Thread: Over-equipping - here we go....

Re: looks good.

Originally posted by Desbet

THAT ^^ is OE. and that is what will be stopped. ppl will do damage 'near' their lvl. I will be happy. duels will have meaning.. and I'll let Jakespeed try to kill me

OH! the mention of sneak turning agents invis to players, like like like!!! but------serious----- problem there. every time you zone you unsneak. not fun. I wanna sneak into Tir sometimes too you know.

Yes, Woot!! I'll be there. I get emotional when i goto a pvp zone and no one is there. So i hope (if this patch goes threw) i'll see players coming out from behind the trees and from under the rocks from which they hide.

Question CZ : if other effects is turned off or you have selected to see player names with a agent be seen in sneak mode.

Oh yes, good point,if that agent sneak thing is gonna work,you have to make it so you cant turn it off in client,that would be a real sucker:P
    Hermy
    Shadelore
    Retired.

To all those who worry about soloing post 150, when u reach 160ish as an enforcer you can easily solo the 60% missions(180ish) doing about 1 of the new style every 30-45 minutes and an old style 1 hour to 1.5 hours. It is actually faster than grouping due to the 800k xp bonus you get upon completion and you are much more efficient because you do not have to wait to get a team together. Get a crit buff from a friendly MA and they go even faster.

Re: Re: So Where is the OE Fix?

Originally posted by Cz

Just answering this one real quick.

NTs don't lose functionality of the 'weapon' (weapon = nano programs), but lower the effect, as they have to start using a lower level one.
    Crats lose functionality of their 'weapons' (weapon= charm program) because they cannot go down to a lower level one due to the Psyche check.

Scorus

The Package

The package:

IP Re-Allocation. (IPR)

IPR will now become an active part of the game. (Scheduled for 14.2) You will get IP Re-Allocation points. These you can use to reset a skill, (point and click) and get the IP back. You can select whichever skill or ability you like - except Map-Navigation.

<snip portion on silly appeasement process that they think will lure exploiters into removing implants and NCU's, hehehe>

They will be backwards compatible, in the sense that if you are level 200 you will get ALL points from all previous title levels.

Reduced AC on humanoid monsters with 60%. (13.8)

Increased effect of Sneak mode, indoors and outdoors. (scheduled for 14.2)

Now "grey" monsters should be very much easier to sneak by than "deep red" ones.

True Invisibility for Sneaking against other players. (scheduled for 14.2)

If you succeed in a sneak check against other players, you will be invisible.

Of course you can still be detected using a Perception check.

Changed Perception pattern of monsters outdoors.

Monsters won't search as big an area for players as they do today. This means there is a greater chance that you will be able to run past, or sneak past, monsters outdoors. This should make travel a lot easier.

Read it learn it love it. NO MORE MOB WEAKENING ENVISIONED.

More instersted in the IP reallocation:

The "over equiping" portion doesn't affect me in the least. Generally if i can't equip it myself I don't need it, NCU and implants being the exception and thank you for the clearification there.

What does concern me is that the explaination of the IP realloction is somewhat vauge, my main questions are these:

1) will I require all IP earned to date?

2) is, as the arcticale indicates, the IP value recieved some how based on title leve?

3) if indeed it is based on title level, how does this affect someone that is at the mid point, or high end of a title level? Would the person be loosing IP that they had earned over the course of play using the IPR if the aren't ON a title level? ( ie someone 99 does an IPR, do the recieve less IP then the 40k that a level 100 would get over the lvl 99? )

Thanks, I really want to understand how this works prior to doing it. I want to IP reset, pretty badly, but not at the cost of earned IP. And that's my real question here. Thbe article described some system of awarding reset IP based on --> title<-- level not on ACTUAL level.

Re: Re: Re: So Where is the OE Fix?

Originally posted by Scorus

Crats lose functionality of their 'weapons' (weapon= charm program) because they cannot go down to a lower level one due to the Psyche check.

Scorus
    I can tell you, i play my crat with a meta or i simply don't play him . I guess i have the option cause she is my wife but , hey it's all good. However , with meta buffs i haven't had to many issues charming those red mobs and making them my slaves. Our play stlye is interdependant. I love the crat class and i don't feel that patch will hurt me that much.

Question Important question

Will the OE rules affect things like scopes? if i get journeyman WS/EE and put in implants for those skills...then take them out later, will that reduce the crit increase?

I would love to see a survey on this taken. find out who is against it, what profession they are and if they think that soloing orange mobs should be easy.

I think the only people that this will hurt are those who are used to typing /pet hunt in a field of deep red mobs and going afk

yes, what about the scopes? i could keep my journeyman buffs running at all times, but they are NCU hogs. .i'd need 60 ncu to keep the scope working right now....

any answer?

im an adventurer, and i would be switching to Ithaca with the ip reset...i couldnt keep those buffs running even if i wanted.

lol

Originally posted by Intra
    I would love to see a survey on this taken. find out who is against it, what profession they are and if they think that soloing orange mobs should be easy.

I think the only people that this will hurt are those who are used to typing /pet hunt in a field of deep red mobs and going afk
    This will affect more than just pet classes. This gives new meaning to ROOT pet , Kill owner .

Lightbulb Overequipping - My point of view..

Hi....

I'm playing as MA, and are not _that_ affected with this "Over-equipping" reduction/removal, BUT... in my point of view, overequipping is something that _everybody_ has the opportunity to do, or not to do.. Ofcourse.. some professions have better opportunities than other professions but all in all : EVERYBODY have got the opportunity to do it..

... and this is one of the things that i find very interessting with this game.. you can actually "build" your character to get better and better, and you have to use your brain and plan how do do it to get the max out of it.

I'm afraid that this game will develop into one more of this "hack'n'slash" games which i dont like pretty well..
    I LIKE twinking my char to the max, thinking out new possibilities to get the most damageoutput etc.etc.. on him.

If this patch is going through, the game would go boring.. that's my opinion..

It seems for me that FunCom is reducing the possibilities of this game month by month when they see people level too fast..
    ... seems like they are afraid of too many high level chars, and then think that people will quit after reaching level 200 or so..

but NOO !!! if the game has lotsa possibilities and much interessting twinks and back-ways of doing things it wont go into the "Standard" game which there are already too many of already ((((

FUNCOM !!! Keep the game original and unique as it is !!! Dont remove the _ONLY_ unique and the most interessting part of the game....

If so.... I'm out i'm afraid.....

-->Zarfan<--

true but

Originally posted by Zyxlquith
    yes, what about the scopes? i could keep my journeyman buffs running at all times, but they are NCU hogs. .i'd need 60 ncu to keep the scope working right now....

any answer?
    I think that would be extreme, i don't see them doing that.

Great idea!

Hey.

I think dealing with overequipping is a great idea. The game is way too unbalanced. Those who already have high level characters or a bunch of friends willing to spare some creds can get so over equipped with an add. character nowadays, it's ridiculous .. and a real bugger to the people who play it straight.

Also, I'm looking forward to seeing patch 14.2 in effect in the PvP areas. Now, the people who occupy them are mostly twinkers, and normal players don't stand a chance, no matter what colour the opponent is. Balancing things will do a lot of good ..

And I read Zarfan's post .. Sorry, but if you think Overequipping is what makes Anarchy Online unique and fun, I think you're missing some of the point. And, although I can understand you think it's fun to be a little twinked, I don't think it's the general attitude of players today. Saying that "_Everyone_" has the ability and means to do it is not actually right either. Especially not those that have better things to do then perpetually running missions for creds and items. People who don't necessarily play for points often suffer because of overequipping.

I can't help feeling a little down for'em traders, though.
    You should prolong the wrangles so they're still useful.

Other than that? .. One of the best and most promising patches I've heard about!

- Ron
    Last edited by Didymus; Mar 12th, 2002 at 16:51:17.

jakespeed to some people the whole thing seems extreme

Well said Zarfan!

I agree entirely. This proposed patch will seriously limit the game, and instead of trying to stop people from leveling, FC should just put in some high level content. and FIX THE TRADE SKILLS

Zyxlquith
    -- please don't break my game and please don't nerf the traders

More food for thought

As a company, wouldn't you like to open your goods/services to as many people as possible? Isn't that a generally good business practice? By limited the OE, your taking away a playstyle of a percentage of subscribers.

And why is it bad that people have found a way to play that the dev's didn't intend? I think it would be a bad business decision to deem one playstyle bad and another playstyle good. Why is getting a Guardbot at eng level 30 wrong? Cause FC said so? If you can do so thru legal in-game means, why is that bad?

The people who don't want to do OE'ing could be:
    1) They want more of a challenge,
    2) Or they have a problem with it,
    3) Or for some other reason I havent thought of.
    They have not quit up to this point. Thats thier playstyle and they are happy with it. Why should people be FORCED to play a certain playstyle? By introducing the OE cap, FC is focing people into a mold, forcing people to play outside thier guidlines. Isn't forcing people to do something a certain way because it goes against thier ideas more wrong?

It seems from my perspective FC has a certain playstyle in mind and they are going to force people to play it hell or high water. Its funny how FC never seemed to think: "Well to balance it out, lets force everyone to do OE'ing.". I wonder why that is..

Eh - I guess I have lived in America for too long and have gotten caught up in this free-rights thing. Sorry...

check my posts

Originally posted by Zyxlquith
    jakespeed to some people the whole thing seems extreme

Well said Zarfan!

I agree entirely. This proposed patch will seriously limit the game, and instead of trying to stop people from leveling, FC should just put in some high level content. and FIX THE TRADE SKILLS

Zyxlquith
    -- please don't break my game and please don't nerf the traders
    Hey , i agree here. I'm fighting the 14.2 change. However, like i stated before i doubt scopes will be changed.

FUNCOM why not fix the bugs before coming up with crazy changes like this. Oh, please fix the chests for god sakes, i don't need trimers everytime, i open a chest.
    Last edited by Wahoo.; Mar 12th, 2002 at 16:51:26.

...and another thing...

With this patch.. all Professions will be about the same in all ways : (at about same level that is..)

Eks 1) All Engineers will have about the same pet
    Eks 2) All MA's will do about the same damage..
    Eks 3) All Traders will use about the same gun

I just inserted QL 172 implants in my 109 MA, and that took me a WHOLE lot of time.. I think i spent about 30 hours or so doing it.. and you know what ? IT WAS FUN !!!!

BECAUSE :
    Now i'm not like all other MA's in the game... I might be a little bit better... and maybe got something that others havent got..

So... i might be a bit different than others...

THAT is what i like with this game !!!!

One thing I love about AO is that, if you are willing to spend the IP, the time and the money, you can make any character do what you want. Atrox NTs, MPs, Agents... all can thrive, just as a nanomage enforcer could, or an MA with an assault rifle...

But to do this, and to do it well, means strategy, and over-equipping. As it is today, no two characters are alike. I regularly team with another trader, about hte same level (we are within 3 at most times), also opifex, he has a higher ql gun, i have slightly better nanos... we're totally different characters though. Not just in looks or personality, but in playstyle and performance.

Over-equipping allows doctors to use guns without spending IP they need for team hp buffs..... it allows for any number of positive game-expanding things. Most importantly, its FUN and if you change the game much, you're going to have a lot of people quitting.... And I don't want to see that.

Zyxlquith

Page 39 of 90 FirstFirst ... 20212223242526272829303132333435363738394041424344454647484950515253545556575889 ... LastLast