Thread: Over-equipping - here we go....

Thumbs down One more little add

Heya,

I just wanted to ask everybody below lvl100 to think a sec.
    If u think that the OE issue only is gonna hurt the higher lvls or twinked chars u are wrong...by bumbing this patch u are nerfing your selves.
    My advice is to listen to higher lvl chars since they got more experience in the game...u WILL need OE to even have a chance of lvling 1 lvl in 2-3 hours at higher lvls.
    When patch 13.0 came I had to put my lvl107 doc in the freezer she died non stop...how was I to know that FC was gonna make docs agro more than a continent of Enforcers.
    This patch will only destroy the engi proffesion completely and thats sad...they only have two things going that rock...their bots with mucho hp and beacon warp...take the bots away which u will with the OE nerf and poof...engi usage is now only as beacon warp machines...now I have to put my engi in the freezer too.
    Traders...lol...I pity them too...the best buff they got is wrangle since it generates money and makes about every player in AO happy when they finnaly can equip a high ql weapon/pet.
    When I bought the game I thought "hmm this might be good" I played the game for abuot a year now..and it just got worse and worse.
    I am going to say again what Ive said earlier...instead of using manpower to code nerfes...please invest at least 1% of that energy in solving buggs and lagg.
    Since this is to hard for funcom to solve I can only hope that enough players leave the game after the patch to make Funcom open their eyes and think...just for a sec "What have we been doing".
    STOP NERFING and FIX bugs and lagg PLEASE!!!!

Originally posted by Akasha

I agree. You need to nerf traders. Then NTs. And hell, if anybody kills anybody in pvp, make them a candidate for nerfing. And if anybody works hard to lvl their char then spend the time and money on getting the nanos to buff me...and they wanna CHARGE ME...nerf them too...i agree. and he's right 100%, traders are ONLY good at pvp...i don't care that they outheal docs, outdmg soldiers, they can calm, they can area/root...i don't care that in a team lvling, they keep me alive as well as 2 docs can...and they hit harder than anybody else in the team...PVP is their only use, so they suck, nerf or get rid of the prof.
    Yeah, remove the trader class completely, Im guessing thats what FC wants actually. ****ing us over and all this. But hey, im not angry or anything. Just spent 2 months getting where I am today, with my trader. but hey, FC you dont really care do you. You just make sure that when the Trader class gets its fair share of loving, YOU contact me so that I get the chance to change prof. Cause, I love my trader and my trader loves me.
    nobody can take that away from me!
    And not all traders are good in PvP, I suck for instance. But hey thats just me right?

Originally posted by Akasha

I agree. You need to nerf traders. Then NTs. And hell, if anybody kills anybody in pvp, make them a candidate for nerfing. And if anybody works hard to lvl their char then spend the time and money on getting the nanos to buff me...and they wanna CHARGE ME...nerf them too...i agree. and he's right 100%, traders are ONLY good at pvp...i don't care that they outheal docs, outdmg soldiers, they can calm, they can area/root...i don't care that in a team lvling, they keep me alive as well as 2 docs can...and they hit harder than anybody else in the team...PVP is their only use, so they suck, nerf or get rid of the prof.
    Exactly, thus the reason they shouldnt be "godly" compared to all the other classes!

With the release of SWG right around the corner, rocking the boat seems pretty crazy. If I was FC I'd apply some Yankee politics & delay this patch a very, very long time. This is a no win situation for them. I don't want to see everyone quit again. If they go, I go. Why bother? Can you smell the sweet smell of death on the battlefield FunCom?
    Agent Pneuma

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Traders Suck

Originally posted by KeisukeFD
    so it would justify this crap that your writing here, answer quickly if you can. I love flamewars. I was in Flamewar I and II.
    Am I really writting crap or just pissing you off? Haha either way it's not a flame war unless i'm flaming, I'm just finally able to agree with something FC has done. Is that a crime? Since when were the traders were supposed to be more powerful than an NT and an MA anywayz. Pack it in and get a fixer or something. [/B][/QUOTE]

Maybe not a crime, but its sure as hell wrong (personal opinion)
    how long have you been playing this game? Why did you pick MA as class?
    MA´s got nerfed to the better. Traders maybe rock now, and thats wrong, they shouldnt rock at killin and stuff, they should rock at making stuff. But since FC wont ever fix tradeskills (w00t, I can make a chem mausser that costs me 2 mill to do !!!, and swords!!!! for MAs!!!)
    why do we have traders? Just remove the whole damn class, and let us choose another one instead.

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Traders Suck

Originally posted by Darksnake

Am I really writting crap or just pissing you off? Haha either way it's not a flame war unless i'm flaming, I'm just finally able to agree with something FC has done. Is that a crime? Since when were the traders were supposed to be more powerful than an NT and an MA anywayz. Pack it in and get a fixer or something.
    MA´s got nerfed to the better. Traders maybe rock now, and thats wrong, they shouldnt rock at killin and stuff, they should rock at making stuff. But since FC wont ever fix tradeskills (w00t, I can make a chem mausser that costs me 2 mill to do !!!, and swords!!!! for MAs!!!)
    why do we have traders? Just remove the whole damn class, and let us choose another one instead. [/B][/QUOTE]

Ok snakie you got me for the night, I picked the adventurer first for your information back in July. Well, that was a big mistake. Why did you pick trader?? To build items? heh Probably not... maybe you should say why then if it's that important. I'll tell you why i picked MA. My adventurer was gimp and I couldn't take doing piss poor damage. I don't know about you but I wasn't having fun just sitting in the back of the team shooting two pistols that did less damage than my MA at lvl 2. That's just why I picked MA. As a quick fix til they decided to get off their butts and do something with the ADV class. Nothing more, nothing less... hell if you're saying I picked MA to be a cheapy then just say so. Not like i went on to be a trader or something. Then you can call me cheater

Talking Roleplaying

Lol didnt know what to write in subject!

Just wanted to say this..this nerf is gonna make people leave...the ones that stay are mostly gonna be the ones waiting for Starwars Galaxy Online...somehow I dont think that game is going to be like this one.
    If and when I make a Jedi...I dont think Lucasarts will nerf him saying "hmm...we made the Jedi to powerfull with the lightsaber...lets take it away" LOL.
    I can feel the smell of a huge...correction...HUGE mistake..Im gonna stay till SWG gets up and then funcom its adios muchachos. Ill be playing a game AND having fun!

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Traders Suck

why do we have traders? Just remove the whole damn class, and let us choose another one instead.
    Ok snakie you got me for the night, I picked the adventurer first for your information back in July. Well, that was a big mistake. Why did you pick trader?? To build items? heh Probably not... maybe you should say why then if it's that important. I'll tell you why i picked MA. My adventurer was gimp and I couldn't take doing piss poor damage. I don't know about you but I wasn't having fun just sitting in the back of the team shooting two pistols that did less damage than my MA at lvl 2. That's just why I picked MA. As a quick fix til they decided to get off their butts and do something with the ADV class. Nothing more, nothing less... hell if you're saying I picked MA to be a cheapy then just say so. Not like i went on to be a trader or something. Then you can call me cheater [/B][/QUOTE]

Maybe you should take some time and read up on my previous posts on this thread.
    Darsnakes character development:

Adv(up to lvl 42) -sucked ass
    MA(up to lvl 60) -sucked ass
    MP(up to lvl 60) -was kinda fun, but sucked ass since I didnt overequip.
    MA again(up to lvl 57) -Remembered why it sucked ass. But two days after I deleted it, they announced the MA nerf lol...
    Trader(73+) -The most satisfying class Ive played so far, I overequip just as much as everyone else, average that is. Since I can use quite powerful drains all by myself, with ql 90-120 implants, that are self equipable. These drains makes ql 150-200 guns selfequipable.
    This is what you get if you play a trader, and now they want to fix it up, even though I didnt know jack**** about draining/wrangling when I picked a trader?

----------------------------
    I blame FC for all screwups
    Twin towers was FCs fault
    Last edited by Jhoanna; Mar 12th, 2002 at 08:05:16.

Re: Roleplaying

Originally posted by Medwar
    Lol didnt know what to write in subject!

Just wanted to say this..this nerf is gonna make people leave...the ones that stay are mostly gonna be the ones waiting for Starwars Galaxy Online...somehow I dont think that game is going to be like this one.
    If and when I make a Jedi...I dont think Lucasarts will nerf him saying "hmm...we made the Jedi to powerfull with the lightsaber...lets take it away" LOL.
    I can feel the smell of a huge...correction...HUGE mistake..Im gonna stay till SWG gets up and then funcom its adios muchachos. Ill be playing a game AND having fun!
    what..?
    you can actually have/do both at the same time?
    I... didnt know that... All ive been playing is AO... and its not that fun... Im just here... because of all my friends....

------------------------
    FC killed my cat!
    FC snatched hes soul!

Thumbs up Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Traders Suck

Either you're really dumb or really stupid not to know about the wrangle after leveling those characters up. I guess you're dumb and stupid. Not my fault there eh? But anyways, I don't care about your other characters and to tell you the truth you seem to be just another whiney trader. GIMP time, live with it. Nerfing everyone who cares now! Lets just play the game or cancel, that's all their is. All those posts that you have, has funcom really listened to what you've said....

Re: Re: implants, what about implants?

Originally posted by Cosmik

No, implants (nor belts and belt components) won't be affected like guns and armor. That'd be messy.
    its already messy... Cosmik, Please reply to these posts.. We beg of you... dont do this, for FCs own good... Tell them their players will leave again... Tir will be empty... OT will be empty... Neut area will be empty... It will be 12.6 all over again...
    Noooooooooo

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Traders Suck

Either you're really dumb or really stupid not to know about the wrangle after leveling those characters up. I guess you're dumb and stupid. Not my fault there eh? But anyways, I don't care about your other characters and to tell you the truth you seem to be just another whiney trader. GIMP time, live with it. Nerfing everyone who cares now! Lets just play the game or cancel, that's all their is. All those posts that you have, has funcom really listened to what you've said....
    Wanna know why FC hasnt been listening? Cause they dont care about the gamers.
    FC is what they call an investment company. A part of a bigger company, that fix it up, then makes it hollow. This is what has happened to FC. Their funds are low. They sack people for no reason (Jdaug).
    Soon FC will become bankrupt and the game wont really be anymore (if we dont get lucky and a big company buys it and fix it all, that would be nice for an instance...)

Quoting Gaute Godager:

They received Wrangles and other high-level buffs affecting needed skills. Normally guild mates and "friends for hire" would supply these buffs.

Ahhh, so wranglers are high-level buffs? Does that mean I should be lvl 150 to use a simple wrangle or what?
    What does he mean really? that FC will remove the drains?
    That would be horrific, then the traders would really, really be worthless...

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Traders Suck

Originally posted by Darksnake

Wanna know why FC hasnt been listening? Cause they dont care about the gamers.
    FC is what they call an investment company. A part of a bigger company, that fix it up, then makes it hollow. This is what has happened to FC. Their funds are low. They sack people for no reason (Jdaug).
    Soon FC will become bankrupt and the game wont really be anymore (if we dont get lucky and a big company buys it and fix it all, that would be nice for an instance...)
    Sure we can blame them they made excellent titles for the PSone such as Speed Punks! Great game guys.....haha well, I know they don't listen and I know they don't care, they throw salt on wounds and call it a day. I have fun with the game cuz it's a good way to pass time when you're not doing anything. You can interact with people and stuff. I'll never be happy til the Freedom Arms return so that's that. Soon as another RPG comes out that's worth playing.... they can count on my cash going elsewhere because enough is enough. I want to use my adventurer and they see this sugar coating as something else. My beef was never with you snake just relax for crying out loud. Just face it Traders suck and they are cheap. I wish my adventurer could carry a lvl 200 pistol..... no wait what would be the point.. you think it'll do 100pts of damage?

Hmm...

Darksnake,

Not trying to be rude, but you have NEVER answered my question about how your Trader is being nerfed.

All I see is lots of ranting without any substance. If the ranting makes you feel better, I understand, but if you really want to have a good discussion that might make a difference one way or the other, post something that has some content!

Skara

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Traders Suck

Sure we can blame them they made excellent titles for the PSone such as Speed Punks! Great game guys.....haha well, I know they don't listen and I know they don't care, they throw salt on wounds and call it a day. I have fun with the game cuz it's a good way to pass time when you're not doing anything. You can interact with people and stuff. I'll never be happy til the Freedom Arms return so that's that. Soon as another RPG comes out that's worth playing.... they can count on my cash going elsewhere because enough is enough. I want to use my adventurer and they see this sugar coating as something else. My beef was never with you snake just relax for crying out loud. Just face it Traders suck and they are cheap. I wish my adventurer could carry a lvl 200 pistol..... no wait what would be the point.. you think it'll do 100pts of damage?
    lol, hehe, no more like 40ish with the new overequip rules hehe...
    w00t!!!!!!!

Truth and fact:

There is no way in hell that one survives an aggro without overequiping.

another truth, I got killed by 3 grey shades lvl 40ish. Im lvl 70ish, use ql 110 armor and had es. of beh. I fumbled once with my root, and thats that.
    FC please answer this hehe?

Re: Hmm...

Originally posted by Skara
    Darksnake,

Not trying to be rude, but you have NEVER answered my question about how your Trader is being nerfed.

All I see is lots of ranting without any substance. If the ranting makes you feel better, I understand, but if you really want to have a good discussion that might make a difference one way or the other, post something that has some content!

Skara

Makes me feel better... Makes me feel important again.. hehe... Im now obsolete... or somewhat obsolete... Thats why I spend so much time on the forums...

--------------------------
    Im the most dangerous foe
    Ive got nothing else to loose.

Unhappy Re: Re: Mostly Great

Originally posted by Gokudan

My lvl 38 trader can deprive for 69 and stack a ransack on that of 76 fairly, that'll show u how stupid FC is
    Ow. That's a debuff of just shy of 50% on my 40th level MP.

What's more, even if I can terminate that pet and resummon a fresh one, it'll be a level 30 pet, down from my existing level 60 pet. Assuming I have to resummon my healing pet, that also brings me down to a plain Medinos. And that's assuming that I live long enough to terminate and summon the Medinos, while you (thanks to the ransack) crit the crap out of me with a Vector ND shotgun.

No sir, I don't like it. Not one bit.

Re: Re: Mostly Great

Originally posted by Gokudan

My lvl 38 trader can deprive for 69 and stack a ransack on that of 76 fairly, that'll show u how stupid FC is
    you could do better... Selfequipable...

Arrow L_M_A_O

overequipping *problems*? these are things, that the game designers put into the game initially and they were naive to think that people wouldn't stack buffs if and when they could -- i mean, come_on...

and the PvP issue -- in beauty pagents for little 5 year old girls, it is understood that the mother with the most money to spend on hair extensions, clothes, etc... has a better shot at winning. people in AO are going to *whine* that *they* don't have enough money for implants and buffs??? WHEN did it become unfair to use all of the best *LEGAL* things at your disposal to be a champion? if it were illegal to stack buffs in AO, why didn't the programmers prevent it?

i don't stack buffs, i barely even have any implants and i flubbed up some weapon skills early on, but... i am doing *OK*. i DO NOT feel that people who have twinked themselves out have an unfair advantage over me because ANYONE could do it if they wanted to fool with it. oh so you don't want to fool with it..? you don't want to go the extra mile and make sure you're the very best you can be before you step into the arena..?

oh_well, i'm sorry you couldn't afford your wheaties, but it is really childish to complain about twinking. it's fun for some people, and this is just a game... if you gimp the twinking ability, then the game that had game play for all types of people will slowly start whittling their diversity away... i'm sorry, but that's just how i see it. if everyone was equally as uber, then we wouldn't have the *game gods* that we need to look up to for actual "RPGing" to be... umm, interesting. it's not as if only a handful of people are twinking... nearly everyone with the guts to step into the arena for a fight is doing it... have you WATCHED PvP in this game??!?!!?! have you even TRIED it?

if every dude walking the street was as bad as mike tyson or steve austin or the rock or whoever then how special would they be? not very. i support twinking even though it's too much for me to bother with, only because some people find it fun... and if you *knew* what to expect from your opponant when you took them on everytime, then the thrill isn't going to be the same.

whats next? no traders in the arena because they can detwink you too easily? no engies allowed in PvP because no one can handle them AND their bots? no agents vs. any other class but other agents because in some ppls view they are too uber to begin with?? i just DON'T understand... with all the TROUBLESOME bugs left to be cared for, the creators of AO have decided to to be so overly concerned with twinking in the PvP area.

i have a su****ion... i *know* in RL the people who are whining like babies about twinking and OMG trust me -- they are NOT the types of people who you would generally take advice from, LoL, i am talking some of the sorest losers, you will ever see. i have NO doubts that it's not the case with everyone who looks down on twinking, but... forcing everyone down to the same level and ripping away the ability for *future* players to match up in uber-ness to ppl who have been playing longer who 'DO NOT CHOOSE TO BOTHER WITH THE IP RESET' will be far *MORE* unfair than ANYTHING going on right now in AO, i mean it.

what's unfair about high level implants and utilizing buffs? WHAT IN THE HECK ARE BUFFS *FOR* THEN???? HOLY S....!!!! LOL!!!

do you see my point? i see funcom's point... and i think it is atop their dunce cap on this issue. :oP

Page 31 of 90 FirstFirst ... 12131415161718192021222324252627282930313233343536373839404142434445464748495081 ... LastLast