd love a real poll. yours isnt worth much.
    too many people are posting telling you
    you inaccuratly placed them. you're basically
    voting for other people until they tell you otherwise.

that said, i doubt you'll give up on it,
    so would you at least mind not spamming it so frequently?

Re: The Official Poll

This poll will get bigger. This poll is the offical poll of the OE part of this patch for the first 20 (TWENTY) pages of the thread. As I look at the rest of hte pages I will edit and update. Thanks

(Positive) - 80 votes
    (Negative) - 42 votes
    (Neutral) - 56 votes

...Long ass list...
    You methods for determining who goes where is flawed.

Why did you put me in the negative slot? I am 100% FOR the OE patch.

scumbag, thank you. I appreciate every post you've put in on this.

Cz:

Something I've noticed is that there are a few items that require monumental amounts of skill, such as the Edge of the Tarrasque:

http://antiguardians.org/itemdb.php?&cmd=view&id=157856

If I did my calculations correctly you would need to have 999 skill in 2HE to hold this and not be scaled back by these changes.

Even with a 132 wrangle running constantly, it would not be enough to weild this weapon effectively. I believe that the only way to get this weapon on is to use both a 132 wrangle, full ql 200 implants, and Mighty Challenger to Behemoth. This might be offset a little with some items that increase 2He (Brutal Hands?) but I still doubt that you could effectively or easily reach 999 in 2HE.

So I ask, does this item not exist in ql 200 form? Is it not meant to be used? Will the items with the most insane requirements be scaled down as well so that they can actually be used?

Edit: Correction: you would need MORE than 999 skill to weild this weapon at ql 200, 999 skill yeilds 20.01% overequipped. 1000 skill yeilds 19.9% overequipped, so if the system does not round up, then this weapon requires exactly 1000 skill to weild without losing effectiveness.
    Last edited by senatorjesse; Mar 14th, 2002 at 01:52:44.

Talking Soldiers Might Get Good Again

I'm glad this patch is comming out we couldnt realy overequip a novaflow to begin with, now lets work on getting soldier shileds worth a damn.
    Vivalamosa
    Breed : Solitus
    Faction : Clan
    Profession : Soldier
    PvP Title: Freshman
    Clan: The Professionals
    Clan Title: Director
    Dimension: Rubi-Ka 1 (Atlantean)

Lame

Originally posted by Scumbug

Jeez, I wish there was a level-limit to posting on this board.

no offence, but even commenting on the situation when
    you're so new to the game is a little arrogant.

am i being too harsh? yeah, im still upset about the article.
    in 1day i've gone from hardcore AO fanboy to angry troll.

honestly tho, with our board accounts tied to our AO accounts,
    i'd love it if FC would set up a board that only level 75+/100+
    whatever characters could post on. where newbies could read
    about the highlevel issues without inexperienced/uninformed
    players muddying the debate.
    I do believe your the arrogant one.... BY FAR.. it never ceases to amaze me how rude some people are... your just like all those people in game who sit at the grid in 2ho or mmd waiting for some newbie to come by so you can 1 hit kill him... or one of those buffing classes that refuses to do anything for anyone unless you are payed or praised. you play the game to be better than everyone else. I play to have fun. (i just happen to be better than most ... and i say to everyone.. please in the name of all that is HOLY and UNHOLY... if you dont like the changes... please... do leave and leave the game to the ones that actually enjoy it... people like you make me sick.

KUDOS to you FunCom... i May gripe and whine sometimes cause i dont get my 1.5mil ip back after a Buggeddeath. But its no big deal. You own this game. Not me. IT's your world. I'm just a squirrel tryin ta get a nut.

Smile Darbin put me on the positive list

Darbin you can take me of the neutral list and put me on the positive list. I am all for getting rid of the twinks.

Scumbag

You're entitled to your opinion. As it stands I'm not going to place the poll up but I will edit the one that is up on page 70 and replace names as they tell me too.

Other than that I'm not adding. Its been compiled from the first 68 pages and I tried to use best judgement on what I saw with the understanding that their would be mistakes and people would simply correct me NOT berate me. A few people sent me personal thank yous on atleast attempting to compile a list and for those that did my thanks.

Now everyone on this board is entitled to his or her opinion but when you choose to attempt to silence that person you are doing no better than silencing your own subjective arguments where anything on this board is concerned. How would you like Funcom to turn around and say I'm sorry Scumbag you are completely wrong and I'd appreciate it if you stop posting your arguments in this discussion.

Anyone can cut and paste a quote and turn it into something they want. Why? Because an argument is nothing more than two subjective point of views that differ from one another.

The list was never 100 percent accurate and I said that. Even so, by posting it I think Funcom gets the jist that people want to see an in game Poll. Now who do you think they get that idea from? Think it through and you might just realize that I was trying to do more than just post some empty banter.

Cool Marleen - Done :)

Done.

KUDOS to you FunCom... i May gripe and whine sometimes cause i dont get my 1.5mil ip back after a Buggeddeath. But its no big deal. You own this game. Not me. IT's your world. I'm just a squirrel tryin ta get a nut.
    Arumite hehe that's the funniest quote I've seen in a long time. I love it.

Hey.
    Why not treat pets as weapons?

The plans aren't to make weapons STOP WORKING COMPLETELY if OE'ed, just to be a % of effectiveness.

Well why not after casting a bot with a wrangle does the effectiveness % drop by a similar percentage as the weapons?

So a bot 43% overequipped will become 50% less effective?

I mean seriously I don't want my bot to STOP WORKING ALTOGETHER mid mission if I have mochams. I'd die. I'd lose ALL the exp. I'd gained in the mission. That's baloney. Should consider doing the % the same way with OE'ing. That'd be the only way I'd support this 100%.

*edit. Not really 100%. I'd be 75% and iffy on the 25% until it goes live. Sorry.

Outside of how 14.2 would effect BOTS, I support it. I don't hate it. I like the plans on how to deal with overequipped weapons, that doesn't kill me.

JUST the engy bot deal does.
    Last edited by Maitrize; Mar 14th, 2002 at 02:04:55.
    .:: Isocyanate Doc
    .:: Onigiri Eng
    .:: Myaku MP
    .:: Maitrize Misc
    .:: Moruhine. Pita. Kechi!

Unhappy Oh god, I'm a girl I don't understand math (Barbie had it right!)

Okay let me get this right. I have a 53 MA if I put in 100ql implants into her will raise her attack. However, after this new patch when the buffs run out will her damage output suffer?

Also Mr. Funcom Meta's aren't going to like it that everyone else can still use thier 200lv guns at reduced damage and they can't use thier pet at all.

-You can make the pet harder to control, or dumb down the damage but don't make it so they can't even use it. I called Mrs. Cleo and she said, "Yus in a bigga truoble mista Fooncom!"

To those who are concerned about traders in pvp neutering you with the deprive/ransack lines let me give you a hint. If a trader deprives and ransacks you...RUN. Even without OEing changes of 20% you will never beat that trader after he gets those 2 debuffs on you. Even if you have 50 levels on them.

I thought about doing the same type of poll, only thing was that most of the players who where in my negitive colum had some positive side arguments as well, wich would have scewed my interpratation of thier posts..... some one know a good political pollster? we all know they don't make mistakes :P

In no way do i mean to belittle the poll that was done, At least you had the courage to weed through 68 pages and come up with some idea of how it was going. Kuddos to you for the brave attempt!
    Last edited by Mire; Mar 14th, 2002 at 02:12:20.
    Offer a flower to your enemy..
    If he refuses it, offer a hand
    If he refuses it, offer a bullet
    If he refuses it, give it to him anyways...

Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe is that none of it has tried to contact us.

Isn't it just a relief when you wake up in the morning and find you didnt wet the bed?!

Beyond your perfection,
    beneath you and who you used to be
    awaits who I am.

Excess Radio! Bringing you tunage 25/7!

Morons lurk among us

Half of the people here are complete idiots. First of all I am completely TIRED of people assuming that all the people for the patch are n00bs and all the people against it are seasoned veterans. Thats the stupidest genralization Ive ever heard. For the people who think that, you are absolute idiots and should you decide to quit... good riddance you winey sore losers. Aww tired of playing then take your ball and go home, nobody is going to miss you. I and many of my RL and OL friends have been playing this game forever and I even was there to watch my friend play a lot of the Beta. Guess what, we are all for it! Whats that? We must not have twinked characters? Think again, one of more than a few characters I have, my lvl 50 Enforcer can knock (assuming a CHEAP Trader doesnt put all his CHEAP spells on me) anyone into next week with his obscenely OE'd Armor, Implants, and Beam. Not to mention missions are a joke to any twinked character under lvl 100. And many if not all my friends are in Guilds that give them all the frickin money they need to twink their characters to perfection as well. So there goes that generalization out the window you morons. I am completely tired of Engineers and Traders complaining about this OE nurf. So what your lvl 50 Engi wont be able to have a lvl 140 Slayerdroid sorry to tell you, you shouldnt have been able to have one in the first damn place. Thats about as cheap as being able to team with a lvl 140 enforcer and keep all the exp from all the high lvl mobs. Traders are complete crybabies your class is still the best with or without the change, wtf is your real complaint? No more overcharging for wrangles? Tough s***, live with it!

Re: Lame

Originally posted by *Arumite*

I do believe your the arrogant one.... BY FAR.. it never ceases to amaze me how rude some people are... your just like all those people in game who sit at the grid in 2ho or mmd waiting for some newbie to come by so you can 1 hit kill him... or one of those buffing classes that refuses to do anything for anyone unless you are payed or praised. you play the game to be better than everyone else. I play to have fun. (i just happen to be better than most ... and i say to everyone.. please in the name of all that is HOLY and UNHOLY... if you dont like the changes... please... do leave and leave the game to the ones that actually enjoy it... people like you make me sick.

omg, shut up kid, you dont know what your talking about.
    you may not be arrogant but your thick headed.

your oblivious as to whats going on around you.
    funcom isnt exactly in a very good financial situation here.
    NOW, i dont mean to be bluint and harsh twards you but for some this must be spelled out.

IM SO SICK of people wishing for the death of this game!
    ppl leave! game dies! thats all there is to it!!

SHOULD things go like you say, and eveyrone that dislikes it leaves, then guess what, funcom goes broke, and you dont get to play anymore, along with everyone else.

now, not that many people may leave, but outa all the players id say atleast 150 may leave and just say to screw this game.
    WELL, take a guess at what happens then.
    thats about around 1800 dollars a month gone, (1800which they can NOT afford)
    now i have also spoken with alot fo advisors about this to, to see the inside opinions, and well, frankly half of them are worried that this game is screwed.

soooooooooooo
    there is a SIMPLE solution to this.
    hear each sides opinions, set up some polls of solutions and ways to fix it, and which ever solutions go over the best, and will reduce the amount of people that will leave drastically, THEN implement the changes and see how it balances things our in the end. see how people learn to exploit things and fix them again, and then get down to the more serious issues of bugs and lag.

and i know for a fact that making a small page attatchment to the AO site and adding some polls is NOT hard at all.
    hell, ill do it if you guys cant.
    just add a link in the log in thig for everyone to go and vote. then the test results should flow in nice and fast.
    this process alltogeather willt ake all of 1 week at most i bet.

Now, does this make any sense to anyone but me? or are my ideas falling upon deff ears?

and i know for a fact that making a small page attatchment to the AO site and adding some polls is NOT hard at all.
    hell, ill do it if you guys cant.
    just add a link in the log in thig for everyone to go and vote. then the test results should flow in nice and fast.
    this process alltogeather willt ake all of 1 week at most i bet.
    Last edited by Phelisha; Mar 14th, 2002 at 02:26:48.

Hmm.
    I'll quit if and only when all 3 of my chars are what I consider "unplayable." As far as longetivity goes, I've been registered since 06-28-01, I have logged 40 DAYS (checked /played) and I *consider* myself PRETTY veteran-ish, even if my primary is mid-level.

I love AO.
    I have loved AO this entire time. Sure RL has effected my ability to really play as MUCH as I'd like, and... it's VERY difficult to level an opifex doctor without evades (very. very very very.) but when I see something I don't like, I'll SAY it. I won't make empty threats. It does me no good.

People say things on impulse. To think the MENTION of concepts and plans for an upcoming patch instill such emotions disturbs me. Though, I do myself, have strong feelings as to the negative effect this patch will have on pet classes.

The truth being. Self buffers will have it better off and the players dependant on others for buffing will no longer be so, so those that HAVE depended on others will be effected in terms of what they expect from this game.

I would like to see pets still able to be active after buffs run off, or engineers given ts/mc buffs. Or anything. Beyond normal. Then we could become as self reliant as the MP class. Though most people I know now currently think that MP and Eng were the only balanced classes, given eng's depend on traders for wrangles.

I AM concerned if Funcom does something I see to be making a mistake. I don't want them to have another 12.6, I don't want half of my friends to disappear again. I want to get back into AO and enjoy the game for many many more days of play.

I just hope my expectations of funcom are met, and I'm not disappointed with 14.2, as I strongly feel, given the information we do have, I WILL BE.

Re: Morons lurk among us

Originally posted by ENF*Isarugi
    Half of the people here are complete idiots. First of all I am completely TIRED of people assuming that all the people for the patch are n00bs and all the people against it are seasoned veterans. Thats the stupidest genralization Ive ever heard. For the people who think that, you are absolute idiots and should you decide to quit... good riddance you winey sore losers. Aww tired of playing then take your ball and go home, nobody is going to miss you. I and many of my RL and OL friends have been playing this game forever and I even was there to watch my friend play a lot of the Beta. Guess what, we are all for it! Whats that? We must not have twinked characters? Think again, one of more than a few characters I have, my lvl 50 Enforcer can knock (assuming a CHEAP Trader doesnt put all his CHEAP spells on me) anyone into next week with his obscenely OE'd Armor, Implants, and Beam. Not to mention missions are a joke to any twinked character under lvl 100. And many if not all my friends are in Guilds that give them all the frickin money they need to twink their characters to perfection as well. So there goes that generalization out the window you morons. I am completely tired of Engineers and Traders complaining about this OE nurf. So what your lvl 50 Engi wont be able to have a lvl 140 Slayerdroid sorry to tell you, you shouldnt have been able to have one in the first damn place. Thats about as cheap as being able to team with a lvl 140 enforcer and keep all the exp from all the high lvl mobs. Traders are complete crybabies your class is still the best with or without the change, wtf is your real complaint? No more overcharging for wrangles? Tough s***, live with it!
    Thats pretty much the point i was trying to make... Hehe... i was just too lazy to spend much time on it because its an old issue and im tired seeing these people all the time... i just saw scumbag's post and had to jump to the newbies aid... Imo anyone with any EQ experience is good enough to listen to... i wasted 3 flippin yrs on that game... *sigh*

Angry

FLAMES AHOY.

Did Funcom forget they made this program...

Did Funcom forget how their game was created. They put OE into this game, and I find it hard to believe that when the game was envisioned, OE was probably a selling point against other online games.

Hey FUNCOM, do you know how many online ROLE PLAYING GAMES are comin out this year. Even if you lose 20 or 30 percent of your customer to this OE issue, you'll be ok. But your probably gonna lose another 20% to Star Wars Galaxy, AC2, Necron, Dragon Empire, Super Hero(online game), and who knows how many games will debut in 2003.

This Cut and DRY move is not a smart business decision. I'm telling you because I really like the state of the game. Do something to stop level 10 characters from OE too much, but don't hurt characters that are at least 50+ in level. If someone sticks with the game that long, by getting better implants and buying buffs, let them use it.

I and thousands of other dedicated customers like the game.

Remember the customer is always right!!!!!!!!!!

And you guys created the buffing and implants for that reason!!!!!!!!!

Your Pvp system doesnt mean anything now.

Whats next, yu die and lose loot, like in Ultima Online, or Everquest.

Someone in Funcom is neither playing the game enough, nor thinking out of the box.

To Fix OE at low levels, you need to THINK OUT OF THE BOX...

NOT SMOKE THE BOX!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Killerbee69 LVL 94 agent
    Pvpman LVL 107 MP
    Killerbe LVL 28 MA

Page 72 of 90 FirstFirst ... 225354555657585960616263646566676869707172737475767778798081828384858687888990 LastLast