Thread: Over-equipping - here we go....

Re: Hear, hear!

Originally posted by Iceman
    I read almost all the posts. Didn't read through all the postings starting with: "but now my lvl XX *insert profession here* will be nerfed AGAIN!"

My god, don't you super-twinkers get it? A ql 200 rifle is not supposed to be available at low lvl's. And what the h*** is the point in playing through 200 lvl's when all you have to show for it equipment-wise is that your equipment is no longer OE'd?

What is the point then?`

To me, the OE-part of the patch looks like it will actually increase the longevity of the gaming experience. By which I mean that there will be more to look forward to as you advance through lvl's and increase your abilities.

Good work FC, keep up the good work.

Kind regards
    Lvl 56 NT, selfbuffed( that's right +20skills/+12abilities )
    I solo 50% missions!!!

One last thing: This is my second posting here. To all you people who have been posting for ages, and seem to think that you are the omnipotent gods of AO-forums:

1. I am a player, I have a right to make my opinion known in this forum.

2. I have played 100 lvl's all together with different char's. I know what I am talking about.

3. It's all about my experience subjectively.

4. I have yet to see ANY objectively motivated comments in these forums. It's all about "I got this" or "I didn't get that", sounds like four-year olds.

5. PLZ don't give me any crap about how you are better suited to discuss game mechanics just because you have three lvl 150+ char's. It doesn't take that much time to get a feel for the game.

6. DO NOT REPLY TO THIS POSTING.
    #6 made me do it. Just wanted to say your a n00b and you dont have a grasp of how hard lvl 200 mobs hit. Until you do, please don't make absurb statements without saying "well they should lower mob hp and damage like it was before they twinked it to deal with the OE issue."

what about engies!?!?!?

the over-equipping changes are gonna be hell for engineers!! ok, so the bots will finish their fight first, but that makes things like masteries and wrangles completely useless to us!

i mean, whats the point of having a bot you can only use as long as the buff lasts??

also, i suggest that engineers get some equivelant to the MP masteries, as i think MPs are too powerful.. it would even things out a little, and us engies wouldent be so reliant on them to make decent pets.

-=Nexus=-

Question quick question

is this next patch there putting in tonight the one lowering mobs hp?

I guess Im actually lost, I mean really lost.

If they say the AC has already been reduced, then Im either not up-to-par with my AC / WEAPON / PROGs / IMPLANTS or I just suck really bad.

I cant wait to see this implemented at the same time Im really dreading it.

Which do u think youll see first:

1) patch 14.2

2) The end of ChainCasting NPCs

3) The end of Shooting while casting NPCs

4) The ability NPCs have to cast thru walls as u run from them while you cant do the same?

5) Actual Loot in chests

6) A map of ANDROMEDIA in a chest instead of MORT / NEWLANDS

7) A stack of bullets in a chest( which I havent seen in like 7 days)

Go for 1, its your best bet.

just one thought ... try to follow:

level 1 < level 200 in power.

by the same idea, level 100 < level 200 and level 100 > level 1

now, if you can equip QL130 at level 70... thats 130-70=60 levels appart ok? so you can kill mobs higher than level 70 with relative ease, but not mobs of level 130.

Now, imagine the same char at level 170, ... his weapon will be what QL200? the range between him and his gear will be halved... and he got the habit of killing stuff easily (stuff that was already easier to kill at lower levels), so now, he's less potentially powerful, and doesnt have the skills to cope with level 170.

How many people above level 170? how many are making twinks because they can't cope? sure there is the lack of contents that makes people make twinks, but for the majority its because the game is out of whack at higher levels after taking the habit of playing in godmode.

So, instead of gaining power by leveling, you gain power until you reach the level at which you can first equip the QL200 weapon, then its going down, the same goes for pets. MMORPG's are based on progression, not regression.
    Date of registration 2001-06-27 13:46:17 UTC
    Account status Open

To those who want OEing to stay, explain to me why you think that your OEed chars are the only ones who should pvp? New players don't have a chance at pvp vs a twink.

I've heard ppl complain that not enough ppl pvp... Why do you think that is?

I'll also ask you why do you think there is a level restriction on pvp untill lvl 70. It is so that low level and NEW players have a fair chance at pvp and not getting wiped out.

OEers like the system the way it is because they cannot be touched by tougher and higher level characters and they can kill anyone there level who is twinked less than them.

14.2 cannot come fast enough for me.
    Biomed

Antimatter

"Whoever fights monsters should see to it that in the process he does not become a monster. And when you look long into an abyss, the abyss also looks into you."
    -Nietzsche

Re: Percentage represented

Originally posted by Nzime
    Although there are an amazing numbers of replies, a lot of them are from the same person over and over again. Out of curiosity, how many unique IDs have posted a reply, and then, what percentage of your customer base do they represent?
    Unfortunately I don't think the admin pages in this software allows me to check that easily, and I am not going to start counting. No way.

However, I have noticed a lot of people with a low posts count posting in this thread, which makes me happy, as it seems we have reached way more people than just the hardcore bulletin board crowd.

Originally posted by killahsin
    "if they dont lower the hp and ac of mobs then the game will be so un-balanced that it will be RUINED!!!!!!!!"

again another person who ignored the original post about over-equiping. Why were mobs hp and ac raised in the first place Phelisha?
    So far there is nothing mentioned about lowering the stats on mobs with this fix. I asked but I doubt they will find my question in this monster thread ;(
    RK1 Guild Apocalypse

Dillon "Duradas" Belote, Fixer
    Kiyoko "Selarana" Vallone, Meta Physicist
    Donald "Jorman" Dublin, Bureaucrat
    Burl "Gnorrg" Marinos, Enforcer
    Florence "Florania" Aronstein, Doctor
    ----
    RK3, Arnold "Gideon" Reineman, Enforcer

Re: quick question

Originally posted by Phelisha
    is this next patch there putting in tonight the one lowering mobs hp?
    well? anyone know?

Re: i thought it a good thing to bring this post of mine back

i just want some comments on my idea here on how to re balance the engineer.
    it sounds good to me, but would anyone be upset by it?
    I tried self-buffing only my level 85 engineer. could use a warbot. did a level 100 mission (with some deep reds in) without too much difficulty.

I think the main problem is people are so used to uber pets, they've forgotten how to play. the vaue of trimming, of repairs, of support fire, of buffing the pet....

Re: Mother of God

Originally posted by Donzilla
    My biggest problem with this nerf is regarding the issue of pet professions. With this they seem to be saying that you can't use a pet until your unbuffed skills are good enough to cast it. Because if your buffs run out your pet will attack you. This means that were you to self(with expertises) and they ran out, your pet turns on you. With proper buff management you would be able to keep your pet right? No, when you recast expertises it first terminates the old buff meaning there is a fraction of a second where you lose your bot, so now your bot kills you. Why don't I just start a fixer and start running now?

lvl 73 crat
    lvl 66 eng
    lvl 6 MP

and now
    lvl 47 fix

And why are they doing this? all we've been told it is because people are having fun lvling and getting new stuff....
    go read the article again, you're wrong in so many ways.

Thumbs down

bump
    Last edited by Pendaric; Mar 9th, 2003 at 11:55:39.

Re: Re: i thought it a good thing to bring this post of mine back

Originally posted by hexxia

I tried self-buffing only my level 85 engineer. could use a warbot. did a level 100 mission (with some deep reds in) without too much difficulty.

I think the main problem is people are so used to uber pets, they've forgotten how to play. the vaue of trimming, of repairs, of support fire, of buffing the pet....
    Hehe, so what's the problem people?

Anyway, how long do debuffs last? A few mins, usually. Your pets finish the current fight, and then you'll just have to wait until the debuffs run out... Weapon users already do that. At least I'm not going to fight anyone if my rifle skill suddenly drops by 1/4 from a ransack and/or deprive nano. NT's can do the same, or just keep some lower lvl nanos ready too.

And ok, FC hasn't said they're going to lower mob HP, but I think, if everyone starts getting slaughtered by greens, then even Funcom would take the hint, and we'll see an emergency patch very soon, lowering HP...

Angry Down Time

*<-- Is here because we are down for patching again* OK, i twink, i admit it, its fun. I have multiple chars that are OE by a long shot and even my main char will suffer greatly from this patch. I mean seriously what happens in PvP when a trader takes away 100+ of your skills and what? you cant attack? you cant tell your pet/bot to attack? balanced? you have got to be joking. You mentioned it would be ok if you have a trader on your team and an MP to run high QL pets, umm wrangles last how long FC? i dont think so... as far as im aware Wrangles were created to *Put higher QL weapons on* now as far as i can tell FC was hoping ppl would have better weapons, Odviously its backfired .... I really think you should alot more subtle.. watch your players dwindle as this patch is released, only the ppl that are AO fanatics will stay. Nerfing will be the End of this game.

Thumbs down

An actual GOOD change and everyone and their mother comes here to complain about it. Somthing that will add DEPTH to the game. Yet you all complain about it because you wont be able to solo 200 missions at 120. Or kill those level 80 people at level 60 blah blah blah. "Thats what makes this game special." No what i am noticing here of what makes this game special is the depth, of normal play. You see so many different things, yet find out most of the weapons are worthless, because u can just squeeze into that ql 200 set of everything and your done. at level 60. Never again having to change anything. If you call that right or fair or fun your rediculous. Right now with an intelligent player there is NO DEPTH. None whatsoever.

Stop trying to save your twinks, and let Funcom fix this game. [/B][/QUOTE]

You really haven't been paying much attention to this game have you?
    When exactly was the last time u actually saw depth? the lack of depth is not the fault of OE it's just an excuse to mess with the players even more this is only going to do 1 of 2 things......
    1.It will give ppl even less to do and they will quit.....fairly simple
    2. People will start over equipping even more then ever if u thought it was bad before u haven't seen anything. Have u ever wondered what it would look like if someone lvl20 had a ql200 weapon on? do u think that might be possible? with all the stacking and dozens of buffs etc. etc......that would be cool too see but fortunately I don't believe it's possible but every sinle twink is gonna go for that goal now and all the ppl who could compete before will be in very bad shape after this.
    Last edited by Pendaric; Mar 13th, 2002 at 11:28:57.

Yeah I figured I would give AO Basher a break and actually post here for once =P how does it go? Long time listner first time caller. hehe. I like the idea of starting my first toon over, but hope I can remember how I had him before. I wonder how many people wrote down or took screen shots and are pondering over them as the servers are down. Until tomorrow (for US people) see you later. /me opens apartment, tosses weapons and armor down, and turns on he Xbox

Re: what about engies!?!?!?

Originally posted by Nexus900000
    the over-equipping changes are gonna be hell for engineers!! ok, so the bots will finish their fight first, but that makes things like masteries and wrangles completely useless to us!

i mean, whats the point of having a bot you can only use as long as the buff lasts??

also, i suggest that engineers get some equivelant to the MP masteries, as i think MPs are too powerful.. it would even things out a little, and us engies wouldent be so reliant on them to make decent pets.

-=Nexus=-
    you'll still be able to go approx 6 bot levels higher when your base skill is 500 if you get other people to buff you and STILL retain control when those buffs run out.

Buffs and masteries will still be useful. QED.

Unhappy yep

i tell ya, UO is lookin better and better by the moment here.......

Re: yep

i tell ya, UO is lookin better and better by the moment here.......
    yeah, you can make GrandMaster in a week there these days. what then?

Thumbs up Way to go!

The new OE-rules seems very reasonable. To all engies who think soloing at +75% is normal....think twice. I have long waited for a patch that would balance the game better, and this is definately a step in the right direction. I was of course hoping for more NT power, but reducing some of the other classes might just do the trick..

I was about to give up, but new hope has arrised.

Keep up the good work FC.

Page 53 of 90 FirstFirst ... 3343536373839404142434445464748495051525354555657585960616263646566676869707172 ... LastLast