Thread: Over-equipping - here we go....

Re: Sneaking?

Originally posted by Squick
    From what I gather, agents will no longer be able to sneak high difficulty missions, correct?

Does this do anything to prevent Fixers from being able to blitz 100% difficulty missions?

Squick
    you are wrong agents will be able to sneak high diff missions if they have high concealment.

to pet classes, do the maths!

Engineers will not be useless. There will also still be a buffing market.

Take an engineer with a skill of 500 in the required areas and no programs running.

The Engineer can buff himself 22 points (roughly) using expertise and INT/STA/PSY buffs.

522 skill, self-buffed, maintainable.

this means that 20% = 104.

add this 104 onto the maintanable scores
    522+104=626

That will still be perfectly legal under the 14.2 changes, and thats more than likely a blood red bot.

It means instead of a "guardbot" pet, the clever engi could squeeze into a "patchwork warbot" and still use it. thats 6 bots up!

Oh suuure, its not a slayerdroid, but when you're that level and you have that skill, you shouldnt have one anyway.

now thats just the engineer. they can still benefit BIG TIME from MP/trader buffs as shown above. please everyone else, just think about it if you really dont like it. This is to bring some balance back (70 engies should NOT have slayers, it throws the whole game out of whack) and it will give you more of a challenge.

Bionitrous

Bionitrous,

Nowhere in the highlighted portions does it say there will absolutely be no more monster reduction, which is what your previous post made it sound like.

Further balancing will be required. The way monster HP scales compared to player HP, they will have to decrease monster HP.

Also, no reason to come across with attitude especially since what you say is there just isn't.

Skara

Originally posted by Kryos
    Nice article, will might change the Economy in the game a lot. No longer will a Engie or Crat pay insane prices for a Wrangler. And those lvl 75 Agents wont anymore run around with a Q200 stigma.

Overequipping has never been my strongest asset so it wont hurt me.

But the traders will be hurt a lot, with one strike is one their lines made totally worthless. Wranglers time has to be Increased to 30 min or more, before it wil be worth anything again.

Hey! we Traders might actually have to go out on missions and hunt like the rest of us for cash!!! They make serve a function in a party again!!!! ( I.E Keeping the bot alive with his wrangle ) but I agree, you need to make the wrangls last longer. cant be recasting every 2-3 minutes.
    Nitsobar - lvl 219/13 Doc - Equipment - Perks - History
    MrBruce - lvl 204/6 MA - Equipment - Perks - History
    MsHackalot - lvl 123/9 Twink Fixer - Equipment - Perks - History

Veterans of Synergy Factor

Click to email me

Re: ...and another thing...

Originally posted by Zarfan
    With this patch.. all Professions will be about the same in all ways : (at about same level that is..)

Eks 1) All Engineers will have about the same pet
    Eks 2) All MA's will do about the same damage..
    Eks 3) All Traders will use about the same gun

I just inserted QL 172 implants in my 109 MA, and that took me a WHOLE lot of time.. I think i spent about 30 hours or so doing it.. and you know what ? IT WAS FUN !!!!

BECAUSE :
    Now i'm not like all other MA's in the game... I might be a little bit better... and maybe got something that others havent got..

So... i might be a bit different than others...

THAT is what i like with this game !!!!
    Implants are not affected. your MA will not be affected.

Wrangles

I can't say this enough times. Traders DON'T want longer lasting wrangles. When we got a wrangle running our skills is lowered more than the wrangle itself gives. We get useless when wrangles r running. If they should make the wrangles last longer they would have to remove all the penalty it gives to the caster or no trader would ever wrangle again. *sigh*

Zyphoria
    General of Information
    Omni Shadow Ops

Zyphoria 102 Trader
    Dogmatize 79 Engineer

Skara, we know too little about how this patch will be implemented... and what we do know should worry you. Characters will be "equal" ... i.e. boring. identical. cookie-cutter, if you will. We're getting ip back in a system that is bound to open up new exploits, and does not (to our knowledge) account for the early Multi-Range nerf to adventurers... and other issues, like that Engineers will now be the *far* weakest pet class, that LARGE bugs STILL exist in the game that should be fixed...

the Game-play bugs forum has a long list of things that have not yet been addressed... like almost every weapons construction kit

This is not necessary. We have a working system now. FC should be fixing the last bugs and bracing themselves for this summer's release of games, not proposing big balance changes.
    Zyxlquith

ack!

Echoing Zyphoria here:

DO NOT MAKE WRANGLES LAST LONGER. They last too long as it is. I *hate* being debuffed when I cast a wrangle. My whole team suffers during that period of time. The *only* way you could extend the duration of wrangles without seriously angering the majority of traders would be to make the "debuff" effect equal to the "buff" effect, so that you could go back to original skill level.

Zyxlquith again

Exclamation lol

Originally posted by Desbet

I'll be more than honest here, i havn't a clue. Attack rating? never look at it. ever. I look at the skill req of my rifle and the damage 'range' it has. Then I experiment. For example? I had a better ql nomad, with higher fire rate and decent damage but in the end it -never- got a good crit and had to reload 10x more than my stigma of like -10ql (comparativly).
    Attack rateing has alot to do with the game, 1st sign of being a newbee. your attack rateing is what gives you crits. If it is higher than the base amount of the weapons dmg then you will mostly hit with crits. example

weapon dmg 100 (256) your attack rateing 205

which means you will hit an avg of 200-300 and crit for 600-700

if your attack rateing is 331 you will hit 400-500 crit for 900

( I know this is not the exact math but is the avg attack dmg I did with a chr I made)

Originally posted by Desbet

You know.. implants would be a good idea... i should buy some. (havn't yet) AS for several sets.. why in the WORLD would I do more than 1 set?? to what? to where? why? I'm an agent I do one thing.. well three. I sneak, I snipe, I root. I can get those plus afew others into 1 set.

sign #2 of newbeism

When I 1st started playing the game 8 months ago I was the same way, even had a engi tell me that he could make imps for me for free and I asked what is imps (lol I was soooo stupid to the game back then) implants give you that extra edge that you may need to euip a better gun use better nano (depends on how you see your chr in the future) I will even go as far to show you how a couple of imps will make your chr better.

here is 3 ql 30 imps that would help you that you can easly put in at you current lvl ( remeber that you can design them however you see fit, its you chr not mine) this is just for insight.

ql 30 eye imp
    rifle +21, treatment +12, concelalment +7

ql 30 right wrist imp
    run speed, +21 aim shot +12

ql 30 feet imp
    concelment +21, agility + 10, duck explosions +7

all 3 of the imps req 64 base abilitys and 147 treatment to put in

with just thease imps alone you can put on a better gun and get other perks as well a program you might want to look at is nano nanny you fill in the slots of the imps with what you want tell it what ql you are looking at putting on and then it tells you the exact numbers as to what skills you will increase and by how much. (note every imp has 3 slots bright, shinneing, and faded that increase your skills, some will not fit your chr but most will, I'll let you learn that on your owne)
    My small army on rbk2

NT
    Got Nullity Sphere?

Crat

trader
    <--flavor of the month

I See you!

Originally posted by Arila
    hmmm, i dont understand how the heck they exspect the Ip reset thingy to work, how do the point system work? 90 points? what do that mean? and so on, besides that, then the engineers no longer can solo missions besides thos on their own level, which is tottaly bad

Welcome to my world. I cant do lvl 90 missions solo as a doc. Deal with it
    Nitsobar - lvl 219/13 Doc - Equipment - Perks - History
    MrBruce - lvl 204/6 MA - Equipment - Perks - History
    MsHackalot - lvl 123/9 Twink Fixer - Equipment - Perks - History

Veterans of Synergy Factor

Click to email me

From my perspective, the people that throw out numbers about L30 using QL80 Gun or QL100 Pet or what have you, might be missing something.

To me, its not about the numbers. Its about forcing people to play a certain gamestyle that they dont get into.

Can a L30 get a QL80 pet or gun using the OE cap? I have no clue.

Does it matter one way or the other? It shouldn't. Thats how they play the game. Thats thier style - Thier MO of developing a character.

If that is different from someone who chooses not to OE or does not know how to OE, why should the OE'er get punished? Why is that bad? Why is one person's playstyle better than someone else's playstyle?

Why is it bad that some people want to push the absolute limit of char development? Its human nature to try to get yourself in a better position. You can't suppress the human ingenuity to try to put themselves in a better position than the next person.

I've been calm up until now....

Originally posted by Foul Ole Ron
    I think dealing with overequipping is a great idea. The game is way too unbalanced. Those who already have high level characters or a bunch of friends willing to spare some creds can get so over equipped nowadays, it's ridiculous .. and a real bugger to the newbs who play it straight.

Also, I'm looking forward to seeing patch 14.2 in effect in the PvP areas. Now, the people who occupy them are mostly twinkers, and normal players don't stand a chance, no matter what colour the opponent is. Balancing things will do a lot of good ..

I can't help feeling a little down for'em traders, though.
    You should prolong the wrangles so they're still useful.

Other than that? .. One of the best and most promising patches I've heard about!
    1. Go out and make friends.
    2. Mission together and get some cash.
    3. Get some good kit with the cash.

I just wish that people like this would look at the whole picture. As it's been mentioned before, all the low people will be high one day, and you'll be faced with an issue similar to this. As far as high level people go and the work that people have put into getting their characters where they are, it's just another smack in the mouth.

I don't mean to start a fire here, but how many of you new people have got Yalmaha's? - I bet it's a damn sight more than when the higher level people started, and even then, finding them in a chest was like finding rocking horse sh*t. Most people parted with at least 4.2 million very hard earned credits to get one, and when you did, it was a door to another world.

Now they're as common as muck, and Trade has turned into an airport waiting lounge.

How many new people have had money given to them by complete strangers? I must have given about 10 million credits away during my time, and every time I enter the backyard, there are "Money PLZ" messages cluttering my screen.

The pioneer backpack is named as such because the people that got them were Pioneers. We killed leets for cash, we worked hard for our rewards, we spend time helping those without, then get it all thrown back at us.

This Moon-On-A-Stick attitude is what makes AO hell sometimes. People just expect to get everything with as little effort as possible. If you people want a one-dimensional game, that will allow for very little diversity, then go ahead, support the OE patch.

If you want a game where you can diversify, rely on friends, and really learn about, then you'll be anti-OE patch. Tagging the IP reset into this gem is just rude as far as I'm concerned, and a very weak attempt at AO politics trying to polist a turd.

If I was FC, I'd leave this issue well alone, and release AO2 or create a different server for people that have a problem with actually doing hard work to get somewhere.

As for traders, yes they'll have it hard, but think of a trader in PvP?

I used to test out my characters with the highest Trader on RK1 (Noer, who sadly has left for the time being), and we actually worked out after the fight, that once he had finished sucking my power from me, my character was effectively 60 levels lower than at the start of the fight. And you feel sorry for Traders???

What FC are attempting to do is fix something that isn't broken. The only thing that is causing this whole issue is the fact that there are the "Haves and Have Nots". Perhaps you should start running car keys down Ferrari's in your spare time, seeing as you want the things that you cannot have, you'd go to the lengths of spoiling it for those that have worked hard.

The way I see it, it's a patch that will make AO one-dimensional, anti-social, and boring. The attitude that people who do not have the grace to accept that AO does involve taking time to learn really does upset me, as they also seem to be tarring every person that has taken time and effort with the same brush.

If there's one thing thing that will separate the class/level structure it's this kind of narrow-sightedness.

I have no problem with any of my characters falling into the correct side of the OE remit, but I'll be damned if I'm going to sit and play a game where being a pioneer means so little. I may sounds elitist, but I've done my bit in helping new people out, and I still do to this day... but, I can't see it lasting for some reason.
    Powervault ~ Legion
    Poweredge ~ Omegastrike

Poweredge's Soldier Guide (Now Sticky!)

You want to use CAC in SL? READ THIS

wow this thread is huge. didnt read everything so this might be redundant.

I'm wondering the imapct of the OE nerf on the NON-OE players:

I walk in a mission, not overquipped. Im an Agent or a MP or whatever. I get ransacked to hell by a mob. Does that mean that alghough i wasnt OE at first, my weapon is going to do 25% 50% etc... less dmg?

or even worse if i'm a pet class: 1 deprive/ransack whatever and that's it no pet, so basically i'm dead? Many missiosn are sure gonna be hard for some ppl....

Other than that - especially for the IPR part - seems nice!
    Last edited by nikh; Mar 12th, 2002 at 17:21:57.
    Nikh
    RK2 Omni Martial Artist

Honorary Sensei of The Dojo - Omni School of Martial Arts
    Visit us at: http://thedojo.free.fr

You know what the best way of dealing with OE is?

-----> MAKE OE ZONES

That way people can choose where they want to participate and to what degree, and you don't detract from the playing styles of either side of the OE bandwagon.
    Powervault ~ Legion
    Poweredge ~ Omegastrike

FC has stated that MOBS will have their HP, AC and NP adjusted accordingly to account for the changes the OE patch is going to have....it may not happen right away, but we should start seeing the MOB changes either along with the OE patch or shortly afterwards.

Folks, why not try to stick things out until a bit of time has passed AFTER the patch, eh? Dont go cancelling just cause you cant use a bot that's 80 QLs over your level now or a weapon of similar uber-ness.

With a change as big as this (and EVERYONE knew this was coming...no one can say this is a surprise...and up until now, everyone seemed to be in favor of some kind of over-equipping fix...well, here it is), there are going to be some adjustments that need to be made....from just about EVERY profession (well..maybe not NTs..as we were never able to overequip things too terribly much..lol).

From what it seems, the only thing this is going to putz with is those people who need the mega-uber wrangles etc to equip guns/armor/bots...as long as your skills are easily self-buffable or you can get a long-lasting buff to up your skills, then you wont have a problem...it's the short-term buffs that are going to be affected most...As long as your skills match or are close to the requirements for said guns/armor/buffs, then there wont be any problem....it's when you get into having stuff needing 20%+ more than your actual skill (taking all buffs/implants etc into account too).

Oh, and for those of you whining that engies are the only ones that will "lose" their uber stuff...that 25% penalty is cumulative...-25% at 20% over your skills, -50% at 40% over, -75% at 60% over etc...so it's VERY possible that weapon users will lose most if not all their weapon damage/specials etc..
    Commander Barron
    Prime Director: Omni-1 Operations
    2nd in Command
    Division 9 [R.S.G.E]
    barron@rsge.net
    Click Here to Visit the ALL NEW Division 9 Website

Ehmn.

Well being a noob to AO as i am, i might see this from a diffrent perspective. I find it so hard to OE mainly cause my lack of expertise, money and friends. I support OE fully, but, if you go out as a noob in AO into a pvp zone, your first reaction when you see a Yellowish guy is that you have about the same chance to kill him as he got to kill you. This is however not the truth. I met a level 18 enforcer today in Tir arena. I thought i could take this guy. Hell i could, he had a QL87 sledgehammer. Now how much does that encourage me to enter a PVP zone again? I think PVP is the most fun aspect in AO. Since runing around missions that are the same for endless numbers of hours isnt fun. First of all as an enforcer i need to get a team, cause i use a sledgehammer, have you tried to solo with a sledgehammer? Even Yellowish monsters can become dangerous even if you use a (Your Level + 20)QL Hammer. This patch will reduce the Solo abillity even more for my enforcer. Not for the more experienced enforcers i think, but for me. So where do i want to come with all of this? FC does have another aspect to take acount for. New players, noobs, How fun is the game for them? I think FC try as hard as they can to both please Veteran, but they cant ignore noobs. They need to make the game attractive for both types. Thats a fact.

Why not make the colour system dynamic, Take all QL that the player has and add them togheter. Then divide it so you get the avarage calculate the colour from that. Calculate even the level restriction system in PVP by that. There are more factors than QL to take account for, i just used QL as an example.

Someone wrote somewhere in the thread that noobs should not be able to comment. Yeah, sure, the veterans sure has a strong voice but if you ignore all noobs the game will also die. Thats a fact to.
    Last edited by Glotock; Mar 12th, 2002 at 17:24:03.

Re: lol

Originally posted by xenomorph

When I 1st started playing the game 8 months ago I was the same way, even had a engi tell me that he could make imps for me for free and I asked what is imps (lol I was soooo stupid to the game back then) implants give you that extra edge that you may need to euip a better gun use better nano (depends on how you see your chr in the future) I will even go as far to show you how a couple of imps will make your chr better.
    *lol* - then again, when my housemate and I started, we started in Ents and Trade respectively. But, we didn't know what whompa's were. So he ran and swam for over an hour looking for a way into Trade by using the world map.

As you may remember (and may still apply), the world map is not really too accurate.

Eventually we met up after an hour, then both died to a Giant Sylvabane... he went back to Ents, and I back to Trade.

But, it's probably one of the best memories I have of AO, and the screenshots of the Juggernaut are still on my friends hard drive to this day.

And new people think they have it tough...
    Powervault ~ Legion
    Poweredge ~ Omegastrike

This patch is great.... nuff said.
    quit whining

Originally posted by DeKida
    This patch is great.... nuff said.
    quit whining
    That's what we like to see... constructive criticism at it's best.

*Bangs head against monitor*

... must stop banging noise ...

*Bangs head against desk*

... ahh ... different noise

*moves around objects in office*

Powervault ~ Legion
    Poweredge ~ Omegastrike

Re: Re: Re: Traders Suck

Originally posted by KeisukeFD
    Once or twice, but not as many as you obviously. I wonder if you're a trader too? Funcom casted Deprive on traders for once how's it feel?
    I'm not a trader.
    Grupurt Division 9 [RSGE] Ret.
    Second Nanomage Agent To Hit Lvl 200 on RK1

RK1

Page 40 of 90 FirstFirst ... 212223242526272829303132333435363738394041424344454647484950515253545556575859 ... LastLast