Thread: Over-equipping - here we go....

corrected and edited

Maitrize, Raysight, Anisotropic changed as noted.

By the way if you are on the neutral list that is because your FIRST post suggested no FOR or AGAINST notion to the OE changes in the patch, suggested testing and more testing, or was just a simple rant against FC on another issue.

I'm completely for an IN GAME poll for each account to be taken once when you log in. I suggested that in my second post. Like I said, this was just something for me to do to see an overall idea based off first messages who was for or against.

If anyone on the neutral list wants to come off of it to go to the PRO or CON list just say so.

Thus far out of 378 entries I've gotten a total of 8 fixes. 4 of those from neutral based off of first posts - 4 incorrect. I said there would be a 10 percent gap and that means 37 corrections to be made. Right now the poll I have up is less than 10 percent wrong.

Polls in general

drabin i am defitenly in the negative on this one until someone from funcom says that they are reducing mob hit points to go along with oe patch--and this is the forth time i am asking you to switch me on your incorrect list
    and it really does not matter if the number are wrong or right, if roughly 20% of the population quits over this upcoming nightmare funcoms AO as we know it today will cease to exist as a viable game.--just my 2 cents
    and i am not against the overquipping patch i am against leaving the mobs way overquipped with a million hit points while we get our damaged reduced. if they fix the mobs i will continue to play but if they leave them at the insane levels they are at today i am gone on patch day-and blah blah blah and no you cant have my stuff
    +OE patch = long over due
    - Insane ac and hit points on mobs if not fixed along with oe patch =BAD VERY BAD

Re: You say this, I say that....

Originally posted by Xaeberane

Ok you call it optimization others call it overequiping. Shall we mince words some more? Let's muddy the waters even further and make the topic even more rediculous.
    Optimization....is it right for a lvl 10 player to carry the same equipment as a lvl 50 player...lvl 75 player...lvl 100 player or even a lvl 20 player? Should that much "optimization" be allowed?
    Ok you don't like that, lets say it in another example.
    A lvl 40 player has "optimized" himself so he is wearing equipment and weapons that make his character as powerful as a lvl 100 player. Or perhaps a lvl 100 player who has "optimized himself to be as powerful as a lvl 200 player.

It's all very possible with the game the way it currently is. Hell yeah I can equip and QL 150 Stigma Rifle on my lvl 35 agent , but is that fair to the lvl 100 agent who's not able(financially or just can't find the buffs or equipment) who is stuck with a QL 100 Stigma? No it most definatly is not.

first, this shows you have no idea how ATK works.
    a level 100 with a QL200 weapon is not nearly as powerful
    as a level200 character. The weapon damage is MULTIPIED
    by the ATK skill. A character with double the ATK skill will
    be doing an enourmous amount more damage with the
    same weapon.

as for your example, I have no sympathy for a
    level 100 agent who can't finance himself or
    'cant find the buffs or equipment'.

"not fair"?
    what's not fair is dumbing down my game for incompetent people.

Re: lol

Originally posted by Charrity

other classes I cant really say much for...on how the patch will effect them.
    I m adventurer, and this patch won t do anything to me

Flame away, but the fact remains if someone cant own a deep red monster..or humanoid, they seem to think they arent uber enough..or they are gimped.
    i prefer avoid the red

Thats what this game has turned into. I hope funcom isnt discouraged and implements this.
    See i 'm an old roleplayer, i ve played in(not computerized) game as old as Tunnel and Trolls, or Advanced Dungeons & Dragons, GURPS, and a lot of other role playing game. And what happened to AO is the rising of numerous GROS BILL (BIG BIL?). Guys that are just a list of big weapon, and big stak of nano. Well, maybe they ll try to play GI Joe, you can overequip him maybe.

Corrected List (up to date)

(Positive) - Those that give a favorable remark or outright approve the OE part of the patch.
    (Negative) - Those that give an unfavorable remark or outright disapprove of the OE part of the patch.
    (Neutral) - Those that say nothing about the patch altogether, wish for further testing, or are neither for or against the OE part of the patch.

This poll will get bigger. This poll is the offical poll of the OE part of this patch for the first 68 (SIXTY EIGHT) pages of the thread. This poll is current and up to date.

(Positive) - 168 votes
    (Negative) - 98 votes
    (Neutral) - 112 votes

(Positive list)
    Squick
    Hoover
    Eloy
    Pangur
    Kryos
    MSag
    Poteen
    Intra
    Drabin
    Nightlord
    MrTreatime
    Erelius
    Bionitrous
    Psilock
    n0th1ng
    AIL leader
    Stuckey
    Blackwing
    Corri_SOTA
    Marthos
    Terrorizer
    Dr. Sent
    Scorus
    Omega
    Sytrae
    hideo2
    onomastikon
    ImaGideon
    Szentisha
    Katwon
    Psilock
    Jorl
    Freedman
    Darkbane
    Magikha
    Hextorr
    Sarelron
    Nalissa
    Highttower
    Edict
    Kilrwavz
    Nibiru
    Paldorr
    Thargon
    Steroidjerk
    dJOEk
    Skybert
    Deljin Blaed
    Drenir
    Mmore
    Nakoda
    Xephiroth
    Templar Red
    Pacifica
    Psilex
    Rawsan
    Ionick
    Shard
    Fion
    Muftak
    Seoman
    JohnMcClain
    Ymodem-G
    Akushin
    Lichoon
    Moondawg
    Brad, STL/MO
    Davedread
    Cernix
    Oldscotch
    Snails
    Siksi
    Tekhead
    Gigaquad
    Netsapiens
    Ponder
    Puppetfinger
    Charritty
    Bully
    Zuh
    Qantaqa
    Starbob
    Fumar
    Zargoslord
    Thescotsman
    Zwie
    Tipai
    Mikebond
    General JinJinn
    Whitedread
    Gaspard
    Doc against PvP
    Chynn
    Mirandia
    Reppaz
    Malkosha
    Xyberviri
    Spook
    Lightining
    ENF*isarugi
    Lozer
    VamphOzr
    Camper
    Skara
    Bronto-Cowboy
    nanomancer
    Meka
    Keisuki FD
    Snublefot
    Pencap
    neurozic
    Vrach
    hexxia
    hextorr
    Lilith
    CHILD
    Silmaril
    Chromatorg
    Angelous0001
    VIP1912
    Croaker
    Shadelore
    Cheetra
    Foul Ole Ron
    Nikho
    DeKida
    Dogleg
    MorphX
    Sloth
    Profusious
    Striked
    Exekius
    Highway
    Strikethree
    DiVillian
    Fotik
    Canidy
    D.Shaffer
    Elria
    Iceman
    Nvrmore100
    Killahsin
    Cyberwiz
    Tyger
    RedSonja
    Aimabel
    Mimmi
    Maephina
    Dogberry545
    Dorn B’Dinn
    LucidTrance
    ArAgOrN
    Master Wong
    Rexpen
    Helise
    AdvClown
    Noq
    Paganheart
    EziSarious
    Christopher
    Yme
    Troll
    MrPendent
    Ieungm
    Thruthvang
    Adolanabantz
    Beastie
    Crymcyn

(Negative List)
    Pantheon
    Darkphoenix
    Wompla
    MuCephi
    Xylon
    Thegrimblade
    DJuxtapose
    BigStrongGuy
    max-iic
    Tindish
    Dareus
    Scumbug
    Arila
    Baxie
    Munti
    Tjessem
    Slinki
    Rolller
    Morgoth
    Omniscient
    DukeLeto
    Julia Pomka
    Zyxlquith
    Marc
    Ford Prefect
    ArticZ
    Subject IV
    Rankin Dread
    Jakespeed
    Ironphist
    Peekaboo
    Teccer
    Gokudan
    Aaeleji
    Fongsayyuk
    Zeroshift
    Mechrabbit
    Wutto
    Pete1010
    Lord Cyrik
    Sdloner
    Smack
    Usananoman
    Crin
    Don Fiendieloni
    Ethanmonat
    Phelisha
    Skatty
    Stifelife
    Shizara
    Suede
    Xandru
    heart of evil
    Tsk
    Demoncleaner
    Urshulgi
    Blade / Silki X
    Celestiness
    thatdangelf
    reznoir
    Junglerot
    mahdi
    Felix7
    mephala
    Mrbunny
    Valis
    Zarfon
    Barron
    Stickyspoonz
    Ravencroft
    Melcommish
    Postier
    Furyferret
    Denaura
    Donzilla
    Lord iCeDrAgOn
    Uziel
    Painsmaiden
    Greybear
    Leviathan
    Gemfire
    Jeek500
    Exmax
    KIRTAP
    Zhubarb
    Its-me
    Entrap
    Hafenbraut
    Wirus
    Seppo
    Boogiebum
    Dogmatize
    DrCam
    Silent
    Anisotropic
    Maitrize
    Raysight
    Dark_Omen

(Neutral List)
    Starknaked
    Cloud
    Azzazzimon
    Nitewolf
    Valdus
    Dropcid
    Urshu
    Defjam
    Kirrana
    WGMelchior
    Evilglitch
    ryu1313
    Lord Nemesis
    Takuan
    RoboKa
    Miriandel
    Snarf
    Besheba
    Moodyman
    Arcanian
    Penguin
    Arinia
    Dscoper
    Vandame
    Zuleica
    Fingers
    Cbehrens40
    Xtremtech
    Orion
    Alkanphel
    grahamX0r
    Cub
    Cat
    Selfished
    Senator-jesse
    Pneuma
    Machievelli
    Jackswift
    Jentai
    Halbundy
    Ecce
    Gavalon
    Yme
    MrGumby
    Forth
    daVinci
    Thral
    Halcyinv2
    Utrilla
    Eliteskillz
    Ulala
    [Crispy Chicken]
    Skyxxis
    Damion666
    maxenhancements
    killahsin
    Tek
    Matilades
    Oshikai
    Shandrilar
    Anglais
    Morloyck
    Sensei
    Stabber
    Medwar
    x-genesis
    kijiko
    cerbius-trader
    Cheese
    doctorearl
    war
    Cadelite
    stercoral
    nanogater
    Spacegipsy
    kaiousama
    Glotock
    Jodocast
    Nzime
    Bauxite
    Bartleby
    Nerdboy
    Muni
    Rentrenegade
    Griemdall
    Sadie
    Vespucci
    Maligant
    Vicktor
    Talonpheonix
    Relic
    Xylon
    Hawx
    LordHelmchen
    Lanasia
    Diu
    Oniko
    Metabolism
    Spambastard
    Maximilian
    Xaeberane
    Aurorae
    Mara
    Ripple of Soul
    Ultra1
    Turbulence
    Carlsberg
    Freedmen
    Marleen
    Krui
    Sernon*-)

My prediction: DISASTER

This is way ahead of schedule and not thought out. Does it need to be done? Sure, why not. Should it be done now? Of course not, you havent thought it out, and we all know the situation on the test server. It's going to be rushed out and ruin the game for everyone. The VERY THING that makes over equipping possible, NCU, isn't even affected! Where is the logic here? How is this going to affect level 100+ play? I guess we will find out when it goes live. Good luck!

Re: Debuffing

Originally posted by Paganheart
    I just read a few of the concerns about debuffing on fighting classes and damage/armour. This is nothing new to AO, NTs have always had to deal with this.
    Same for MAs...been dealing with it since day 1. ("QL" of our fists directly correlates to _current_ MA skill...I've been hit by divest/plunders that've knocked 60 levels of damage output off of me(-300~)).
    Now all the other profs get to deal with it as well I suppose. You'll all have to do what NTs and MAs have always done...suck it up and pray you kill the trader with your gimped damage (or unresponsive pet...at least it's still doing full damage tho), sit down and wait it out, then rebuff and go back to work. And pray for no adds in the interim It's do-able.

At least this raises the visibility of the problem we've been griping about all along

WOULD YOU QUITE AO??

This letter will be informal. If you ask me this patch 14.2 blows. What does AO stand for ANARCHY ONLINE. So why is overequiping being nerfed? Sems like the only people i hear looking forward to this patch are people who are new to the game and don't understand how to get this armor or that weapon equiped. From what i can tell the only profession that is going to be hurt by this is the engi. We will no longer have thata uber pet to taunt mobs off of use if we have to use lower pets to fight how come we are not getting any new nanos
    i can cast a pet and buff it thats it. Crats get nukes. charms, roots, and a pet. MPs get nukes, pet buffs, nano skills buffs, and 3 pets. A engi gets a bot and ac buffs. So why do engis get a bot that doesn't time oout and can be uber high? That is there only way to survive. OK you say "get a group then" Problem with that at my lvl right now to stay alive in worthwhile missions with a team i need A mp who can cast mochams, a trader who can do 100 plus wrangle, a doc to keep the trader alive, a enforcer to taunt when needded, then a fixer or advent for run buffs and the like, then a engi. now your in a fight and you know once this fight is over you will need to be rebuffed, then there is an add jumps on the enforcer doc is healing enforcer fight almost done engi's buff wears out fight over bot is now /pet behind well at this point the mp is being attacked no buff from mp trader has to ransack and deprive to cast 132 wrangle enforcer trying to taunt but not working atm doc healing like crazy, engi standing there looking at like an idiot while his team is dieing,every one gets mad kicks th eengi gets a second doc because they need more heals. humm engi all alone with bot that want respond he can't leave the zone because he will lose that bot, i have never had a pet follow me to differnt zone on anythign other than /pet follow, hum so you terminate bot then go try to find another group with exactly what you need in it couple hours later still looking well guess what you have to log because you have work/school next day i just made 2k credits and about 30k xp time well spent ya. I started playing an engi becuase sometimes i get pissed at grouping and like to go out to the middle of nowhere with no one around just kill stuff wether its deep red or birght green its fun i make some money some loot and some xp and don't have to worry about anyone else dieng or anythign like that, when i wanna group i play my enforcer or ma. No here is my question (doesn't really matter to high lvl chars they will meet or exceed the requirments of there stuff anyways) If they implement this patch the way it is stated as working will you quite AO? I know for a fact i will. I may be missed by some or laughed at by others oh well i don't really care what others think. so if you read this just add a reply that says DOWN WITH 14.2, or GO AHEAD WITH 14.2. The 140+ chars doesn't really matter with this patch they can for the most part equip high enough stuff that will be just like that 50 agent useing a ql 100 gun. I will miss AO if or when i leave but i play AO becuase of bragging rights hey look at this bot i got or i just got this gun on, and also its ANARCHY (or supposed to be) so if you look at that agent and you wanna kill him because he is your same lvl you think about it does he have a bigger gun?, nicer armor? than me one way to find out. Nope he was better had better stuff so how do i get that? Figure it out there are lots of guilds and older chars who will help you out if you aask the trick is to find them how knows that lvl 3 enforcer next to you may have a 150 MP and will answer questions or help you if need be. Wel thats all i know this want do anything but i would like to see who is in favor of and who isn't with this patch 14.2

What could make me change my mind?

I was just browsing around as the servers were down for the second time TODAY, and thinking about the patch. I realised that no it won't matter what level equipment you can put on , because even if you are level 1 and somehow manage to shoehorn in QL200 equipment, due to the 20%/-25% formula, that piece of QL200 equipments acts like a piece of QL1 equipment. Well, FC, lets carry this out to it's logical conclusion. If I have a weapon, let's say some sort of laser rifle, and I don't deal as much damage with it because I don't understand how to use it,(being OE'd), then once I gain the nessicary skill to use it correctly, my damage output goes up with it(Being 0% OE'd). Now when my skill goes to 20% above that laser rifle's nominal requirements, shoudln't my damage output increase 25%(Being 20% UE'd)? If I've got this rifle, and at first I can't use it because the rifle scope is computerised, and I don't know how to reload it quickly, when my skill increases with it, why shoudln't I go BEYOND it's normal damage output? Suddenly, I know everything there is to know about the weapon, I can aim and fire it so quickly it's like a natural reaction rahter than a thought about action. I know the scope's deficencies, and I can adjust for that, I know which parts of the body are more suceptible to the type of laser that rifle fires out, I know how to compensate for gravity bending the laser, etc. in short, why not get rid of the equipment QL thing altogether? Just shove it out the door, we don't need it. Instead, get a different sort of statistic based on nominal damage for a weapon and then increase it or decrease it as the skills used by that weapon increases or decreases. instead of having

dmg 10-180(94)
    martial arts 500
    brawl 230
    1h blunt 380
    dimach 140
    , cut out the skill requirments. Just have
    Skills required:martial arts, brawl, 1h blunt, dimach. Base damage: 10-42(12).
    Have each weapon's damage output change using a formula calculated on a character's level, and their skills in the required fields. If you're going to make this big of a change in the game limiting how good equipment an person can have, fix it so it's equal for people underequiped as people overequiped.

And I don't want to hear "Oh, you have bought a renewing subscription" again from the GMs like that means I am pleased with the game. I've bought one because I planned on playing for a few months and I didn't want to have to go pay every month.

OE

I don't like over-equiping. I won't say it's a cheat because it doesn't require any outside/third party software or functionality. It's actually a fundamental part of the game. The FC people wanted to promote healthy teamwork in the character classes and game design. It just wasn't envisioned that it would go to the levels some of us have seen. For example, not to complain, but when I have a lvl 40 Fixer and get challenged by a lvl 17 Enf in the Tir arena my eyebrows raise. Sure I say, thinking: "Boy this should be easy." Oops I get whammied for 300 pts a shot and am only doing 23 pts to him- with my burst. (17 pts normal shots) Hmmm I don't think the game designers meant for this level of disparity to happen. (I could be wrong) But I took it with a grain of salt. After all some General somewhere said, "Superior planning, superior tactics will hold the battlefield everytime." Now after the patch, I'll be looking for that lvl 17 Enf again. LOL. Do you think he will still want to duel?

Ahhh.. all the wonderful questions...

I would like to startt off by saying that i disagree with this patch in principle. People work hard and invest time and money in to these OE'd characters. They do it because they like being better then everyone else and because that is what "building" your character is all about. But i think there is a difference between OE'ing and Twinking. I think that funcom needs to get a better understanding of this. I have a lvl 60 trader who is OE'd. She has a set of armor that is all her lvl +- 10 levels (all within the legal 20% limit). Everything i own and wear is self buffed and bought with hard earned money. I dont sell my wrangles unless i take the time to get mochams and set up in a backyard and adverties. When people ask, i give freely. I make money selling glasses, clothes, information. My implants are all my QL only 2 or 3 are what i would call OE'd implants (and those are only lvl 80). I use a ql 130 vektor which helps me finish off my ql 80-90 missions. If this new patch goes live, i will have to step down to a QL 109 (and i will be legal with the necessary deprive and ransack running). FUNCOM...that is what i call OE'd. To the point of abstructing game play for everyone? NO.

I have also made a younger trader and have given him everything he could ever want. He is lvl a5 and struts around with a lfl 50 ithika (this gun requires aimed shot fling, and shotgun). He has over 60 NCU and wears nothing but a med suit. He first aids for his entire bar and can heal himself for .5 of it at anytime. FUNCOM...thats is twinked. To the point that it disrupts game play for everyone else? YES in that you (FUNCOM) has changed the game world to adjust for his overpowering.

My point: Your patch will affect him NONE! It will hinder my legitimate trader who plays team missions and hunts. After this patch, i will be forced to break out the calculator more often and adjust my implants, NCU's more regularly, but it will in no way cause me to not twink my character to every extent possible. I will still be blowing away noobs in PVP with a 19.5% higher gun that what i can weild. Or if the numbers work out, i will be using a 39.5% gun. Or maybe 39.5% armor and a 19.5 % gun.

FUNCOM, what you need to do is fix the problem, not put limitations on the results. When i read the patch information, amny questions came to mind.
    1) If buffs are included in figuring your skill level, are debuffs considered as well. (as a trader, GOD I HOPE SO!) *wicked laugh*
    2) Weapons that have multiple skills IE 50% shotgun 25 Aimed 25% Fling Will there be 3 different checks and averaged result using the %'s set forth in item data? or will it be solely shotgun skill, with the toher 2 being figured when using those particular shots? If i am missing fling by >20% will thw shot gun still make normal damage and less with fling only?
    3) Nano programs Same questions...once loaded will they be doing 25% less damage based on skills? Or is it still no skill no casting nano?

And here is where i propose an idea. I like the idea of forcing people to continue to run the programs that they use to load a weapon, armor. But that is going to backfire, especially on the newer players who dont have the NCU to hold everything they should, while the twinkers are going to know what eeds to be run and what can be worked around. If you are going to be making drastic changes such as this...try something a little more straightforward and more direct to the problem.
    Player skill / Required skill * Damage Amount = Actual damage
    To be honest, this 20% is just a target to mbe met by every twinker in the game. And believe me, we will! A simple formula like this will give a more accurate indication of the skill/weapon ratio. This can also be applied to armor:
    Player skill/Required skill * AC = Actual AC
    And Implants, And NCU!!!!
    Now here is where i go out on a limb and ad somethign that may or may not be an option...Once a program is loaded, it means that at one time you possessed the skill to understand it. If when your buffs wear off, you lose the ability to cast it. Why? You havent gotten any dumber and it doesnt disappear. How about implementing this formula n all nanos loaded. If you are missing say 30% of the skill, it will be 30% less effective. If it is an older program, and you have leveled since or gotten better buffs, the program would run more efficiently that it did earlier.

Im sorry if this makes too much sense...but come on!
    I only hope that someone reads this and see the logic!FUNCOM..hint, hint!

Re: Corrected List (up to date)

Originally posted by Drabin

This poll will get bigger. This poll is the offical poll of the OE part of this patch for the first 68 (SIXTY EIGHT) pages of the thread. This poll is current and up to date.

Erm okay how is most of this list NOT assumed?
    If you want to poll, start a POLL, not just list assumptions please.
    .:: Isocyanate Doc
    .:: Onigiri Eng
    .:: Myaku MP
    .:: Maitrize Misc
    .:: Moruhine. Pita. Kechi!

The not so official poll according to Maitrize

(Positive) - Those that give a favorable remark or outright approve the OE part of the patch.
    (Negative) - Those that give an unfavorable remark or outright disapprove of the OE part of the patch.
    (Neutral) - Those that say nothing about the patch altogether, wish for further testing, or are neither for or against the OE part of the patch.

This poll will get bigger. This poll is the not so offical poll but just some thrown up banter that most people get categorized in by assumption. It is only in regard to the OE part of this patch for the first 68 (SIXTY EIGHT) pages of the thread. This poll is current and up to date.

(Positive) - 168 votes
    (Negative) - 98 votes
    (Neutral) - 112 votes

(Positive list)
    Squick
    Hoover
    Eloy
    Pangur
    Kryos
    MSag
    Poteen
    Intra
    Drabin
    Nightlord
    MrTreatime
    Erelius
    Bionitrous
    Psilock
    n0th1ng
    AIL leader
    Stuckey
    Blackwing
    Corri_SOTA
    Marthos
    Terrorizer
    Dr. Sent
    Scorus
    Omega
    Sytrae
    hideo2
    onomastikon
    ImaGideon
    Szentisha
    Katwon
    Psilock
    Jorl
    Freedman
    Darkbane
    Magikha
    Hextorr
    Sarelron
    Nalissa
    Highttower
    Edict
    Kilrwavz
    Nibiru
    Paldorr
    Thargon
    Steroidjerk
    dJOEk
    Skybert
    Deljin Blaed
    Drenir
    Mmore
    Nakoda
    Xephiroth
    Templar Red
    Pacifica
    Psilex
    Rawsan
    Ionick
    Shard
    Fion
    Muftak
    Seoman
    JohnMcClain
    Ymodem-G
    Akushin
    Lichoon
    Moondawg
    Brad, STL/MO
    Davedread
    Cernix
    Oldscotch
    Snails
    Siksi
    Tekhead
    Gigaquad
    Netsapiens
    Ponder
    Puppetfinger
    Charritty
    Bully
    Zuh
    Qantaqa
    Starbob
    Fumar
    Zargoslord
    Thescotsman
    Zwie
    Tipai
    Mikebond
    General JinJinn
    Whitedread
    Gaspard
    Doc against PvP
    Chynn
    Mirandia
    Reppaz
    Malkosha
    Xyberviri
    Spook
    Lightining
    ENF*isarugi
    Lozer
    VamphOzr
    Camper
    Skara
    Bronto-Cowboy
    nanomancer
    Meka
    Keisuki FD
    Snublefot
    Pencap
    neurozic
    Vrach
    hexxia
    hextorr
    Lilith
    CHILD
    Silmaril
    Chromatorg
    Angelous0001
    VIP1912
    Croaker
    Shadelore
    Cheetra
    Foul Ole Ron
    Nikho
    DeKida
    Dogleg
    MorphX
    Sloth
    Profusious
    Striked
    Exekius
    Highway
    Strikethree
    DiVillian
    Fotik
    Canidy
    D.Shaffer
    Elria
    Iceman
    Nvrmore100
    Killahsin
    Cyberwiz
    Tyger
    RedSonja
    Aimabel
    Mimmi
    Maephina
    Dogberry545
    Dorn B’Dinn
    LucidTrance
    ArAgOrN
    Master Wong
    Rexpen
    Helise
    AdvClown
    Noq
    Paganheart
    EziSarious
    Christopher
    Yme
    Troll
    MrPendent
    Ieungm
    Thruthvang
    Adolanabantz
    Beastie
    Crymcyn

(Negative List)
    Pantheon
    Darkphoenix
    Wompla
    MuCephi
    Xylon
    Thegrimblade
    DJuxtapose
    BigStrongGuy
    max-iic
    Tindish
    Dareus
    Scumbug
    Arila
    Baxie
    Munti
    Tjessem
    Slinki
    Rolller
    Morgoth
    Omniscient
    DukeLeto
    Julia Pomka
    Zyxlquith
    Marc
    Ford Prefect
    ArticZ
    Subject IV
    Rankin Dread
    Jakespeed
    Ironphist
    Peekaboo
    Teccer
    Gokudan
    Aaeleji
    Fongsayyuk
    Zeroshift
    Mechrabbit
    Wutto
    Pete1010
    Lord Cyrik
    Sdloner
    Smack
    Usananoman
    Crin
    Don Fiendieloni
    Ethanmonat
    Phelisha
    Skatty
    Stifelife
    Shizara
    Suede
    Xandru
    heart of evil
    Tsk
    Demoncleaner
    Urshulgi
    Blade / Silki X
    Celestiness
    thatdangelf
    reznoir
    Junglerot
    mahdi
    Felix7
    mephala
    Mrbunny
    Valis
    Zarfon
    Barron
    Stickyspoonz
    Ravencroft
    Melcommish
    Postier
    Furyferret
    Denaura
    Donzilla
    Lord iCeDrAgOn
    Uziel
    Painsmaiden
    Greybear
    Leviathan
    Gemfire
    Jeek500
    Exmax
    KIRTAP
    Zhubarb
    Its-me
    Entrap
    Hafenbraut
    Wirus
    Seppo
    Boogiebum
    Dogmatize
    DrCam
    Silent
    Anisotropic
    Maitrize
    Raysight
    Dark_Omen

(Neutral List)
    Starknaked
    Cloud
    Azzazzimon
    Nitewolf
    Valdus
    Dropcid
    Urshu
    Defjam
    Kirrana
    WGMelchior
    Evilglitch
    ryu1313
    Lord Nemesis
    Takuan
    RoboKa
    Miriandel
    Snarf
    Besheba
    Moodyman
    Arcanian
    Penguin
    Arinia
    Dscoper
    Vandame
    Zuleica
    Fingers
    Cbehrens40
    Xtremtech
    Orion
    Alkanphel
    grahamX0r
    Cub
    Cat
    Selfished
    Senator-jesse
    Pneuma
    Machievelli
    Jackswift
    Jentai
    Halbundy
    Ecce
    Gavalon
    Yme
    MrGumby
    Forth
    daVinci
    Thral
    Halcyinv2
    Utrilla
    Eliteskillz
    Ulala
    [Crispy Chicken]
    Skyxxis
    Damion666
    maxenhancements
    killahsin
    Tek
    Matilades
    Oshikai
    Shandrilar
    Anglais
    Morloyck
    Sensei
    Stabber
    Medwar
    x-genesis
    kijiko
    cerbius-trader
    Cheese
    doctorearl
    war
    Cadelite
    stercoral
    nanogater
    Spacegipsy
    kaiousama
    Glotock
    Jodocast
    Nzime
    Bauxite
    Bartleby
    Nerdboy
    Muni
    Rentrenegade
    Griemdall
    Sadie
    Vespucci
    Maligant
    Vicktor
    Talonpheonix
    Relic
    Xylon
    Hawx
    LordHelmchen
    Lanasia
    Diu
    Oniko
    Metabolism
    Spambastard
    Maximilian
    Xaeberane
    Aurorae
    Mara
    Ripple of Soul
    Ultra1
    Turbulence
    Carlsberg
    Freedmen
    Marleen
    Krui
    Sernon*-)

STOP SPAMMING THIS LIST WITH YOUR POLL

there, that's said

Drabin, your poll is entirely assumption, based on hearsay and your faulty interpretations of peoples' responses on this thread.

Additionally, I find your use of your snub DrCam in your sig offensive. STOP with the poll. its not helping. its just making the thread longer

there are so many ways to make both sides happy:

- 1 OE-allowed server / 1 anti-OE server

- make ATK rating even more influential in damage formula
    (so that QL of weapon matters much less)

- create a penalty system that scales.
    one that allows all current strategys, limits the bonus,
    and at the same time does not punish players for optimization.

noone is anti-balance. we're just anti dumbing down the game.

Re: What could make me change my mind?

Originally posted by ethanmonat
    I was just browsing around as the servers were down for the second time TODAY, and thinking about the patch. I realised that no it won't matter what level equipment you can put on , because even if you are level 1 and somehow manage to shoehorn in QL200 equipment, due to the 20%/-25% formula, that piece of QL200 equipments acts like a piece of QL1 equipment. Well, FC, lets carry this out to it's logical conclusion. If I have a weapon, let's say some sort of laser rifle, and I don't deal as much damage with it because I don't understand how to use it,(being OE'd), then once I gain the nessicary skill to use it correctly, my damage output goes up with it(Being 0% OE'd). Now when my skill goes to 20% above that laser rifle's nominal requirements, shoudln't my damage output increase 25%(Being 20% UE'd)? If I've got this rifle, and at first I can't use it because the rifle scope is computerised, and I don't know how to reload it quickly, when my skill increases with it, why shoudln't I go BEYOND it's normal damage output? Suddenly, I know everything there is to know about the weapon, I can aim and fire it so quickly it's like a natural reaction rahter than a thought about action. I know the scope's deficencies, and I can adjust for that, I know which parts of the body are more suceptible to the type of laser that rifle fires out, I know how to compensate for gravity bending the laser, etc. in short, why not get rid of the equipment QL thing altogether? Just shove it out the door, we don't need it. Instead, get a different sort of statistic based on nominal damage for a weapon and then increase it or decrease it as the skills used by that weapon increases or decreases. instead of having

dmg 10-180(94)
    martial arts 500
    brawl 230
    1h blunt 380
    dimach 140
    , cut out the skill requirments. Just have
    Skills required:martial arts, brawl, 1h blunt, dimach. Base damage: 10-42(12).
    Have each weapon's damage output change using a formula calculated on a character's level, and their skills in the required fields. If you're going to make this big of a change in the game limiting how good equipment an person can have, fix it so it's equal for people underequiped as people overequiped.

And I don't want to hear "Oh, you have bought a renewing subscription" again from the GMs like that means I am pleased with the game. I've bought one because I planned on playing for a few months and I didn't want to have to go pay every month.
    now that actually makes sense.
    now how come funcom cant think like this?

heh

Zyxlquith,

You've posted more than me on this particular discussion and some folks have posted more than 33 times in this discussion so what's your point?

I see you on the OT leaders chat all the time saying mindless conjecture about topics you know nothing about. If you don't like my posts then look right past them. I for one will not stop posting.

As it stands most of the NEGATIVE posters have nothing good to say about people in general and/or Funcom and instead threaten them with cancellation to have something their way.

If you don't like my poll too bad.

Ummmm

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    As it stands most of the NEGATIVE posters have nothing good to say about people in general and/or Funcom and instead threaten them with cancellation to have something their way.
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    I think you are generalizing just a tad here drabin i am in no way knocking FC or anybody else for that matter. For me its a question of insane mob ac and hp's and thats it i have nothing else against the oe patch as you can note i said in my last post i was for it as long as they were gonna apply the same rules to the mobs.
    And yes on patch day i will see what they did and vote in the only way that matters--with my wallet
    as you can see i have multiple high lvl chars who really wont be affected to bad. But you know what i like rerolling and with the new rules in place a newbie will stand a snowballs chance in hell of ever leveling at a decent rate with the way mob hp's and ac are stacked

Not knocking you Dark_Omen

Not knocking you Dark_Omen. Like I said (most). And yes that is the best generalization a person can give. I saw nothing wrong with your posts at all.

2 things to say

Engineers is my main lvl 145 and cant get any slayer whit this EO thing .. cous my skill is at 700 in t&S and Mc need 853 to canst the lowest slayer ql dont realy now the lvl of it .. and 20 % of 700 + is 840 the highest slayer rec 874 is t&s and MC oki this means i cant make salyer if theer is no trader in team cous when my mocccans are over the pet will stop work and a lvl 130 MP can self buff a highest demon ..

I alwas whanted this path cous i think its more then stuped when i 82 lvl engineer can cast a 200 slayer .. but there is one thing most ppl forget is that a engy only ues pet thats the maine and a pet lvl 100 comperd to a chater ( not saying prof )will do much much more dmg then a engi pet even whit the highest trimmers in the game .. so i am up for this EO there is no need for him to have a slayer ( to easy to lvl if he has a slayer even in lvl 100 )
    So i say nerf us all but dont forget that a engineer pet do to low dmg if he is at the same lvl or soem lvl higher .. yes he has realy much hp but take some of it and give it dmg more dmg thats what we need ...

Oki now for the secend thing i was going to say .. plez traders stop biching about ur wragler beeing the only way for u to make money u was takeing to much befor and now it will still be of ues from soem one .. btw Traders do u realy think u guys need more money then us .. how do u think i get money .. well loots sell **** .. or are u willing to pay 300k for my ac buff =) well u are not so shute the hell up plez u dont need more money then me or any other prof

Page 71 of 90 FirstFirst ... 21525354555657585960616263646566676869707172737475767778798081828384858687888990 LastLast