Page 4 of 90 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415161718192021222354 ... LastLast

Thread: Over-equipping - here we go....

God sake!

Great projected improvements of the game.

But, why can't people read before they rush off posting?

Read what Cz writes... No, not affecting NCU, implants and such.

*sigh*
    LVL163 NT
    General of DRAP. One of the most influciential scandinavian omni-tek orgs in Rubi-Ka.

You can't be good at pvp without focus

" I've always been slightly over-equiped (I'm a cheap guy, don't want to fork out 300k for a wrangle).

Pros:
    PvP will be a little more predicatable. No more level 40 guy with a ql200 rifle of owning.
    Traders/MPs have a new use in teams "

Why should you be good in pvp ? the best wins in pvp, that includes armor, weapons, skills, implant and true experience.

You guys are just to lazy and therefor want to stop the rest, who are working hard, infact playing the game to pvp, from beating you...be a little less lazy, equip the best you can and then try to pvp and you will do much better.

Yours

Lifedrain
    General of Security
    Omni Shadow Ops

Ok, taking a break from the thread (got other work to do too). I'll be back.

I don't see any reason for Traders to complain that their wrangles won't be needed anymore. Of course they still will.

If your weapon requires 600 in shotgun skill or pistol skill or whatever, you will still be able to use it at full effectiveness as long as your skill is 481 or higher. If it requires 800 in skill, you'll still be able to use it as long as your skill is 641 or higher.

So where are those extra 120 or 160 points going to come from? From trader wrangles. It's just that everyone will have to be careful to only overequip by 20% or so.

The only players really hurt by this will be traders, agents, and enforcers, they were the ones who at midlevels could massively overequip.

Agents are >supposedly< going to have improvements to make up for this. Traders have one of the best classes of weapons in the game, shotguns, and were doing way too much damage for a support profession as it was. Enforcers, though, we might have to worry about. One hopes they'll still be able to hold aggro after the OE changes go into effect.

Dareus said: "As and end statment: Those who use bugs in the game to get into UBER equipment is cheating, but thats got NOTHING to do with this so called EO. "

OE is a result of bugs. Having a hard cap in place prevents users who use bugs to gain an advantage over those who don't is a good thing.

Just switch all that time spent on making the perfect implants for the old system to the new and you'll keep your advantage unless of course you used bugs to get there."

--

Heck no, OE is not a pure result of bugs. OE is a result of meticulous planning and doing math to see how you can make your char the best possible. Keep the bugs and LEGIT buffs/implant stepping apart please.
    I don't want exploiters to overequip, but that requires Funcom to REMOVE exploits, and that means that we players should be good at reporting in exploits.
    I am happy that the Comp lit exploit and the Treatment exploit is gone.
    But I will use any buffs that will help me twink my character a bit. And no, not for pvp mainly, but for myself. to see how well I can do. To be able to tackle new challenges. To be useful in a team.

DrCam
    General
    Omni Shadow Ops

Not if you originally stay with a pet that is within your 20% range. Taking implants (and the small general buffs) into account you can get a fairly good pet within the 20% limit.

/me starts working the numbers for his Engineers

Cz
    That's just baloney Cz and don't expect the Engineers to keep quiet and not correct you. 20% means a dark orange pet AT BEST. These will get chewed to pieces by any MOB worth fighting.

Call a spade a spade and admit this change is an attempt to slow leveling colored in a bone thrown to the less knowledgable or motivated players.

I and my guildies will deal with the roadblock. We always do. Just the casual and solo players got seriously screwed here.

Everyone in a guild is going to have Neleb's cloak. Try getting one solo. Everyone in a guild always has the best NCU belt possible. Try that solo or casual. Everyone in a guild has Essence of Titan running at all times. They have MP's on beck and call. They can warp in an MP to a mission to refresh the Mohican whenever needed.

The average player just saw his road up the level ramp get so steep he can like the pavement without bending over. You've alienated anybody who is not hardcore.

The weekend warrior is dead.

I beg to differ

OE has nothing to do with bug, or rather this so called OE fix has nothing to do with it.

I am certain that even after this patch those who cheat, by hacking their acounts, exploiting and such are still going to be UBER in pvp.

The others, that follow the rules, but follow them and use them to their full, instead of being a little " lazy " is gonna get even less powerful.

This change is NOT for the good, humans shall always try to be better, by setting a cap you are saying: Don't bother to try, you can't be better. In other word, the veteran players can just pack up and leave cuz in this world no one is gonna be more powerful than the other.

Yours

Lifedrain
    General of Security
    Omn Shadow Ops

Question Traders?

I'm happy to see that funcom is looking into this. But I must admit
    with morgoth too. There are time and skill behind every so called 'OE'. Your first character might not turn out to be very good
    in comparison with other chars thats played as 'second-made'.
    But hey, you learn as long as you live, and if you decide to make
    a new char you know what you want to raise IP-wise.

But you cant release a patch of this caliber so soon without
    looking over every profession on how they are going to be affected.

I'm a trader so i can speak what i think about how the 14.2 is gonna affect the traders.
    First of all. Our wranglers are our prime source of income.
    I guess everyone agrees with me. But how good will they be if they only last 3 min? Total nerf.
    And we will be wanted in teams in battle maybe. Wow how fun...we will be buffing machinces to buff the team every 3 min or so. And if i'm a lvl 80 trader i'll maybe be able to wield a QL 50 Vektor shotgun since The wranglers decreases our skills BAD!
    So, Traders will be PvP only! We will maybe be good in PvP still but to lvl with teams will be sooo boring that i'm gonna start a new character or leave AO completely if this isnt going to be looked into.

Started to really enjoy playing a Trader and earning some money now and then by casting a wrangler....

Originally posted by Cz
    First of all, everybody, don't kill me for discussing with you. I just want to argue a bit to get good arguments to throw at the designers. Feel free to call my arguments stupid, as I am not as familiar as you with the high level game, but keep the flames down, ok?

Weapon users (edited them out of the quote): That is mainly what the patch is about (I think), reducing the gain from over-equipping weapons. You will still gain from up to 20% wrangles and similar (see 'Traders' below). No more +132 wrangle for a level 10 char, but the higher level people will still have good use for it.

Traders: You can still wrangle to add 20% of skill for over-equipping. The +132 wrange will not be useful on lower and mid level people anymore, but those who have high skills will still benefit from it 100%.

MPs: Isn't this more about keeping an eye on your own buffs, and make sure you replenish them in time? Or do MPs use Mocham's, suppon pets, then cancel Mocham's? (I don't play a high level MP, so I don't know.)

Eng (same for 'crats): You can still get the MP buff effect, but need to get replenished when they run out. Wrangle will still help up to 20% of the skill (see 'Traders' above).

Docs: I'll check whether the designers plan anything to give healing lower aggro / hate rate. Personally I didn't think of this, but then again, I'm not a designer.

Cz
    YES

they buff up cast the pet, cancle the mastries etc. then have free NCU for all defensive nnao's they want.

this is what nt's have to do all the time

"brb guys mastry is running out need to head to tir to find a mp"

the only problem is it still is not fair if a nt runs out he or she looses the ability to use the "weapon" period. But a gun user will still beable too tho at a loss of some percent.

Heck no, OE is not a pure result of bugs. OE is a result of meticulous planning and doing math to see how you can make your char the best possible. Keep the bugs and LEGIT buffs/implant stepping apart please.
    I don't want exploiters to overequip, but that requires Funcom to REMOVE exploits, and that means that we players should be good at reporting in exploits.
    I am happy that the Comp lit exploit and the Treatment exploit is gone.
    But I will use any buffs that will help me twink my character a bit. And no, not for pvp mainly, but for myself. to see how well I can do. To be able to tackle new challenges. To be useful in a team.
    I didn't say OE is a pure result of bugs. I said the result of bugs is OE. They mean two different things.

Buffs, implant steping I don't consider bugs and yes, you'll need to re-evaluate your steping stones. For the most part, you'll need to have the end result being leaving in those implants that raised your weapon skill so high. Any buffs that you used to equip the weapons you'll need to get before you fight if it's required to get within 20% of the weapon used.

End result, people who put thought into character design will still have an advantage over those who don't. Is that not what you want?

Originally posted by Arila
    hmmm, i dont understand how the heck they exspect the Ip reset thingy to work, how do the point system work? 90 points? what do that mean? and so on, besides that, then the engineers no longer can solo missions besides thos on their own level, which is tottaly bad
    yeah?
    so?

Look at it this way, you should be able to do a 50% mission with risk(if you are sleepy or go LD)

60% requires wits, speed and other things besides just points put in skills

70% requires death upon death

80% impossible to solo

so, with all respect... hand back that Slayerdroid, and solo like the rest of us.

People that can blitz solo high lvl missions now are:

Agents, Fixers, Crats, NTs, MPs and maybe Traders

Due to concealment, root, calm.
    LVL163 NT
    General of DRAP. One of the most influciential scandinavian omni-tek orgs in Rubi-Ka.

Another Great Conjunction coming up! Anything could happen!
    Whole WORLD might burn up! End of Aughra! Hm!

Mouldy mildew, mother of mouthmuck, dangle and strangle and death.

Traders buffs

Question: Most buffs in the game are 20 min to an hour. While the trader buffs only last 3 minutes. Traders are going to be casting buffs as quickly as doctors are healing while on a team. Are you planning on increasing the time of trader Wrangles?

60% requires wits, speed and other things besides just points put in skills

70% requires death upon death

80% impossible to solo

so, with all respect... hand back that Slayerdroid, and solo like the rest of us.

People that can blitz solo high lvl missions now are:

Agents, Fixers, Crats, NTs, MPs and maybe Traders

Due to concealment, root, calm.
    MP's for the most part have no concealment, root or calm. We don't have the Hp's for blitzing though at certain levels we are pretty powerfull due to pet levels.

At higher levels 100ish, I'd personally rather be a crat, trader or NT just for the calm which would be really sweet.

I will tell you one thing

If I find that no matter what I do, I can't find a way to be more 'powerful' than Joe Average Slightly Lazy, no matter what I do or how many credits I spent, I will hit the Cancel button.

I still think the average 'slightly lazy' player will envy those who spend credits and time. At least this is my hope.

If I see the DAoC garbage where the only thing that matters is your character's level I WILL quit. I have no interest playing a game where it's EXPECTED that a level 100 character will kill a level 75 player. That horse crap just encourages leveling for the sake of leveling. And that spells the end of the game.

Once you could get GM in a week in UO, I quit within two weeks. Before that I would have played for 10 years if GM'ing a skill meant something.

I DO think that 20% is way too harsh a number as it's so incredibly easy to surpass that without even thinking. Hell, you could find yourself above that level without even trying.

My hope is that now that they are taking some of the skill and smarts out of the game, that something remains for those of us who have an IQ bigger than our shoe-size to feel good about. I would hate the game to be turned over to the mindless drones who have nothing better to do than spend hour after doing mindless 50% missions and eventually outlevel me and become more powerful by default event though they have no idea how the game works and are in sub-standard gear.

Exclamation

this is nice but i see 2 thing wrong
    1 not everybody doing PvP and mob never say " oh you overequiped " because they are overequiped too nt's mob true don't do 8k dam buff anymore but they still doing 2-3k large enought to kill you in one shot
    2 engie will have probleme yes there bot are strong but without overbuffing it sucks ! a crat 's bodyguard is a ql 167 nano lot easier to cast !
    mp as mocham for cast there demon
    but an engie around 130 as a yellow pet alone less stronger than a crat or an mp 's pet at 130
    i have see lot team disband because engie's alone pet not stronght enought for tank and the sold left following by the doc
    engie can't survive to this patch exept if you give them buff like mocham or you forbid mocham to mp but an engie before the lvl 170 can't be strong enought to be compare with a crat or a mp if you really want doing this change change the engie too or it will be very very hard for them

/me curt

Re: Traders buffs

Originally posted by Nitewolf
    Question: Most buffs in the game are 20 min to an hour. While the trader buffs only last 3 minutes. Traders are going to be casting buffs as quickly as doctors are healing while on a team. Are you planning on increasing the time of trader Wrangles?
    do people not realize that the wrangle debuffs the trader?
    (for more than the wrangle gives the target)

sorry,
    i'm not going to follow a team around like a gimped puppydog.

I've noted you've decreased the AC of the mobs already, according to your notes. That really doesn't make the mobs easier. At the OE patch are you going to make the mobs with less HP?

Think about this engi's before whining.

Mp's cast nano buffs, yes. But we remove T&S and MC implants to do it. So basically that's a wash when you don't have our buffs running. You however, can benifit from both implants AND buffs.

Mp's never benifit from wrangles unless grouped with a trader while even after this patch Engineers will be able to within the 20% limit.

What does this really stop? Engineers sub level 100 using slayers.

Thats it. How many sub 100 Mp's are using demons?

Originally posted by Nitewolf
    I've noted you've decreased the AC of the mobs already, according to your notes. That really doesn't make the mobs easier. At the OE patch are you going to make the mobs with less HP?
    PLEASE PLEASE REDUCE MOB HP

They can keep their f-ing 1,000,000 ACs if you would just reduce their ludicrous HP.

-D
    ===============
    First Order S.S.S.C.
    ===============

Page 4 of 90 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415161718192021222354 ... LastLast