Thread: Over-equipping - here we go....

Exclamation Wow!

You were really killed by 3 gray shades that low lvl?

I tried to get a Yalmaha the cheap way the other day and was running QL 51 missions at lvl 73. The main room ended up being 5 grays after adds. Had no problem.

sarcasm

Maybe Traders are worse off than Adventurers

/sarcasm

Skara

Angry Bah!

*Doc* Well ok, I'm gonna be PO'd if the ability to OE is taken away. Its hard enough to get a damned gun on cuz like all Ranged and Melee are damn Dark blue to me! well except pistal but like big wow its light blue and pistals suck now adays, well anyway, it took me along time to run my a$$ all over this damned place to find implants! I spent enough on finding vektors and wrangles(stupid traders!) to get them on! You think docs have it made cuz we can heal, i personally can barely kill a damned green monster! We have of course Icon Circle for good armor but i still need something to use in combat! We do have some poison use but u know how long it takes for that to actually kill one green and i use up all my nano and nothing left to heal! So here i have to run in and out of the mission to kill one person. My doc is lvl 72 and i use a higher ql Vektor and it still takes me long enough to kill one person and now "Smart Ol' Funcom" wants to make more patches to cause more problems with the ones that have remained since god knows when.

For My Lvl 46 Adv. IP set back is a good Idea cuz Adv. ranges in so many abilties and i lost a lot of IP putting it in places, where its totally gonna have no effect later on. And i so can't solo a mission with my adv. at all.

P.S. Most the damned ppl who want things to be limited is those of PvP which is NOT the main purpose of the game!

~Kaitou~

Re: Re: Hmm...

Originally posted by Darksnake

Makes me feel better... Makes me feel important again.. hehe... Im now obsolete... or somewhat obsolete... Thats why I spend so much time on the forums...

--------------------------
    Im the most dangerous foe
    Ive got nothing else to loose.
    No one on the game is useless in a team. I'm sure you're just used to getting that cash from the wrangles and people won't pay out the a** for them anymore it'll be harder for you to earn cash. Just find some teams to go along with and earn some dough the way traders earn dough. Find items and sell em. Sounds like a plan? I haven't met too many teams that just didn't want to join up with someone. Is it really that bad? If we are all nerfed then we can all just team together and do the damage we like so very much. What's the big deal? I team up and prefer to do so because it's less risky than taking on a bunch of monsters and it's surely more fun because of the various buffs you can get from the team members you have.

I had alot of time to think about what I wanted to say in this posts so here it goes.

To all who whined and cried about people over equipping. It has to be the sadest thing in my life I have ever seen. I mean exploiting and cheating to over equip is one thing but people who have taken the time to find while weapon gives which bonus to this skill and which buffs would I need to get this higher QL implant on and what buffs I would need to get this treatment level shouldn't be punished. Its the mind of a hardcore player at its best.

Right now I can get my treatment above 900 easily without exploiting, and I wear QL140-150 implants.

And everytime I log on I either find a friend who would mochum MC/TS and 132 wrangle me or pay someone 100-200k for Mochum MC/TS and 300k for 132 Wrangle just so i can get my Slayerdroid out at level 107 and kick some ass for a change instead of making a Feeble Warbot at level 107 and have an extremely hard time surviving in a 50% mission. Now would someone please try to explain to me how its over equipping to take advantage of buffs that are in the game to make a better pet or to get on better equipment? It's all legitiment and there is nothing wrong about it.

Engineers have crap for AC, takes damage horribly, have crap melee/ranged combat skills, in essense with patch 14.2 is doing to us is taking away our weapons. Why not just throw us in the middle of EFP without weapons and armor at that point? What is the point of having a bot that is less adequate then an MA of the same level, who has lower AC, Lower hitpoints, does lower damage.

Just because there are people out there who haven't put the time and effort into making their character the best they can, they feel that it is necessary to take what others have worked so hard to achieve away because they cannot have it as well. It basically comes down to:

"Well I have my cake and I can eat it, but you don't so you have to get it taken away from me".
    Last edited by Rez-SN; Mar 12th, 2002 at 08:34:44.

Mech Engi 750 - Elec Engi 878 - Quantum FT 687 - Weapon Smt 806 - Nano Prog 903 *unbuffed*

Engineer of Silent Night

Re: Re: Re: Hmm...

Originally posted by KeisukeFD

No one on the game is useless in a team. I'm sure you're just used to getting that cash from the wrangles and people won't pay out the a** for them anymore it'll be harder for you to earn cash. Just find some teams to go along with and earn some dough the way traders earn dough. Find items and sell em. Sounds like a plan? I haven't met too many teams that just didn't want to join up with someone. Is it really that bad? If we are all nerfed then we can all just team together and do the damage we like so very much. What's the big deal? I team up and prefer to do so because it's less risky than taking on a bunch of monsters and it's surely more fun because of the various buffs you can get from the team members you have.
    Do you even read my posts on this thread?
    I dont accept payment for my wrangles.
    I do team, with lvl 100s.

Originally posted by Reznoir
    I had alot of time to think about what I wanted to say in this posts so here it goes.

To all who whined and cried about people over equipping. It has to be the sadest thing in my life I have ever seen. I mean exploiting and cheating to over equip is one thing but people who have taken the time to find while weapon gives which bonus to this skill and which buffs would I need to get this higher QL implant on and what buffs I would need to get this treatment level shouldn't be punished. Its the mind of a hardcore player at its best.

Right now I can get my treatment above 900 easily without exploiting, and I wear QL140-150 implants.

And everytime I log on I either find a friend who would mochum MC/TS and 132 wrangle me or pay someone 100-200k for Mochum MC/TS and 300k for 132 Wrangle just so i can get my Slayerdroid out at level 107 and kick some ass for a change instead of making a Feeble Warbot at level 107 and have an extremely hard time surviving in a 50% mission. Our bots are our weapon and our protection.

Engineers have crap for AC, takes damage horribly, have crap melee/ranged combat skills, in essense with patch 14.2 is doing to us is taking away our weapons. Why not just throw us in the middle of EFP without weapons and armor at that point? What is the point of having a bot that is less adequate then an MA of the same level, who has lower AC, Lower hitpoints, does lower damage.

Just because there are people out there who haven't put the time and effort into making their character the best they can, they feel that it is necessary to take what others have worked so hard to achieve away because they cannot have it as well. It basically comes down to:

"Well I have my cake and I can eat it, but you don't so you have to get it taken away from me".
    hear hear
    This was the best ive red in this thread. Thank you.

Re: Wow!

Originally posted by Skara
    You were really killed by 3 gray shades that low lvl?

I tried to get a Yalmaha the cheap way the other day and was running QL 51 missions at lvl 73. The main room ended up being 5 grays after adds. Had no problem.

sarcasm

Maybe Traders are worse off than Adventurers

/sarcasm

Skara
    hehe yeah. that only proves that not all traders are semi-gods hehe.

So, am I correct in assessing that over equipped equipment has the potential of being LESS effective than equipment of a lower Ql? Also, I see this change hurting the casual OvOer & guildless more than those who are TRULY uber & surrounded by lots of m8s to keep them buffed for battle. Imagine if James Bond had to bring Q with him so all of his great equipment would function properly? Please, please think all of this through. I support the message, I just fear the messenger. Knowledge is power! Just some more food for thought.
    Agent Pneuma
    "I am what I am, and that's all that I am."
    -Popeye the sailor

Angry

Originally posted by Darksnake

hear hear
    This was the best ive red in this thread. Thank you.

Well like Uh its not called cheating Reznoir and Darksnake since you agree with them, because the actually buffs and implants used for OE is part of the game and its possible to do a lot of sh#t with buffs.

~Kaitou~

25% for every 20% overequiping...
    Well... Why even bother to wrangle and drain then... this sucks... All traders should just cancel their accounts...
    Or maybe everybody should become an adventurer... so we can suck together... And feel the unity.

Engineers made good then nerfed, made good then nerfed again. Feels like I am on a damn see-saw and the ride is getting boring.

Mech Engi 750 - Elec Engi 878 - Quantum FT 687 - Weapon Smt 806 - Nano Prog 903 *unbuffed*

Engineer of Silent Night

Angry Hmmm AC?

Maybe if ac actually worked nerfing wouldn't be an issue right now. Maybe if nano resist, dodging, and other defensive techniques that were wasted IP actually worked we wouldn't have an issue with this right now. As i said earlier funcom is all about throwing salt over the wound and they'll just mess things up in the end by doing all this. Once people leave they'll offer more free months which will be fine by me. I'm tired of paying for the bugs in the game. Fix classes don't gimp the game more. Maybe they should just get down to it and say hey! The IP system just plain ol sucks bad! ALL the classes get the same amount of IP! WHY? Mix it up a bit, give shotguns some strength stats.... do some thinking to fix this game already, try something new.... gimping sux! BRING BACK FREEDOM ARMS!!!

Hmm...

I keep reading the same flawed arguement over and over.

The reason for this change is not because a bunch of lazy, stupid people refuse to take the time to figure out the game. The reason for the changes is the longevity of the game.

At what lvl do you equip the highest QL stuff you can equip? How many lvls do you go without anything to look forward to (have read this many times on the boards)?

By limiting OE, they can bring the monsters back down to sub-Superman status. OE will not be as necessary, but there will still be that element in the game, just not to the lvls you now see it.

They cannot balance the game without these changes, or do you want 4 or 5 classes to comprise the population on Rubi-Ka? And BTW, most of those players will be multiple rerolls.

Newbies, not rerolls I am talking true newbies, should be able to get into the game without having to spend hours researching. It is a game after all. Will those who have researched and rerolled be at an advantage? Yes, but just not to the degree they are now.

The monsters are insane. They were made insane to compensate for the "beyond what was expected" power leveling that was going on.

No severe OE, no insane monsters, no problem.

Skara

FC made the rules, we played by them.

Now FC wants to change the rules, drasticaly. They cant do that, or they can cause the are the developers. But we are the players and gamers. They depend on us to keep their game running.
    If we leave they wont have any money, and with no money there will be no more FC. simple.

A lot of people will leave the game if they proceed with this "fix" or whatever they want to call it. But its not sane marketing. I wonder what their marketing plan really is? Makes me wonder really, maybe FC is really some kind of shell company?

They ban players fromt he game, for no reason, other than that the players tries to state the truth. Just as in a fascist regime, the truth is a powerful enemy.
    I did not think of FC as a fascist regime before, but when my friends and followers got banned from the game, I started to think about it.
    I dropped the subject for a while and took a holiday. Then when I came back, FC had sacked our favourite GM, Jdaug. The only GM that tries (read tried) to do anything.
    And he only did what he thought was right and what was the truth.
    FC sacked him because of the truth, therefore I believe FC to be a fascist company that does not care about the players, nor ingame on Irc, or on any other media.

Please reply FC, if you have finished drinking your beer.

Re: Hmmm AC?

Originally posted by KeisukeFD
    Maybe if ac actually worked nerfing wouldn't be an issue right now. Maybe if nano resist, dodging, and other defensive techniques that were wasted IP actually worked we wouldn't have an issue with this right now. As i said earlier funcom is all about throwing salt over the wound and they'll just mess things up in the end by doing all this. Once people leave they'll offer more free months which will be fine by me. I'm tired of paying for the bugs in the game. Fix classes don't gimp the game more. Maybe they should just get down to it and say hey! The IP system just plain ol sucks bad! ALL the classes get the same amount of IP! WHY? Mix it up a bit, give shotguns some strength stats.... do some thinking to fix this game already, try something new.... gimping sux! BRING BACK FREEDOM ARMS!!!

Damn Str8!! BRING THOSE FAS back!! Give Advs. a lil boost to bring that class back!!

~Kaitou~

Cool

I'm relatively new to game and only recently learned about OEing. So far I haven't OEed (unless a lvl 30 Soldier using a QL38 NF is considered OEing). Today I dueled my friend who was lvl 22, and my being lvl 30 I was thinking I was gonna beat him down. What happened? Well I hit him for 3 points of dmg each time and he hit me for 75 each (he is also a soldier). Why did this happen? He OEed with Senpai coats, QL75 NFs (I think that was the number) among other things. How can a lvl 22 beat the crap out of a lvl 30? So far I like the idea of ridding Rubi Ka of OEing and OEers. Good players shouldn't need to OE. Players shouldn't need to OE period. Sure, FC may have to change some aspects of the game to fit this ideal, but it would be a turn for the best. Someone earlier posted that people like me are too lazy to "go the extra mile" and OE. Too lazy? I'm just playing fair. Like I said, players shouldn't need to OE. Right now I solo 50% missions just fine and I'm ok. I don't go around trying to beat 75% missions when I'm OEed. Thanks to that I find OEing is something that should be abolished. Stick to the basics and you'll be ok (I think). Let the flaming begin ::/beckon::
    These are the moments we'll remember for the rest of our restless lives.

Re: Hmm...

The reason for this change is not because a bunch of lazy, stupid people refuse to take the time to figure out the game. The reason for the changes is the longevity of the game.

At what lvl do you equip the highest QL stuff you can equip? How many lvls do you go without anything to look forward to (have read this many times on the boards)?

By limiting OE, they can bring the monsters back down to sub-Superman status. OE will not be as necessary, but there will still be that element in the game, just not to the lvls you now see it.

They cannot balance the game without these changes, or do you want 4 or 5 classes to comprise the population on Rubi-Ka? And BTW, most of those players will be multiple rerolls.

Newbies, not rerolls I am talking true newbies, should be able to get into the game without having to spend hours researching. It is a game after all. Will those who have researched and rerolled be at an advantage? Yes, but just not to the degree they are now.

The monsters are insane. They were made insane to compensate for the "beyond what was expected" power leveling that was going on.

Skara
    Yes taking the monster's energy down would seem great right about now... maybe my adventurer would have a chance........ I really agree with this post. Those double hitting beasts must be fixed!

Re: Hmm...

Skara
    Will the players who OEd for hours/days/weeks get some kind of compensation for lost money due to this?
    I dont think so.
    Is that a good thing?
    I dont think so.

-----------------------
    quoting an ingame character
    -FC can lick my *****

Originally posted by PenCap
    I'm relatively new to game and only recently learned about OEing. So far I haven't OEed (unless a lvl 30 Soldier using a QL38 NF is considered OEing). Today I dueled my friend who was lvl 22, and my being lvl 30 I was thinking I was gonna beat him down. What happened? Well I hit him for 3 points of dmg each time and he hit me for 75 each (he is also a soldier). Why did this happen? He OEed with Senpai coats, QL75 NFs (I think that was the number) among other things. How can a lvl 22 beat the crap out of a lvl 30? So far I like the idea of ridding Rubi Ka of OEing and OEers. Good players shouldn't need to OE. Players shouldn't need to OE period. Sure, FC may have to change some aspects of the game to fit this ideal, but it would be a turn for the best. Someone earlier posted that people like me are too lazy to "go the extra mile" and OE. Too lazy? I'm just playing fair. Like I said, players shouldn't need to OE. Right now I solo 50% missions just fine and I'm ok. I don't go around trying to beat 75% missions when I'm OEed. Thanks to that I find OEing is something that should be abolished. Stick to the basics and you'll be ok (I think). Let the flaming begin ::/beckon::
    nah, no flaming. Since your a noobie you get two weeks for free without any flaming...
    Well back to bagdad.

IF they "fix" OE, they must fix mob damage too. They do insane damage at lower lvls.

going to school now, keep flaming us but we will prevail!

Vote yes for OE, its art!

It takes time, it costs money, its not for everyone. but Does it hurt anyone?
    NO!

Page 32 of 90 FirstFirst ... 13141516171819202122232425262728293031323334353637383940414243444546474849505182 ... LastLast